PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mock Offseason Playoffs: 1 Miami Heat vs. 8 Cleveland Cavaliers

PatsSoxKnicks
08-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site took the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

The Heat have homecourt advantage.

Heat Depth Chart:

PG: Ty Lawson / Jerryd Bayless
SG: Courtney Lee / Dion Waiters/ Jerryd Bayless
SF: LeBron James / Courtney Lee / Rashard Lewis
PF: Jeff Green / Udonis Haslem / Jarvis Varnado
C: Nikola Pekovic / Greg Oden / Hasheed Thabeet

6th Man Role: Dion Waiters

Cavs Depth Chart:

PG: Stephen Curry | Ramon Sessions
SG: Iman Shumpert | Ray Allen | Evan Fournier | John Jenkins | Jeremy Lamb
SF: Carlos Delfino | Corey Brewer
PF: Taj Gibson | Andrew Nicholson
C: DeMarcus Cousins | Bismack Biyombo

KnicksorBust
08-25-2013, 12:56 PM
I absolutely love the Cavs backcourt. They even have Ray Allen coming off the bench! However, the Heat frontcourt would just manhandle them. On the chance of a hot game by Steph-Ray-Delfino-etc. I'll say Heat in 5.

I Rock Shaqs
08-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Damn I'm not even lying I think the Cavs would win this one.

KnicksorBust
08-25-2013, 05:53 PM
You must love Cousins.

TrueFan420
08-25-2013, 06:46 PM
You must love Cousins.

I think the cavs make it more interesting than the votes show. Curry and cousins would do work but the thing that makes it so close is Lebron doesn't have shooters on his team.

Ill21
08-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Cavs need another legit scoring option

KnicksorBust
08-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I think the cavs make it more interesting than the votes show. Curry and cousins would do work but the thing that makes it so close is Lebron doesn't have shooters on his team.

LeBron has shooters on that team. They might be a little light on experience and proven talent but they can shoot.

tredigs
08-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I like the real teams much more, but Miami obviously wins this. Though I don't like Ty with Lebron.

greg_ory_2005
08-25-2013, 08:58 PM
The Heat team is meh. They'd win this series pretty much because of having Lebron. I just don't think that team deserves #1 seed.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-25-2013, 10:26 PM
The Heat team is meh. They'd win this series pretty much because of having Lebron. I just don't think that team deserves #1 seed.

Yup Bulls should've got it yo

Shammyguy3
08-26-2013, 12:18 AM

Yeah...
CHI
NY
MIA
IND

is how I had the top-4

Super.
08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
(First off, I accidently voted for Miami instead of GMs, not that it really matters, but it was an accident.)

LBJ isnt surrounded by shooters? That's quite wrong. Lee is a great 3 shooting Defensive guard, Green lead the Celtics in 3 point shooting last season and postseason, Pek is one of the most efficient players in the league, let alone centers. Lawson is also quite good at scoring, and engineered the leagues best offense last season.

This team is built to go fast and score buckets on buckets on buckets.

xxplayerxx23
08-26-2013, 06:12 PM
I like Miami. Lebron has a number 2 option in Lawson, green is a solid number 3 and pek is a bruiser inside I love the team

tredigs
08-26-2013, 07:10 PM
(First off, I accidently voted for Miami instead of GMs, not that it really matters, but it was an accident.)

LBJ isnt surrounded by shooters? That's quite wrong. Lee is a great 3 shooting Defensive guard, Green lead the Celtics in 3 point shooting last season and postseason, Pek is one of the most efficient players in the league, let alone centers. Lawson is also quite good at scoring, and engineered the leagues best offense last season.

This team is built to go fast and score buckets on buckets on buckets.
They'd be fantastic in transition, agreed, but they would not be a good defensive team in the interior (at all), and they would have some issues with that offense. Ty's not an off the ball guy, and neither is Bron. And obviously nobody can give you the benefit of the doubt with Oden as a backup.

Still, an easy win here with Bron.

Super.
08-27-2013, 07:55 AM
They'd be fantastic in transition, agreed, but they would not be a good defensive team in the interior (at all), and they would have some issues with that offense. Ty's not an off the ball guy, and neither is Bron. And obviously nobody can give you the benefit of the doubt with Oden as a backup.

Still, an easy win here with Bron.

Since when have the heat been a good team in the interior?

This team is a race car. it goes fast and scores buckets. LBJ was actually rather effective in off ball plays when I saw him play last season.

tredigs
08-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Since when have the heat been a good team in the interior?

This team is a race car. it goes fast and scores buckets. LBJ was actually rather effective in off ball plays when I saw him play last season.

Since they got one of the games best PF's? I'm not trying to be malicious, I just think their backcourt, frontcourt and bench were better in reality.

Super.
08-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Since they got one of the games best PF's? I'm not trying to be malicious, I just think their backcourt, frontcourt and bench were better in reality.

I actually didn't get Ray Allen, Nor Dwyane Wade, nor did I have a amnesty clause like every other team in the mock FYI. It was Bosh and LBJ