PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: T-Mac was toughest cover

Chronz
08-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I love how people took an out of context quote from Tmac to hype Kobe above MJ, but nobody has paid any respect to Kobe naming Tmac as his toughest cover.....

Tmac and Kobe seemed to have their ups and downs over the years but they have always had some respect for one another and have helped each other throughout their careers. (Tmac told Kobe about the Germany procedure, Kobe gave Tmac advice on how to handle life as an NBA Teen).

Has anyone ever gone back at Kobe as hard as Tmac has? Has anyone ever dropped Kobe this disgustingly?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRWhfH4qkcA

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Give it a rest, dude. This was already brought up in the other thread, you have enough posts to know what threads are clearly nonsense. This most certainly qualifies.

TheMightyHumph
08-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Players talk a lot of nonsense, don't they.

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 07:14 PM
For the record, being a tougher cover doesn't mean a better player. Nobody said Kobe or tmac was better than Jordan and they probably were eachothers toughest cover in all truthfulness. Kobe and tmac are both known to have expansive and unrelenting offensive games. Some even consider Kobe to be more offensively polished than mj.

bigsams50
08-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Dat Drop

Chronz
08-24-2013, 07:29 PM
dat drop doe

Dat Drop

Chronz
08-24-2013, 07:30 PM
For the record, being a tougher cover doesn't mean a better player. Nobody said Kobe or tmac was better than Jordan and they probably were eachothers toughest cover in all truthfulness. Kobe and tmac are both known to have expansive and unrelenting offensive games. Some even consider Kobe to be more offensively polished than mj.
Cool. With that out the way, who do you think had the most success against Kobe?

Chronz
08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Players talk a lot of nonsense, don't they.

I actually agree with Kobe. Tmac was not only the most productive wing at one point, but he was arguably more skilled than Kobe, you cant say that about anyone else IMO. Kobe has mentioned in the past how much his length bothered his fadeaway and how hes a great 1 on 1 player.

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Cool. With that out the way, who do you think had the most success against Kobe?

That's a good question. I've watched his entire career and can't really pinpoint one guy that's had success against him per se. But off the top of my head, without much thought, I'm assuming its one of tmac, Allen,lbj or Kidd?

LAKERMANIA
08-24-2013, 08:27 PM

What has stopped or slowed down Kobe hasn't really been one defender. Generally, it has been team defense that has slowed Kobe down when Kobe was in his prime. Like the 2004 Pistons or the 2008 Celtics.

I'd say the person with the most one on one success on Kobe would be Bruce Bowen or Tayshaun Prince, but generally, Kobe in his prime, team defense is the way to go.

Kobe has mentioned that his toughest covers have been T-Mac and Brandon Roy in his prime.

Personally, I'd add MJ to the list, even though he was younger when he was guarding 1997-1998 MJ and probably Iverson as well

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 08:29 PM
What has stopped or slowed down Kobe hasn't really been one defender. Generally, it has been team defense that has slowed Kobe down when Kobe was in his prime. Like the 2004 Pistons or the 2008 Celtics.

I'd say the person with the most one on one success on Kobe would be Bruce Bowen or Tayshaun Prince, but generally, Kobe in his prime, team defense is the way to go.

I think he was talking offensively.

LAKERMANIA
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I think he was talking offensively.

I figured :p so I added a second part to my post

Chronz
08-24-2013, 08:58 PM
That's a good question. I've watched his entire career and can't really pinpoint one guy that's had success against him per se. But off the top of my head, without much thought, I'm assuming its one of tmac, Allen,lbj or Kidd?

Allen meaning Ray Allen? I always felt like Kobe had his number, ever since the day Ray foretold Kobe wanting out of LA within 3 years.

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Allen meaning Ray Allen? I always felt like Kobe had his number, ever since the day Ray foretold Kobe wanting out of LA within 3 years.

Yeah ray. I dunno, i didnt put too much thought into it but i remember they've had some good back and forth games back in rays prime. And I feel like Kobe never liked chasing ray around the court nonstop with the way he's constantly flashing and cutting.

D-Leethal
08-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Link?

Should I make a thread about Kobe stating he passed the torch to Melo as the best scorer in the L?

Verbal Christ
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Will the current love fest between the two mean that Mac may wind up a Laker next year?

For a few years you could argue that Mac was on Kobe's level, but greatness isn't only measured by a few years, and unfortunately for Mac he couldn't avoid the injury bug. I wouldn't mind him picking up a token ring with a contender so that he can ride off into the sunset with a little closure.