PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul wants to eliminate flopping fines, and other things...

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Sources tell us … Paul is taking his new role very seriously — and is already talking to players about his agenda, which includes:

– Preparing a battle plan to fight any league proposal for HGH testing
– Eliminating flopping fines
– Forbidding any dress code additions/changes

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/23/report-chris-paul-wants-union-to-challenge-league-on-flopping-fines-hgh-testing/

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/08/chris-paul-to-reportedly-battle-nba-on-hgh-testing-and-flopping-fines/

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/08/chris-paul-plans-to-challenge-nba-on-flopping-fines-hgh-testing-and-more

pick your source. Its being reported everywhere that Paul is using his new position of power to try and change things....for the worse IMO. I thought he was a good hire at the time too. Maybe not.

thoughts?

MoisesFTW
08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
this guy would try to eliminate flopping fines

TorontoHuskies
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/23/report-chris-paul-wants-union-to-challenge-league-on-flopping-fines-hgh-testing/

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/08/chris-paul-to-reportedly-battle-nba-on-hgh-testing-and-flopping-fines/

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/08/chris-paul-plans-to-challenge-nba-on-flopping-fines-hgh-testing-and-more

pick your source. Its being reported everywhere that Paul is using his new position of power to try and change things....for the worse IMO. I thought he was a good hire at the time too. Maybe not.

thoughts?

**** Chris Paul, never liked that prick.

RiceOnTheRun
08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Dress code I can somewhat agree with/understand but I don't really understand the other two.

Either way, we should still wait and see what he actually does before judging him as president.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Dress code I can somewhat agree with/understand but I don't really understand the other two.

Either way, we should still wait and see what he actually does before judging him as president.

And what he is actually able to enforce. Even if he is trying to implement those 3 things, he has to go through a voting system and the bureaucracy of the NBA first.

Sactown
08-23-2013, 08:45 PM

I understand the other two;
1. The NBA isn't consistent on their fining so they should either; fine after each flop, or stop fining players at all.. Also eliminating fines for flopping could stop the league from taking it a step further and allowing the officials to give techs after flops giving the officials more power.

2. I could see him not wanting the NBA to go after HGH, look what it has done to baseball.... it's like a witch hunt.

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2013, 08:48 PM

Yeah I can understand the dress code, but I don't want players wearing inappropriate clothing or sagging. They are professional athletes, key word professional.

Chronz
08-23-2013, 08:53 PM
CP3 is only doing what the players ask of him

Vinny642
08-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Hold your horses champ

FOXHOUND
08-23-2013, 08:58 PM

thoughts?

Oh wow.

An enormous flopper would want to eliminate fines for flopping lol.

No HGH testing? Is trying to avoid something else, besides fines for flopping? He does have that bone on bone knee from his idiotic decision to rush back from surgery.

The dress code implemented now is the best thing the NBA has done for it's image in a long time. All of the players have really enjoyed it and try to show off their fashion sense. Don't see why he would have any problem with it. If anything just ban cropped trousers. :D

UPRock
08-23-2013, 08:59 PM
So he wants the NBA to turn into the WWE.

D-Leethal
08-23-2013, 09:12 PM
I take back anything good I said in the other thread about CP3 becoming President. Lets just allow cheating in any capacity you can dream up!

Kyben36
08-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I can agree with the #3, but 1/2, I think the league needs to worsen the penalty for floping,

1 game suspension per obviously flop ( looking at you bron) with an additional game added on for every flop after that. for example

1 flop- 1 game suspension
2 flops- 2 game suspension
3 flops - 3 game suspension

so on and so forth, maybe 1 warning would be OK, but seriously tired of seeing guys just fall down, really ruins the game for what it is.

and no HGH testing, wow,

Vinny642
08-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh wow.

An enormous flopper would want to eliminate fines for flopping lol.

No HGH testing? Is trying to avoid something else, besides fines for flopping? He does have that bone on bone knee from his idiotic decision to rush back from surgery.

The dress code implemented now is the best thing the NBA has done for it's image in a long time. All of the players have really enjoyed it and try to show off their fashion sense. Don't see why he would have any problem with it. If anything just ban cropped trousers. :D

This, especially the part about the dress code

Chronz
08-23-2013, 09:41 PM
What is the point of giving multiple sources if they all reroute to TMZ? And they specifically tell you to take it with a grain of salt.

Afterall, TMZ just got done fabricating a story about Tmac about an hour ago.

But assuming this is true, you guys do know hes doing this for the players to own some leverage against the NBA. Dont you guys ever haggle?

smith&wesson
08-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok so Chris Paul is an advocate for players taking HGH, dressing like allen Iverson, and flopping around like limp dicks :laugh: :laugh2:
I wouldn’t be surprised if these reports are bogus.

Chronz
08-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I take back anything good I said in the other thread about CP3 becoming President. Lets just allow cheating in any capacity you can dream up!

Well that just means hes doing his job, which is to service his fellow players

Chronz
08-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Ok so Chris Paul is an advocate for players taking HGH, dressing like allen Iverson, and flopping around like limp dicks :laugh: :laugh2:
I wouldn’t be surprised if these reports are bogus.

The report isn't the problem (tho I dont buy it entirely either) its what people are extrapolating from the report. Its not like CP3 was elected president just so he can mold the NBA into his model, hes speaking on BEHALF OF THE PLAYERS.

Vinny642
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM

AHAHAHA OH God lol

Chronz
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM
R U getting pervy right now?

TheMightyHumph
08-23-2013, 09:48 PM

thoughts?

In Mgmt-Union negotiations, both sides are always supposed to ask for more than they know they can get.

Took me about 3 months as a Union Steward before I learned that lesson

MTar786
08-23-2013, 09:56 PM
cant stand cp3

Rndy
08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't have a problem with this because I'm not so sure the players Union has much of a chance on these requests such as no flopping fines and nix eventual HGH testing. He works for the players why would the players including himself want to get fined for flopping and tested for something I'm sure majority of NBA players probably take.

Auseranami
08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm ok with wanting to change the dress code, but I'm totally against eliminating flop fines. Hgh testing I couldn't care less about. Lebron would get suspended for sure lol.

Guppyfighter
08-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Paul represents the views of the players. This is what the players want.

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Paul represents the views of the players. This is what the players want.

I realize this, but it doesn't make it any better. As a basketball fan I WANT the fines for flopping. It is ruining the game. As a matter of fact the fines should be stiffer IMO

dtmagnet
08-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Players can fight for these things all they want, if the NBA wants HGH testing and stricter flopping penalties then they will happen. Can't see the players striking over these issues.

Jarvo
08-24-2013, 12:29 AM
He would try to get flopping fines out lol

Sadds The Gr8
08-24-2013, 12:36 AM
he WOULD....lol

Dade County
08-24-2013, 12:37 AM
So he wants the NBA to turn into the WWE.

it has been since the magic & bird era.

WITZ
08-24-2013, 01:13 AM
I realize this, but it doesn't make it any better. As a basketball fan I WANT the fines for flopping. It is ruining the game. As a matter of fact the fines should be stiffer IMO

Yeah those fines are already lenient enough if anything they should make them harsher, but given Paul's history as a flopper himself I doubt that happens.

sunsfan88
08-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Lol I really hope they don't push away the HGH testing. I really want to know if guys like LeBron, Rudy Gay, Dwight, Rose, Westbrook etc are clean.

SportsFanatic10
08-24-2013, 01:58 AM
i like paul and everything, plus i think it's great he took on this role. but the irony in him talking about challenging flopping is hilarious imo.

Goose17
08-24-2013, 10:21 AM
LOL. Makes sense a flopper would want to eliminate flopping fines.

And stop HGH testing? That just screams "guilty"

I Rock Shaqs
08-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Lol I really hope they don't push away the HGH testing. I really want to know if guys like LeBron, Rudy Gay, Dwight, Rose, Westbrook etc are clean.

Rudy Gay?!? He ain't even that big.

Badluck33
08-24-2013, 10:52 AM
why not submit to the HGH testing?

why would he want to address the dress code? Its the only thing in place that wont allow NBA players to dress like thugs on the bench.

flopping fines is great because it was getting ridiculous.

IndyRealist
08-24-2013, 11:01 AM
this guy would try to eliminate flopping fines

Probably the whole reason he became President.

IndyRealist
08-24-2013, 11:04 AM
NBAPA fails to repeal HGH testing.....half of the top 50 players "retire".

kobe4thewinbang
08-24-2013, 01:41 PM
What a little liberal CP3 is...

Wants to change Lob City into Flop City. Drug testing is a must. This guy must be on the stupid train.

The dress code maintains professionalism. Otherwise, these guys need to go back to the hood.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2013, 01:43 PM
CP3 is only doing what the players ask of him

this guys, my god. People are acting as if he is acting like a dictator here.

Look, the flopping fines are completely inconsistent, and bs. Either be serious about it, or stop with them.

The HGH testing, should take a page from the MLB, where it's become a public with hunt, as mentioned above. It has done zero good in baseball, why would the NBA want to now enter those waters, when another major sport has ****ed it up so badly?

The dress code I have no issue with. Maintain professionalism, you guys make a ton of money, and we don't need young children looking at a guy with a jersey and jeans 14 times too big from him sitting on the bench when he isn't playing.

kobe4thewinbang
08-24-2013, 01:46 PM
The HGH testing, should take a page from the MLB, where it's become a public with hunt, as mentioned above. It has done zero good in baseball, why would the NBA want to now enter those waters, when another major sport has ****ed it up so badly?So you're saying we should all be kept in the dark and pretend that nobody is cheating their way to millions?

Chronz
08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
What a little liberal CP3 is...

Wants to change Lob City into Flop City. Drug testing is a must. This guy must be on the stupid train.

The dress code maintains professionalism. Otherwise, these guys need to go back to the hood.

So you're saying we should all be kept in the dark and pretend that nobody is cheating their way to millions?

I want reform as well, but you cant deny that there are reasons beyond players cheating for wanting to fight against it. You have to make a big stink about things in order to gain some leverage elsewhere. Players have been losing the CBA battle, they are being more aggressive this go around. I dont think it will work but I understand their attempt.

TheMightyHumph
08-24-2013, 01:57 PM
it has been since the magic & bird era.

The WWE era ended with Riley's Knicks

tr3ymill3r
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
If they NBAPA is going to take a stand on HGH testing, I think that tells you everything we need to know about if these guys are clean or not. They aren't using steroids to gain muscle mass, they are using PEDs in order to recover from back to back games and 4 games in 5 nights. Also think of all of the traveling these guys do cross country to play back to backs. The PEDs that are being used in the NBA are strictly to recover and I wouldn't be surprised if close to 75% of the guys are using strictly for the recovery factor.

kobe4thewinbang
08-24-2013, 03:20 PM
If they NBAPA is going to take a stand on HGH testing, I think that tells you everything we need to know about if these guys are clean or not. They aren't using steroids to gain muscle mass, they are using PEDs in order to recover from back to back games and 4 games in 5 nights. Also think of all of the traveling these guys do cross country to play back to backs. The PEDs that are being used in the NBA are strictly to recover and I wouldn't be surprised if close to 75% of the guys are using strictly for the recovery factor.Still doesn't make it ethical. If what you are saying is true, then the NBA should cut the season down to 50-60 games. 82 is a bit redundant, especially since bad teams just keep losing more and the real contenders keep piling on trivial wins.

Goose17
08-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Rudy Gay?!? He ain't even that big.

Do you understand what HGH is? It's primary purpose isn't to improve muscle mass, although it has been proven to maintain and increase lean mass if used in conjunction with proper dieting.

However the primary purpose of HGH is to help with cell reproduction. So although some guys might get bigger while using it, some might not. It's used mainly for quicker recovery from injuries.

D-Leethal
08-25-2013, 11:57 AM

How do you know this is what all the players want? There are plenty of players who openly criticize flopping. I wouldn't assume that this is the unanimous belief among NBA players.

Heediot
08-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah I can understand the dress code, but I don't want players wearing inappropriate clothing or sagging. They are professional athletes, key word professional.

Professional doesn't equate to how you dress, it equates to how well you perform and do your job.

Your viewpoint perpetuates the inauthenticity of society, where instincts and intuitive sense is disregarded for appearrances that may be misleading.

Nothing wrong with dressing so called professionally, but do it naturally not forced because of ulterior motives or artificial conventions.

FOBolous
08-25-2013, 03:38 PM
hate him already.

Kushed
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I think it's pretty ironic that he is trying to eliminate flopping fines even though I agree with him hahaha.

And not really sure how I feel about fighting any HGH testing proposals. There is no place in the game for cheaters.

lowdown32
08-25-2013, 04:32 PM
nevermind

mike_noodles
08-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Another athlete that doesn't want drug testing :facepalm:.

Funny how people call baseball's policy a witch hunt, yet they are the only league to be suspending significant numbers of players for failing PED tests. I guess the other leagues are clean right? Hell even the CIAU (Canadian University) has suspended more athletes for PED than the NBA, NHL and NFL combined. It's a ****ing joke.

3RDASYSTEM
08-25-2013, 05:22 PM
this guys, my god. People are acting as if he is acting like a dictator here.

Look, the flopping fines are completely inconsistent, and bs. Either be serious about it, or stop with them.

The HGH testing, should take a page from the MLB, where it's become a public with hunt, as mentioned above. It has done zero good in baseball, why would the NBA want to now enter those waters, when another major sport has ****ed it up so badly?

The dress code I have no issue with. Maintain professionalism, you guys make a ton of money, and we don't need young children looking at a guy with a jersey and jeans 14 times too big from him sitting on the bench when he isn't playing.

I guess you and others are fans of the lady dressing 'skinny jean' era that WADE and WESTBROOK do nowadays?

i'd rather dress like IVERSON or like FRAZIER-DR J use to dress before wearing women clothes

why should it matter how they dress since the criminals runs the billion dollar business anyway

its like saying they are professional but they get wasted before and after games in all professional sports, I witnessed it firsthand before

how is a dress code going to make you look more professional when half the crowd is dressed in a regular **** and jeans, or sweats? they want to interact and feel close as possible to the player, they are in a arena(bigger decked out gym) so why would you want to dress like a funeral service at a entertainment venue, a sporting event?

LA_Raiders
08-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Lol, I bet he does, he is a top 10 flopper.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I guess you and others are fans of the lady dressing 'skinny jean' era that WADE and WESTBROOK do nowadays?

i'd rather dress like IVERSON or like FRAZIER-DR J use to dress before wearing women clothes

why should it matter how they dress since the criminals runs the billion dollar business anyway

its like saying they are professional but they get wasted before and after games in all professional sports, I witnessed it firsthand before

how is a dress code going to make you look more professional when half the crowd is dressed in a regular **** and jeans, or sweats? they want to interact and feel close as possible to the player, they are in a arena(bigger decked out gym) so why would you want to dress like a funeral service at a entertainment venue, a sporting event?

Let me put it this way. If I was a father (like my Dad was), I don't want my kid idolizing someone who dresses like he is in the Crips, when he is making legit $8 million a year. Call me weird.....

Why do you think so many old timers don't even give a **** about the NBA anymore?

Bruno
08-25-2013, 10:21 PM

dont worry, some of them still dress like grown men with a little class
http://loqdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/10065461_LAKERS_0427E.jpg

Walt had style (and dressed like a total bad***), Iverson didn't have style.
http://www.dailyknicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/walt-frazier.jpg

GiantsSwaGG
08-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Only a flopper would make these demands

Oh wait.....

GiantsSwaGG
08-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Let me put it this way. If I was a father (like my Dad was), I don't want my kid idolizing someone who dresses like he is in the Crips, when he is making legit $8 million a year. Call me weird.....

Why do you think so many old timers don't even give a **** about the NBA anymore?

They got crips in Minny? Lol

Chromehounds
08-26-2013, 01:02 AM
"Flop City" suites CP and Griffin much better than Lop City.

OceanSpray
08-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Personally, I think they should be suspended for one game without pay. Let's be honest, NBA players blow $5000 in one day anyways.