PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz Needs to seriously stop Talking Now

EEasyA
08-23-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm putting this nicely, but Ortiz needs to just stop talking and be quiet. First he complains that his whole body is sore because of having too travel from Boston to La. That reminded me of what some players from last years team said ala Adrian Gonzalez. However if with that said, I still gave him a pass for saying that.

Now fast forward today and for David Ortiz to say that Dempster was wrong to throw at Arod and that woke up the Yankees. Really Ortiz. That's one of the stupidest comment I have ever had. The Yankees needed Dempster throwing at Arod to wake them up. What he forgot was that the Yankees were already on a long winning streak before coming to Boston.

Even with all that said, the reason I really made this thread was because, I felt like Ortiz acted like a bad teammate by calling out Dempster in public. That type of action is how you start a club house mutiny. Ortiz talks too much and needs to control some of what he says sometimes. Don't even get me started with Ortiz hanging out with Arod. Smh.

grandsalami
08-23-2013, 01:06 AM
---

EEasyA
08-23-2013, 01:30 AM
---

? ?

Lackeyfan41
08-23-2013, 02:11 AM
He didn't really call out Dempster he just said he did not agree with it because it woke up the yankees and A-Rod, (+ it lead to a run) then added that Dempster was a great guy.

RedSoxtober
08-23-2013, 10:04 AM
"I didn't like it. I don't think it was the right thing to do,'' Ortiz told USA Today. "But we don't all think alike, and the guy who did it, Dempster, is a great guy. It's not that I didn't think it was right because Alex and I are friends, because once you cross the white lines, everyone's on their own.

"But we've got Tampa right on our heels, and that pitch woke up a monster in the Yankees' team at that moment. You saw how the game ended up. CC [Sabathia] was throwing 91 [m.p.h.] and started throwing 96. Alex later hit one way out there.

"You're talking about a good team that you can't wake up. But we learn from our mistakes.''

Sorry, EEasyA, but he was very specific about the effect: the IN GAME performance went from crap to crushing. He's right. Also, if you look at the quote it seems fairly obvious that he was responding to a reporter's question about the HBP. I don't have a problem with him saying that he didn't like it (I didn't either), especially the way he said it.

And complaining about Ortiz' comments about the travel schedule? I'll give him a pass since several people HERE were complaining about the very same thing the week BEFORE the trip.

EEasyA
08-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Sorry, EEasyA, but he was very specific about the effect: the IN GAME performance went from crap to crushing. He's right. Also, if you look at the quote it seems fairly obvious that he was responding to a reporter's question about the HBP. I don't have a problem with him saying that he didn't like it (I didn't either), especially the way he said it.

And complaining about Ortiz' comments about the travel schedule? I'll give him a pass since several people HERE were complaining about the very same thing the week BEFORE the trip.

I respectfully disagree. He shouldn't call out his teammate publicly. I bet dempster wasn't happy with it. A no comment by Ortiz would have sufficed.

RedSoxtober
08-24-2013, 07:16 AM
I'd rather he err on the side of leadership than have something like that happen again.

ruckus16969
08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
I feel like he was right in what he said but he probably shouldn't have said it publicly about the whole beaming A-Rod thing. But who cares if he said his body hurts after that long *** flight. He is just human and he is getting old.

RedSoxtober
08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
David Ortiz said last week that hitting Rodriguez was the wrong thing to do because it appeared to motivate the Yankees in a game the Red Sox ended up losing.

Ortiz’s relatively innocuous comments made news nationally because he appeared to be criticizing a teammate. But Dempster said he took no offense.

“For sure. He has his opinion and he’s right to every bit of his opinion,” Dempster said. “This is his team. I’m sure he was a little bit frustrated with how everything happened and that’s OK, man. … We joked about it and we’re totally cool.”Boston.com