PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mock Offseason Playoffs: 2 Chicago Bulls vs. 7 Atlanta Hawks

PatsSoxKnicks
08-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site took the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2013 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

The Bulls have homecourt advantage.

Bulls Depth Chart:

PG: Deron Williams l JJ Barea l Peyton Siva
SG: Thabo Sefolosha l Landry Fields l Will Barton
SF: Kawhi Leonard l Landry Fields l Teletovic
PF: Al Horford l Brandon Bass l
C: Tim Duncan l Aaron Gray

Hawks Depth Chart:

Pg: Jrue holiday 37/derrick fisher-13
SG: Jimmy Butler 35/OJ Mayo 13
SF: Rudy Gay 25/OJ mayo 20 Alan Anderson 3
PF: David Lee 34/ Rudy Gay 14
C: Samuel Dalembert 36/lavoy Allen 13

Bulls Write-up:

First we would like to congratulate our opponents on putting in the time and effort to building a good team and hope them the best of luck in this series.

The name of the game this whole series for us offensively is post Duncan, post Horford, post Duncan some more oh and post Horford more. We want to attack the paint because of the weak defending they have down low.
There is absolutely no doubt Al and Timmy can form a mini version of the twin towers and abuse the Hawks all series long.
The lack of big man depth on the Hawks is also a concern because should Lee or Dally get in foul trouble, they are absolutely doomed, that's without pointing out the fact that the last 3 years Dalemberts minutes played have decreased and he only managed about 17 minutes per game last year.
So how are the Hawks going to manage?

Dalembert gave up 0.93 PPP on post ups last year ranking 211, allowing opponents to shoot 47% on him by backing him down.

How about David Lee you ask? He was not only in ranked in the bottom 5 of interior defense last year, but he allowed 0.84 PPP on post ups ranking 145th. His man to man defense face up wasn't good either as he allowed 0.94 PPP on Iso's ranking 277th.

As you can tell our strategy is plain and simple, every possession down the floor. Bringing the ball up the court, dumping it into our bigs and spacing the floor, so should the double teams arrive, our awesome guards can knock down the open jumpers, which they both do at a tremendous clip.

Defensively we feel like we have the best in the entire Mock. Thabo kawhi Horford and Duncan are all above average defenders. Some people feel that Tim Duncan may be losing it due to his age but this is far from true. he may not be a prime Tim Duncan, but he is coming off a year where he tied for the league league with 6.3 defensive RAPM, A defensive rating of 95, 4.9 DWS and a .191 WS/48. Then we have Al Horford who will be guarding David Lee who is also a very good defender (1.3 Defensive RAPM 4.1 DWS and a defensive rating of 102). Then we have a rising star in Kawhi Leonard who is already a solid defender and is starting to find his offensive game as we saw in these past finals. Then we have Thabo Sefolosha who is already known as a solid defender who can knock down the 3 ball at an efficient clip. Finally we have Deron Williams and while he may not be elite defensively we feel with the rest of the defense of our defense behind him we will be fine

All in all we feel that while the Hawks have put together a good team our team is far superior to theirs. We will win with our team defense and their inablities to stop our offense especially in the posts or with their kickouts.

Hawks Write-up:

Congrats to KJ, eagles and lucky for building a really great team and good luck in the matchup guys.
Offense-
We have 4 guys that can single handily win you a game when they get hot. Jrue while he wasn't efficient last year is coming off a nice all around year, him not being the main focus will greatly help him. You have Rudy gay, Jimmy BUCKETS and David lee offensively that he didn't have in Philly. Rudy Gay a very interesting player while many will say he is a chucker he always hits the big shots in clutch time. We are going to run some small ball with him at the 4 and mayo at the 3 some of the time to spread the floor. It's going to be a balances attack with double double machine David lee, Jrue, Rudy, Mayo, and buckets getting most of the touches

Defense. Must read. We are putting shut down jimmy on Deron and are going to bother him with the defense of Jimmy Butler and Jrue Holiday. But to start the game we will have jimmy on him. Leonard and Thabo lack of a CONSISTENT outside shot will allow us to double their two headed monster down low. We will force Thabo to beat us from the outside. We trust jimmy and Jrue combination to slow deron down and completely take him out of this series the same way Hinrich took Deron out of the series IRL.
Oh yeah not to mention we have a rim protecter in Samuel dalembert. His numbers per 36 last year 14.7 13 and 2.5 Blocks per game. Sure he won't shut you down but he won't make it easy for Timmy or AL to score inside. Put that together with the double down low they shouldn't be able to kill us.

Key factors jimmy butler and Jrue holiday's ability to make it tough on Deron and IMO take him out of the series. NOT ONE consitant outside threat which allows us to double both bigs down low and OJ Mayo ability to bring a huge spark off the bench something Chicago is lacking.

Hope you read the write up
JIMMY BUCKETS will start on deron and Jrue will see some time on him.

PatsSoxKnicks
08-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Pretty easy choice here- going with the Bulls. Hawks write-up didn't blow me away either, which meant I see no reason to hold off on voting. Bulls are simply too talented and I have no idea why the Hawks think leaving Thabo and Kawhi open for 3 pointers is a good strategy when both are above average and both can kill you from 3. Saying they aren't consistent when Kawhi is a career 37% 3 point shooter and is coming off a playoff run where he shot 39% while Thabo has shot over 40% from 3 point land the last 2 years is well wrong (though an argument for Thabo being inconsistent from 3 is more plausible). Although obviously that's the lesser of 2 evils if it means not leaving Duncan/Horford open. But thats exactly why the Bulls would win this series rather easily.

Also, I said way too much for a matchup that probably needed 1 sentence considering the obvious mismatch.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Damn that bulls team is sexy, Bulls in a sweep for me

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Damn that bulls team is sexy, Bulls in a sweep for me

No sweep

Eagles4Lyfe
08-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes sweep, just cause I'm energetic, if your willing to refute any of the points we've made, I'm down to have a valid argument with you.

KnicksorBust
08-22-2013, 11:16 AM
The Hawks team is better than most people think. I love the defense in the backcourt and I like Rudy Gay more than most people. David Lee is a solid scorer but Dalembert could barely even crack the Bucks rotation last year.

Bulls advance.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-22-2013, 11:23 AM
The Hawks team is better than most people think. I love the defense in the backcourt and I like Rudy Gay more than most people. David Lee is a solid scorer but Dalembert could barely even crack the Bucks rotation last year.

Bulls advance.

I said this same thing after that blockbuster trade.
Had they faced a team that like say the Heat for example, they could've had a really good shot.
But player no put time into write up

Ebbs
08-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Yea hawks team is decent. But bulls are obviously better.

I'd say the 3 pointer thing is valid to an extent? Kawhi shoots a good percentage but on a small sample size didn't he only shoot like 1 a game?

Greet
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, I don't buy Dalembert as a player that can stand 36 mpg in a playoff series.....That is the downfall for the Hawks. Voting for the Bulls here.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Bulls are great I can't really argue. We would steal a couple games

Greet
08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah I don't think this would be as much of a blowout as people think. Man if only you had a different center, it would be so much more interesting

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah I don't think this would be as much of a blowout as people think. Man if only you had a different center, it would be so much more interesting

Looked everywhere for one. Couldn't find one :sigh:

Killerjug
08-22-2013, 12:14 PM
well with a better center they likely arent the 7 seed...

Greet
08-22-2013, 12:15 PM
well with a better center they likely arent the 7 seed...

Hey you! Shut your mouth :p

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2013, 12:33 PM
get the brooms out

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 12:55 PM
get the brooms out

No.

Bruno
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
bulls in a sweep.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 04:57 PM
No chance it's a sweep.

Mr. Baller
08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
http://www.pristinemaidsflorida.com/images/janitor2.gif

Guppyfighter
08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Sweep

Ebbs
08-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Bulls in 5.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2013, 10:01 PM
You seriously have a better chance of me winning the series then sweeping the team. Jimmy is going to put deron on lock

Giannis94
08-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Umm yeah. Weak East.

Shammyguy3
08-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Sorry, this is definitely a sweep.

mightybosstone
08-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm actually stunned the Hawks didn't get more votes, because that's a very solid team they've compiled with not that many assets to start with. That being said, as much as I love David Lee, I think he and Dalembert would get completely abused down low by Horford and Duncan, especially with Dally playing 36 minutes a night and Rudy Gay getting minutes at PF (a real head scratcher, IMO). I think Atlanta pulls one out at home with a big offensive game, but ultimately Chicago wins easily in five games.