Stunner
08-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Jesus http://i.imgur.com/c8WX4RN.jpg

RipCity32
08-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Hes a big *** dude :speechless:

IndyRealist
08-22-2013, 01:10 AM
I realize Tim is leaning over, but Hibbert looks a full head taller than him. Roy's arms are as thick as Tim's legs.

TrueFan420
08-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Who care how big his arms are if he doesn't work on his post game. Dude isn't the greatest with his back to the basket.

Clippersfan86
Holy fu**. This is the year Indiana goes beast mode on Miami and gets to the finals me thinks. Hard working group, extremely loaded. How do you freaking guard a 7'2 guy with a Karl Malone build?

Chronz
Is being so massive safe for his game/health?

murphturph
08-22-2013, 01:13 AM
I realize Tim is leaning over, but Hibbert looks a full head taller than him. Roy's arms are as thick as Tim's legs.

Truth

tredigs
08-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Hibbert and homeboy next to him look like a different species.

Hibbert will be on my fantasy team.

RipCity32
08-22-2013, 01:18 AM
I seriously can't get over how much bigger he is then Duncan in that pic.

tredigs
08-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Looks like they're wearing 4 ounce MMA gloves by the way. Wonder what that's all about.

And looks like Splitter next to Duncan, but who's the Nike shirt? Mahimi?

mjt20mik
08-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Looks like they're wearing 4 ounce MMA gloves by the way. Wonder what that's all about.

Yup

Bostonjorge
08-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Miami!! What u gonna do?

TrueFan420
08-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Miami!! What u gonna do?

They got no knees oden they taking the next 5 ships

carlthack
08-22-2013, 01:36 AM
He looks like he grew another 2". Could probably look eye to eye with Yao Ming.

kobe4thewinbang
08-22-2013, 01:38 AM
If he had given a better performance in Game 7, Indy would've won.

Bishnoff
08-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Whoa.

meloman1592
08-22-2013, 01:47 AM
What the hell? Did he grow

TrueFan420
08-22-2013, 01:51 AM
What the hell? Did he grow

He's always been 7'2 he just added a lot of bulk.

D1JM
08-22-2013, 01:53 AM
for you stunner. disappointed in you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hG2OA-1no

arlubas
08-22-2013, 01:54 AM
It definitely didn't make him a better post player or anything but a big man getting some more bulk is never bad, unless you overdo it and mess up your waist. Hibbert on the other hand seems to be at just the right weight right now. Can't wait to see what other improvements he has done on his game during the summer.

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 01:56 AM
Roy only dominates Miami because of his size. He won't be doing what he did in that series CONSTANTLY.

D1JM
08-22-2013, 02:01 AM
he looks big and taller somehow but it's going to slow him down. it doesn't really help him to get bigger. he needs to improve his quickness

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 02:03 AM
he looks big and taller somehow but it's going to slow him down. it doesn't really help him to get bigger. he needs to improve his quickness

Very true. Duncan slimmed down and look at his production. I don't think he needed to get bigger. It's obviously not why Duncan dominates.

ragee
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM

True. Players like Brandon Wright needed to bulk up because he is being pushed around. This is not the case for Hibbert. He can already stand his ground and didn't need to bulk up because that's going to affect his quickness. Unless he has developed into a great post up player, I don't see how bulking up will improve his game.

Stunner
08-22-2013, 02:13 AM
for you stunner. disappointed in you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hG2OA-1no

Lmao that song is horrible

Bostonjorge
08-22-2013, 02:14 AM
He is a C he don't need to be fast. Getting bigger will make him more dominant especially against Miami. His size and strength will make him a force on D with a already great defensive team. I want to see Lebron block his dunk now. His arms will help him finish at the rim stronger like shaq and Howard.

3RDASYSTEM
08-22-2013, 02:20 AM
bean Bryant of big men, will 'develop' to top 5 big men all time, especially if he wins 2-3 rings in INDY market, book it

his developmental stage is off the charts, too bad he doesn't play in bigger media market or else he would be super hyped up, but he's good at best, nothing special no matter how many pounds or muscle or skill gained, he's basically a slightly better offensive player as MUTOMBO and he is nowhere near the D caliber so its basically a wash unless HIBBERT goes for like 2-3 straight years of leading league in boards-blocks and gets DPOY in all years then he would be in discussion but I highly doubt he will do that as long as HOWARD is healthy and NOAH and LOPEZ etc.

D1JM
08-22-2013, 02:24 AM
He is a C he don't need to be fast. Getting bigger will make him more dominant especially against Miami. His size and strength will make him a force on D with a already great defensive team. I want to see Lebron block his dunk now. His arms will help him finish at the rim stronger like shaq and Howard.

i am not talking about being pg quick but being quick enough to adjust and stay out of foul trouble. it's not like hibbert has ever struggled staying out of foul trouble before

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2013, 03:14 AM

I think I heard Hibbert say he trains MMA in the offseason to keep in shape.

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 03:22 AM
bean Bryant of big men, will 'develop' to top 5 big men all time, especially if he wins 2-3 rings in INDY market, book it

his developmental stage is off the charts, too bad he doesn't play in bigger media market or else he would be super hyped up, but he's good at best, nothing special no matter how many pounds or muscle or skill gained, he's basically a slightly better offensive player as MUTOMBO and he is nowhere near the D caliber so its basically a wash unless HIBBERT goes for like 2-3 straight years of leading league in boards-blocks and gets DPOY in all years then he would be in discussion but I highly doubt he will do that as long as HOWARD is healthy and NOAH and LOPEZ etc.

Wth? He's 26 and he hasn't done jack compared to Howard. How could you put Hibbert over Howard? Hibbert only played great against Miami. Against a legitimate center, he's inferior.

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Wth? He's 26 and he hasn't done jack compared to Howard. How could you put Hibbert over Howard? Hibbert only played great against Miami. Against a legitimate center, he's inferior.

he clearly outplayed Chandler...

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 03:43 AM
he clearly outplayed Chandler...

Yeah, but it wasn't like he was dominant against them. Only against Miami, which we already knew was going to happen due to Miami having a weak front court.

jayjay33
08-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Who care how big his arms are if he doesn't work on his post game. Dude isn't the greatest with his back to the basket.

Every single person they play. Who wants to drive to the basket cares. Every single person who's has to fight his big *** for a rebound cares as well.

But yeah, who cares about defense and rebounding, Lol.

LAcowBOMBER
08-22-2013, 04:20 AM
If he develops Shaq type strength, he won't even have to improve his post game, he will just be able to back anyone down like Shaq (I know Shaq did have post moves, not saying Hibbert will be that good, but it'll be similar)

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 06:08 AM
If he develops Shaq type strength, he won't even have to improve his post game, he will just be able to back anyone down like Shaq (I know Shaq did have post moves, not saying Hibbert will be that good, but it'll be similar)

yeah right. Shaq was physically gifted as a child. He was basically a prodigy.. Nothing about Hibbert states that.

kdspurman
08-22-2013, 07:55 AM

The guy next to Hibbert is a former pro boxer, Jesse James Leija.

royhibbert55
TD brought in sum boxing coaches to put us thru sum work. Lift, Court then boxing. I'm done for the day.

He's been training with TD and other members of the Spurs for like 6-7 years now.
http://www.jessejamesleija.com/leijatrainsspurs.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSOKLeOCcAAsjLQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSN8uSwCAAAKpbB.jpg

Looks like Pop was putting in work lol...

Rockice_8
08-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Yeah this ^^

He's never been a 30+ mpg game guy or very nimble on his feet so this added weight might not be a good thing. Stamina, quickness and touch usually don't improve when bulking up. Probably should have gone more leaner muscle than the big bulky body builder look.

Rockice_8
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Every single person they play. Who wants to drive to the basket cares. Every single person who's has to fight his big *** for a rebound cares as well.

Big arms =/= rebounding or defense.

He was a very good defender last year without the big arms. More mass = less mobility and more weight to carry around which in terms = less stamina. This is especially true for guys of his size.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-22-2013, 08:42 AM

What is going on on your sig?

beasted86
08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
He's adding useless weight that will only put more stress on his knees/feet. I see an injury coming soon... not wishing for it at all, but I just wish more of these Centers would use common sense of physics and history in the NBA.

All the Centers over 275 in recent years have been mostly injury prone: Yao, Bynum, Shaq, Oden, Bogut, Jefferson, Przybilla, Perkins (before slimming down), etc, etc... Hibbert is 7'2" so it would be hard to get to 275 or below, but he's not helping himself adding more weight every season. But Duncan has slimmed down to prolong his career and you can see the difference between a couple years ago.

Pacerlive
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't like he was dominant against them. Only against Miami, which we already knew was going to happen due to Miami having a weak front court.

Most guys who get triple teamed in the post won't have a dominate series. I am still laughing at the Knick triple teaming IAN.

Matter.
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM

o-o why do you have that sig?

C_Mund
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
He looks massive.... he's always moved like a big big person though, can his frame take that weight?

Pacerlive
08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
I think I heard Hibbert say he trains MMA in the offseason to keep in shape.

Not this year.. He blamed MMA on his wrist injury last year so he isn't doing it this time around.

Pacerlive
08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah this ^^

He's never been a 30+ mpg game guy or very nimble on his feet so this added weight might not be a good thing. Stamina, quickness and touch usually don't improve when bulking up. Probably should have gone more leaner muscle than the big bulky body builder look.

You guys obvious didn't watch Hibbert under Jime O'Brien. Roy slimmed down like all of you are claiming is a good thing and his touch around the basket went out the window. He couldn't defend the post very well and he couldn't back anyone down.

Roy defiantly plays better bigger and he has never had chronic knee or feet problems like Brook Lopez.

IN 2007 I believe he slimmed down to 245 lbs but here recently he has been playing around 285 lbs.

LAcowBOMBER
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
yeah right. Shaq was physically gifted as a child. He was basically a prodigy.. Nothing about Hibbert states that.

I'm talking about his size. Shaq lost many of his natural gifts when he bulked up. Shaq from his time as a rookie to the time he was a Laker are very different players. Being 7'2" and jacked is going to make it easier to back people down and throw down over anyone. I stated in my post though that I'm not comparing them as players, just that when you are bigger than everyone it is easier to muscle them around down low

D-Leethal
08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Coming out of Georgetown I never thought Roy would ever become a top flight NBA center. Dude put a ton of work into his body. Respect.

Pacerlive
08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Coming out of Georgetown I never thought Roy would ever become a top flight NBA center. Dude put a ton of work into his body. Respect.

There was a story that when he first went to Georgtown he couldn't even do a pushup.. LOL! Looks like you can now.

king4day
08-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Did he bulk up or does he just look bigger considering who he's standing next to.

D-Leethal
08-22-2013, 10:21 AM

There was a story that when he first went to Georgtown he couldn't even do a pushup.. LOL! Looks like you can now.

I just thought he was too slow footed to be a legitimate anchor and didnt have a Brook Lopez type of polished offensive game to make up for it. I was wrong.

sunsfan88
08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I love Hibbert. I love his personality even more than his game. One of the few players in this league who actually make sensible comments.

And he's actually easy to understand.

I loved the "Man it's cause you mothaf*** don't watch us play" when asked what he thought about Marc Gasol winning DPOY instead of him.

Can't believe we passed on him for Robin Looez.

Bostonjorge
08-22-2013, 10:24 AM
C's getting big and stronger is a good thing. All the hard work he is putting in the gym will pay off don't see how that can hurt u. More importantly he will be able to finish hard at the rim with teams like Miami having no answer for. He will bang harder set stiffer screens and box out easier and draw more fouls.

nycericanguy
08-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Did they really need to put the smallest dude right next to him?...lol.

Its crazy how much bigger he is than the guy next to him.

And yea Duncan looks tiny...

Pacerlive
08-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm talking about his size. Shaq lost many of his natural gifts when he bulked up. Shaq from his time as a rookie to the time he was a Laker are very different players. Being 7'2" and jacked is going to make it easier to back people down and throw down over anyone. I stated in my post though that I'm not comparing them as players, just that when you are bigger than everyone it is easier to muscle them around down low
Shaq game was completely altered by his toe injury. This is what Phil Jackson saud took away his quick twitch post moves as a Laker and Shaq opted on a less aggressive surgery to fix it and he was never the same.

justinnum1
08-22-2013, 10:36 AM

u sound scared

MrfadeawayJB
08-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Yes he got bigger but as many have said his post scoring needed the work to take Indy to the next level

TrueFan420
08-22-2013, 12:07 PM
u sound scared
I'm sooo terrified. Hahah I'm sorry could help but make a joke. Heard to many heat fans talking about oden like he's gonna take your team to another level. And solve all you inside post problems. Problem with that is he needs to be able to make it onto the court first.

Ebbs
08-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Was that Pacers vs. Spurs battle royale?

Because I think Hibbert + Ian would've dusted TD and Splitter

John Walls Era
08-22-2013, 12:24 PM
He was always that big.

TO Rapz
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
#jermaineoneal

PurpleLynch
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh my goodness,he's frickin' huge!

OceanSpray
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Yes, but Shaq even in his Orlando days was still a huge monster who put up huge numbers. Nothing about Hibbert puts him close to Shaq. Just cause you're massive doesn't mean you can dominate. Ben Wallace couldn't really dominate other than the defensive end.

jayjay33
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Big arms =/= rebounding or defense.

He was a very good defender last year without the big arms. More mass = less mobility and more weight to carry around which in terms = less stamina. This is especially true for guys of his size.

No physical ability= anything. But it helps tremendously. Especially when when banging down low. Maybe you don't really know how much size and strength matters. But it matters a lot.

And more mass does not =less mobility OR less stamina. That's just silly. It depends on how you do it.

IKnowHoops
08-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah he looks like RC Shaq. To bad he's not 1/5 the athlete Shaq was (Thank the Lord).

Tony_Starks
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Going to make his claim for best center in the game next season....

therealwd27
08-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Wake me up when the season starts.
bigger arms aren't a first class ticket to the finals lol. Smh as usual this turned into a bash Miami thread. What a shame.

krisxsong
08-22-2013, 05:57 PM
In all honest this guy is overrated.

Good one on one defender, poor help defender and at rotations due to his lack of any kind of quickness.

Has offensive skill, but has never put together an efficient offensive season. Nobody wants to mention him shooting 44-48% from the field every year.

People say he played great in the playoffs like he posted 25 and 13 numbers. He put up 18 and 10. 18 and 10 is great but people be acting like he was the best big.

Gasol
Howard
Noah
Lopez
Chandler
Cousins

Are all better

majmarcus
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Goliath anyone??? Awww, and look at Tiny Tim

5ass
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
http://extramustard.si.com/2013/08/22/airplane-lavatories-were-not-designed-with-roy-hibbert-in-mind/

This is hibbert in an airplane's bathroom.

D-Leethal
08-22-2013, 06:13 PM

Good one on one defender, poor help defender and at rotations due to his lack of any kind of quickness.

Has offensive skill, but has never put together an efficient offensive season. Nobody wants to mention him shooting 44-48% from the field every year.

People say he played great in the playoffs like he posted 25 and 13 numbers. He put up 18 and 10. 18 and 10 is great but people be acting like he was the best big.

Gasol
Howard
Noah
Lopez
Chandler
Cousins

Are all better

Poor help defender? Are you freaking kidding? MAYBE, I will give you subpar pick and roll defender (although many times he doesn't chase the big man out to the screen and sags back and it was extremely effective against the Knicks pick and roll this year).

Have you ever seen as many roadblocks at the rim than you saw during the Pacers playoff run this year? LeBron gave up challenging him there and worked on his floater because the guy formed the great wall of china at the rim at nearly every drive attempt. Never seen anyone challenge LeBron at the rim like Hibbert did this year and come out on top more often than not. You are completely tripping with that post.

Hibbert could score 5 and 5 and make a massive impact on the game. The fact that he put up 18-10 along with the STELLAR help defense we saw in the playoffs was nothing to sneeze at.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Why do you think he's been working with Tim Duncan over the summer?

D-Leethal
08-22-2013, 06:17 PM
In today's NBA watered down with post up C's, Hibbert's back to the basket game is close to elite. The number of guys who can post up better on the block you can probably count on one hand.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2013, 06:23 PM
In today's NBA watered down with post up C's, Hibbert's back to the basket game is close to elite. The number of guys who can post up better on the block you can probably count on one hand.

This. If he can add a couple more reliable moves to his arsenal he could become one of the best bigs by default...

IndyRealist
08-22-2013, 06:39 PM
This. If he can add a couple more reliable moves to his arsenal he could become one of the best bigs by default...

+2. The NBA lacks real size at the moment, and the center position is populated by PFs. Hibbert wouldn't be a top 15 center in the 90's. But his commitment to controlling the paint, coupled with an improving post game, easily make him one of the best in the league right now. Where he ranks? Beats me. But I think he's worth the money he got. Pacers might not have sniffed the playoffs if they had let Roy leave for Portland.

nycericanguy
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
As a knicks fan thats pretty scary...lol

Hopefully its true that Tyson has bulked up this summer, actually Hibbert was probably the reason why he decided to add weight...lol

Though in truth, Tyson held him down better than anyone else in the playoffs. He only did 13 & 10 on 46% shooting against NY... he destroyed everyone else.

Tony_Starks
08-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Who care how big his arms are if he doesn't work on his post game.http://healthllife.com/images/images/18.gif

He's working out with Tim Duncan, a very positive sign. He could've did what some of these other guys did and waited until he was almost 10 years in the league to work on his game....

GiantsSwaGG
08-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Steriods

GiantsSwaGG
08-23-2013, 12:33 AM

Gasol
Howard
Noah
Lopez
Chandler
Cousins

Are all better

Do you watch basketball?

cubbiefan_est88
08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
To tell you the truth I saw Roy Hibbert in person last week at ohare in Chicago...armswise he is not really that big.

OceanSpray
08-23-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm sorry but what does this thread have anything to do with Hibbert actually improving? He's working with Duncan, great. Howard is going to claim the center spot back and Hibbert will just have great games against small teams.

Tmath
08-23-2013, 01:34 AM
To tell you the truth I saw Roy Hibbert in person last week at ohare in Chicago...armswise he is not really that big.

You can tell he is flexing. Anyone can look deezed while flexing in a photo. lol

Riodagoat
08-23-2013, 01:40 AM
A 7'2" dude adds some weight and all of a sudden he's a God. I'm sure that's never been done before.

Weight doesn't mean jack **** if you don't have legitimate big man moves. Let's see him play first, then we'll judge.

FreakaNashur
08-23-2013, 02:24 AM
No offense but Roy hibbert is overrated as hell.

FreakaNashur
08-23-2013, 02:25 AM
You can tell he is flexing. Anyone can look deezed while flexing in a photo. lol

he's a lame like that.

Rockice_8
08-23-2013, 08:34 AM
You guys obvious didn't watch Hibbert under Jime O'Brien. Roy slimmed down like all of you are claiming is a good thing and his touch around the basket went out the window. He couldn't defend the post very well and he couldn't back anyone down.

Roy defiantly plays better bigger and he has never had chronic knee or feet problems like Brook Lopez.

In 2007 I believe he slimmed down to 245 lbs but here recently he has been playing around 285 lbs.

I didn't know Lopez had chronic knee and feet problems. . . That's news to me.

The guy missed one season. One. Uno.

Roy at his size shouldn't be 245, that just flat out too skinny but he also should be 280+ either. Last year he was fine so why go even bigger, makes no sense. He's just going to be even slower and he doesn't have the post game to man handle guys with the added weight. He should be targeting 265-270. Flexible/Lean muscle is the way to go in basketball not bulk.

You lose flexibility and mobility when you bulk up two things Roy was never good at and is now probably even worse.

Knick_Fever
08-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Jesus http://i.imgur.com/c8WX4RN.jpg

Holy shi**!!! lol

Knick_Fever
08-23-2013, 09:19 AM
No offense but Roy hibbert is overrated as hell.

how??

Knick_Fever
08-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Do you watch basketball?

Apparently not, lol.

GiantsSwaGG
08-23-2013, 09:38 AM
A 7'2" dude adds some weight and all of a sudden he's a God. I'm sure that's never been done before.

Weight doesn't mean jack **** if you don't have legitimate big man moves. Let's see him play first, then we'll judge.

Son arms is bigger than Tim Duncan

colinskik
08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm not prepared to crown him one of the best bigs in the game just yet. If he can work on his consistency and develop a better go-to move in the post, then we can talk. Still hovering around the 5th or 6th best big in the league IMO.

Kyben36
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
when did he get so big, he used to be a stick coming out of college, I thoght a knock on him coming in was he would not be able to take on weight with his body type. ****.

AllOut305
08-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Oh my god .. :confused::confused: We're not going to win it again.Hibberts biceps grew three inches :confused::confused: Wait? Oh that's right we have two of the games five best players on our team. One being Lebron James in the prime of his career.. Nuff said. They are more worried about us.. than we are about them.

salmonleg
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Hibbert is intelligent, a hard worker and wants to be great. That combination of qualities means that he should keep improving from year-to-year. He could be a center on a championship team.

NYKnickFanatic
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh my god .. :confused::confused: We're not going to win it again.Hibberts biceps grew three inches :confused::confused: Wait? Oh that's right we have two of the games five best players on our team. One being Lebron James in the prime of his career.. Nuff said. They are more worried about us.. than we are about them.

Are you counting Dwayne Wade as a top five player?

No beef, just asking.

mdm692
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.CP3
4.Dwight
5.Rose

ManRam
08-23-2013, 11:14 AM
On the court it looks like he towers everyone too. This picture shouldn't be too surprising. He is a HUGE man, hence why he's arguably one of the 3-5 best defensive big men in the game. We all saw how game-changing he was on defense in the playoffs.

Big Zo
08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
1.Lebron
2.KD
3.CP3
4.Dwight
5.Rose

That's funny. Not like "Bob Saget" funny, but almost.

Pacerlive
08-23-2013, 11:30 AM
I didn't know Lopez had chronic knee and feet problems. . . That's news to me.

The guy missed one season. One. Uno.

Roy at his size shouldn't be 245, that just flat out too skinny but he also should be 280+ either. Last year he was fine so why go even bigger, makes no sense. He's just going to be even slower and he doesn't have the post game to man handle guys with the added weight. He should be targeting 265-270. Flexible/Lean muscle is the way to go in basketball not bulk.

You lose flexibility and mobility when you bulk up two things Roy was never good at and is now probably even worse.

Brook Lopez has fractured the same foot twice and has had 3 surgiers on that foot in less than 3 years. Yes its gettting to be a chronic problem.

mdm692
08-23-2013, 12:17 PM
That's funny. Not like "Bob Saget" funny, but almost.

Why? Cause I included Rose? Don't act stupid and pretend he isn't elite. Sure you can take out Rose or Dwight and put in Melo or even Kobe but no way is Wade top 5. He is border line top 10. I know you Heat fans like to hate on anything that might be a slight threat to the title, just like the entire fan base swarmed in here to bash Hibbert, but come one don't act like you don't watch basketball.

colinskik
08-23-2013, 12:41 PM

It's posts like this that remind me how bad the NBA forum can be sometimes.

TrueFan420
08-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Why do you think he's been working with Tim Duncan over the summer?

Well we will have to wait and see if it paid off

TrueFan420
08-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Forget Lebron you got oden in the prime of his career. Nuff said.

Gideon
08-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Damn Hibbert is looking Shaq big!

Big Zo
08-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Why? Cause I included Rose? Don't act stupid and pretend he isn't elite. Sure you can take out Rose or Dwight and put in Melo or even Kobe but no way is Wade top 5. He is border line top 10. I know you Heat fans like to hate on anything that might be a slight threat to the title, just like the entire fan base swarmed in here to bash Hibbert, but come one don't act like you don't watch basketball.

I watch basketball, and didn't see Rose suit up for any games last year. How about we wait and see how he looks before we start elevating him to a higher rank than he was before he got hurt? Also, I never said Wade is still top 5.

Pablonovi
08-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Center is NOT my favorite position, PG is. But it just hasn't seemed right, especially since Shaq's retirement, that the quality of the Center position has been so damn low (especially back-to-the-basket guys). As someone here said, and as reflected by the NBA's (All-Star-voting) change in "position-format" to 3 bigs; these guys are mostly "glorified" PFs. Given that, regardless of the individual player, I'd LOVE to see some real improvement in the Center position. IF Hibbert is part of that; more power to him and the Pacers. IF he improves much at all, the Pacers are going to be a real threat.

Pacerlive
08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
For all the talk about Hibbert not having a go to move the guy has still made the most hook shots as a Center in the league for the last two years and he shot above 60 percent.

Bostonjorge
08-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Heat fans can see the writing on the wall.

Big Zo
08-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Heat fans can see the writing on the wall.

It says "3-peat." ;)

Knick_Fever
08-23-2013, 04:28 PM
It says "3-peat." ;)

lol... good luck.

goku
08-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Going to make his claim for best center in the game next season....

cause he bulked up ?? lol

if Howard was still on the lakers u wouldn't be making this claim ..lets see him play first

Big Zo
08-23-2013, 04:34 PM
lol... good luck.

You know it's coming, so don't act surprised when it does.

OceanSpray
08-23-2013, 06:28 PM
lol... good luck.

Didn't you say that during the playoffs? Seriously man? Good luck getting past Brooklyn..

Knick_Fever
08-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Didn't you say that during the playoffs? Seriously man? Good luck getting past Brooklyn..

Of course I did. I wouldn't have if I didnt think they needed it, and they're going to need more of it next season. Nothing wrong with needing a lil' luck. And yes you're right, we're gonna need some to get past Brooklyn.

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Hey guys/gals,
This is supposed to be a thread about a bulked-up Hibbert. Perhaps we can keep the strong pro/anti- Heat (flaming) stuff in check here (or just NOT here at all). Pretty please?

jerellh528
08-24-2013, 03:34 AM
He's lookin shaq-esque lol.

Shlumpledink
08-24-2013, 04:43 AM
That's racist

IndyRealist
08-24-2013, 11:08 AM
cause he bulked up ?? lol

if Howard was still on the lakers u wouldn't be making this claim ..lets see him play first

That's the problem with the eye test. "Hibbert LOOKS like a beast, so he is/will be a beast"

IndyRealist
08-24-2013, 11:15 AM
when did he get so big, he used to be a stick coming out of college, I thoght a knock on him coming in was he would not be able to take on weight with his body type. ****.

Hibbert was not in NBA shape when he came out of college. He was actually overweight with a body fat percentage of something like 15%. He slimmed down significantly in his 2nd year in a misguided attempt to fit into a run n' gun offense. His 3rd year he bulked back up and started the year successfully, but lost significant weight through the season making it easier to push him off the block. His 4th year he had done a lot of MMA, hit the gym hard, worked out with Timmy and bulked up with muscle. Last year he did the same, but injured his wrist doing the MMA which is why his shooting percentages were so low through the first half of the season.

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Hibbert was not in NBA shape when he came out of college. He was actually overweight with a body fat percentage of something like 15%. He slimmed down significantly in his 2nd year in a misguided attempt to fit into a run n' gun offense. His 3rd year he bulked back up and started the year successfully, but lost significant weight through the season making it easier to push him off the block. His 4th year he had done a lot of MMA, hit the gym hard, worked out with Timmy and bulked up with muscle. Last year he did the same, but injured his wrist doing the MMA which is why his shooting percentages were so low through the first half of the season.

Hey IndyRealist,
Thanx; this was exactly the info this thread needed.
Pablo

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I just showed a lady friend of mine Hibbert's photo; her immediate response:

"Wow, that guy made my clit jump!"

Wow, indeed.

Pacerlive
08-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey IndyRealist,
Thanx; this was exactly the info this thread needed.
Pablo

It should also be noted that he didn't manage his asthma very well earlier on but now he seems to of gotten on top of hit sense he played 40 minutes per game in the Heat series.

AllOut305
08-24-2013, 02:03 PM
1.Lebron
2.KD
3.CP3
4.Dwight
5.Rose

Yes Dwayne wade is a 5 player in the NBA right now. He has 3 rings and god knows how many accolades. I can see where your getting your opinion from with your top 5. I have to agree with you.. but only throughout the regular season. You can't name me four betters players during the playoffs than dwayne wade. D-Wade > Dwight, Rose, CP3, KD in the playoffs. He takes over games on both sides of the court. He averaged 20 ppg in the finals. I'll take that all day. Experience goes a long way... Paul George needs more experience in these bright lights before he takes LBJ along D-Wade .. Chris Bosh.. RayRay and Oden... #3peat. Noone is touching the heat this year. Haters are going to have to wait atleast one more year... atleast. SORRY WE GOT EM ALL! Houston's Free Agency the past two years is a poor man's version of what Riley pulled off in 2010. LBJ soon to be the greatest of all time. All of this with one knee. He will come back stronger and healthier next with working with Grover again... who brought him back from his injuries in 2008.. when he led the league in scoring in 09..

Edit : And are you seriously telling me Melo is a better player than Dwayne wade?

Defensively
Defensively Wade is better.. one of the best wing defenders in the league. Best shotblocking SG as well and he also gets his amount of steals. Not just a star on offense.
Melo is not known as a great defender. He can play some nice D from time to time, but overall his defense efforts are just average, especially compared to his great offensive game.
Edge: Wade

Offense
Melo has more range, a killer jumpshot and a nice set of moves. His 3pt shot is better than Wade's as well. Both players can get to the rim, but Wade has a slight edge in that department. Both are great scorers.. Wade has slightly better percentages, but that doesnt mean too much. Both guys can hit clutch shots as well.
Both guys are wing players.. but Melo is a forward and Wade a Guard. Wade has the edge on offense in my opinion, because is better at setting up his teammates. Wade on the drive is dangerous because he is good at finding the open man. Melo is great on offense, but he can't run a team like Wade can. Not really a fair comparison really..
Slight edge: Wade

Even if you give the edge to melo.. Dwayne wade is still the better player for our roster. However, if you think melo is a great player.. Don't forget who won a championship with a Finals MVP. Melo will never see a ring unless he chases it as a second option. Don't even try that nonsense. Thats ridiculous

Lebron James and D-Wade are going ruin Melo's/KD/ROSE career the same way MJ and Pippen did to Barkley/Malone/etc and everyone else in the 90's. Wait and see... Only LBJ isn't going to retire for two years in the prime of his career.

AllOut305
08-24-2013, 02:09 PM
It's posts like this that remind me how bad the NBA forum can be sometimes.

Go fly a kite.. and i'm assuming you can read in between those lines. How can you expect Miami fans to not be arrogant and troll. All people do is wish the worst for us. Keep hating compadre. The heat are going to dominate the league for another three to four years. Until then .. we ain't worried ab nuttin

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 02:36 PM
It should also be noted that he didn't manage his asthma very well earlier on but now he seems to of gotten on top of hit sense he played 40 minutes per game in the Heat series.

Hey Pacerlive,
Don't you just love it when someone works hard and significantly improves themselves?

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Go fly a kite.. and i'm assuming you can read in between those lines. How can you expect Miami fans to not be arrogant and troll. All people do is wish the worst for us. Keep hating compadre. The heat are going to dominate the league for another three to four years. Until then .. we ain't worried ab nuttin

Hey AllOut305,
Yes, a kind of "natural" first reaction to anti-Heat trolling could be arrogance and trolling-back at them.
It's kind of like, "When you were on top; you didn't hesitate to brag, etc.; but NOW, when you're not, here you go preaching "humility".

But, don't you thing there's a nobler reaction available/possible?
Here's an analogy; don't know if it works for you (and others):

I'm a guy and I've got a wonderful girl. At any moment, I could beat the living crap out of her. I could intimidate the hell out of her without using my fists, etc. I could easily make her feel like it'd be better to be dead than be a woman and/or my companion. And, does anybody think she could make me stop that ugly nonsense thru using her own fists or threatening to?

So if I've got all those "advantages"; one might ask:
What right does any person (group or country for that matter) when it has obvious huge advantages over others; what right does that person have to use those advantages to punish the other(s)? I say, basically ZERO RIGHT! With that level of advantage; one could easily INSIST ON DIALOGUE; and patiently try to work things out co-operatively.

So, apply that thinking to anti-Heat (and/or anti-LeBron) people (flame-war-ers, idiots ... whatever they might be OR you might think of them as):

Wouldn't it be far better to be "above" the morally low style involved in flaming over such an unimportant thing as sports? Might you try to even compliment (as repulsive as that might first appear to be) rather than criticize/trash? Might, at least, ignoring them, be more conducive to general joy and general getting-along amongst us NBA fans, "brothers and sisters" that we are supposed to, and should be?

As they say nowadays, "Just sayin' ..."
Yours sincerely,
Pablo

SportsFanatic10
08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
impressive, its great for the pacers that he's been working out with duncan too. it'd be huge for indy if he developed more on offense and took the next step in his game since they lack scoring at times. if that's the case and with granger returning this team will be quite a force.

Pablonovi
08-24-2013, 03:49 PM
impressive, its great for the pacers that he's been working out with duncan too. it'd be huge for indy if he developed more on offense and took the next step in his game since they lack scoring at times. if that's the case and with granger returning this team will be quite a force.

Hey SportsFanatic,
Beautifully said. And coming from an obvious LeBron/Heat fan *; very impressive.

Would that all fans could be as pro: good plays, good players, good teams, and good competition and good sportsmanship as you are. Bring the NBA-quality on!

* I know you were subtle about your homerism; but you can't slip anything by me; I'm too sharp (hehe).

SportsFanatic10
08-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey SportsFanatic,
Beautifully said. And coming from an obvious LeBron/Heat fan *; very impressive.

Would that all fans could be as pro: good plays, good players, good teams, and good competition and good sportsmanship as you are. Bring the NBA-quality on!

* I know you were subtle about your homerism; but you can't slip anything by me; I'm too sharp (hehe).

haha thanks.

Pacerlive
08-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey Pacerlive,
Don't you just love it when someone works hard and significantly improves themselves?

Hey he has earned it and I wouldn't want another center in the league. As much as other guys get praised he is always willing to work on his game and it shows.

Mile High Champ
08-24-2013, 11:29 PM

I would argue that his post game is actually quite impressive for his size and age. It is a matter of simply becoming a more consistent threat.

Tmath
08-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey he has earned it and I wouldn't want another center in the league. As much as other guys get praised he is always willing to work on his game and it shows.

Thats another reason why I'm high on Valanciunas. He arguably out played Hibbert in his two games matched up against him, as a 20 year old rookie.

RipCity32
08-25-2013, 12:58 AM
I remember everyone talking **** when Hibbert signed his contract and now look.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Hmmm... 9 pages about Hibbert getting bigger...

The hate is strong in this forum

Pacerlive
08-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Thats another reason why I'm high on Valanciunas. He arguably out played Hibbert in his two games matched up against him, as a 20 year old rookie.

2 games? I thought the last game they played Roy hit him up for 18 on 70% shooting. I think Val will be good but I won't base anything off of 3 or 2 games.

OceanSpray
08-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Of course I did. I wouldn't have if I didnt think they needed it, and they're going to need more of it next season. Nothing wrong with needing a lil' luck. And yes you're right, we're gonna need some to get past Brooklyn.

You just like making random arguments up. Miami are the favorites unlike NYK. It's you guys who need luck getting past BKLYN and the second round.. But that's if you make it out the first, right Melo?

Rockice_8
08-26-2013, 12:36 PM

The majority of the bigmen have outplayed Hibbert if you look at their head to heads.