PDA

View Full Version : Under-25 Talent Rankings, Position No. 10

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
I've always been more excited about up-and-coming teams rather than established contenders. An ESPN poll on the subject piqued my interest. So:
Rank each of the NBA's 30 teams based on the overall talent of their players who will start this season younger than 25 years old.
The NBA season begins Oct. 29. A player must still be 24 years old on that date to be considered as part of an overall judgement of a team's under-25 talent base.
Some of you need to check the birthdays of your favorite 24-year-old players, too. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, Danilo Gallinari and others all turn 25 before Oct. 29.
There's a poll on ESPN that shows which players on a team are under 25 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9550791/nba-teams-25-talent) check the birth dates of the 24-year-olds before making them part of your decision.

1. Thunder
2. Pelicans
3. Rockets
4. Cavaliers
5. Pistons
6. Wizards
7. Trailblazers
8. Jazz
9. Kings

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Kemba Walker became a borderline star last season and still has room to grow. Bismack Biyombo could well be the second coming of Serge Ibaka, looking at his rebounds and blocks. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did alright for a rookie and still looks as if he could be a great defender. The best part is they all play defense.
And Cody Zeller was probably the big man with the most potential in this draft, although I don't think he and Biyombo fit well together. I'd obviously keep Biyombo and trade Zeller, but let him improve his trade value first.
It's almost making me think that Michael Jordan has something useful. Hopefully he stays out of Rich Cho's way.

Jumba
08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
T-Wolves here Rubio and Love (25 Sept 7th) is quite a juicy combo.

RipCity32
08-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Gotta go with the Raptors now.

dalton749
08-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Gotta go with the Raptors now.

Yup. Gotta go valanciunas... I mean raptors

Goose17
08-22-2013, 03:44 AM
This is clearly the Warriors. We should have been 9th.

dalton749
08-22-2013, 04:07 AM
This is clearly the Warriors. We should have been 9th.

Demar and klay have been a wash in terms of production
Valanciunas > Barnes
Ross> blaze more

Goose17
08-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Demar and klay have been a wash in terms of production
Valanciunas > Barnes
Ross> blaze more

Lol @ Valanciunas > Barnes.

It's not about individuals you're doing it wrong, it's about the collective group.

Barnes, Klay, Ezeli, Green, Nedovic, Bazemore > every other remaining under 25 squad.

Spanklin
08-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I'd rate Kyrie's talent alone over "Barnes, Klay, Ezeli, Green, Nedovic, Bazemore".

My fellow Warriors fans embarrass me most the time.

krisxsong
08-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Kemba Walker became a borderline star last season and still has room to grow. Bismack Biyombo could well be the second coming of Serge Ibaka, looking at his rebounds and blocks. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did alright for a rookie and still looks as if he could be a great defender. The best part is they all play defense.
And Cody Zeller was probably the big man with the most potential in this draft, although I don't think he and Biyombo fit well together. I'd obviously keep Biyombo and trade Zeller, but let him improve his trade value first.
It's almost making me think that Michael Jordan has something useful. Hopefully he stays out of Rich Cho's way.

What?

So putting up 17.7 and 5.7 shooting 42% from the field means you're a borderline star?

Bismack Biyombo could be the second coming of a good role player. Nothing something you want to preach and Biyombo has a LONG ways to go before he's the next coming of Ibaka, both offensively and defensively.

MKG was solid.

Cody Zeller has the most potential of all bigs in this draft? Maybe you've never heard of Nerlens Noel?

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2013, 08:46 PM
What?

So putting up 17.7 and 5.7 shooting 42% from the field means you're a borderline star?

Bismack Biyombo could be the second coming of a good role player. Nothing something you want to preach and Biyombo has a LONG ways to go before he's the next coming of Ibaka, both offensively and defensively.

MKG was solid.

Cody Zeller has the most potential of all bigs in this draft? Maybe you've never heard of Nerlens Noel?

Yes; putting up nearly 17.7 points per game, 5.7 assists and grabbing two steals per game and making the Bobcats look halfway entertaining makes you a borderline star. I didn't say he was a star; I said borderline.
With Biyombo, I'm basically relaying that he has the same skill set as Ibaka.
And yes; Gilchrist was solid – as a rookie.
Let's wait until the season starts to take Noel over Zeller. Noel is an ultra-raw piece of athleticism who just underwent knee surgery.

dalton749
08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Lol @ Valanciunas > Barnes.

It's not about individuals you're doing it wrong, it's about the collective group.

Barnes, Klay, Ezeli, Green, Nedovic, Bazemore > every other remaining under 25 squad.

I broke it down as individuals to prove a point.
If you think Valanciunas being better than Barnes is laughable, you're on drugs

Goose17
08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
I'd rate Kyrie's talent alone over "Barnes, Klay, Ezeli, Green, Nedovic, Bazemore".

My fellow Warriors fans embarrass me most the time.

It's about the best GROUP of youngsters not the best individual. Otherwise Cleveland would be higher.