PDA

View Full Version : Why Are These NBA Players Such ****** People?

HockeyFan7584
08-20-2013, 11:51 PM
This thing with Ty Lawson man, what a hood. Unfortunately this is a weekly occurrence with the characters the NBA employs. You never seem to this type of thing from NHLers.

el hidalgo
08-20-2013, 11:54 PM
you know the old saying about taking somebody out of the hood...

ChiTownPacerFan
08-21-2013, 12:09 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1554305280/hE26C73CB/

Raps08-09 Champ
08-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Will this get locked first or will we see a racist comment first?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Lol at Wilson Chandler though.

https://twitter.com/wilsonchandler/statuses/369642259458707456
https://twitter.com/wilsonchandler/statuses/369642415239331840
https://twitter.com/wilsonchandler/statuses/369643269052825601

Teeboy1487
08-21-2013, 12:12 AM
This thing with Ty Lawson man, what a hood. Unfortunately this is a weekly occurrence with the characters the NBA employs. You never seem to this type of thing from NHLers.

Really man, hockey players who fight on the damn ice in nearly every game like a bunch of uncivilized dicks? Such a morally correct league :rolleyes:.

Kashmir13579
08-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Will this get locked first or will we see a racist comment first?
It already happened.

NoahH
08-21-2013, 12:32 AM

Patrick Kane?

bearadonisdna
08-21-2013, 12:38 AM
#NHLRULES

Congrats blackhawks.

Heatcheck
08-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Joe Corvo grab a womans booty in a resaurant and was kicked out. he came back, and punched the lady in the face, and kicked her in the ribs.
Mark Hardy, who played 915 games in the NHL for Los Angeles, Minnesota and the New York Rangers, was arrested on May 21, 2010, in Washington, D.C., for inappropriately touching his 21-year-old daughter
Matthew Barnaby was arrested early in December for driving a Porsche with three tires while intoxicated.
Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets defenseman, was arrested on August 31 for operating a motorboat while intoxicated on Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Brett Sutter, Carolina Hurricanes forward (currently playing in minors), was arrested on November 11, 2010, after drunkenly punching a cab driver outside a Scottsdale, Arizona, bar. The attack was unprovoked, and the cabbie sustained a cut on the inside of his mouth and was spitting blood.
Kevin Stevens, who was named to three All-Star teams during his career, was arrested on January 23, 2000, after being discovered with a prostitute and crack cocaine
Patrick Kane and his friend were mad a cabi didnt have .20 cents in change for a fare, so they puched him, choked him, took his money and fled.
Bob Probert was arrested for crossing the Canada/U.S. border with 14.3 grams of cocaine concealed in his underwear,

KnicksorBust
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
It doesn't matter if you are an NBA player, an NHL Player, any type of athlete... or a LAWYER, DOCTOR, TEACHER, ENGINEER...There are going to do be good and bad role models. This Ty Lawson domestic issue is hardly an example of the decay of modern society.

Blink
08-21-2013, 10:03 AM
NBA n NFL are the thugs.

Heatcheck
08-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Mike Danton sentenced to 71/2 years for conspiracy to commit murder (hitman charge)
Steve Durbano sentenced 7 years for drug smuggling
Tom Mcarthy served 5 years for drug trafficking
Dan Heatly and Craig MacTavish 3 years prob for vehicular homocide and 1 year jail vehicular
homocide
Corey Trivino sentenced 2 years probation for sexual assault
Lasse Uusivirta (college) arrested for rape in may

Heatcheck
08-21-2013, 10:19 AM
In 1989, Brian Sakic and Wade Smith were charged with sexual assault. The case was stayed, and the girl was charged with mischief. She was acquitted, but the judge found that an assault did occur. Despite this, the two were never brought to trial. During the girl’s trial, during her trial, the investigating RCMP officer testified, “I didn’t believe her . . . I felt it would be impossible for a male person to hold a woman down, take off her clothes, and put on a condom.” The details of the case are disturbing and described here.
In 1990, three Caps players (Dino Ciccarelli, Neil Sheehy and Geoff Courtnall) were accused of raping a 17 yr old girl in a limo. A grand jury refused to indict, saying the evidence was insufficient. All three players were traded a short time later.
In 1990, prep school player Joshua Singlewald was charged with first-degree sexual assault while visiting Brown University on a recruiting trip.
In 1993, two Anchorage High School players were charged with assaulting a girl who had passed out drunk.
In 1994, five Umass-Dartmouth players were charged with sexual assault.
In 1995, former St. Sault Marie Greyhounds player Jarret Reid pled guilty to several charges, among them sexual assault. He was sentenced to 9 months in jail and two years’ probation.
In 1995, Ed Jovanovski and two OHL teammates were charged with sexual assault. The charges were dropped for lack of evidence and there were indications the woman may have lied. “Coming up to the next level, I’m going to have to beware and use good judgment,” Jovanovski said.
In 1996, two Dallas Stars players (Todd Harvey and Grant Marshall) were charged with sexual assault.
In 1996, former Michigan State player Brian Wiseman went on trial for assaulting a girl in 1991.
In 1996, Pens player Peter Nedved was accused of sexual assault. Charges were dropped after it was discovered the women was simply seeking money.
In 1999, St. Francis Xavier University player Andrew Power was convicted of sexual assault. He appealed the case on the grounds that the victim’s prior sexual history should have been admitted as evidence, but the judge ruled the conviction stands.
In 2000, barrie Colts players Nicholas Robinson, Michael D’Alessandro, and Aaron Power were charged with sexual assault. Charges were subsequently dropped.
In 2000, Ottawa 67s player Lance Galbraith was charged with sexual assault after a six month investigation. “He’s innocent until proven guilty, and hopefully this will only be a minor distraction,” said team president Jeff Hunt. The year before, two players had been arrested for physical assault of a taxi driver.
In 2001, a University of Minnesota-Duluth player pleaded guilty to fourth- degree criminal sexual conduct
In 2002, former NHL player Garth Butcher was charged with sexual assault and administering a noxious substance.
In 2006, University of Minnesota-Duluth player Blair Lefebvre pleaded guilty to sexual assault. He got 2 years’ probation.
In 2006, Victoria Salmon Kings players were accused of rape. Charges were delayed, because the witnesses are all members of the hockey team and created an obstacle to accurately and fully investigating the case.
In 2007, University of Maine player Tanner House was charged with unlawful sexual touching. The charges were dropped in exchange for House performing 30 hours of community service. “If he performs a set amount of community service work we will dismiss the charge basically based upon the wishes of the victim and our understanding that a conviction could cause substantial immigration problems for him,” said Assistant District Attorney Michael Roberts.
In 2009, an Albany River Rats player was charged with committing a first-degree criminal sex act.
In 2009, Sound Tigers player Robert Hughes was indicted on two counts of sexual assault. According to his attorney, Hughes had not given the incident a “second thought until the marshals showed up at his locker to arrest him.”
In 2011, two Mercyhurst College players were charged with sexual assault and were acquitted.

NOheisman
08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
no the real criminals here are the golfers....always shhhhhh'ing everybody. Who do they think they are:tee-off:

DreamShaker
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
It doesn't matter if you are an NBA player, an NHL Player, any type of athlete... or a LAWYER, DOCTOR, TEACHER, ENGINEER...There are going to do be good and bad role models. This Ty Lawson domestic issue is hardly an example of the decay of modern society.

Yup. There is good and bad everywhere. Not exclusive to pro sports. You could argue that these guys are entitled young millionairs, but I know a ton of overly entitled people in their 20's who are dead broke. It's really what is in your heart and your head and your guts that define you, not your circumstances.

ackar
08-21-2013, 11:10 AM
This thread won't end well. Like it was said throughout society all types of people commit crimes , are rude have bad behavior etc. Would the OP care if it was TY off the block that did this? Or if it was Biff at the social club? Probably not but when you are in the spot light it suddenly matters. But domestic violence is rampant in society whether it is false accusation or legit.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2013, 01:59 PM

bingo

4milesperday
08-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Too much free time and money + low self control = disaster. NBA players are just as likely to get arrested as NHL players. But as a society, we focus more on black athletes and put them in the news!

PhillyFaninLA
08-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Grow a pair and post from your real account....you are not a man, a man does not create alt accounts to make post something. Man up

Nycbball08
08-21-2013, 03:44 PM
you know the old saying about taking somebody out of the hood...
You should know, you sound like that's where you're from.
And you should also know that some of the most dangerous thugs in the world are not from the hood.

asandhu23
08-21-2013, 03:49 PM
bingo

I am surprised you did not say liberal pussification of America.

bholly
08-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Is the full story even out yet? I'm really asking, I don't follow this sort of stuff. Seems to me like it's probably pretty early to judge what happened.

Matt Moore (the main Hardwood Paroxysm guy, whose opinion I'd trust on something like this) tweeted that if you were to list every NBA player in decreasing order of likelihood they'd be involved in a domestic violence type incident, Lawson would be bottom 5 in the league. Hyperbole, sure, but it's worth waiting until we hear the full story before jumping to conclusions, especially for someone with that kind of character reputation.

SportsFanatic10
08-21-2013, 09:11 PM
lol this thread ridiculous.

D-Leethal
08-21-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiENFq_-YEk&feature=youtu.be

Lawson to the haters

IndyRealist
08-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Why hasn't this been locked? NHL players get arrested all the time, just like every other demographic. The only difference is that you hear about NBA players, because no one cares about the NHL. *ducks*

sunsfan88
08-22-2013, 08:21 AM
George Karl was able to control him with help from Ujiri. But now that their gone looks like Demver done f***ked up.

MygirlhatesCod
08-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Joe Corvo grab a womans booty in a resaurant and was kicked out. he came back, and punched the lady in the face, and kicked her in the ribs.
Mark Hardy, who played 915 games in the NHL for Los Angeles, Minnesota and the New York Rangers, was arrested on May 21, 2010, in Washington, D.C., for inappropriately touching his 21-year-old daughterMatthew Barnaby was arrested early in December for driving a Porsche with three tires while intoxicated.
Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg Jets defenseman, was arrested on August 31 for operating a motorboat while intoxicated on Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Brett Sutter, Carolina Hurricanes forward (currently playing in minors), was arrested on November 11, 2010, after drunkenly punching a cab driver outside a Scottsdale, Arizona, bar. The attack was unprovoked, and the cabbie sustained a cut on the inside of his mouth and was spitting blood.
Kevin Stevens, who was named to three All-Star teams during his career, was arrested on January 23, 2000, after being discovered with a prostitute and crack cocaine
Patrick Kane and his friend were mad a cabi didnt have .20 cents in change for a fare, so they puched him, choked him, took his money and fled.
Bob Probert was arrested for crossing the Canada/U.S. border with 14.3 grams of cocaine concealed in his underwear,

Minus the daughter thing which is horrible and disgusting it sounds like a tuesday night with drunk Marines

JoeBlessU
08-22-2013, 09:08 AM
In 1989, Brian Sakic and Wade Smith were charged with sexual assault. The case was stayed, and the girl was charged with mischief. She was acquitted, but the judge found that an assault did occur. Despite this, the two were never brought to trial. During the girl’s trial, during her trial, the investigating RCMP officer testified, “I didn’t believe her . . . I felt it would be impossible for a male person to hold a woman down, take off her clothes, and put on a condom.” The details of the case are disturbing and described here.
In 1990, three Caps players (Dino Ciccarelli, Neil Sheehy and Geoff Courtnall) were accused of raping a 17 yr old girl in a limo. A grand jury refused to indict, saying the evidence was insufficient. All three players were traded a short time later.
In 1990, prep school player Joshua Singlewald was charged with first-degree sexual assault while visiting Brown University on a recruiting trip.
In 1993, two Anchorage High School players were charged with assaulting a girl who had passed out drunk.
In 1994, five Umass-Dartmouth players were charged with sexual assault.
In 1995, former St. Sault Marie Greyhounds player Jarret Reid pled guilty to several charges, among them sexual assault. He was sentenced to 9 months in jail and two years’ probation.
In 1995, Ed Jovanovski and two OHL teammates were charged with sexual assault. The charges were dropped for lack of evidence and there were indications the woman may have lied. “Coming up to the next level, I’m going to have to beware and use good judgment,” Jovanovski said.
In 1996, two Dallas Stars players (Todd Harvey and Grant Marshall) were charged with sexual assault.
In 1996, former Michigan State player Brian Wiseman went on trial for assaulting a girl in 1991.
In 1996, Pens player Peter Nedved was accused of sexual assault. Charges were dropped after it was discovered the women was simply seeking money.
In 1999, St. Francis Xavier University player Andrew Power was convicted of sexual assault. He appealed the case on the grounds that the victim’s prior sexual history should have been admitted as evidence, but the judge ruled the conviction stands.
In 2000, barrie Colts players Nicholas Robinson, Michael D’Alessandro, and Aaron Power were charged with sexual assault. Charges were subsequently dropped.
In 2000, Ottawa 67s player Lance Galbraith was charged with sexual assault after a six month investigation. “He’s innocent until proven guilty, and hopefully this will only be a minor distraction,” said team president Jeff Hunt. The year before, two players had been arrested for physical assault of a taxi driver.
In 2001, a University of Minnesota-Duluth player pleaded guilty to fourth- degree criminal sexual conduct
In 2002, former NHL player Garth Butcher was charged with sexual assault and administering a noxious substance.
In 2006, University of Minnesota-Duluth player Blair Lefebvre pleaded guilty to sexual assault. He got 2 years’ probation.
In 2006, Victoria Salmon Kings players were accused of rape. Charges were delayed, because the witnesses are all members of the hockey team and created an obstacle to accurately and fully investigating the case.
In 2007, University of Maine player Tanner House was charged with unlawful sexual touching. The charges were dropped in exchange for House performing 30 hours of community service. “If he performs a set amount of community service work we will dismiss the charge basically based upon the wishes of the victim and our understanding that a conviction could cause substantial immigration problems for him,” said Assistant District Attorney Michael Roberts.
In 2009, an Albany River Rats player was charged with committing a first-degree criminal sex act.
In 2009, Sound Tigers player Robert Hughes was indicted on two counts of sexual assault. According to his attorney, Hughes had not given the incident a “second thought until the marshals showed up at his locker to arrest him.”
In 2011, two Mercyhurst College players were charged with sexual assault and were acquitted.

Hmmm...I think he said NHL'ers. More than half of those arent professional players. Im not sure why you included high school and college/semi pro incidents, can you imagine how long the list would be if I did the same thing for High school and College basketball players?... Overall, basketball and football players have more off the field/court issues, thats not to say hockey players dont have their own legal problems, like someone said, Pat Kane is a great example (guys a dbag)...

I Rock Shaqs
08-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Really man, hockey players who fight on the damn ice in nearly every game like a bunch of uncivilized dicks? Such a morally correct league :rolleyes:.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was just a black thing with him.

JoeBlessU
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Really man, hockey players who fight on the damn ice in nearly every game like a bunch of uncivilized dicks? Such a morally correct league .

That's exactly what I was thinking, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was just a black thing with him.

Fighting is a part of the game, just like flopping all over the court in basketball to get a chance at a couple lame *** free throws.

Kobe2324
08-22-2013, 10:10 AM
The reason you don't see that in hockey is because hockey is an expensive sport to play, trust me i know this as I have played both hockey and basketball for a big part of my life, generally those who play hockey come from a better quality of life, not in all cases but for the most part. I'm sure most nba players came from a harder life style and just because someone becomes rich overnight, it does not mean that their mindset changes. I'm sure a lot of these guys come from violent parts of the country, surrounded by drugs and just overall bad stuff, if your exposed to that life for so long it's hard to just be a dif person. Again I know this does not apply to all cases and their is always exceptions< I am just talking in general of course.

3RDASYSTEM
08-22-2013, 10:36 AM
NBA n NFL are the thugs.

So I guess the commish of those sports are SUPERTHUGS

and the country that lets it operate are called what? WARLORD SUPERTHUGS? or do count the players as having more money and power than the commish and country?

KingsOfQueens
08-22-2013, 10:53 AM
The OP just made this account so he can stir up a controversial thread...he only has one post.

IBleedPurple
08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Too much free time and money + low self control = disaster. NBA players are just as likely to get arrested as NHL players. But as a society, we focus more on black athletes and put them in the news!

Sure about that?

JoeBlessU
08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Sure about that?

LOL Right.. Thats why they had to dig up college/high school/ semi pro examples when attempting to show how "often" hockey players get arrested, must not be much to report on actual NHL player arrests.. Good try guys..

Heatcheck
08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Hmmm...I think he said NHL'ers. More than half of those arent professional players. Im not sure why you included high school and college/semi pro incidents, can you imagine how long the list would be if I did the same thing for High school and College basketball players?... Overall, basketball and football players have more off the field/court issues, thats not to say hockey players dont have their own legal problems, like someone said, Pat Kane is a great example (guys a dbag)...

the first two posts were all pros....these guys i found in some article about sexual abuse in Hockey.

cahawk
08-23-2013, 01:16 AM
One reason may be fans love them no matter how they behave.
Biggest jerk in NBA is kobe is the perfect example.

FreakaNashur
08-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Hmm i wonder what that censored word says..riley cooper anyone?