PDA

View Full Version : Under-25 Talent Rankings, Position No. 9

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2013, 08:18 PM
I've always been more excited about up-and-coming teams rather than established contenders. An ESPN poll on the subject piqued my interest. So:
Rank each of the NBA's 30 teams based on the overall talent of their players who will start this season younger than 25 years old.
The NBA season begins Oct. 29. A player must still be 24 years old on that date to be considered as part of an overall judgement of a team's under-25 talent base.
Some of you need to check the birthdays of your favorite 24-year-old players, too. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, Danilo Gallinari and others all turn 25 before Oct. 29.
There's a poll on ESPN that shows which players on a team are under 25 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9550791/nba-teams-25-talent) check the birth dates of the 24-year-olds before making them part of your decision.

1. Thunder
2. Pelicans
3. Rockets
4. Cavaliers
5. Pistons
6. Wizards
7. Trailblazers
8. Jazz

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm going with the Kings again. It's tempting to go with the Warriors, but DeMarcus Cousins is too talented. Isaiah Thomas could still become a decent point guard – maybe Kevin Johnson should start training him – and Ben McLemore, who was a more efficient scorer in every way than Harrison Barnes in college, will most likely have free rein to shoot to his heart's content in Sacramento. And Pat Patterson is quite the solid role player.

RipCity32
08-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Kings

curtcocaine
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Warriors and kings hornets look nice also.

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Warriors and kings hornets look nice also.

I forget about the Bobcats at times. Kemba Walker has been pretty good so far and has room to grow. Bismack Biyombo could well be the second coming of Serge Ibaka, looking at his rebounds and blocks. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did alright for a rookie and still looks as if he could be a great defender. And Cody Zeller was probably the big man with the most potential in this draft.
You've almost got me thinking I should have voted for the Bobcats, or Hornets as they'll eventually be known.

dalton749
08-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Raptors over bobcats.
Jonas beats Kemba, derozan beats mkg IMO, then ross

Goose17
08-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Warriors.

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Raptors over bobcats.
Jonas beats Kemba, derozan beats mkg IMO, then ross

You forgot about Bismack and Cody; they're both impact guys.