PDA

View Full Version : Under-25 Talent Rankings, Position No. 8

mrblisterdundee
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I've always been more excited about up-and-coming teams rather than established contenders. An ESPN poll on the subject piqued my interest. So:
Rank each of the NBA's 30 teams based on the overall talent of their players who will start this season younger than 25 years old.
The NBA season begins Oct. 29. A player must still be 24 years old on that date to be considered as part of an overall judgement of a team's under-25 talent base.
Some of you need to check the birthdays of your favorite 24-year-old players, too. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, Danilo Gallinari and others all turn 25 before Oct. 29.
There's a poll on ESPN that shows which players on a team are under 25 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9550791/nba-teams-25-talent) check the birth dates of the 24-year-olds before making them part of your decision.

1. Thunder
2. Pelicans
3. Rockets
4. Cavaliers
5. Pistons
6. Wizards
7. Trailblazers

mrblisterdundee
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
I went with the Kings. DeMarcus Cousins is going to be one of the best centers in the league. Sacramento drafted possibly the best shooting guard available on the board this last year. Isaiah Thomas, while not his father and not all that great, has shown flashes. Patrick Patterson shows some promise too, and Jimmer Fredette's, well ...

RipCity32
08-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Jazz

Oefarmy2005
08-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Jazz

Agree, they have too much young potential not to be next.

Goose17
08-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Utah. Dubs next.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Agree, they have too much young potential not to be next.

I won't necessarily agree that they have the most young potential just because they have the most young players, but I think Trey Burke is the favorite for Rookie of the Year. Derrick Favors is probably a good bet for Most Improved Player. Enes Kanter could be decent. I think the reason I didn't vote for them was because they're all so unproven. The only half-known quantity is Gordon Hayward.
Meanwhile, DeMarcus Cousins is obviously better than any of those players, if he can keep his head straight.

Goose17
08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I won't necessarily agree that they have the most young potential just because they have the most young players, but I think Trey Burke is the favorite for Rookie of the Year. Derrick Favors is probably a good bet for Most Improved Player. Enes Kanter could be decent. I think the reason I didn't vote for them was because they're all so unproven. The only half-known quantity is Gordon Hayward.
Meanwhile, DeMarcus Cousins is obviously better than any of those players, if he can keep his head straight.

Sure Cousins is better than any individual on the Utah roster but as a collective group Utah have the better youngsters.