PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Prosportsdaily Decline?

D_Rose1118
08-18-2013, 04:44 PM
have you guys started to notice a decrease in the traffic in this site, mainly in the nba forum and I dont know about your favorite team but the bulls forum seems like it has slowed down considerably.

Have you guys also noticed this?

jrm2054
08-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I've sort if seen this. I notice not many new posters who actually post and people who were regular posters not posting as much

Minimal
08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Well the NBA season ended...What do you expect?

smiddy012
08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Well there ain't **** for Bulls fans to talk about besides getting healthy, and footballs starting up.

D_Rose1118
08-18-2013, 04:49 PM
i have noticed this in the nfl and mlb forums too
not just nba

MrfadeawayJB
08-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Offseason I guess. Threes only like 3 people in the grizz forum so it's always slow. Y'all can visit anytime lol

More-Than-Most
08-18-2013, 04:59 PM
This will happen when 90 percent of that area is trolls..... Now with the no tolerance rule you will see the trolls scatter with bans. Hopefully the good posters that were forced away by trolls will come back when the trolls vanish.

SportsFanatic10
i think people are just getting tired of reading the some old rubbish from certain kobe fans who spam every thread with their agenda. i won't name names though i think we all know who i'm talking about.

effen5
Too many trolls.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2013, 05:00 PM
offseason + people getting tired of heat dominance.

smiddy012
08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
i think people are just getting tired of reading the some old rubbish from certain kobe fans who spam every thread with their agenda. i won't name names though i think we all know who i'm talking about.

Trolls are universal, they have no particular allegiance, they are unique to no institution.

That said, the Chicago, NY, Brooklyn, LA, & Miami fans definitely have the most fans on PSD (and therefore the most idiots).

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:03 PM

Always bringing in Kobe?

More-Than-Most
08-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Always bringing in Kobe?

To be fair the one poster he is talking about is a huge issue. Most Laker fans I have come across are ok but my god that one person gives the rest a terrible terrible name

Chacarron
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Half the Lakers forum is (perma)banned.

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Trolls are universal, they have no particular allegiance, they are unique to no institution.

That said, the Chicago, NY, Brooklyn, LA, & Miami fans definitely have the most fans on PSD (and therefore the most idiots).

Always bringing in Kobe?

i gave an honest answer to the op's question. yes there are a number of trolls from all the large fan bases. but there are 2 laker's ones in particular that are as bad as it can possibly get. used to be 3 but at least 1 of them is perma banned now thank god.

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:25 PM
To be fair the one poster he is talking about is a huge issue. Most Laker fans I have come across are ok but my god that one person gives the rest a terrible terrible name

Yeah but its not only Kobe fans, it's also knick fans, Lebron fans, heck every team has a nut hugger fan that is a ****face..

jp611
08-18-2013, 05:28 PM
i have noticed this in the nfl and mlb forums too
not just nba

Cubs forum is booming... Bears has picked up as of late as well

el hidalgo
08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Just say it. Everybody is thinking the same thing. Illusionist is ruining the nba forum. Bostonjorge is also clearly a troll. This place would be better if I was a mod, and I think that is something we can all agree on

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
i gave an honest answer to the op's question. yes there are a number of trolls from all the large fan bases. but there are 2 laker's ones in particular that are as bad as it can possibly get. used to be 3 but at least 1 of them is perma banned now thank god.

Not trying to start anything, but I just found it ironic because a lot of nba fans that I know would say Heat fans are most annoying... but eh..

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Just say it. Everybody is thinking the same thing. Illusionist is ruining the nba forum. Bostonjorge is also clearly a troll. This place would be better if I was a mod, and I think that is something we can all agree on

Haha, you should also yourself in that.

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Not trying to start anything, but I just found it ironic because a lot of nba fans that I know would say Heat fans are most annoying... but eh..

ya that's fine and i can understand that. i should of also said in my post that trolls are a big problem period. but these couple in particular just stand out above all others to me because of their forum activity and constant thread spamming. there are definitely many lakers fans on here that i think are good posters, these 2 just try and ruin it for the rest of them i guess.

abe_froman
08-18-2013, 05:32 PM
have you guys started to notice a decrease in the traffic in this site, mainly in the nba forum and I dont know about your favorite team but the bulls forum seems like it has slowed down considerably.

Have you guys also noticed this?
over 2,000 online right now
the most people ever was last month at about 9,000
sees like the site is pretty healthy to me

...and your thing about the nba forums-its friggin august,wtf do you want??? there's a decline in activity when there's nothing going on.

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:34 PM
ya that's fine and i can understand that. i should of also said in my post that trolls are a big problem period. but these couple in particular just stand out above all others to me because of their forum activity and constant thread spamming. there are definitely many lakers fans on here that i think are good posters, these 2 just try and ruin it for the rest of them i guess.

Do not forget the so-called "Laker Fan" el Hidalgo

el hidalgo
08-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Do not forget the so-called "Laker Fan" el Hidalgo

Do I know you? It's a shame that you get berated for being a laker fan who doesn't worship the dirt Kobe walks on

Evolution23
08-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Too many trolls in here. Can't have a discussion without someone getting butt hurt.

JNA17
08-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Well the trolling hasn't really gone down for those that are thinking that. That part is still very much alive considering there a few number of posters that should be perma-banned by now but somehow are still here trolling as much as ever. Whether it's Lakers fans, Lebron fans, Nets fans, Knicks fans, that one hornet fan (XD), etc.

Mostly, it could be just people like me who are sick of seeing troll/bait worthy threads with troll posters who constantly go off without any repercussions on this site. The whole "no tolerance rule" is a joke when a lot of mods are usually very lazy and slow. Most of the excuses I hear about that is "oh but did you report them?" yeah, I do. All the freaking time, and nothing happens.

And people, enough of trying to accusing a fan base over the other of being the cause of hurting the site with flame bait/troll worthy posts. You're only making it worse and making yourselves look like hypocrites. Especially when I have more than enough of bookmarks to prove how many trolls from whatever fan base is still very much alive.

Matter.
08-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Do I know you? It's a shame that you get berated for being a laker fan who doesn't worship the dirt Kobe walks on

No, you constantly make threads pertaining to Kobe, which lead to Lebron vs Kobe...

WadeCounty
08-18-2013, 05:43 PM
tbh I barely ever post but lurk 3-4 times a day at least.

Every day it's the same thing, someone posts up a thread and then you have someone saying "does this actually need it's own thread?". It's like, **** at least the guy is taking initiative and trying to keep the forum alive with something new to read, wtf have you posted lately besides your stupid smileys and deliberately posting irrelevant topics that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It's always the same dead end threads as the top 5 where the topic has totally been derailed and people have turned it into a rose and kobe thread when the initial topic was about space jam (as an example)

There are a handful of mature posters on this forum, there is only so much a person can take before they realize they are just wasting their time.

tredigs
08-18-2013, 06:01 PM
362 viewing on a random off-season Sunday with nothing going on? I've seen far less. I rarely look at the viewing #'s, but when I did check it a few times over the past month I was amazed at the INCREASE in traffic. So, I can't say I agree. It seems to me it's getting more traffic than ever.

PurpleLynch
08-18-2013, 06:06 PM
It's the off-season,nothing of new; also the trolls pushed some good posters to flee this forum.Anyway it will be better and it's already good right now.

Mr_Jones
08-18-2013, 06:24 PM

HAHA. It all makes sense now. Your mask was kinda shown in this post.

You've always said ridiculous stuff.. But for some reason, this post just made everything really click. lol.

Funny guy

Ebbs
08-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Well off season hurts.

Also 45% of posters cling to advanced stats they don't understand. The other 45% wants us to believe they watch every game and their opinion out weighs every stat.

That leaves us with 10% of posters who watch a combination if games and have a basic understanding of statistics worth talking to.

Mods tolerated bs trolls far to long and were way to hard on aggressive good posters.

Bravo95
08-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Seems like the advanced metrics arguments are intimidating some of them in each main forum. The old way of arguing doesn't fly as much anymore, and the posters who believe in AM are passionate and often build their cases like attorneys, so the guys who aren't up on it just hover without posting or just say **** it and set up shop in the GD or Food forums lol

el hidalgo
08-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Well the trolling hasn't really gone down for those that are thinking that. That part is still very much alive considering there a few number of posters that should be perma-banned by now but somehow are still here trolling as much as ever. Whether it's Lakers fans, Lebron fans, Nets fans, Knicks fans, that one hornet fan (XD), etc.

Mostly, it could be just people like me who are sick of seeing troll/bait worthy threads with troll posters who constantly go off without any repercussions on this site. The whole "no tolerance rule" is a joke when a lot of mods are usually very lazy and slow. Most of the excuses I hear about that is "oh but did you report them?" yeah, I do. All the freaking time, and nothing happens.

And people, enough of trying to accusing a fan base over the other of being the cause of hurting the site with flame bait/troll worthy posts. You're only making it worse and making yourselves look like hypocrites. Especially when I have more than enough of bookmarks to prove how many trolls from whatever fan base is still very much alive.

agreed on the no tolerance part.

amos1er
08-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Ya, and this post isn't trolling or anything. :rolleyes: I've been posting on here much longer than you pal and believe me, these Kobe debates have been going on since 2006 and the site was always booming. Try again.

Most likely reason is offseason and zero tolerance rule.

amos1er
08-18-2013, 10:34 PM
agreed on the no tolerance part.

Seconded.

TorontoHuskies
08-18-2013, 10:45 PM
People are starting to realize what a ****y league the NBA is. NBA needs to become more like FIBA and take out the all star treatment/respect bs from the refs it's making the players turn into P*ssies. The refs have turned the NBA's best players into women, I mean seriously the NBA is the only league where the best players have become so feminine that they walk to games wearing women's clothing and carrying purses (lebron and wade, don't get me started on bosh).

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Ya, and this post isn't trolling or anything. :rolleyes: I've been posting on here much longer than you pal and believe me, these Kobe debates have been going on since 2006 and the site was always booming. Try again.

Most likely reason is offseason and zero tolerance rule.

it was a straight up answer to the question, posters like you (at least you knew who i was talking about right away lol) are a big problem on psd. you never have anything to post that doesn't either praise kobe, berate lebron, or both. and you inject your nonsense agenda into every single thread, then your buddy delusionist comes in to give you support and +1 everything. then when confronted, we get a bunch of youtube links and hear how stats other than ppg are bogus. it's a complete circus. i've been here quite a while myself so don't try and tell me how it was. psd has been my home page since 2007 and i'd read here daily just without ever making an account to post until later on.

Kashmir13579
08-18-2013, 11:13 PM
off season

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2013, 11:27 PM
I think part of it is the season being over... but yeah... it's possible. Maybe losing people to Reddit and such.

There are some things the site can do. Have upvotes or 'like' options for threads and comments.

That said though, even without changes made, I'd much rather use PSD than Reddit. Not only to the people here seem to know more (even if I don't agree with how everybody interprets what they know) and it's easy to post things and get responses and generate conversations. On the Reddit NBA-subreddit, people leave comments, but there aren't conversations like you have here... and you can't post links or comments as frequently as you can here. It probably gets similar or slightly higher traffic, but PSD is the superior product right now.

Also... the folks on Reddit seem even younger than some of the users here and less folks who know the old school stuff...
I'll be sticking with PSD for a while.

Htownballa1622
08-18-2013, 11:29 PM
it was a straight up answer to the question, posters like you (at least you knew who i was talking about right away lol) are a big problem on psd. you never have anything to post that doesn't either praise kobe, berate lebron, or both. and you inject your nonsense agenda into every single thread, then your buddy delusionist comes in to give you support and +1 everything. then when confronted, we get a bunch of youtube links and hear how stats other than ppg are bogus. it's a complete circus. i've been here quite a while myself so don't try and tell me how it was. psd has been my home page since 2007 and i'd read here daily just without ever making an account to post until later on.

Good post

GunFactor187
08-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Offseason Posting Syndrome, when the season comes back the rush of activity will too, lol.

mjt20mik
08-18-2013, 11:43 PM
off-season.. not much news right now until camp starts

Bishnoff
08-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Well the NBA season ended...What do you expect?

Mainly this.

Also, most topics have either been argued to the death, are stupid and shouldn't be discussed, or are valid debates but are taken over by idiots. I spend a lot less time in the NBA forum nowadays for these three reasons.

amos1er
08-18-2013, 11:47 PM

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are very diluted in this one from my point of view. First off, not everything I post is Kobe or Lebron related. Go through my posts if you want to see for yourself. Second, My threads are always very popular and get a lot of hits which is something that would help this site out if anything. Third, why don't you get offended by the Lebron nutthuggers who are far worse than me? If anything, I could say that you were trolling by the original post you made in this very thread which was a clear baiting attempt and directed at me... Admittedly.

Teeboy1487
08-19-2013, 12:07 AM
There is a trolling problem on the site. Sometimes, I find myself counting to 10 before I ****ing explode.

amos1er
08-19-2013, 12:29 AM
That was right up there with a "thats what she said" joke.

leprechaun5
08-19-2013, 03:16 AM
There were about 10 threads in 2 days .5 years of ..... vs 10 year of .... ,and you're still asking why ?

tmacsc2
08-19-2013, 04:20 AM
I'm still here and that's all that counts. ***** (in my best Jesse Pinkman voice)

DenButsu
08-19-2013, 06:47 AM
you are very diluted in this one from my point of view.

I hate to be a grammar cop, but unless you meant to suggest that he watered down his argument, I think you wanted to say "deluded".

As for the thread topic, if the premise is true (and I don't know that it actually is) I would pretty much say: Blame twitter (et al). The internet is so inundated now with so many different social media sites and ways for poeople to connect, I'd be surprised if most people's use hasn't become a lot more diffuse, with more and more people spreading their time out among a wider range of sites, and spending less time at any particular one.

And I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of spending less time here over the last year. But in my defense, it's been for basketball reasons.

jp611
08-19-2013, 07:12 AM
This place is a cesspool... Most level-headed posters get tired of coming in here

I used to post in here a lot, but the quality in this forum is just terrible... By far the worst forum on PSD

sunsfan88
08-19-2013, 08:59 AM
There needs to be something controversial to happen to draw more attention. Something including LeBron or Kobe and the PSD will go back to being active again.

Gators123
08-19-2013, 09:15 AM
The Pistons forum was very active at the start of FA. Probably the most active since I joined this site. It started to slow down a couple weeks ago though.

jericho
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Its the off-season there is not a lot to talk bout. You'll see everybody comeback when the season starts.

jericho
08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Always bringing in Kobe?

He didnt bring in Kobe. He brought in Kobe Fans.

jericho
08-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Well the trolling hasn't really gone down for those that are thinking that. That part is still very much alive considering there a few number of posters that should be perma-banned by now but somehow are still here trolling as much as ever. Whether it's Kobe fans, Lebron fans, Nets fans, Knicks fans, that one hornet fan (XD), etc.

Fixed. Please dont give the lakers fans a bad rep its the kobe fans that are the problem. But yep everybody knows that every franchise has some trolls specially the bigger market ones having more fans

aTinyPanda
08-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I do think that the NBA main forum is frustrating at times and has chased off or discouraged posters. So much homerism from all teams involved that it becomes difficult to have legit discussions. Guy who supports Team A injects his opinion into the thread, then guy from Team B ignores the first guys' post and injects his opinion of Team B into the thread. Eventually, tons of posts are just overlooked and no one is even responding to each other because all they want to do is talk about how amazing their team is. This is the MAIN FORUM.. where we're all supposed to try our best to be objective about our teams and look at the bigger NBA picture. If you want a circle jerk, go to your teams sub and do it there.

Aside from that, like everyone else has been saying. Offseason = nothing to talk about = bait threads and ridiculous hypothetical threads. Wait until preseason games start, and then we will be back in business.

Max.This
08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Ironic how some of you attribute the decline to a trolling problem when the majority of the posters here troll constantly. Plus, if you're not a kobe, or a Lebron fan it doesn't help that every other thread coming up is an attempt to wax their shoes and wash their gym socks.

tr3ymill3r
08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
It is the off season now for NBA and all the kiddos are getting ready to go back to school. I think in 2-3 weeks we will see the regular PSDers show back up to avoid some of the troll threads on the main forum. I know a majority of people now just go straight to their team site and avoid the main forum due to lack of knowledge and others not being able to take criticism of their thread.

Not everyone is going to agree with your thread or your ideas, and some people just can't take it when they hear that their team isn't going to win the championship. For the NBA unless you're the Heat, Spurs, Thunder and maybe the Bulls or Pacers as of right now you don't really have a legit shot at a title. Outside teams are the Clippers, Rockets and potentially Nets and Warriors.

Clippersfan86
08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
TMZ rapper.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I think the quality of the forum would go up if a few posters were banned, but that's different than the activity. If anything, inane troll threads get people posting. Sure none of it is worthwhile, but there's people posting. The only reason why there's less activity now is because it's the offseason and free agency is slow. This happens every year with every sport. Once the season gets closer, trolls will be back in full force.

The real issue is the lessened activity of quality posters, but when good threads are few and far between (and typically get turned into Kobe vs LeBron or some other unrelated argument anyway), why bother trying to have intelligent conversation?

smith&wesson
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
its gotten bad. psd is not what it once was thats for sure. with that said though it is offseason.

Rockice_8
08-19-2013, 01:33 PM
You can always fire up a good Nets vs Knicks debate. Those are a lock for 30+ pages.

broncofangene
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Moderators have taken this site as their own and treated it like a popularity contest. People who get passionate about their teams and are banned or comments deleted for the most minor infractions. Why can't see who's banned or why anymore? Why are delusional posters and fan bases exempt from criticism? I though the point of a forum was to disagree? This site is falling off big time!

ghettosean
08-19-2013, 01:53 PM
]Moderators have taken this site as their own and treated it like a popularity contest. People who get passionate about their teams and are banned or comments deleted for the most minor infractions. Why can't see who's banned or why anymore? Why are delusional posters and fan bases exempt from criticism? I though the point of a forum was to disagree? This site is falling off big time!

Best post of the thread so far and this is what I find to be true and why the site is spiraling downward.

LeperMessiah
08-19-2013, 02:30 PM
You seem mad at the lack of stupidity.

PacersForLife
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
The offseason obviously doesn't help. Also the fact that most of the threads are always about the same handful of teams gets really boring. Even when there are threads that are not involving those handful of teams, somebody will find a way to make the thread about one of them. Can't forget the fact that there are some people who are obviously trolls and seem to get away with it.

Lakers + Giants
08-19-2013, 03:21 PM
what happened to justin?

Spurred1
08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
1. Offseason
2. Redundancy-Do you really want to view multiple threads about one specific player and how he's better than __________? Those threads tend to derail rapidly also into crap slinging matches. I've visited this forum less and less over time for a variety of reasons, but the incessant threads about the same small handful of players/teams are one primary reason. They seem to exist to bait others more than for discussion purposes, tbh.