PDA

View Full Version : Knicks' Felton Fires Back at Paul Pierce "They Will Never Take Over This City"

Pages : [1] 2

TheThrill
08-18-2013, 04:42 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9579400&city=newyork&src=desktop

Gotta love it. Nothing like offseason smack talk.

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9579400&city=newyork&src=desktop

Gotta love it. Nothing like offseason smack talk.

What the hell does Felton know about NYC and its fans?

Evolution23
08-18-2013, 05:35 PM
He knows its a Knick city and always will be. What do you know about New York?

smiddy012
08-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Well at least they have something to fight for... Besides the 4th seed ;)

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 05:44 PM
He knows its a Knick city and always will be. What do you know about New York?

I lived in Manhattan for 50 years, then left because the city had become an insane clusterpluck.

Good enough?

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
felton has a point about the knicks having new york on their chest lol. i think the nets will be the better team this season though. depending on health and how much they rest kg (kidd talking about not playing him in back-to-backs) they might not have the better seed going into the playoffs, but i think they'll get further and be a tougher out in a series.

Bruno
08-18-2013, 05:56 PM
well, he's right. and not for any good modern day basketball reasons.

Madison Square Garden and NYC is still considering the mecca of basketball despite the fact that the game wasn't invented in NY, and the fact that the Knicks haven't brought him the title in 40 years.

will a nets championship change the fact that MSG is considered basketball holy ground? probably not. the history is too strong and its one of the last legendary venues still standing.

Jarvo
08-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Nets will be better.

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM

Madison Square Garden and NYC is still considering the mecca of basketball despite the fact that the game wasn't invented in NY, and the fact that the Knicks haven't brought him the title in 40 years.

will a nets championship change the fact that MSG is considered basketball holy ground? probably not. the history is too strong and its one of the last legendary venues still standing.

MSG is the mecca of basketball only to people who think that it is. Many people don't believe that it is.

JustinKnicks27
08-18-2013, 06:44 PM
The Knicks are going to be the better team in the reg season and playoffs. Nets did get better, but so did my knicks. We have more depth than the nets idk why people think we don't.

anyways knicks run NY, it will be a fun matchup between the two teams

Im ready for the damn season to start already!!!

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
The Knicks are going to be the better team in the reg season and playoffs. Nets did get better, but so did my knicks. We have more depth than the nets idk why people think we don't.

Knicks run NY? What does that mean?

ChuckMF
08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
As a Net fan, who the **** is Paul Pierce to talk about "owning" NY, you're still a Boston Muthafuka, stay in your place. Any net fan standing behind him is doing it solely for the laundry, KG as well. On the other side Felton is really not in any position of standing up for NY, he's a decent basketball player but he's by no means a New York Icon, or really associated with NY outside of playing for the basketball team. Between the two team, I think we, the Nets, were better last year and with the new additions Im pretty confident that there's a significant difference in talent now, but we'll see, in reality neither of us **** with the Heat.

Slug3
08-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I hope they meet in the playoffs. Would be a great series to watch.

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 06:52 PM
As a Net fan, who the **** is Paul Pierce to talk about "owning" NY, you're still a Boston Muthafuka, stay in your place. Any net fan standing behind him is doing it solely for the laundry, KG as well. On the other side Felton is really not in any position of standing up for NY, he's a decent basketball player but he's by no means a New York Icon, or really associated with NY outside of playing for the basketball team. Between the two team, I think we, the Nets, were better last year and with the new additions Im pretty confident that there's a significant difference in talent now, but we'll see, in reality neither of us **** with the Heat.

I agree that neither player should get into the 'we run NY' crap, other than to fill some sports columns, but I certainly don't think of PP as a 'Boston Muthafuka'.

That would be like thinking of Kidd as a 'Phoenix Muthafuka' when he was traded to the Nets.

faze38
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Darn right Felton let the old geezer know whats up. This a young man's game and him and KG aren't gonna be enough anymore!

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Darn right Felton let the old geezer know whats up. This a young man's game and him and KG aren't gonna be enough anymore!

If only words won games

JustinKnicks27
08-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Hahah im just saying Knicks are going to be better that's all.

Iron24th
08-18-2013, 07:05 PM
He's right BK is like the clippers, no matter what they do, knicks and lakers will always rule the city.

Like Kimmel said about cola...

east fb knicks
08-18-2013, 07:09 PM

we beat the heat 3 to 1 last year speak for your own wack *** team

smood999
08-18-2013, 07:13 PM

This...it's not about the Nets being better

faze38
08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
If only words won games

Sounds like Net fans are gonna be talking smack all over again only to be disappointed once they come in second in the atlantic and go home early yet again. Knicks will finish 3rd or better in the east again this year! I mean it's like people just look at what other teams did and nobody noticed that the Knicks also improved.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I hope they meet in the playoffs. Would be a great series to watch.

Their would be no more psd it would explode haha

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2013, 07:36 PM

More depth??

Prigs-Udrih
JR-Hardaway
Meta-Leslie
Amare
Kenyon-Tyler

Isn't better than

Livingston-Taylor
Terry-Anderson
AK47- Toko
Evans-Mirza
Blatche- Plumlee

The Knicks have added depth for sure, but to say that it's "more" than the Nets is going over the top.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Because that even matters in the playoffs...

Chill_Will_24
08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
People should learn their history. Before Steinbrenner the Mets were outdrawing the Yankees for years. Winning is ultimately what will decide which basketball team will own the city. As if it matters. ill take the less popular team if that team is winning. I am sure Clippers fans feel the same

JustinKnicks27
08-18-2013, 07:57 PM
More depth??

Prigs-Udrih
JR-Hardaway
Meta-Leslie
Amare
Kenyon-Tyler

Isn't better than

Livingston-Taylor
Terry-Anderson
AK47- Toko
Evans-Mirza
Blatche- Plumlee

The Knicks have added depth for sure, but to say that it's "more" than the Nets is going over the top. I really don't think that bench is better than our. I like ak47 pickup I really wanted him, but knew we couldn't get him.

I am not really big on Evans he can only rebound and just good for a 3rd string PF that gets mins when there is foul trouble or injury.

Then there is terry that wasn't good at all last season idk what you are going to get with him.

Blatche I like he is a good player for you guys off the bench with scoring and rebounding. overall nets have a good bench. but Knicks have a better depth.

netsgiantsyanks
08-18-2013, 08:06 PM

...in the regular season.

TheNumber37
08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Knicks are being slept on. Nets don't really have depth and KG won'y play in back to back to games? That certainly doesn't increase their regular season wins.

The Knicks will have the better record because they want to get a high seed and defend their division The Nets will be a 5th seed because they'll be resting in the playoffs.

strahan92osi72
08-18-2013, 08:29 PM
If only words won games

Words may not help a team win, but neither do middle age men.

chitownredbulls
08-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Two mediocre teams talkin smack to each other...whatever...it's irrelevant...but I think Brooklyn is going to be the better team....

strahan92osi72
08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
More depth??

Prigs-Udrih
JR-Hardaway
Meta-Leslie
Amare
Kenyon-Tyler

Isn't better than

Livingston-Taylor
Terry-Anderson
AK47- Toko
Evans-Mirza
Blatche- Plumlee

The Knicks have added depth for sure, but to say that it's "more" than the Nets is going over the top.

Ummm...yeah it is. Seriously?

Prigs is just as good as Livingston, I'd give this a push.
JR over Terry any day of the week at this point of their careers.
Metta and AK is a push at best, if anything give me Metta though.
Amare, even though not what he was is >>>>>>>Evans ever dreams of being.
Blatche is better than Kenyon, but that's the only edge BK has as far as its depth. I'll leave the unknowns alone for a while, but I think the Knicks young guys have more upside. The Knicks depth is better, and younger and more athletic.

strahan92osi72
08-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Two mediocre teams talkin smack to each other...whatever...it's irrelevant...but I think Brooklyn is going to be the better team....

A team that won 54 games last year and got better is mediocre? Hmmmm.:eyebrow:

strahan92osi72
08-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Knicks are being slept on. Nets don't really have depth and KG won'y play in back to back to games? That certainly doesn't increase their regular season wins.

The Knicks will have the better record because they want to get a high seed and defend their division The Nets will be a 5th seed because they'll be resting in the playoffs.

They won 54 games with a worse team than they are gonna have this year. They flipped Novak, Thomas, Camby and Kidd into a much younger, athletic, and useful group of Bargnani, Metta, Hardaway, Leslie, Udrih and didn't lose any big pieces. Knicks can easily win 60 games this year, I find the criticism of them hilarious I really do.

bagwell368
08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
MSG is the mecca of basketball only to people who think that it is. Many people don't believe that it is.

Right. Maybe it is for fans of the Globetrotters or the ice capades. A lot more has happened in Boston, LAL, and even UCLA, and North Carolina than happened in MSG.

tp13baby
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM

**** the Knicks. Felton is a joke. Reppin the Nets hat even though a hardcore Nuggets fan

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2013, 09:18 PM

Blatche is better than Kenyon, but that's the only edge BK has as far as its depth. I'll leave the unknowns alone for a while, but I think the Knicks young guys have more upside. The Knicks depth is better, and younger and more athletic.

I stopped reading when you said you'd take Metta over AK....completely stupid statement.

faze38
08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
**** the Knicks. Felton is a joke. Reppin the Nets hat even though a hardcore Nuggets fan

Somebody still mad that Melo left and Felton didn't want to play for that weak *** nuggets team! You should be quiet because out of the Nuggets and Knicks it was clearly the Knicks that improved. The Nuggets lost Iggy and couldn't replace him so they def are out of the Western Conference finals race. I mean they are gonna get washed when they play the warriors!

faze38
08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
I stopped reading when you said you'd take Metta over AK....completely stupid statement.

Yeah that part of the statement was dumb but so was the Livingston equal to Prig! Livingston isn't even better then our 3rd PG in Udrih. So it would be more like this!

Prigs/ Udrid >> Livingston/ Taylor
J.R>>> Terry
Metta< AK
Amare(when he plays)>Blatche
Martin ? Plumlee

Kashmir13579
08-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Tell us something we don't already know, Ray-Ray.

Kashmir13579
08-18-2013, 11:05 PM
How many times do i need to school these kiddies and tell them that NYC IS THE MECCA OF BASKETBALL, and it has to do with street ball, HS, and College tournaments.. ON A HISTORICAL LEVEL, MEANING BEFORE YOU KIDDIES WERE BORN.

MSG is simply the worlds most famous arena. Kids these days, i swear.

BBallfan8
08-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Paul Pierce needs to stfu... moved to NY last week and is already running his mouth about running the city. What a clown.

BBallfan8
08-18-2013, 11:29 PM
If this Knicks team was winning 20 games a year while BK was hanging banners, NY would still bleed orange and blue. The fact that the Knicks still have a 50 win team makes pretty much anything the Nets do irrelevant in this city. The Nets have been talking every summer for the past 2-3 years about "TAKIN OVAA" but the truth is they are just the city's gimmick team with cool shirts and Jay-Z chants.

Please don't compare playing in midtown nyc to the atlantic yards.

BBallfan8
08-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Where the Nets play...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0HUgRnI2Pzs/US0Y-ATIVkI/AAAAAAAAEVE/HL3H2lSwxXI/s1600/Barclays-Center-Kirby-Lee.jpg

Where the Knicks play...

http://milpalabrasblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/dsc_0512.jpg

/thread

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Paul Pierce needs to stfu... moved to NY last week and is already running his mouth about running the city. What a clown.

If this Knicks team was winning 20 games a year while BK was hanging banners, NY would still bleed orange and blue. The fact that the Knicks still have a 50 win team makes pretty much anything the Nets do irrelevant in this city. The Nets have been talking every summer for the past 2-3 years about "TAKIN OVAA" but the truth is they are just the city's gimmick team with cool shirts and Jay-Z chants.

Please don't compare playing in midtown nyc to the atlantic yards.

Where the Nets play...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0HUgRnI2Pzs/US0Y-ATIVkI/AAAAAAAAEVE/HL3H2lSwxXI/s1600/Barclays-Center-Kirby-Lee.jpg

Where the Knicks play...

/thread
This thread was just baptized by fire, as D-Leethal would say.

chitownredbulls
08-19-2013, 12:23 AM
A team that won 54 games last year and got better is mediocre? Hmmmm.:eyebrow:

Ha your so but hurt lol

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:27 AM
How many times do i need to school these kiddies and tell them that NYC IS THE MECCA OF BASKETBALL, and it has to do with street ball, HS, and College tournaments.. ON A HISTORICAL LEVEL, MEANING BEFORE YOU KIDDIES WERE BORN.

Indiana would disagree with you, as would I.

Were you ever at the old MSG?

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 12:31 AM

Indiana has a basis to disagree.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2013, 12:43 AM
love every second of this.....gonna be fun

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Indiana has a basis to disagree.

So, oldtimer, did you attend any games played at the old MSG on 8th Ave between 49th & 50th Sts?

Amd I, as a basketball fan, also have a basis to disagree, especially as I lived within walking distance of that cesspool of an area that the current MSG is located for 25 years.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 12:49 AM
So, oldtimer, did you attend any games played at the old MSG on 8th Ave between 49th & 50th Sts?

Amd I, as a basketball fan, also have a basis to disagree, especially as I lived within walking distance of that cesspool of an area that the current MSG is located for 25 years.

When did i say i was an old-timer? Are you a Nets fan? What is your angle right now?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 01:03 AM

You addressed fans that didn't agree with you as 'kiddies'. That is representing yourself as an oldtimer that knows things, which you are not and don't know so much.

To quote some mook in here, 'Kids these days, I swear'.

And my angle here is that you don't know what you are talking about.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:13 AM
You addressed fans that didn't agree with you as 'kiddies'. That is representing yourself as an oldtimer that knows things, which you are not and don't know so much.

To quote some mook in here, 'Kids these days, I swear'.

And my angle here is that you don't know what you are talking about.
I guess i probably am an old timer in comparison to much of PSDs population.

I addressed fans who think MSG is "the mecca" as not knowing what they are talking about. I get sick of that misrepresentation, one that often comes from both sides. I also gave Indy their due-credit. Other than that you're just talking ****.

edit: so i checked your brief post history, turns out you are a Wilt fan turned Net fan. No wonder you have-it-in with NYC and their fans. This "mook" guessed your angle. Thats hilarious to me.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 01:20 AM

I addressed fans who think MSG is "the mecca" as not knowing what they are talking about. I get sick of that misrepresentation, one that often comes from both sides. I also gave Indy their due-credit. Other than that you're just talking ****.

Sure, oldtimer.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Sure, oldtimer.

Disgruntled Nets fan.

DoMeFavors
08-19-2013, 01:25 AM
And a role playing PG will never be taken seriously talking about a HOF finals MVP like Paul Pierce. Felton has nobodys respect while Felton was busy playing video games and eating in 2011. Paul Pierce was still at 34 years old dominating basketball. Felton can walk down a block in a random town and nobody would notice him, Pierce would be noticed.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:26 AM
And a role playing PG will never be taken seriously talking about a HOF finals MVP like Paul Pierce. Felton has nobodys respect while Felton was busy playing video games and eating in 2011. Paul Pierce was still at 34 years old dominating basketball. Felton can walk down a block in a random town and nobody would notice him, Pierce would be noticed.

:laugh:

Your trolling does not lack discipline.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Disgruntled Nets fan.

Because I know you are full of crap?

DoMeFavors
08-19-2013, 01:33 AM

Your trolling does not lack discipline.

I love how everything YOU disagree with is trolling.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:34 AM
I love how everything YOU disagree with is trolling.

ahhhh Favors... I can't lie, i've missed you.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Because I know you are full of crap?

Again, i addressed your point about Indy, the rest is filler from a Nets fan to a Knicks fan. Maybe you should start wearing your stripes, then i would've known initially to not waste my time with you.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 01:36 AM

edit: so i checked your brief post history, turns out you are a Wilt fan turned Net fan. No wonder you have-it-in with NYC and their fans. This "mook" guessed your angle. Thats hilarious to me.

No. I was a Wilt fan and a Nets fan. I hated the Knicks before the Nets existed.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 01:39 AM
No. I was a Wilt fan and a Nets fan. I hated the Knicks before the Nets existed.

Here you admit to being not worth my time.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Color me offended

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Color me offended

Look, its a Knicks vs Nets thing for you, i get it. I'm right there with you. Personally, I hope KG suffers 3rd degree burns to his shooting hand in a gas accelerated grease fire.

But as far as the Mecca goes, just embrace that your team is now a part of it, and not part of a known dump like New Jersey.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Imagine it anyway you want, but NYC is not the mecca of anything good.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Where the Nets play...

Where the Knicks play...

/thread
Lmao, I love how you gave an aerial shot for the Barclays and basically showed a 1/3rd of the Garden.

Lets try this again.

Knicks: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/cities/newyork/images/msg.jpg

Nets: http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/barclays-center.jpg

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 03:27 AM
Imagine it anyway you want, but NYC is not the mecca of anything good.

other than basketball though..

BBallfan8
08-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Lmao, I love how you gave an aerial shot for the Barclays and basically showed a 1/3rd of the Garden.

Lets try this again.

Knicks: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/cities/newyork/images/msg.jpg

Nets: http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/barclays-center.jpg

You missed the point... Wasnt trying to show which building is prettier. One team plays in a disguisting neighborhood in Brooklyn, while the other plays in midtown manhattan. I dont care which arena lights up the nicest.

sunsfan88
08-19-2013, 08:46 AM
The Knicks are called the New York Knicks.

Lol how is anyone gonna argue that the city doesn't belong to NY? The borough called Brooklyn belongs to the Nets and Nets only but rest of NY is all Knicks.

sunsfan88
08-19-2013, 08:50 AM
This is a bit off topic but football wise, who runs NY? Giants or Jets? And if Giants, is it only cause they have won two championships in the past 5-6 years?

NYKnickFanatic
08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
This is a bit off topic but football wise, who runs NY? Giants or Jets? And if Giants, is it only cause they have won two championships in the past 5-6 years?

I think it's pretty even, honestly.

D-Leethal
08-19-2013, 09:29 AM

First, Kash is right when he says people don't seem to understand that MSG is not the Mecca of Basketball, MSG is just NYC's arena. But its funny, seems like every single person that actually matters (i.e. NBA players, coaches, writers and historians) have no qualms giving NYC and MSG its due as the Mecca. The people who don't believe that it is are usually butthurt nobodies who will never once get the opportunity to visit the Mecca, let alone play there.

Indiana is the birthplace. NYC is the mecca. See reasons such as the photo in my sig and you will get a better picture of how basketball makes up a massive part of the pulse of this city. Every kid grows up with a basketball, every corner has a basketball court, the streetball is legendary and the best players in world, pros or not, come to these streets to play and have been doing it since the games inception. Basketball is much bigger than the NBA, and NY Basketball is much bigger than its NBA teams. NYC isn't the Mecca of the NBA, its the mecca of basketball. This is a fact that seems to be accepted by 99.9% of the basketball world.

BklynKnicks3
08-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I bet my friend the only nets fan I know lol. 200$ that nets win less games this year then last year. Whats the odds that Kg stays healthy all year. Pierce age like crazy vs the knicks he was getting shut down by Raymond felton lol.. Brook lopez big man foot problems never ends well. I the nets win less games possible make 2nd round if they are healthy at the right time. Knicks Got better but will still win around the same amount of games because east got tougher

BklynKnicks3
08-19-2013, 09:43 AM
whats funny is even in brookln theres a lot more knick fans then nets fans. I mean I have a lot fo friends that are all basketball fans. I know one Nets fan lol. I actually know like 5 heat fans lol I just call them front runners thoe will eb funny when they cavs fans again

Lol how is anyone gonna argue that the city doesn't belong to NY? The borough called Brooklyn belongs to the Nets and Nets only but rest of NY is all Knicks.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I agree that neither player should get into the 'we run NY' crap, other than to fill some sports columns, but I certainly don't think of PP as a 'Boston Muthafuka'.

That would be like thinking of Kidd as a 'Phoenix Muthafuka' when he was traded to the Nets.

you're so far off with your opinions. PP has played in Boston his entire career, and if living in Manhattan for 50 years taught you anything, you should know we don't like Boston round these parts.

D-Leethal
08-19-2013, 09:52 AM
The only "new" Nets fans I know are dudes who are not the least bit passionate about NBA basketball and didn't have any ties to a team before hand. I wouldn't even consider them 'fans' as much as they like the Nets gear and like the idea of rooting for the new kid on the block.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 09:56 AM

Thank you.

sunsfan88
08-19-2013, 10:29 AM
I think it's pretty even, honestly.

Oh wow, surprising.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 10:55 AM
other than basketball though..

Google 'mecca of basketball'.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Thank you.

Please, google 'mecca of basketball'.

I'm an NBA fan since '62 and lived 50 years in Manhattan.

Never once did I hear New York referred to as 'the mecca of basketball'

Just an FYI for the kiddies.

KingsOfQueens
08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Just Googled it. Most/all results are Knicks.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Just Googled it. Most/all results are Knicks.

You mean MSG, right? Or are you saying the Knicks are a mecca?

koreancabbage
08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
You missed the point... Wasnt trying to show which building is prettier. One team plays in a disguisting neighborhood in Brooklyn, while the other plays in midtown manhattan. I dont care which arena lights up the nicest.

i believe that to be false. From my personal experience last winter - car broke down in the middle of the road (on the most left lane to add to insult) - just less than a block from Barclays center - it was in our view and we were planning to get to the game that night - and everyone was so nice to us as our car broke down. people crossed the streets to see what was up and even tried to help us push it - even though the car broke down in parked mode and we couldn't shift to another gear - car computer problems. And we were in that lane for about 3 hours! All the cars passing all stopped to see if they could help in any manner or even help us call the cops to get some assistance - the worst were the cops --> they stopped by and told us to call 911 to get a cop to get behind the car to direct traffic.... EVEN THOUGH they were the cops!!!

people need to get the facts straight - its not the same neighborhood anymore. it has been revitalized and people aren't giving it enough credit.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Just an FYI for the kiddies.

Why don't you Google it, grandpa. Not that Google is the end all be all, but all the results were NY related.

Not sure why you have your depends all in a twist about this, but NY is the center of basketball culture more so than the birthplace of basketball, which seems to be your argument . Basketball is ubiquitous in NYC, to use a Clyde-ism.

Perhaps you're forgetting due to old age.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Giants easily run NY. Not just because of the last two Super Bowl because they have had a ton more success then the jets

ManningToTyree
08-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Thank you.

Just an FYI for the kiddies. that is literally impossible.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 11:16 AM
First, Kash is right when he says people don't seem to understand that MSG is not the Mecca of Basketball, MSG is just NYC's arena. But its funny, seems like every single person that actually matters (i.e. NBA players, coaches, writers and historians) have no qualms giving NYC and MSG its due as the Mecca. The people who don't believe that it is are usually butthurt nobodies who will never once get the opportunity to visit the Mecca, let alone play there.

Indiana is the birthplace. NYC is the mecca. See reasons such as the photo in my sig and you will get a better picture of how basketball makes up a massive part of the pulse of this city. Every kid grows up with a basketball, every corner has a basketball court, the streetball is legendary and the best players in world, pros or not, come to these streets to play and have been doing it since the games inception. Basketball is much bigger than the NBA, and NY Basketball is much bigger than its NBA teams. NYC isn't the Mecca of the NBA, its the mecca of basketball. This is a fact that seems to be accepted by 99.9% of the basketball world.
Well done.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2013, 11:17 AM
:laugh: googled Mecca of basketball and all MSG stuff came up :laugh2:

colinskik
08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
i believe that to be false. From my personal experience last winter - car broke down in the middle of the road (on the most left lane to add to insult) - just less than a block from Barclays center - it was in our view and we were planning to get to the game that night - and everyone was so nice to us as our car broke down. people crossed the streets to see what was up and even tried to help us push it - even though the car broke down in parked mode and we couldn't shift to another gear - car computer problems. And we were in that lane for about 3 hours! All the cars passing all stopped to see if they could help in any manner or even help us call the cops to get some assistance - the worst were the cops --> they stopped by and told us to call 911 to get a cop to get behind the car to direct traffic.... EVEN THOUGH they were the cops!!!

people need to get the facts straight - its not the same neighborhood anymore. it has been revitalized and people aren't giving it enough credit.

You're right. It's actually not much of a neighborhood though but an area in between neighborhoods. One being Park Slope, the most yuppy neighborhood in all of BK, and the other Fort Greene, a rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, if not already completely gentrified.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Why don't you Google it, grandpa. Not that Google is the end all be all, but all the results were NY related.

Not sure why you have your depends all in a twist about this, but NY is the center of basketball culture more so than the birthplace of basketball, which seems to be your argument . Basketball is ubiquitous in NYC, to use a Clyde-ism.

Sonny, you sound as if you won't reach old age because you are too stupid to know enough not to play in traffic.

But if you do somehow manage to live a few more years, perhaps some wisdom will smack you in the head.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 11:20 AM

I already told him Indiana deserves their props. Dude has an obvious grudge against the city and team. NYC isn't even my favorite city in America but this one is spewing that hatred. Funny he didn't have a problem with New Jersey when his team played there.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Sonny, you sound as if you won't reach old age because you are too stupid to know enough not to play in traffic.

But if you do somehow manage to live a few more years, perhaps some wisdom will smack you in the head.

Right, and you're the mature one? Nice post...

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 11:24 AM

20 years ago you might have realized you're the butt of the joke.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I already told him Indiana deserves their props. Dude has an obvious grudge against the city and team. NYC isn't even my favorite city in America but this one is spewing that hatred. Funny he didn't have a problem with New Jersey when his team played there.

Yeah, I read your post. This is what's so "great" about PSD. Even when you feel like you've posted something fair, accurate, and sound, the person you're replying to takes it as an affront to their sports knowledge and manhood. And here I thought it was only the teens who get all persnickety... They come in all ages I guess.

BBallfan8
08-19-2013, 11:35 AM

I'm glad you had a good experience... doesn't change the fact that the two locations don't compare.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm glad you had a good experience... doesn't change the fact that the two locations don't compare.

In all honesty, the MSG area is one of the worst, most congested tourist traps in the city. Sure, it's more iconic, but the area around Barclays is much nicer.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:03 PM
:laugh: googled Mecca of basketball and all MSG stuff came up :laugh2:

Not NYC?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:11 PM
20 years ago you might have realized you're the butt of the joke.

In a few weeks, you'll realize you're just a butt.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:15 PM
you're so far off with your opinions. PP has played in Boston his entire career, and if living in Manhattan for 50 years taught you anything, you should know we don't like Boston round these parts.

I have hated the Celts as long as I have hated the Knicks.

But Pierce is a Net now, isn't he?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:17 PM

The Nets were called the New York Nets. They played in Nassau, LI

I believe the NY Giants and the NY Jets play in New Jersey, correct?

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Felton is right. Like the Jets and the Mets, the Nets will never be the most popular team in NY. They may have more success at times, but the Knicks will always be the more popular team.

Can't blame Pierce for feeling that way though. He's trying to motivate is guys and get a buzz going. Clearly its worked.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:19 PM
that is literally impossible.

Which part?

colinskik
08-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I have hated the Celts as long as I have hated the Knicks.

But Pierce is a Net now, isn't he?

He'll always be a Celtic in my eyes. And as such I'll always root against him.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Well done.

And incorrect

colinskik
08-19-2013, 12:22 PM

JKidd on the other hand was a Mav, Sun, Net, and Knick (although I'd say his NYK days will be forgotten with time). So the comparison between him and PP is inaccurate.

EDIT: Accidentally replied to my own post. That's a first.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:23 PM
And incorrect

I hate the Knicks and hate what Manhattan has turned into.

And when was New Jersey brought up in this thread?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM

So you're not a Net fan.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Felton is right. Like the Jets and the Mets, the Nets will never be the most popular team in NY. They may have more success at times, but the Knicks will always be the more popular team.

Can't blame Pierce for feeling that way though. He's trying to motivate is guys and get a buzz going. Clearly its worked.

Well, that's a theory.

But you can't tell me that in 1969, New York didn't belong to the Mets. And for years after, until Reggie Jackson.

DoMeFavors
08-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I prefer wins than fan support, Dolan on the other hand prefers fan support and money to buy his super expensive seats to see Jamal Crawford and Marbury. His ideas dont work and that is why its hard to take them seriously. You Knick fans keep buying the Knicks stuff and Dolan keeps doing the same thing. Maybe if you made a protest against his ideas he would change his ways. Look at Dolan and look at Mikhail.

Jets012
08-19-2013, 01:03 PM

Not true at all. In NY, it's honestly all about winning. If the Jets are winning, they are the talk of the city (like they were back in 09-10). Now the Giants are EASILY the more popular team due to their recent Super Bowl. For the Knicks case, it's not at all like the Yankees/Mets. If the Nets are better than the Knicks like everyone says, then they will definitely surpass them.

Honestly though, this is soooooooooooo overblown. Mets/Yankees, Devils/Rangers, Giants/Jets, Knicks/Nets are all overblown. All of those teams have GIANT fanbases and for the most part, most of them aren't even strong rivals, except for Devils/Rangers, Knicks/Nets. And this is coming from a Yankee fan. This is honestly a pointless argument between Pierce/Felton, that gets overblown by the media. You can walk around the city and you will see just as many Mets fans/jerseys as Yankees fans/jerseys or just as many Jets jerseys/fans as Giants jerseys/fans. No team will ever "own" a city.

Rockice_8
08-19-2013, 01:49 PM

WTF?

Look at it like this.

AK and JR are the two best bench guys for each team. WHo would you rather have probably AK.
Next up is Blatche and Amare. Pretty even if you ask me except one guy plays 82 games and the other would be lucky to see 40+. Give me the guy who plays all 82.

Then there isn't much difference between, Livingston and Prigs, MWP and Terry, Evans and Kenyon. The Nets and Knicks have the two best in the league I feel but give me the Nets over the Knicks cause of AK and Blatche over JR and Amare.

One bench is not far superior than the other it's really close but the top 2-3 guys is what makes the bench and the slight edge has to go to BK. They each have equal depth as they both can go 12-13 deep if injuries hit.

As for the taking over the city thing. It's not going to happen overnight so the Knicks have nothing to worry about but the Nets are certainly leaving their mark. I would think the Nets fans would rather have a ring then to be voted prom king so popularity is really trivial at this point. The first one to a ring will have the real bragging rights and that's all that really matters. Only time will tell on that one.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 02:03 PM
JKidd on the other hand was a Mav, Sun, Net, and Knick (although I'd say his NYK days will be forgotten with time). So the comparison between him and PP is inaccurate.

EDIT: Accidentally replied to my own post. That's a first.

PP is a Net.

Nets will hopefully be contenders.

You are going to root against Paul Pierce?

NYKnickFanatic
08-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I prefer wins than fan support, Dolan on the other hand prefers fan support and money to buy his super expensive seats to see Jamal Crawford and Marbury. His ideas dont work and that is why its hard to take them seriously. You Knick fans keep buying the Knicks stuff and Dolan keeps doing the same thing. Maybe if you made a protest against his ideas he would change his ways. Look at Dolan and look at Mikhail.

Yeah, I hate Dolan. Can't wait until he is gone.

NYKnickFanatic
08-19-2013, 02:11 PM
So you're not a Net fan.

No, he's a Knicks fan.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
No, he's a Knicks fan.

That would make sense

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 02:14 PM
TheMightHumph...

He claims to be an old man yet he acts like a child.

Hours later and he's still in here being fundamentally wrong and acting a fool.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I hate Dolan. Can't wait until he is gone.

Who doesn't hate that greedy POS?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 02:31 PM
TheMightHumph...

He claims to be an old man yet he acts like a child.

Hours later and he's still in here being fundamentally wrong and acting a fool.

I am correct, and you know it.

And I have to act immaturely so as to be on the level of your kiddie battalion.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2013, 02:39 PM

Not true at all. In NY, it's honestly all about winning. If the Jets are winning, they are the talk of the city (like they were back in 09-10). Now the Giants are EASILY the more popular team due to their recent Super Bowl. For the Knicks case, it's not at all like the Yankees/Mets. If the Nets are better than the Knicks like everyone says, then they will definitely surpass them.

Honestly though, this is soooooooooooo overblown. Mets/Yankees, Devils/Rangers, Giants/Jets, Knicks/Nets are all overblown. All of those teams have GIANT fanbases and for the most part, most of them aren't even strong rivals, except for Devils/Rangers, Knicks/Nets. And this is coming from a Yankee fan. This is honestly a pointless argument between Pierce/Felton, that gets overblown by the media. You can walk around the city and you will see just as many Mets fans/jerseys as Yankees fans/jerseys or just as many Jets jerseys/fans as Giants jerseys/fans. No team will ever "own" a city.

I agree all the teams have huge fan bases. And as a Jet fan 09-10 were amazing years. What I'm trying to say is the Jets/Mets/Nets can have better years and collect more back pages and get more buzz, but at the end of the day a Jets/Mets/Nets championship will not be as well received as a Giants/Yankees/Knicks championship.

Hey, just one mans opinion though

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I am correct, and you know it.

And I have to act immaturely so as to be on the level of your kiddie battalion.
I wouldn't be surprised if you're a dupe thats been previously perma-banned, for being a genuinely awful poster, similar to how you've displayed yourself in this thread.

TheGreenMonster
08-19-2013, 02:55 PM
The Knicks have NEVER owned NY. There "fans" all come out of the woodwork when they are good but are nowhere to be see when they are bad. If you asked most people 5 years ago in our area what they thought about the Knicks the standard reply was "I don't really watch basketball".

The Nets are going to be WAY better than the Knicks this year just like they have pretty much been for the past 2 decades. If you think that that joke of a team is built to win in the playoffs you don't watch much b-ball that is all I am saying.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
The Knicks have NEVER owned NY. There "fans" all come out of the woodwork when they are good but are nowhere to be see when they are bad. If you asked most people 5 years ago in our area what they thought about the Knicks the standard reply was "I don't really watch basketball".

The Nets are going to be WAY better than the Knicks this year just like they have pretty much been for the past 2 decades. If you think that that joke of a team is built to win in the playoffs you don't watch much b-ball that is all I am saying.
lmfao thats why sold out every night through a decade of hardships.. Try again.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 03:08 PM
PP is a Net.

Nets will hopefully be contenders.

You are going to root against Paul Pierce?

Yes, PP is a Net. Very good. I know that, you know that, all of PSD knows that. My point is, as a Knicks fan (check the avatar) and New Yorker I have never, and will never, like the Celtics or any Boston sports franchise. So even though I do support the Nets out of love for my borough, I will never root for PP because he is a Celtic always and forever.

colinskik
08-19-2013, 03:13 PM

Yup. You beat me to it.

This is where you contradicted yourself big time. Even though the Nets have been better overall in the last 10 or so years with the finals appearances and so forth, the Knicks were still grabbing the headlines for being a bad team. It's this point alone that proves the Knicks will always be the team in NY with the Nets playing the role of little brother.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Teams can grab a huge fanbase by being the "underground" team, so to speak. Much like the MEts, one of their biggest draws is that they are not the Yankees with their money, fame, celebrities, etc. They are more of a blue collar NY team, which is where I think the NEts will find their niche.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 04:19 PM
believe it or not, there's actually a study supporting what Felton is saying:

https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarketing/nba/best-fans-in-the-nba/

long story short, from the formula these analysts used, Knicks have the highest brand equity ("can be thought of as capturing the size and intensity of a teamís fan base"), and the Nets are last in the NBA

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:23 PM

long story short, from the formula these analysts used, Knicks have the highest brand equity ("can be thought of as capturing the size and intensity of a team’s fan base"), and the Nets are last in the NBA

You think that's what Felton formed his opinion on?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, PP is a Net. Very good. I know that, you know that, all of PSD knows that. My point is, as a Knicks fan (check the avatar) and New Yorker I have never, and will never, like the Celtics or any Boston sports franchise. So even though I do support the Nets out of love for my borough, I will never root for PP because he is a Celtic always and forever.

If you are Knick fan, hate whoever you want

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 04:27 PM

haha, obviously not, but it's interesting to see that they found the two NY teams on opposite ends of the spectrum.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:31 PM

From 2002-2003 season thru 2010-2011 season, Knicks did not sell out every home game, ticket-wise. That's not including no-shows.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 04:31 PM

Nah, probably just common knowledge.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Nah, probably just common knowledge.

Which brings me back to my original question.

WHAT THE HELL DOES FELTON KNOW ABOUT NEW YORK CITY???????

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 04:37 PM
From 2002-2003 season thru 2010-2011 swason, Knicks did not sell out every home game, ticket-wise. That's not including no-shows.

I wonder what happened more often during that time frame - nights where the Nets sold out, or nights where the nets offered-up the NJN Family Pack: Four tickets, four drinks, and four hot dogs for $40.

TheMightyHumph
haha, obviously not, but it's interesting to see that they found the two NY teams on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Really you found it interesting, even though one team has been in NYC since the NBA started, and the other just finished its 1st season in NYC?

You must find a great many things interesting.

Kashmir13579
Which brings me back to my original question.

WHAT THE HELL DOES FELTON KNOW ABOUT NEW YORK CITY???????
idk he's played there for a couple seasons now.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:38 PM

I wonder what happened more often in that time frame - nights where the Nets sold out, or nights where the nets offered-up the NJN Family Pack: Four tickets, four drinks, and four hot dogs for $40.

So you realize that you were wrong about the Knicks. Again.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 04:39 PM

Another zinger!

You're on fiyah!!!

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 04:40 PM
So you realize that you were wrong about the Knicks. Again.

Only if you failed to recognize what i said as fairly accurate, if not off-handed hyperbole.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:45 PM

That statement is an absolute lie. Face up to it like the 12 year-old you are. Then start stating some facts, if you actually know any.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 04:46 PM
idk he's played there for a couple seasons now.

And that means he knows NYC? Stop being a clown.

SOS
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM

This post needs more recognition in this thread because it is absolute fact. And the nets could win the next 10 championships and this would still be a Knicks town. Just the way it is

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:06 PM
This post needs more recognition in this thread because it is absolute fact. And the nets could win the next 10 championships and this would still be a Knicks town. Just the way it is

That's your opinion.

Rockice_8
08-19-2013, 05:11 PM

long story short, from the formula these analysts used, Knicks have the highest brand equity ("can be thought of as capturing the size and intensity of a teamís fan base"), and the Nets are last in the NBA

This list is about money not actual basketball so it really makes no sense for anything outside of the people making it or losing it (which is not any of us)

The Nets were one of the top teams in terms of selling out their arena (percentage wise). They have a smaller stadium then most so I think in terms of that they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom.

Here's the actual numbers.

"The reality is that the Nets and Knicks had nearly identical attendance this past season, based on percentage of the arena capacity. The Knicks average attendance was 19,033, 96.30622881141527 percent of the Garden's 19,763 capacity for NBA games. The Nets average attendance was 17,187, 96.92646063613806 percent of Barclays 17,732 capacity for NBA games."

You can find lists like this anywhere to make a point. Here's Forbes most loyal fan bases.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marketshare/2013/04/16/19766/

Nets and Knicks both are in the top 5. I think Knicks fans are easily the most loyal. Having to watch garbage basketball for the better part of a decade (up until recently) and still having to pay those absurd ticket prices (while still filling the arena close to sellouts) is pretty damn loyal if you ask me.

The Nets don't need to overtake the Knicks in terms of popularity. The Knicks have such a straggle hold on the city, being the only team from there for so long. It's gonna be nearly impossible for the Nets to take them over. In terms of popularity in the long term it will probably always be the majority going with the Knicks but there are so many people in NYC that the Nets can get themselves a great fanbase and even outdraw the Knicks some years.

It's all about winning rings though and the Knicks have left that wide open for the Nets to take. The Mets aren't catching the Yankees and the Jets aren't matching the Giants in terms of winning (and doing it recently enough for people to remember).

Right now that is still open for grabs. Which ever team can get that next ring is going to get a huge bump in terms of history and even popularity. Those things just come with winning.

The battle ground has been set lets see who can reach the top first.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Really you found it interesting, even though one team has been in NYC since the NBA started, and the other just finished its 1st season in NYC?

The Nets were also last prior to moving to Brooklyn. It's clearly not a well-supported or passionately-supported franchise regardless.

And of course I find it interesting. New or not, the Nets play in a much larger market (even just counting Brooklyn alone) than most of the league. It's also interesting that the Knicks beat out the rest of the league. I wouldn't have thought they'd be first.

I don't know what your problem is. The link to the study I provided is related to the matter at hand. I get that you hate New York, but all you're being in this thread is a biased dick. I'm not exactly a New York fan either, but I gave evidence contrary to what your opinion is and all you can do is question why I find that interesting? Get over yourself.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
This list is about money not actual basketball so it really makes no sense for anything outside of the people making it or losing it (which is not any of us)

The Nets were one of the top teams in terms of selling out their arena (percentage wise). They have a smaller stadium then most so I think in terms of that they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom.

Here's the actual numbers.

"The reality is that the Nets and Knicks had nearly identical attendance this past season, based on percentage of the arena capacity. The Knicks average attendance was 19,033, 96.30622881141527 percent of the Garden's 19,763 capacity for NBA games. The Nets average attendance was 17,187, 96.92646063613806 percent of Barclays 17,732 capacity for NBA games."

You can find lists like this anywhere to make a point. Here's Forbes most loyal fan bases.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marketshare/2013/04/16/19766/

Nets and Knicks both are in the top 5. I think Knicks fans are easily the most loyal. Having to watch garbage basketball for the better part of a decade (up until recently) and still having to pay those absurd ticket prices (while still filling the arena close to sellouts) is pretty damn loyal if you ask me.

The Nets don't need to overtake the Knicks in terms of popularity. The Knicks have such a straggle hold on the city, being the only team from there for so long. It's gonna be nearly impossible for the Nets to take them over. In terms of popularity in the long term it will probably always be the majority going with the Knicks but there are so many people in NYC that the Nets can get themselves a great fanbase and even outdraw the Knicks some years.

It's all about winning rings though and the Knicks have left that wide open for the Nets to take. The Mets aren't catching the Yankees and the Jets aren't matching the Giants in terms of winning (and doing it recently enough for people to remember).

Right now that is still open for grabs. Which ever team can get that next ring is going to get a huge bump in terms of history and even popularity. Those things just come with winning.

The battle ground has been set lets see who can reach the top first.

I don't particularly value the Forbes study because it doesn't adjust for winning at all. Of course a winning franchise is going to be better supported than the Bobcats and their fans have much more reason to display intense support for their team as they're being rewarded for it by consistent success. The one I cited is certainly not perfect, but it's at least evaluating based on by how much a team is exceeding or failing to meet expectations monetarily. That factors in a lot more than Forbes does.

D-Leethal
08-19-2013, 05:17 PM
That statement is an absolute lie. Face up to it like the 12 year-old you are. Then start stating some facts, if you actually know any.

You do know there is a sports marketing firm that produces a list of the best fanbase in every sport, using a formula derived from a mix of ticket prices, winning %, city population and attendance and the Knicks get first place every year, even when they sucked balls.

And if you want to check for yourself, Knicks have been top 10 in attendance every year since 2001, which included 8-9 lottery teams. His statement was far closer to truth than yours was, thats for sure.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

D-Leethal
08-19-2013, 05:19 PM
https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarketing/2013/05/15/which-nba-team-has-the-best-home-fans-and-who-has-the-worst-hint-itís-new-york/

Take it for what its worth....

That is the study the dude above was referring to when he brought up adjusting for winning %.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
The Nets were also last prior to moving to Brooklyn. It's clearly not a well-supported or passionately-supported franchise regardless.

And of course I find it interesting. New or not, the Nets play in a much larger market (even just counting Brooklyn alone) than most of the league. It's also interesting that the Knicks beat out the rest of the league. I wouldn't have thought they'd be first.

I don't know what your problem is. The link to the study I provided is related to the matter at hand. I get that you hate New York, but all you're being in this thread is a biased dick. I'm not exactly a New York fan either, but I gave evidence contrary to what your opinion is and all you can do is question why I find that interesting? Get over yourself.

And you have been an imbecile in your interpretation of my posts.

I have never said that Knicks aren't the current basketball team that owns NYC.

My two claims are....

1) What does Felton know about NYC?

2) NYC is not the mecca of basketball.

Now point out what you have a problem with.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarketing/2013/05/15/which-nba-team-has-the-best-home-fans-and-who-has-the-worst-hint-it’s-new-york/

Take it for what its worth....

That is the study the dude above was referring to when he brought up adjusting for winning %.

Yeah, I linked it earlier and all he did was question why I found that interesting despite it being obviously related lol

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
You do know there is a sports marketing firm that produces a list of the best fanbase in every sport, using a formula derived from a mix of ticket prices, winning %, city population and attendance and the Knicks get first place every year, even when they sucked balls.

And if you want to check for yourself, Knicks have been top 10 in attendance every year since 2001, which included 8-9 lottery teams. His statement was far closer to truth than yours was, thats for sure.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The statement made was that the Knicks sold out every game.

They, in fact, did not sell out every game for nine seasons in a row

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 05:26 PM
And you have been an imbecile in your interpretation of my posts.

I have never said that Knicks aren't the current basketball team that owns NYC.

My two claims are....

1) What does Felton know about NYC?

2) NYC is not the mecca of basketball.

Now point out what you have a problem with.

If that's all you've claimed in this thread, then I apparently got you confused with someone else or misinterpreted you. Then again, I have no idea what either of those has to do with whether or not the Nets would take over NY as per the thread topic.

Rockice_8
08-19-2013, 05:28 PM

Probably right and you'll have so many of your friends to console you. Winning is what really matters, nothing else. Now that is an absolute FACT, just the way it is. Until one of these teams wins a ring this pissing and moaning about my team having more fans is dumb argument cause it's easily the Knicks even the biggest Nets homer can't argue that. Good thing it doesn't mean jack. All it means is there are more disappointed Knicks fan each year. :cool:

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:41 PM
If that's all you've claimed in this thread, then I apparently got you confused with someone else or misinterpreted you. Then again, I have no idea what either of those has to do with whether or not the Nets would take over NY as per the thread topic.

Come on. The thread begins with what Felton said. Begins, as in the 1st post.

Then it somehow got into calling NYC the mecca of basketball

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I linked it earlier and all he did was question why I found that interesting despite it being obviously related lol

What's it related to?

The Nets should never have entered the NBA. It should have been the Kentucky Colonels, but John Y. Brown sold the fans out.

The player that caused the merger had to be sold so the Nets could afford to join the league, basically making them an expansion like franchise.

If Julius enters the league with the Nets, a whole different tale is written.

If Kidd hadn't spit french fries at his wife, Nets would still be in New Jersey, or perhaps Seattle, with an outside shot of them being in Brooklyn.

Nets have been the NBA's stepchild until now, because they have an owner who doesn't care how he spends his money, even if it isn't all that wisely.

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Come on. The thread begins with what Felton said. Begins, as in the 1st post.

Then it somehow got into calling NYC the mecca of basketball

I took the topic to be what Felton said, not that he said it

What's it related to?

The Nets should never have entered the NBA. It should have been the Kentucky Colonels, but John Y. Brown sold the fans out.

The player that caused the merger had to be sold so the Nets could afford to join the league, basically making them an expansion like franchise.

If Julius enters the league with the Nets, a whole different tale is written.

If Kidd hadn't spit french fries at his wife, Nets would still be in New Jersey, or perhaps Seattle, with an outside shot of them being in Brooklyn.

Nets have been the NBA's stepchild until now, because they have an owner who doesn't care how he spends his money, even if it isn't all that wisely.

Again, it's related to what Felton said. It establishes the massive gap the Nets would need to overcome for what Paul Pierce said to be true.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM

Again, it's related to what Felton said. It establishes the massive gap the Nets would need to overcome for what Paul Pierce said to be true.

And again I ask you.

Did Felton judge his opinion on that study, or was he just blowing gas out of an orifice?

WHAT THE HELL DOES RAYMOND FELTON KNOW ABOUT NYC AND ITS FANS?

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
And again I ask you.

Did Felton judge his opinion on that study, or was he just blowing gas out of an orifice?

WHAT THE HELL DOES RAYMOND FELTON KNOW ABOUT NYC AND ITS FANS?

I already told you I highly doubt he used that study, but I'm sure he still has common sense and sees, like the study suggests, that there's a large difference between Knicks and Nets fans in NYC.

I don't understand your obsession with what Felton does or doesn't know about the city and Knicks fans when he's obviously correct in his assessment. You're making some side argument that's entirely useless.

ManRam
08-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Wow. This is riveting stuff.

(Can the season start already?)

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I already told you I highly doubt he used that study, but I'm sure he still has common sense and sees, like the study suggests, that there's a large difference between Knicks and Nets fans in NYC.

I don't understand your obsession with what Felton does or doesn't know about the city and Knicks fans when he's obviously correct in his assessment. You're making some side argument that's entirely useless.

Listen, I'm not saying Felton is wrong. I am not saying Felton is right (ever is a long, long time).

But the premise that Felton has his finger on the pulse of the NBA fans of the New York Greater Metropolitan Area is so preposterous that you are making yourself look very, very foolish.

Now if that is your intent, you are succeeding magnificently.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow. This is riveting stuff.

(Can the season start already?)

Oh man, wouldn't that be nice?

Unfortunately, it is to the Nets advantage to talk crap to intensify the rivalry. They are trying to stake their claim, and I know Proky is loving it.

KnickaBocka.44
08-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Listen, I'm not saying Felton is wrong. I am not saying Felton is right (ever is a long, long time).

But the premise that Felton has his finger on the pulse of the NBA fans of the New York Greater Metropolitan Area is so preposterous that you are making yourself look very, very foolish.

Now if that is your intent, you are succeeding magnificently.

He doesn't need to. All he is saying is nothing has changed since the Nets arrived and there's no reason to think it will.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 06:31 PM
He doesn't need to. All he is saying is nothing has changed since the Nets arrived and there's no reason to think it will.

Yeah, I'm sure Felton did a lot of research into it before striking back at Pierce.

Oh, and Google 'Mecca Temple, MSG'. You will find some interesting history.

Going out into this beautiful day right now, but I certainly expect some asinine responses by the time I get back.

KnickaBocka.44
08-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Felton did a lot of research into it before striking back at Pierce.

Oh, and Google 'Mecca Temple, MSG'. You will find some interesting history.

Going out into this beautiful day right now, but I certainly expect some asinine responses by the time I get back.

So now you are saying that he needs to do research? The only asinine responses have your username above them.

SOS
08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
That's your opinion.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact

SOS
08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Probably right and you'll have so many of your friends to console you. Winning is what really matters, nothing else. Now that is an absolute FACT, just the way it is. Until one of these teams wins a ring this pissing and moaning about my team having more fans is dumb argument cause it's easily the Knicks even the biggest Nets homer can't argue that. Good thing it doesn't mean jack. All it means is there are more disappointed Knicks fan each year. :cool:

Absolutely winning is more important. But that's not what the base of this thread is

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 07:16 PM
pfffftt, the Garden sells out of the Bobcats are in town.

And that means he knows NYC? Stop being a clown.
Clearly more than you do.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2013, 07:19 PM
DoMeFavors > MightyHumph intellectually and its not even close

Utd7
08-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I mean he's right. One team represents ONE borough while the other team reps an entire city including the borough that Pierce now plays for.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 07:46 PM
DoMeFavors > MightyHumph intellectually and its not even close

Again, color me hurt right down to the cockles of my heart.

Do you like cockles?

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 07:50 PM

So Felton is now the knowledgeable source you rely on.

That TRULY says something about you and your desperation to try to win your unwinable point

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 08:00 PM
I mean he's right. One team represents ONE borough while the other team reps an entire city including the borough that Pierce now plays for.

No, one team bears the name of one borough, while the other bears the name of a state.

Proky could have chosen to name his team The New York Nets, but he chose to name it after a specific borough.

You think all Brooklyn Dodger fans only lived in Brooklyn. You think the Dodgers weren't considered a NYC team?

You think the Yankees aren't considered a NYC team. The Bronx Bombers. Yankees were a much more popular team than the NY (baseball) Giants, even though Giants actually played in Manhattan?

Give a little more thought before you post things you know nearly nothing about.

Knicks21
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Nets players need to be aiming a little higher than just "running the city". Lebron didnt claim Florida when he signed with the Heat, because he isnt a child.

Heck even when Amare went to the Knicks, proclaiming that the "Knicks were back", he didnt feel obligated to add "Oh and we are better than the Nets".

And Joe Johnson said the same thing last year, turned out great...

Knicks21
08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
No, one team bears the name of one borough, while the other bears the name of a state.

Proky could have chosen to name his team The New York Nets, but he chose to name it after a specific borough.

You think all Brooklyn Dodger fans only lived in Brooklyn. You think the Dodgers weren't considered a NYC team?

You think the Yankees aren't considered a NYC team. The Bronx Bombers. Yankees were a much more popular team than the NY (baseball) Giants, even though Giants actually played in Manhattan?

Give a little more thought before you post things you know nearly nothing about.

If anything that makes his argument more convincing.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
If anything that makes his argument more convincing.

How so?

Knicks21
08-19-2013, 08:24 PM
How so?

Because it apply's to a larger audience.

bearadonisdna
08-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Maybe thats why jr smith bought the tank, to make sure they dont 'take over the city.'

slyone_nyc
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Right. Maybe it is for fans of the Globetrotters or the ice capades. A lot more has happened in Boston, LAL, and even UCLA, and North Carolina than happened in MSG.

you obviously don't know your basketball history, look up the old madison square garden... theirs a reason great basketball throughout history came to nyc to hoop... nyc the mecca of basketball, doesn't only apply to the garden... google...

JLynn943
08-19-2013, 08:54 PM
So Felton is now the knowledgeable source you rely on.

That TRULY says something about you and your desperation to try to win your unwinable point

What are you talking about? I'm relying on Felton? Since when? Unwinnable point? You mean the one you agreed with? Regardless, I'm done.

D-Leethal
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe thats why jr smith bought the tank, to make sure they dont 'take over the city.'

lol, win.

slyone_nyc
08-19-2013, 09:03 PM

lol, everything you're saying is cool, but you're missing the point... their are 2nd 3rd 4th generation Knicks fans, im in contact will many people in nyc on a daily basis and 90% of them are loyal Knicks fans. you get a net or fan of another team here and there, but Knicks rule new york.. Knicks have fans in every arena and some areans are a second home court ( olando, atl, brooklyn, philly, charlotte ) just to name a few ,lol.

if nets ever do accomplish such a feat, it wouldn't be because of anyone on this team, lol. maybe if they get james or the next big star in the future, otherwise, not going to happen.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 09:14 PM
lol, everything you're saying is cool, but you're missing the point... their are 2nd 3rd 4th generation Knicks fans, im in contact will many people in nyc on a daily basis and 90% of them are loyal Knicks fans. you get a net or fan of another team here and there, but Knicks rule new york.. Knicks have fans in every arena and some areans are a second home court ( olando, atl, brooklyn, philly, charlotte ) just to name a few ,lol.

if nets ever do accomplish such a feat, it wouldn't be because of anyone on this team, lol. maybe if they get james or the next big star in the future, otherwise, not going to happen.

Yeah, there were 2nd, 3rd generation Yankee fans, Yet Nets ruled this town from '69 to Reggie Jackson.

And I see that you don't include winning in the equation (which is what propelled the Mets into the captain's chair).

You're a Knicks' PR man, ain'tcha?

Utd7
08-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Thats not true, Knicks fans are extremely loyal. I mostly went to Knick games during the Isiah Era and no matter the opponent whether marquee or not, the Garden was a sell out or very close to it.

slyone_nyc
08-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah, there were 2nd, 3rd generation Yankee fans, Yet Nets ruled this town from '69 to Reggie Jackson.

And I see that you don't include winning in the equation (which is what propelled the Mets into the captain's chair).

You're a Knicks' PR man, ain'tcha?

lol thanks for reiterating my point, yeah, their WAS a time the mets ruled, it would take the DECADES to overtake the global yankeed fan base... Knicks fan base is global as well... Knicks run ny and they will obviously for the rest of your lifetime, LOL.

slyone_nyc
08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
lol at people talkin non-sense... Knicks fans are nowhere to be found when the team is losing? lol i have supported them throught all the losing, as well as many other posters. when the Knicks were bad their was always a good crowd at the garden. the Knicks have always owned NY silly man, was their ever another team???????????????????

and how does TheGreenMonster know, i repeat KNOW, the nets will be better than the Knicks? can i borrow your crystal ball?

Utd7
08-19-2013, 10:36 PM

I'm a born and raised New Yorker. I still live in the city and can observe the sporting landscape here for myself. I know exactly what the **** I'm talking about. People from NYC take pride in the borough they are from. You think someone from The Bronx or Queens is seriously going to rep the BROOKLYN Nets? Use your ****ing head. The Yankees are called the NEW YORK yankees not the Bronx Yankees. Bronx Bombers as you said is their nickname it's clearly not the same thing as the Brooklyn Nets.
When the Dodgers played in Brooklyn, the vast majority of their fan base was from Brooklyn because you had Yankees fan predominantly in the Bronx and the New York Giants at Polo Grounds in Manhattan.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 10:38 PM
lol thanks for reiterating my point, yeah, their WAS a time the mets ruled, it would take the DECADES to overtake the global yankeed fan base... Knicks fan base is global as well... Knicks run ny and they will obviously for the rest of your lifetime, LOL.

LOL!!!!!!! Decades????????????? It took them one season.

I hate repeating myself. but sometimes, and I'm not trying put extra pressure on you, but possibly, on occasion, you might want to think before you post.

faze38
08-19-2013, 10:52 PM
lol at people talkin non-sense... Knicks fans are nowhere to be found when the team is losing? lol i have supported them throught all the losing, as well as many other posters. when the Knicks were bad their was always a good crowd at the garden. the Knicks have always owned NY silly man, was their ever another team???????????????????

and how does TheGreenMonster know, i repeat KNOW, the nets will be better than the Knicks? can i borrow your crystal ball?

we even had a good crowd on this site i mean some people are nuts Knicks fans have always been around and always will be!

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 10:56 PM
we even had a good crowd on this site i mean some people are nuts Knicks fans have always been around and always will be!

So you are freely admitting that Knick fans are nuts.

Thank you. I have thought the same thing for half a century.

koreancabbage
08-19-2013, 11:09 PM

i found that the Barclays Centre and the area around it was cleaner than the Madison Square Gardens. definitely less beggars and people asking for money.

and i'm a 3rd party just observing both areas. I mean people might have a perspective and attitude of both areas b/c they lived there but from my observations - thought that part of Brooklyn was cleaner than MSG.

koreancabbage
08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Thats not true, Knicks fans are extremely loyal. I mostly went to Knick games during the Isiah Era and no matter the opponent whether marquee or not, the Garden was a sell out or very close to it.

Garden is a sell out and one of the major reasons is that ballers ball and want to be seen there. It also helps when Manhattan is one of the most populated cities in America. and its on an island. There is def something different about New York than other cities due to this fact. There's def some kind of solidarity amongst Knicks fans b/c of this factor - a psychological factor - and the same reason why people want to work and live in Manhattan.

If it wasn't on an island, I'm sure there would be such a that huge of an argument of Knicks fans vs Nets fans.

Knicks will always be New York's team. just like the Lakers vs Clippers.

Unless the Nets have the same success, like the spurs, for instance in terms of prolonged success in a decade - opinions and fandom won't even budge.

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 11:22 PM

I'm not going to explain the economics of Manhattan and MSG to you.

And this is not taking into account that the Nets have the opportunity of passing the Knicks for the next season or two.

Jason Kidd is an extremely loved an quotable sports figure.

His JUST departing the Knicks (where they overly depended on him) is a plus for the Nets, PR-wise.

Oh Please, let the season begin.

colinskik
08-20-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm not going to explain the economics of Manhattan and MSG to you.

And this is not taking into account that the Nets have the opportunity of passing the Knicks for the next season or two.

Jason Kidd is an extremely loved an quotable sports figure.

His JUST departing the Knicks (where they overly depended on him) is a plus for the Nets, PR-wise.

Oh Please, let the season begin.

There isn't one post of yours in this thread that makes sense or addresses the point at hand.

So your hanging your hat on the fact that MSG wasn't sold out EVERY night when they were terrible, yet it was a near sell out every night. Were the Nets selling out their swamp arena when they were championship contenders? No.

Since you haven't been in NYC for a while you should defer to those of us who still are here. The only people who are repping the Nets are doing so from a fashion point of view, or enthralled with the new team in town, or supporting them out of hatred for the Knicks. Once the initial infatuation dies down, let's see if the fan base is anywhere close to that of the Knicks, which sustained through a decade of horrid play.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 12:02 PM
There isn't one post of yours in this thread that makes sense or addresses the point at hand.

So your hanging your hat on the fact that MSG wasn't sold out EVERY night when they were terrible, yet it was a near sell out every night. Were the Nets selling out their swamp arena when they were championship contenders? No.

Since you haven't been in NYC for a while you should defer to those of us who still are here. The only people who are repping the Nets are doing so from a fashion point of view, or enthralled with the new team in town, or supporting them out of hatred for the Knicks. Once the initial infatuation dies down, let's see if the fan base is anywhere close to that of the Knicks, which sustained through a decade of horrid play.

My point about the Knicks not selling out for nine years in a row was in response to one of your fellow kiddies saying that the Knicks sold out every game during the Isiah, Larry Brown, Marbury, Eddy Curry period. Learn to read. He lied, and I posted that he lied.

Also, I never said Knicks didn't own NYC basketball at this point in time.

My question, which is in the 2nd post of this thread was.....

WHAT THE HELL DOES FELTON KNOW ABOUT NYC?????

You think Ray has even been to all 5 boroughs?

My other point is that NYC is NOT the mecca of basketball, as some of the kiddies have stated.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
My point about the Knicks not selling out for nine years in a row was in response to one of your fellow kiddies saying that the Knicks sold out every game during the Isiah, Larry Brown, Marbury, Eddy Curry period. Learn to read. He lied, and I posted that he lied.

My other point is that NYC is NOT the mecca of basketball, as some of the kiddies have stated.

i said its fairly accurate if not offhanded hyperbole, you're just ignorant.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Garden is a sell out and one of the major reasons is that ballers ball and want to be seen there. It also helps when Manhattan is one of the most populated cities in America. and its on an island. There is def something different about New York than other cities due to this fact. There's def some kind of solidarity amongst Knicks fans b/c of this factor - a psychological factor - and the same reason why people want to work and live in Manhattan.

If it wasn't on an island, I'm sure there would be such a that huge of an argument of Knicks fans vs Nets fans.

Knicks will always be New York's team. just like the Lakers vs Clippers.

Unless the Nets have the same success, like the spurs, for instance in terms of prolonged success in a decade - opinions and fandom won't even budge.

Manhattan has a little over 1.6 million residents.

Brooklyn has nearly a million more residents.

FYI

Also, Nets and Knicks both play on islands.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Nets have the top players that people want to see, the better players all time the team you want to see more. Knicks have players that cant draw away teams to go see them. Melo is the only guy. JR Smith,Tyson Chandler and Bargnani arent players people want to see.

colinskik
08-20-2013, 01:01 PM

As Kash stated above, the point remains that MSG and the Knicks were still drawing more fans than the Nets during that time even if the arena wasn't completely sold out every single night. It was still sold out many nights and close to sold out on other nights (hyperbole). All this while the Nets were competing for the title and the Knicks were close to terrible. -- To address your first point.

So with history as the judge, one can say the Knicks are Ny's team, despite success.

As for what Felton knows about NYC ... I fail to see how this is relevant in any way. What does he need to know about NYC? What does Paul Pierce know about Brooklyn or NYC? He's simply firing back at Pierce and saying something that's true, which is the Knicks are New York's team. Honestly, I'd be happy to discuss this further if you explain how it holds any weight.

Lastly, if you don't think NYC is the mecca of basketball, then where is the mecca?

D-Leethal
08-20-2013, 01:03 PM
How and why is this thread still open?

colinskik
08-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Nets have the top players that people want to see, the better players all time the team you want to see more. Knicks have players that cant draw away teams to go see them. Melo is the only guy. JR Smith,Tyson Chandler and Bargnani arent players people want to see.

Except everything JR does ends up on Page Six. He dyes his hair -- news story. He buys an armored truck -- news story. People definitely want to see this guy play.

People in NY don't like Boston or anyone associated with Boston, so it's hard to imagine people are clamoring to see two Boston figures in Paul Pierce and KG. Unless of course they want to go to jeer them, which is why I want to go to a Nets game.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
As Kash stated above, the point remains that MSG and the Knicks were still drawing more fans than the Nets during that time even if the arena wasn't completely sold out every single night. It was still sold out many nights and close to sold out on other nights (hyperbole). All this while the Nets were competing for the title and the Knicks were close to terrible. -- To address your first point.

So with history as the judge, one can say the Knicks are Ny's team, despite success.

As for what Felton knows about NYC ... I fail to see how this is relevant in any way. What does he need to know about NYC? What does Paul Pierce know about Brooklyn or NYC? He's simply firing back at Pierce and saying something that's true, which is the Knicks are New York's team. Honestly, I'd be happy to discuss this further if you explain how it holds any weight.

Lastly, if you don't think NYC is the mecca of basketball, then where is the mecca?

You seem to have a reading disability. But that seems to be common among Knick fans.

And I don't know where the mecca of basketball is.

I do know that MSG got the handle 'the mecca of basketball'. The 1st MSG was originally the Mecca Temple.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Except everything JR does ends up on Page Six. He dyes his hair -- news story. He buys an armored truck -- news story. People definitely want to see this guy play.

People in NY don't like Boston or anyone associated with Boston, so it's hard to imagine people are clamoring to see two Boston figures in Paul Pierce and KG. Unless of course they want to go to jeer them, which is why I want to go to a Nets game.

The are now two players of a NYC team

koreancabbage
08-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Manhattan has a little over 1.6 million residents.

Brooklyn has nearly a million more residents.

FYI

Also, Nets and Knicks both play on islands.

i stand corrected. BUT Manhattan is one of its kind.

noone goes to New York to go see Brooklyn.

case in point, Knicks are New York's team.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Shumpert though. ;)

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Nobody is going to NY to see the Knicks play you might want to go see Derek Jeter or something but nobody is saying on a trip to NY. "I really want to see Raymond Felton play"

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 01:50 PM

He bought an armored truck :laugh:

Thats my boy!

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 01:53 PM

Right now the Knicks are New York's team.

Now tell me what the hell Raymond Felton knows about New York?

People like to see the Yankees (Bronx)

People like to see the Mets (Queens)

People like to see the Giants and the Jets (New Jersey)

People like to watch tennis (Queens)

People like to play golf (just about everywhere except Manhattan)

The Bronx Zoo & Botanical Gardens (The Bronx)

The Mob's Graveyard (Staten Island)

NYC has plenty of attractions outside of a very cluttered Manhattan. I, fortunately, no longer contribute to the clutter.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 01:54 PM
He bought an armored truck :laugh:

Thats my boy!

Now THAT is something that would be useful in Manhattan

BigBlueCrew
08-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Nobody is going to NY to see the Knicks play you might want to go see Derek Jeter or something but nobody is saying on a trip to NY. "I really want to see Raymond Felton play"

They still let you back? Besides no-one is going to the Barfclays center to see past their timers play.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 01:59 PM
They still let you back?

Nets are the attraction, they are the showtime in NY right now. Besides Carmelo a common bball fan doesnt know anyone on the Knicks. Their players are 2nd class to the Nets. Nobody wants to see a Knicks game coming from outside NY.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
They still let you back? Besides no-one is going to the Barfclays center to see past their timers play.

Isn't that why people went to see the Knicks last season?

BigBlueCrew
08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Nets are the attraction, they are the showtime in NY right now. Besides Carmelo a common bball fan doesnt know anyone on the Knicks. Their players are 2nd class to the Nets. Nobody wants to see a Knicks game coming from outside NY.

Keep telling yourself that, a common bball fan :laugh:

D-Leethal
08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Who the hell wants to watch Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, and 2013 Paul "Slug" Pierce? I will give you DWill and even KG, but the rest of those guys are about as bland and 'meh' as it gets when it comes to being entertaining basketball players. Knicks have way more personality, youth, explosiveness, and tough guys to make a much more entertaining experience (since thats what DMF brought up - the entertainment side).

Nets could very well be better next year - but entertaining is something they will not be. They will be slow, they will be old, you will not see dunks, you will not see alley oops, you will not see spread out offense. They will be just as bland as they were last year, and KG isn't enough to make up for the lack of emotion that team plays with at every position.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:06 PM
If NY could only have ONE team who do you think most fans would trust to get a championship to the city quicker? James Dolan and Glen Grunwald or Mikhail Prok and Billy King?We have the team you could be most proud of that people actually think can compete for a championship. Our Nets fans dont question or owner or GM. Knicks owner and GM are hated by most Knicks fans. We are now NY's team.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Isn't that why people went to see the Knicks last season?

Only our role players were old, not the main attractions.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Who the hell wants to watch Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, and 2013 Paul "Slug" Pierce? I will give you DWill and even KG, but the rest of those guys are about as bland and 'meh' as it gets when it comes to being entertaining basketball players. Knicks have way more personality, youth, explosiveness, and tough guys to make a much more entertaining experience (since thats what DMF brought up - the entertainment side).

Nets could very well be better next year - but entertaining is something they will not be. They will be slow, they will be old, you will not see dunks, you will not see alley oops, you will not see spread out offense. They will be just as bland as they were last year, and KG isn't enough to make up for the lack of emotion that team plays with at every position.

I respect your opinion but I am not talking about tough guys, if people want tough they will watch boxing or go see an NFL game. The NBA isnt tough and hasnt been for 15 years. Personally as a basketball fan I like smart great executed bball. I like to see winners and that is what people want to see.

BigBlueCrew
08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
If NY could only have ONE team who do you think most fans would trust to get a championship to the city quicker? James Dolan and Glen Grunwald or Mikhail Prok and Billy King?We have the team you could be most proud of that people actually think can compete for a championship. Our Nets fans dont question or owner or GM. Knicks owner and GM are hated by most Knicks fans. We are now NY's team.

You guys are "proud" of anything Billy King brings in. Its kinda sad really. You and and that idiot Wavey first and most of all. But its cool. What else to look forward to being a Nets fan, right? ;) You have your offseason.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM

Knicks have personality? Does that mean they win the tattoo contest. LMAO!!!!!

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
You guys are "proud" of anything Billy King brings in. Its kinda sad really. You and and that idiot Wavey first and most of all. But its cool. What else to look forward to being a Nets fan, right? ;)

Because we like the moves he makes, maybe Knicks are scared to make moves that can be of benefit because of the constant backlash they recieve. They draft a player that you all are in love with right now and he was booed when his name was called. Its getting old, the Knicks lie to you fans a lot aswell. Trying to get you to buy tickets while they hide a serious injury. Without saying it they try to tell you their FA signing in 2010 cant play heavy minutes even though they dont start him and play him because he isnt really good anymore. 20 million for a guy who plays 10 games and is out for another 6 months.

D-Leethal
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Knicks have personality? Does that mean they win the tattoo contest. LMAO!!!!!

No, thats not what it means. But yes, they probably would win the tattoo contest.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
You guys are "proud" of anything Billy King brings in. Its kinda sad really. You and and that idiot Wavey first and most of all. But its cool. What else to look forward to being a Nets fan, right? ;) You have your offseason.

Knicks have had plenty of years where their offseason was the best part of their season also.

And I think Billy King is an idiot. Got ripped off on nearly every trade he made.

The KG-Pierce deal is his best, as he didn't let Ainge rip him off, and Danny could have.

D-Leethal
08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Proky is still riding on his high horse but once you guys start to feel the wrath of the picks that were thrown away and the short sighted moves you have made for these 1 or 2 years, you will start to look at him with a similar tone to how Knicks fans viewed Isiah/Dolan regime. Your just not there yet, but theres gonna be no way to avoid getting there - its inevitable for you guys.

BigBlueCrew
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Proky is still riding on his high horse but once you guys start to feel the wrath of the picks that were thrown away and the short sighted moves you have made for these 1 or 2 years, you will start to look at him with a similar tone to how Knicks fans viewed Isiah/Dolan regime. Your just not there yet, but theres gonna be no way to avoid getting there - its inevitable for you guys.

I cant wait til ESPN eats it. Those stupid morons. "what happened to KG and Paul pierce ??!?!?!" "they got old you jackasses!!!!"

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Knick fans would certainly know about short-sighted moves. Thanks for the consultation.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM

it doesnt matter, he has money to buy picks and we arent a rebuilding team. We will NEVER rebuild again. 2016 Nets are going to have INSANE cap space. Players want to play for an owner like that, a coach like Kidd and a brand new arena. Nets will never rebuild during the Mikhail regime.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
it doesnt matter, he has money to buy picks and we arent a rebuilding team. We will NEVER rebuild again. 2016 Nets are going to have INSANE cap space. Players want to play for an owner like that, a coach like Kidd and a brand new arena. Nets will never rebuild during the Mikhail regime.

NEVER say NEVER

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Knick fans would certainly know about short-sighted moves. Thanks for the consultation.

LOL not only does he know that, he mentions it in the post you are replying to. You are the most disagreeable poster i've seen on here in a while, and that is saying something.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL not only does he know that, he mentions it in the post you are replying to. You are the most disagreeable poster i've seen on here in a while, and that is saying something.

And you would know about being disagreeable, but you don't know much about the NBA.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:31 PM
And you would know about being disagreeable, but you don't know much about the NBA.

So you keep telling me.. Actually, thats all you have told me.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
So you keep telling me.. Actually, thats all you have told me.

That's all you understand

colinskik
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Now tell me what the hell Raymond Felton knows about New York?

Now tell me why this is relevant. You keep avoiding the question.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Now tell me why this is relevant. You keep avoiding the question.

It's relevant because it is the name of this thread.

Felton giving his opinion on NYC and it's fans.

Honestly, are you a moron?

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:45 PM
That's all you understand

hmmm... lets recount how this has gone..

Knicks fans: NY is the Mecca
You: "Indiana disagrees"
Me: well, Indiana certainly has a right to disagree.
You: sarcastic one liner

Nets fan: Knicks fans don't stick by their team
Me: thats not true, we routinely sold out during a decade of awfulness
You: Sarcastic one liner
Me: is that really necessary?
You: "i don't know what hyperbole means, you're an idiot!"

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Out of Nets starting 5 and Knicks starting 5 who do you think will sell more combined in jerseys?

Felton
Shumpert
Anthony
Bargnani
Chandler

or

Williams
Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

that will tell you whos NY's team

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
hmmm... lets recount how this has gone..

Knicks fans: NY is the Mecca
You: "Indiana disagrees"
Me: well, Indiana certainly has a right to disagree.
You: sarcastic one liner

Nets fan: Knicks fans don't stick by their team
Me: thats not true, we routinely sold out during a decade of awfulness
You: Sarcastic one liner
Me: is that really necessary?
You: "i don't know what hyperbole means, you're an idiot!"
NYK has a lot more fans since 2010 then it did from 04-10. You maybe stuck by your team but a lot of them didnt and a lot of them are new fans/ bandwagoners/ or back to being fans now that they have Melo/Amare.

colinskik
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
It's relevant because it is the name of this thread.

Felton giving his opinion on NYC and it's fans.

Honestly, are you a moron?

Then how is Paul Pierce qualified to give his opinion on which team runs the city? At least Felton has played in NY and has experience with the city and its fans.

Stop getting your depends all in a twist, gramps. Just asking questions. Sheesh.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Then how is Paul Pierce qualified to give his opinion on which team runs the city? At least Felton has played in NY and has experience with the city and its fans.

Stop getting your depends all in a twist, gramps. Just asking questions. Sheesh.

Paul Pierce is a hall of famer people respect his opinion, people read that in the paper and are like wow. People publishing a Felton quote people are like who is that?

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
NYK has a lot more fans since 2010 then it did from 04-10. You maybe stuck by your team but a lot of them didnt and a lot of them are new fans/ bandwagoners/ or back to being fans now that they have Melo/Amare.

This is partly true, at least by where i live. Right when we picked up 'Melo i started seeing Knick jerseys everywhere. (Cuse connection)

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
You claim to be an old guy yet post like you're a child.

And clearly you haven't figured out what hyperbole means.
i know, and he still apparently doesn't know what hyperbole means.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 03:00 PM
You claim to be an old guy yet post like you're a child.

And clearly you haven't figured out what hyperbole means.

So you are claiming a hyperbole after the fact?

And he still hasn't admitted that's what he said, even though it's in print in this thread.

That is hyperbull, sonny.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2013, 03:02 PM

And he still hasn't admitted that's what he said, even though it's in print in this thread.

lmfao is it usually claimed before the fact?

colinskik
08-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Paul Pierce is a hall of famer people respect his opinion, people read that in the paper and are like wow. People publishing a Felton quote people are like who is that?

But PP has no connection to NY, so according to Humpty Dumpty nobody should listen to him.

colinskik
08-20-2013, 03:12 PM

Um, what? Do you read what you write before you post? It's non-nonsensical. Plus, I already explained to you that Kash was using hyperbole in an earlier post, as did he. And there's nothing to admit to since hyperbole is an exaggeration for effect. There's your definition.

Captain Moroni
08-20-2013, 03:13 PM
What the hell does Felton know about NYC and its fans?

Yeah, what he should have said is "We have no chance against the mighty Nets" that would have gone over well.

Rockice_8
08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Wow this is just getting ******** now. The Nets don't have the fan base the Knicks do how is this even an argument. The Nets will carve their niche in NY and will finally have a strong fan base even if it won't ever be as strong as NY's but who honestly cares about that. The Nets can certainly run the city when they are good but when it comes down to it it'll probably always lean slightly towards the Knicks. It doesn't matter though, not one bit.

Mighty Humph you haven't made a legit argument in this whole thread. Not a single post of this whole thread was a positive contribution, you need to just stop embarrassing Nets fans (if you even are one). Anyone can have an opinion Felton, Pierce etc on the rivalry. You don't need to be a NY resident or the damn mayor to have an opinion, you can have one.

Pierce never said take over the city so not sure where Felton got his quote from but the Nets can certainly run this city if they win this year, which right now looks like they are in better position to do.

KnickaBocka.44
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Well, that took a while lol

D-Leethal
08-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Baffles my mind how I get banned in 3 hours and **** like that goes on for days.

knicksfan1794
08-22-2013, 12:54 PM
The Nets were called the New York Nets. They played in Nassau, LI

I believe the NY Giants and the NY Jets play in New Jersey, correct?

1- they didn't play in Nassau, long island they played in West Hempstead the park where I ball is a block away don't even try to argue with me

2- How is that proving your case that NY isn't the Mecca of basketball?

3- So please tell me where your going with this?

Rockice_8
08-22-2013, 03:24 PM
1- they didn't play in Nassau, long island they played in West Hempstead the park where I ball is a block away don't even try to argue with me

2- How is that proving your case that NY isn't the Mecca of basketball?

3- So please tell me where your going with this?

Isn't West Hempstead in Nassau County? If you want to get technical I guess they did play in Nassau. The Nets moved around alot. They went from Commack to West Hempstead to eventually Uniondale.

Pretty much all over Long Island they were.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2013, 03:36 PM
If Melo were to say this I could take it seriously but Felton? What is a Raymond Felton? I don't want to hear anything from him but "I just got off the treadmill and am about to go shoot 2000 jumpers."

Seizabmc
08-22-2013, 08:03 PM
When the knicks and nets meet in Brooklyn and 50% of the crowd is cheering for the knicks( maybe more) than I would say that the knicks still run this city!! And ray ray has every right to be standing up for his team and New York because this will be his third season as a knick. He should have a lot more say than Paul pierce who hasn't even played a single game yet for bk! The bottom line is that this is and always will be a New York knick city , in all Burroughs including Brooklyn! The knicks run this sit!! Hands down and we always will. it don't matter who plays better or who wins more games. Which by the way who won the Atlantic division last year? Oh yea that's right it was the knicks!!!!! And who made it further in the playoffs ? Oh yeah that's right it was the knicks!!!! And who did we beat to advance to the 2nd round? Oh yeah that's right we put a smack down on Paul pierce and Kevin garnet!!! So he has no right to be talking smack!!! Knicks tape all day everyday!! We run this city!

ohreally
08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
When the knicks and nets meet in Brooklyn and 50% of the crowd is cheering for the knicks( maybe more) than I would say that the knicks still run this city!! And ray ray has every right to be standing up for his team and New York because this will be his third season as a knick. He should have a lot more say than Paul pierce who hasn't even played a single game yet for bk! The bottom line is that this is and always will be a New York knick city , in all Burroughs including Brooklyn! The knicks run this sit!! Hands down and we always will. it don't matter who plays better or who wins more games. Which by the way who won the Atlantic division last year? Oh yea that's right it was the knicks!!!!! And who made it further in the playoffs ? Oh yeah that's right it was the knicks!!!! And who did we beat to advance to the 2nd round? Oh yeah that's right we put a smack down on Paul pierce and Kevin garnet!!! So he has no right to be talking smack!!! Knicks tape all day everyday!! We run this city!

Knicks smacked down a team five spots behind them, who had Garnett as their only big, Pierce totally burnt from playing too many roles over too long a stretch, with no point guard, in six games. Smackdown it wasn't.

Nets need some time, but if they play to their potential this year they will establish a good solid fan base, especially in Brooklyn, which, by the way, together with da Bronx, is and always was, the real New York.