PDA

View Full Version : Is The Best Of Doc's Legacy Yet To Come?

Clippersfan86
08-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Lately I'm seeing a lot of talk about Doc being overrated and all this stuff and it got me thinking. Doc's so called glory days in Boston were with well passed prime stars. They had outstanding success and aged well but the whole thing lasted just 5 years, 4 at a true contender level. 1 ring, 3 ECF appearances including the 2008 championship year.

Doc is just 51 years old and has many many years left in coaching it can be safely assumed. Now he goes to a team with a young, still not prime core (outside of CP3 who recently turned 28 and is in prime). Blake is 24, DJ just turned 25, Bullock is 22 and in general the key pieces going forward are pretty young. Is it unrealistic to think that the Clippers could potential win 1 ring, have a couple WCF appearances and even more longevity as a top tier team with the duo of Blake and CP3 in say a decade of Doc coaching?

Not saying they will ever be the 2008 Celtics which are an all time great team. Just saying in terms of sustained success and chances at a ring, this team seems to have far more upside due to being much younger and having the stars and good depth. Thoughts?

TheMightyHumph
08-16-2013, 07:21 PM
We'll find out soon

Trueblue2
08-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Doc is 51 but thats like 65 in black years.

cmellofan15
08-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Doc is 51 but thats like 65 in black years.

Probably the dumbest post I've ever read.

But with that being said I'm not sure he has a chance at another title as long as LeBron an Kevin Durant are still around.

bearadonisdna
08-17-2013, 03:21 AM

But with that being said I'm not sure he has a chance at another title as long as LeBron an Kevin Durant are still around.

U mean as long as he is coaching the Clippers.

JLynn943
08-17-2013, 03:39 AM
He's walking into a great roster, so it should be. I'm skeptical because I think he's overrated, but he's still a good enough coach that he should be able to well with the roster he's inheriting.

SMH!
08-17-2013, 03:48 AM

it was just a horrible attempt at being funny :oldguy: