PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sanders, Milwaukee closing in on 4 year, 44 million extension

MonroeFAN
08-16-2013, 04:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--center-larry-sanders-nearing-extension-with-bucks-160455075.html

Didn't see a topic on this yet. Seems like fair value for a player of his caliber, but I'm questioning whether a Sanders, Henson front court could work together.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-16-2013, 04:58 PM
wow terrible...they could have got him cheaper than that

Hawkeye15
08-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Honestly, I am torn on the amount. If his numbers take a jump like they did last year, this is beyond worth it. But if what we saw last year is what we will get going forward, or even just slightly better, it's an overpay.

I tend to lean in the "this will be a steal in 2 years" direction.

Chronz
08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I love Sanders, definitely a must for them. Too bad they couldn't sign him cheaply the year prior to his breakout, if they could have gotten him for 7-8M, it could have been one of those bargains that sustains success like Detroit got with Ben Wallace + Billups

FOXHOUND
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I think this is an awesome signing. Sanders is a great defensive player and rim protecter. Unlike Ibaka his blocks aren't the result of aggressive chasing while allowing a high % at the rim. He's the real deal shot blocker and having him with an average of $11M per season that runs through his season as a 28-year old will be a steal. He and John Henson are going to form one tall, lanky annoying forest in the paint for opposing players to venture into.

If Giannis Adetokunbo can develop well and add yet another long, athletic front court player to this team they can really be good in a few years and a defensive nightmare.

Chucky Woods
08-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Great, going to be a steal.

5ass
08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I love Sanders, definitely a must for them. Too bad they couldn't sign him cheaply the year prior to his breakout, if they could have gotten him for 7-8M, it could have been one of those bargains that sustains success like Detroit got with Ben Wallace + Billups

They still saved like 3 mill per year. If they waited for FA he would probably get the max. I wanted him to hit FA so Orlando can overpay to get him. He would've been a great compliement to Vuc.

5ass
08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I expect close to 13-11-3.5 and DPOY from him next year.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Great deal for both parties. When you look at the last few center contracts like Chandler, Jordan, McGee in this defensive anchor mold... Sanders is actually the best bargain of the group with the most upside easily.

IndyRealist
08-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Great deal for both parties. When you look at the last few center contracts like Chandler, Jordan, McGee in this defensive anchor mold... Sanders is actually the best bargain of the group with the most upside easily.

When you put it that way, I agree 100%. He basically got the same money as Jordan and McGee and is a better defensive player.

MrfadeawayJB
08-16-2013, 10:21 PM
$11 mil a year is not too bad. I still worry his build may be concern for injury. Deandre Jordan is making the same $$$ so it doesn't seem to bad

Quinnsanity
08-16-2013, 10:23 PM
This is either gonna be a steal or the second coming of the Ibaka deal. Either way, LARRY SANDERS!

TheMightyHumph
08-17-2013, 12:11 AM
That's a nice sum of money

SugeKnight
08-17-2013, 02:21 AM
That is a bargain. Good signing by Milwaukee

arlubas
08-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Good signing for the Bucks obviously, Larry Sanders has only progressed ever since he entered the league and I expect him to do the same this season as well cause he has shown so far that he is a worker and wants to learn and improve. Just don't expect him to all of a sudden hit the 20 mark on the PPG stat. He's getting better at finishing around the rim though and the fact that true bigs in the L are extinct nowadays only helps him and his thin stature.

2-ONE-5
08-17-2013, 05:08 AM
They still saved like 3 mill per year. If they waited for FA he would probably get the max. I wanted him to hit FA so Orlando can overpay to get him. He would've been a great compliement to Vuc.

no way he would get a max

Antipod
08-17-2013, 05:27 AM
If he was 7ft1 he would`ve gotten a max :D
Decent bigs are so overpriced ...