PDA

View Full Version : Name teams that are 'stacked' the most at any particular position

Knick_Fever
08-16-2013, 02:19 PM
PG: MAVS- Ellis, Calderon, Larkin, Harris, Mekel

SG: SPURS- Green, Ginobili, Belineli

SF: WIZARDS- Webster, Ariza, Porter

PF: CAVS: Bennett, Thompson, Clark

C: CAVS: Bynum, Verajao, Zeller
Rockets: Howard, Asik, Camby

gatkins11
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Off the top of my head, Houston at C: Howard and Asik.

dhopisthename
08-16-2013, 02:31 PM
I would take the blazers over the mavs

lillard-mo will-mccullum

Guppyfighter
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
When I see the Mavs PG situation I don't think "STACKED."

Cavs are stacked at point guard.

Knick_Fever
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I would take the blazers over the mavs

lillard-mo will-mccullum

I like it, more depth talent in the pg position for sure.

Knick_Fever
08-16-2013, 02:39 PM
When I see the Mavs PG situation I don't think "STACKED."

Cavs are stacked at point guard.

You're right, I think the Irving, Jack combo is definitely better in terms of talent but in terms of quality talent and depth (what I refer to 'stacked') then I'll say the Mavs. There's a lot of teams with a deep inventory at a particular position but are not necessarily solid backups.

TrueFan420
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
SF: iggy, Barnes and green

diu9leilomo
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
heat,

SF - Lebron, Lebron, Lebron

king4day
08-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't say the Cavs are stacked at PF. We haven't seen Bennett play yet and Thompson hasn't done enough to warrant the talk either. Clark is good but is he a PF or SF?

I like diu9leilomo's remark. Lebron alone means you're stacked at SF.

Guppyfighter
08-16-2013, 02:51 PM
If quality of talent through each string than it has to be Rockets at PG. 1-3 string are all quality players you can plug in and handle the ball for a good amount of time. All run pick and roll good.

Knick_Fever
08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
heat,

lol, absolutely.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Nets at SF: Pierce-AK-JJ (when they play small)

MrfadeawayJB
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Not a position but rockets are stacked with perimeter shooting even more so than last year.

nycericanguy
08-16-2013, 03:16 PM
NY at PF

Melo, MWP, Amare, Bargs, Kmart

Not all of those guys will play PF but they all can and all will see time there.

MonroeFAN
08-16-2013, 03:43 PM
mm, interesting choice listing the Cavs twice here. Pretty riddled depth.

Rockice_8
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Nets at SF: Pierce-AK-JJ (when they play small)

Yeah even Alan Anderson can play there too. At 6'8" I think JJ might be better suited for SF anyway. Wouldn't consider that really going small.

I like them At C as well. Lopez/Blatche/Plumlee/KG can all handle the C spot. They are stacked at those two positions for sure.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Clippers at SG have Reddick, Crawford, Green all guys who have been starting some in recent years that could start for a few teams at least.

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 07:02 PM
By "stacked the most," I'm assuming you're looking for the teams with the most overall talent at each position:

PG - Clippers (Chris Paul, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Maalik Wayns)
SG - Rockets (James Harden, Francisco Garcia, Reggie Williams, BJ Young)
SF - Heat (LeBron James, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, James Jones)
PF - Minnesota (Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Dante Cunningham, Chris Johnson)
C - Rockets (Dwight Howard, Omer Asik, Marcus Camby, Greg Smith, Donatas Motiejunas)

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 07:06 PM
PG: MAVS- Ellis, Calderon, Larkin, Harris, Mekel

SG: SPURS- Green, Ginobili, Belineli

SF: WIZARDS- Webster, Ariza, Porter

PF: CAVS: Bennett, Thompson, Clark

C: CAVS: Bynum, Verajao, Zeller
Rockets: Howard, Asik, Camby

And the idiot said – oh wait, no; that was actually Knicks_Fever.

Knick_Fever
08-16-2013, 07:33 PM
By "stacked the most," I'm assuming you're looking for the teams with the most overall talent at each position:

PG - Clippers (Chris Paul, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Maalik Wayns)
SG - Rockets (James Harden, Francisco Garcia, Reggie Williams, BJ Young)
SF - Heat (LeBron James, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, James Jones)
PF - Minnesota (Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Dante Cunningham, Chris Johnson)
C - Rockets (Dwight Howard, Omer Asik, Marcus Camby, Greg Smith, Donatas Motiejunas)

I mean the best talent in terms of depth at each position, not the most players that can play the position, as you've indicated (at least I hope because you named reggie williams, young, johnson, jones, ways). Those guys are not exactly good, let alone see much playing time.

And the idiot (mrblisterdundee) said
"Im the only one on this thread who doesnt get it"

lol

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 07:45 PM
I mean the best talent in terms of depth at each position, not the most players that can play the position, as you've indicated (at least I hope because you named reggie williams, young, johnson, jones, ways). Those guys are not exactly good, let alone see much playing time.

And the idiot (mrblisterdundee) said
"Im the only one on this thread who doesnt get it"

lol

I listed the teams I think are most talented overall at each position. You'll notice that each team I picked has the best player at their position in the entire NBA. The others, although not that talented in their own right, do add to the overall "depth" of that position.
You made some crappy choices – I'm not sure so many people would agree with you that Ellis and Calderon are better than Paul and Collison – but I have to give you credit for at least not choosing the Knicks anywhere.
But seriously, dude; even Collison has a higher efficiency rating and more win shares than Ellis.

lukass
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Golden States wing positions

FOXHOUND
08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I think the idea of the thread is talent + depth = answer, rather than just saying well LeBron is better than your two SFs combined so LeBron + his shoes > your team's SFs. I'm going to answer with that mind set.

PG - Oklahoma City (Westbrook, Jackson)
SG - Golden State (Thompson, Iguodala)
SF - Golden State (Iguodala, Barnes)
PF - New York (Melo/MWP, Amare, Bargnani, Martin)
C - Houston (Howard, Asik, Camby)

PG was the toughest for me, for some reason. I ultimately picked OKC because I really liked what I saw from Reggie Jackson in the postseason having to step into the starting role. I think he's going to have a really nice season, and I expect that we'll end up seeing a fair share of a Jackson-Westbrook backcourt playing out there with WB guarding SGs since the team doesn't have a strong backup SG to replace Thabo anymore.

Golden State's is odd, isn't it? lukass said the same, and I definitely agree with him. That wing trio is going to be wonderful to watch. You have three really good players spread out over the two positions. If I had to pick a different team to mix it up I guess I would go Indiana at SF with George, Granger. That may actually be better, depending on what Granger looks like.

The Knicks had the best PER differential at PF in the NBA last season, thanks to Carmelo Anthony playing there so often and doing a surprisingly good job on the defensive end of the court there as the Knicks allowed the 2nd fewest points from the PF position in the NBA. While he may play less there this season I think the depth of Amare, Bargnani, Martin, and I put Melo/MWP since I expect when they're on together that MWP will guard the PF, no doubt gives the Knicks the deepest talent at the position.

Rockets at C is pretty easy. Asik may be the best backup C in the NBA, so combining that with the best C in the NBA is a no brainer.

Edit: Wow, I don't know why I forgot about Brooklyn at SF. SF is actually the toughest now that I think about it. GS, Indiana and BK all have really good duos there. I'm not really sure which one I would pick. I think I would lean towards Indiana as long as Granger proves he can still be a good player.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Nets SG: joe Johnson, Jason terry, Alan Anderson. Dwill will definitely be playing a bit of 2 as well with Livingston at the one. Pierce can play 2 when we go big (dwill pierce ak)

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I think the idea of the thread is talent + depth = answer

PG - Oklahoma City (Westbrook, Jackson)
SG - Golden State (Thompson, Iguodala)
SF - Golden State (Iguodala, Barnes)
PF - New York (Melo/MWP, Amare, Bargnani, Martin)
C - Houston (Howard, Asik, Camby)

If talent and depth are the answer, then what are your choices based on? Not to mention that you just listed Carmelo Anthony and Metta World Peace as power forward. Dear God; Knicks fans are total idiots.

HYFR
08-16-2013, 09:23 PM
^ melo played the 4 last year champ...

08-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Denver nuggets PG: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Nate Robinson.......

thats 3 starters, all PG's.

can anyone disagree with that

*Silver&Black*
08-17-2013, 02:04 AM
If we are talking natural position (and not forcing into a position due to an overload):

PF: Al Horford/Paul Millsap/Elton Brand

HouRealCoach
08-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Kobe, Meeks, Wesley, & Nick Young.. SHEESH!!!!

JLynn943
08-17-2013, 03:46 AM
not going to say it's the best because it clearly lacks a marquee player, but the Kings have a lot of good depth at PF: Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Patrick Patterson, Chuck Hayes. Plus I think Mbah a Moute plays it sometimes, too.

BBallfan8
08-17-2013, 11:21 AM
The only reason Carmelo Anthony started playing power forward is because New York signed on to the NBA's worst contract, a.k.a. Amare Stoudemire. Last I checked he's on the verge of being put back at small forward with the signing of Andrea Bargnani and the return of Stoudemire.
If you're taking that tack, then Miami would win at power forward, as LeBron James is significantly better at it and often plays the position. And with Greg Oden and Chris Anderson at center, Chris Bosh can also play at power forward. The transitions of James and Anthony are driven out of necessity and a weak point in the front court.

Wrong again... the reason Melo played PF is because he is more successful at that position. He is strong and quick, which allows him to be very efficient in the post. In fact, even with a potentially healthy amare playing 20 mpg at PF and Bargs and Martin also needing some minutes there, there is still talk of Melo playing a chunk of his minutes at PF.

bearadonisdna
08-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Bulls at sf-
Deng. Butler, Dunleavy, Snell

slashsnake
08-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Nuggets at PG. Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye...

Goose17
08-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Nuggets at PG deserves a mention.

Warriors wing players; Iggy - Klay - Barnes - Green - Bazemore.

Nedovic is going to be more of a combo guard.

We also have one of the best defensive and rebounding big men rotations, unfortunately it's also one of the most questionable big men rotations due to health reasons. Bogut - Ezeli - O'Neal.

bagwell368
08-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Poor modern fans... stacked is the 1983 76'ers, 1986 Celts, 1987 Lakers, 1989 Pistons, 1967 76'ers, 1962 Celts, 72 Lakers, etc. Stacked teams, not just positions.

I guess it's all relative..

Nycbball08
08-18-2013, 11:53 AM
The Sixers stacked with scrubs at every position..!!

JLynn943
08-18-2013, 02:45 PM
but this thread is about current teams with positions that they're stacked at, not about all-time great teams

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Kobe, Meeks, Wesley, & Nick Young.. SHEESH!!!!

What is that, a gimp and 3 Vets' Min players?

TheMightyHumph
08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Nets at Pf

Garnett
Blatche
AK47
Reggie Evans

Plumlee

Mirza

TrueFan420
08-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Nets at Pf

Garnett
Blatche
AK47
Reggie Evans

Plumlee

Mirza

Ak47 is a small forward. Will he play power forward in small ball line up yes. But not a power forward. Thought blatche was considered a center.

Still good bunch tho.

R. Johnson#3
08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Dubs at SF: Iggy, Barnes, Green

TheMightyHumph
08-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Ak47 is a small forward. Will he play power forward in small ball line up yes. But not a power forward. Thought blatche was considered a center.

Still good bunch tho.

Blatche may have played Center last season, but he is a PF.

And AK is a better PF than he is a SF.

LBJ6
08-19-2013, 01:11 AM
heat,

I say Heat at PF- Bosh and Lebron
Heat at SG - Wade and Lebron

TrueFan420
08-19-2013, 03:11 AM
Blatche may have played Center last season, but he is a PF.

And AK is a better PF than he is a SF.
No he's not and he's a sf has been his whole career. I don't question that he can look good there for stretches but he is a sf.

TrueFan420
08-19-2013, 03:21 AM

Also heat at center- Lebron, wade, bosh, Ray Allen, haslem etc.

People natural positions here. If a team likes to play small ball to get their best talent on the roster on the court at the same time that doesn't make said players where ever they are being pigeonholed that position.

Ex. Suns with Marion at pf and amare at center. Amare is a pf and Marion is a sf but that suns team liked to run and played players out of position.

Ty_Lawson
08-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Denver at PF: Faried, Hickson, Arthur, Randolph, Miller

Oefarmy2005
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM

PG - Chalmers, Wade, Lebron. I don't think it's fair using players that can play multiple positions and be good/great at it - it should be based on the position where they actually play most minutes.

TheMightyHumph
08-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Denver at PF: Faried, Hickson, Arthur, Randolph, Miller

Don't want to count Danilo?

Ty_Lawson
08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Don't want to count Danilo?

He is SF, but can play PF, if i'm about to count him, then i can also count Chandler, but everyone said true PFs, not players that can play PF...

torocan
08-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Easy choice at C. Rockets with Howard, Asik and Camby. 2 top 10 C's AND a former DPOY at the C position? That's just nuts.

I can't think of another team that has 2 top 10 players at the same position AND a good 3rd string. Asik is one of the best starting Centers in the NBA and he's the back up... Heck, Camby could play back up C on a ton of teams.

urban85disciple
08-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Players playing multiple positions by nature makes this a little more difficult (i.e. Jamal Crawford, KG, Greg Monroe/Josh Smith, Brand/Horford, etc).

PG: Clippers - Paul, Collison or Nuggets - Lawson, Miller, Robinson
SG: Pelicans - Gordon, Evans, Rivers, Morrow
SF: Warriors - Iggy, Klay, Barnes or Heat - Lebron, Jones, Lewis, Battier or Pacers - George, Granger
PF: Hawks - Horford, Milsap, Brand or Pistons - Smith, Monroe
C: Rockets - D12, Asik, Camby or Nets - KG, Lopez, Blatche