PDA

View Full Version : Under-25 Talent Rankings, Position No. 4

mrblisterdundee
08-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I've always been more excited about up-and-coming teams rather than established contenders. An ESPN poll on the subject piqued my interest. So:
Rank each of the NBA's 30 teams based on the overall talent of their players who will start this season younger than 25 years old.
The NBA season begins Oct. 29. A player must still be 24 years old on that date to be considered as part of an overall judgement of a team's under-25 talent base.
Some of you need to check the birthdays of your favorite 24-year-old players, too. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry and others all turn 25 before Oct. 29.
I'll rely on you to do your homework on how old various players are, unless you want to look like a doofus. There's a poll on ESPN that shows which players on a team are under 25 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9550791/nba-teams-25-talent) just check the birth dates of the 24-year-olds before making them part of your decision.
In a tiebreaker poll, the Pelicans beat the Rockets. So the Pelicans are second and the Rockets third.

1. Thunder
2. Pelicans
3. Rockets

mrblisterdundee
08-15-2013, 07:50 PM
After some research, I decided to go with the Pistons. Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe both have PERs right around 20. Monroe's kind of an established low post talent, and everything about Drummond points to him becoming an absolute beast.
I personally think Brandon Jennings is going to find a nice niche in Detroit, if he can learn to play smarter, which I think he will playing next to Chauncey Billups. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope also looks fairly talented.

Jumba
08-15-2013, 11:00 PM
The Jazz here, and honestly the Jazz above the Rockets. Factor that Utah doesn't have a superstar like Harden, but the rest of the young talent around Houston doesn't measure to Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks, Trey Burke and future talents in Rudy Gobert.

rockets-fan
08-15-2013, 11:30 PM
The Jazz here, and honestly the Jazz above the Rockets. Factor that Utah doesn't have a superstar like Harden, but the rest of the young talent around Houston doesn't measure to Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks, Trey Burke and future talents in Rudy Gobert.

Parsons
Montejunas (look him up he will impress you)
Jones
Beverly
Cannan
He'll even Lin has potential.....

Just cause you don't know a team as good as you do your own doesnt mean yours is better....from the jazz I like Trey Burke,Favors, Kanter, the rest are no better than Houston's young guns to be honest. And anyways you can't just exclude Harden...he under 24...he counts. He alone make the rockets young guys better than utahs

RipCity32
08-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Cavs

Oefarmy2005
08-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Homer pick here - Wolves:

Love(for 1 more month), Rubio, Buddinger(I guess he is 25 - so disregard him), Derrick Williams with Muhhamad, and Dieng as more or less unknowns.

Non homer pick - probably GS.

mjt20mik
08-16-2013, 10:52 AM
I'd have to go with the Cavs

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Homer pick here - Wolves:

Love(for 1 more month), Rubio, Buddinger(I guess he is 25 - so disregard him), Derrick Williams with Muhhamad, and Dieng as more or less unknowns.

Non homer pick - probably GS.

I gave the directions right in the original post and mentioned how Love is one of those star players turning 25 by the start of the season. He shouldn't factor into your decision.
Is it so impossible to get some people on this website to do a minimal amount of reading and research? The directions are pretty clear.

WoodsyRaps
08-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Cavs

Klivlend
08-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Cavs

Jumba
08-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Parsons
Montejunas (look him up he will impress you)
Jones
Beverly
Cannan
He'll even Lin has potential.....

Just cause you don't know a team as good as you do your own doesnt mean yours is better....from the jazz I like Trey Burke,Favors, Kanter, the rest are no better than Houston's young guns to be honest. And anyways you can't just exclude Harden...he under 24...he counts. He alone make the rockets young guys better than utahs

I know what your team is, and I dont think you know what Utah's is. Please tell me who Jones is better than on the Jazz? Favors? No. Kanter? no. Maybe Evans... and thats not much. Montejunes has played 538 min in one season. Is 7 feet tall, and averages 1 rb. He must be ****in amazing. I'll be sure to watch tape on his box outs, if I can see him play other than on the bench.

Harden is in a planet all his own, but the talent around him thats young doesn't equal the quality of talent that the Jazz have. One player does not make an under 25 team.