PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you believe will surprise fans the most this coming season?

Mile High Champ
08-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Please don't pick your own team. What other team do you believe will surprise people in a big way. I am not talking about teams like Miami or OKC but teams that are under the radar as contenders or team that could make a good playoff push this coming season than many are not expecting.

WadeKobe
08-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Hawks = good
Lakers = bad

Monta is beast
08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Timberwolves are gonna be a surprise team.

cvietti23
08-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Portland will be good I think. I think my team will surprise people as well.

Ebbs
08-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Detroit will be contending for a playoff spot.. Despite a team of what PSD believes to be chucker's.

SugeKnight
08-15-2013, 07:25 PM
I have Dallas as the 7/8 seed, which would probably surprise some people

SportsFanatic10
08-15-2013, 07:27 PM
the wolves, i think this is the year they catch some luck to stay fairly healthy and love leads them to the playoffs.

sunsfan88
08-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Lakers. I think they will make playoffs.

dalton749
08-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I have Dallas as the 7/8 seed, which would probably surprise some people

a team with calderon, monta, dirk= no defense so I cant see it

ManRam
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't really have an uncommon sleeper team. Washington, Cleveland and Minny seem like trendy picks to make the playoffs, and I would predict that right now as well. Portland and New Orleans will be in contention as well. Those 5 I guess would be my surprises, but I'm not making too bold of a claim with any of them. If I had to make a "bold" prediction I'd predict Portland making the playoffs, I guess.

I don't know who I think will disappoint. I think Denver is gonna struggle a bit, but they still should make the playoffs especially if Gallo is healthy. I don't think predicting the Knicks to win fewer games is a shocker. I think the Lakers' defense will keep them out of the playoffs, but that again isn't an uncommon choice.

tredigs
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
a team with calderon, monta, dirk= no defense so I cant see it

Better than the Lakers D.

The 7/8 spot will be interesting, but I'm going Wolves. Though I don't love their recent moves.

ohreally
08-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Bullets, Cavs, Hawks, Lakers, Sun

lol, please
08-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Rockets will do worse than expected, Kings will do better than expected.

BHF
08-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Raptors will be good this season i cant believe some people think Pistons are better LOL

D-Leethal
08-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Boston will sneak into the playoffs.

Bishnoff
08-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Cavs.

MrfadeawayJB
08-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Timberwolves if healthy. They can be a 6-8 seed and give playoff teams some trouble

Mcdoh
08-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Cavs (w/ healthy bynum), lakers (w/ healthy nash kobe and pau), Twolves, Portland, Pelicans..

Chacarron
08-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Bobcats will make the 8th seed in the East. KembaSwag taking over this year.

Hellcrooner
08-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Assuming no health trouble along the way:

Will do as good or bad as expected: Celtics, Sixers,Heat,Magic,Pistons,Bulls,Bucks,Pacers,Clipp ers, Suns, Warriors, Thunder, Jazz, Blazers.

Will Exceed Expectations: nets, Bobcats, Cavs,Mavs, Lakers, Wolves.

Will not meet expectations : Raptors, Knicks ,Hawks, Wizards,Spurs,Grizzlies,Rockets,Gooses,Kings, Nuggets,

dalton749
08-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Assuming no health trouble along the way:

Will do as good or bad as expected: Celtics, Sixers,Heat,Magic,Pistons,Bulls,Bucks,Pacers,Clipp ers, Suns, Warriors, Thunder, Jazz, Blazers.

Will Exceed Expectations: nets, Bobcats, Cavs,Mavs, Lakers, Wolves.

Will not meet expectations : Raptors, Knicks ,Hawks, Wizards,Spurs,Grizzlies,Rockets,Gooses,Kings, Nuggets,

What expectations do the raps have lol
We don't even know if they're tanking yet but it only comes down to overachieving and making like 6th seed or tanking hard

SlimKid
08-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Assuming Batum develops as expected, I'd say Portland if I can't be a homer..

carlthack
08-16-2013, 01:48 AM
The Lakers.

Dwight left, the Lakers are an older team, last year they couldnt stay healthy, Kobe is coming off an achilles injury. These are all reasons ESPN has them ranked 12th in the west and nobody seems to believe in them.

But if they can stay healthy, I see them winning 50+ games and making a deep run in the playoffs. I know D'antoni isnt the best coach but he has taken teams deep in the playoffs before. I know they dont have a great bench on paper but maybe Wesley Johnson might do as Trevor Ariza did and emerge as a tough defender and decent scorer.

Gasol will play center where he can utilize his post game and show that he is the 2nd-3rd best center in the league as he did back in '09 and '10 when Bynum was hurt. Kobe will shock the world and not miss a beat coming off surgery. Nick Young will emerge as one of the leagues deadliest 3pt shooters with Nash setting him up for countless wide open looks. Kaman I believe will be a good fit with the team and will look as he did when he was an all star with the Clippers. He may not start a lot of games but he'll still play some good minutes.

RollingWave
08-16-2013, 04:13 AM
I can't see it, first off, believing a bunch of old guys who were already hurt badly last year getting healthy isn't a very good bet, and more over , the Laker's already suspect supporting cast got much much worse.

If surprise means they win a lot more games than most people expect? I actually say Kings and Jazz. they probably win 30 some games, but most people have them a lot lower than that.

In the East... this is a tough one, I guess the Bucks and Raptors are teams that people see as way too low, some folks have the Bucks battling with the Sixers for last which is just absurd. they probably about the same as last year give or take a few. the Raptors might surprise and make the playoffs. their starting 5 actaully look very nice on paper, not sure if all the pieces fit but it seems more likely than say... the Pistons whom a lot of people are much higher on.

PurpleLynch
08-16-2013, 05:31 AM
I'd say the Pistons. They don't have great shooters,but they're a defensive juggernaut with a great rotation of bigs(Monroe,Smith,Drummond,Villanueva,Jerebko). If they play in a defensive style like 2004 Pistons,they can reach the po surely.

PurpleLynch
08-16-2013, 05:35 AM
And I hope the Lakers will do well also,but it will be hard. Anyway the Lakers are pretty a great match up to Detroit actually. We will have an attack mind,better shooter,but poorer defense if we don't acquire an sf and a pf.

RollingWave
08-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Detroit will be interesting, they have a lot of talent, but also a lot of moving parts, it's hard to see if it can all fit together right away. I think the perception of them is that they'll be in the mix for the last 2 playoff spots, probably somewhere between 38-42 win ... I think that's pretty fair, could go either way.

Lakers: I think they can finish better than 12 obviously, but even getting back the 8th seed again will be a major challenge, I think people forget that even if you assume Nash and Pau being healthy replace most of Dwight's value lost, Metta and Jamison were actually their #3 #4 highest win share contributor last year.

jericho
08-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Raptors will be good this season i cant believe some people think Pistons are better LOL

Probably because they are. :shrug:

ThaDubs
08-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Washington and J Dub will be MVP contender... assuming John stays healthy.

2-ONE-5
08-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Blazers for me. If McCollum is the real deal (i tihnk he is) I can see them finishing as high as 6 and possibly pulling off a first round upset

ManRam
08-16-2013, 10:18 AM
The Lakers.

Dwight left, the Lakers are an older team, last year they couldnt stay healthy, Kobe is coming off an achilles injury. These are all reasons ESPN has them ranked 12th in the west and nobody seems to believe in them.

But if they can stay healthy, I see them winning 50+ games and making a deep run in the playoffs. I know D'antoni isnt the best coach but he has taken teams deep in the playoffs before. I know they dont have a great bench on paper but maybe Wesley Johnson might do as Trevor Ariza did and emerge as a tough defender and decent scorer.

Gasol will play center where he can utilize his post game and show that he is the 2nd-3rd best center in the league as he did back in '09 and '10 when Bynum was hurt. Kobe will shock the world and not miss a beat coming off surgery. Nick Young will emerge as one of the leagues deadliest 3pt shooters with Nash setting him up for countless wide open looks. Kaman I believe will be a good fit with the team and will look as he did when he was an all star with the Clippers. He may not start a lot of games but he'll still play some good minutes.

You do realize that your prediction is reliant on basically everything that could possibly go right going right. That just won't happen. Some of that will be true (I think Pau has a great season,for example), but all of it? No way.

And once again, a positive prediction about the Lakers that doesn't mention something that's about half the game: defense...besides the Wes Johnson part. And Wes Johnson has never played defense like Ariza in his career, not even close really. So that's again banking on something that shouldn't be considered a sure-thing.

I think Kobe and Pau keep them in/close to contention for much of the season, but there are just too many teams on the upswing out West, and too many things need to go right to overcome their weaknesses.

Oefarmy2005
08-16-2013, 10:28 AM
I honestly think the Pelicans will be better than people think if they stay healthy.

kduce
08-16-2013, 11:06 AM
I was thinking about picking the Timberwolves, but every year they look like they could really make that next step and then they don't. Sorry Minni fans, I mean no disrespect by that it is just an observation that I've made. The story of that team is a warning to any team thinking of tanking and then building via the draft because it doesnt always work.

I think the Wizards could really come out do some work.
I would say the Pistons, but they are my team so I wont.
I also have a feeling the Lakers have been written off a little too early, that could motivate Kobe to elevate

MrfadeawayJB
08-16-2013, 11:11 AM
The Lakers.

Wait what??? Lakers win 50 games is a reach. Unless Kobe comes back and becomes the best player in the league again it's not happening. Maybe 42-45 wins

BHF
08-16-2013, 11:13 AM

yeah in a dream world or a video game they probably are.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I was thinking about picking the Timberwolves, but every year they look like they could really make that next step and then they don't. Sorry Minni fans, I mean no disrespect by that it is just an observation that I've made. The story of that team is a warning to any team thinking of tanking and then building via the draft because it doesnt always work.

I think the Wizards could really come out do some work.
I would say the Pistons, but they are my team so I wont.
I also have a feeling the Lakers have been written off a little too early, that could motivate Kobe to elevate

only homer fans of the Wolves think that way. Of course we shouldn't be given respect until we earn it.

Funny your last point. If we make the playoffs this season, only one player from our last 4 lottery picks will have even contributed, and that is DWill, with 20 mpg off the bench most likely. Kahn really **** the bed when it came to drafting.

Hellcrooner
08-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Wait what??? Lakers win 50 games is a reach. Unless Kobe comes back and becomes the best player in the league again it's not happening. Maybe 42-45 wins

yep, thats why i said they would " exceed expectations" cause espn has them at 12 with 36 wins wich i think is too few.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2013, 12:05 PM
yep, thats why i said they would " exceed expectations" cause espn has them at 12 with 36 wins wich i think is too few.

well, other sites/analysts might have them winning more games, but sure, I doubt any reputable site picks them to make the playoffs this season.

mrblisterdundee
08-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I think Toronto will surprise a lot of people. It's been so commonly mediocre, but it's got basically every position covered. Power forward is the weakest position, but it's not destitute with Tyler Hansbrough and Amir Johnson.
They have decent depth, a lot of variability to play big or small, a budding defensive anchor and a legitimate first option.

FOXHOUND
08-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm gonna go with the Hawks, for a non-Knicks answer.

I pick the Hawks for the same reason they were a surprise last season, they lost an overrated player that got too much credit for their success. Last year it was about how they lost Joe Johnson, this year it's about Josh Smith. As long as Horford is still there they're going to be a solid playoff team. I'm expecting Teague to take another step forward after a solid season, and without Josh Smith an expanded role could lead to him having a breakout season.

Adding to that Paul Millsap is always an under the radar, but an efficient and effective player. The signings of Carroll and Brand are solid and keeping Korver was big for them. I'm expecting them to hold on to that 6th seed, and be a better team than last year overall.

mjm07
08-16-2013, 12:50 PM
I might be in the minority but I like what the Pistons did this offseason bringing in J-Smoove and Jennings to pair up with the mountains in Monroe and drummund. Not sure how it'll work out but I wouldn't be shocked if they grab the 8th seed. That front court, come playoff, time will be hell for any team.

MrfadeawayJB
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM

well, other sites/analysts might have them winning more games, but sure, I doubt any reputable site picks them to make the playoffs this season.

Yes they may exceed expectations but the expectations are super low. 42-45 was in response to the delusional poster who said they will win 50 games and "everything would go right for LA's pieces"... I don't think they make the playoffs but if so it's as a 8 seed.

HOZ THE KNICK
08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
i love what the new orleans pelicans did but who will be there starting center?

jericho
08-16-2013, 07:41 PM

yeah in a dream world or a video game they probably are.

Dude I think you should wake up then the alarm is ringing and you are still believing that the raptors are better than the pistons

Damn you are in a dream within a dean within a dream lol

lukass
08-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Cavs
Wizards
Blazers
Pelicans
Wolves

AidanR4
08-16-2013, 09:46 PM
I personally think the Miami Heat are going to get knocked out of the second round of the playoffs this year. The Eastern Conference has gotten much stronger, especially the front courts of contending teams who should be eager to win.

Bravo95
08-17-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna go with the Hawks, for a non-Knicks answer.

I pick the Hawks for the same reason they were a surprise last season, they lost an overrated player that got too much credit for their success. Last year it was about how they lost Joe Johnson, this year it's about Josh Smith. As long as Horford is still there they're going to be a solid playoff team. I'm expecting Teague to take another step forward after a solid season, and without Josh Smith an expanded role could lead to him having a breakout season.

Adding to that Paul Millsap is always an under the radar, but an efficient and effective player. The signings of Carroll and Brand are solid and keeping Korver was big for them. I'm expecting them to hold on to that 6th seed, and be a better team than last year overall.
Fantastic post. :cool:

dalton749
08-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Dude I think you should wake up then the alarm is ringing and you are still believing that the raptors are better than the pistons

It's not that crazy
Lowry> Jennings
Derozan> whoever they decide to start at the 2
Rudy= smith if he plays at the 3(better at 4)
Johnson< Monroe
Valanciunas= Drummond

jericho
08-17-2013, 05:06 AM

It's not that crazy
Lowry> Jennings
Derozan> whoever they decide to start at the 2
Rudy= smith if he plays at the 3(better at 4)
Johnson< Monroe
Valanciunas= Drummond

Lowry stopped being good a long time ago
Derozan just plain and simple sucks
Rudy and Smith like you said is a wash
Monroe is jus 3 times better than Johnson
And I love Valanciunas game I think he will be good and all but Drummond is just better than him at what he needs to provide to the team

dalton749
08-17-2013, 07:44 AM
And I love Valanciunas game I think he will be good and all but Drummond is just better than him at what he needs to provide to the team

lowry was being considered a near allstar before he got really sick in Houston.
he started out last year putting up ridiculous numbers before getting injured, and never got healthy.
he claims hes in the best shape of his life now and is in a contract year, but hes in Toronto which means nobody sees him play, so hes bad, I get it

you agree that rudy and smith are a wash, yet derozan was arguably a better player than gay last year

the difference between amir and Monroe isn't 3 times, though he is better
amir has quietly made himself one of the most underrated players in the league, he doesn't put up huge numbers but his advanced stats show he makes everyone he plays with better on both ends of the floor
if you check is EWA in comparison to his USG RT, he is head and shoulders above the rest

this starting lineup was rated 5th best in the league I believe, behind ny, mia, okc, sa

IAmARanger18
08-17-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm gonna go with the Wizards here. Getting a healthy Wall back and playing like he did in the second half of the season will be huge for them. Add in Beal and rookie Porter, this team will raise some eyebrows, think they may even back into the playoffs as the 8th seed.

jericho
08-17-2013, 10:10 AM

lowry was being considered a near allstar before he got really sick in Houston.
he started out last year putting up ridiculous numbers before getting injured, and never got healthy.
he claims hes in the best shape of his life now and is in a contract year, but hes in Toronto which means nobody sees him play, so hes bad, I get it

you agree that rudy and smith are a wash, yet derozan was arguably a better player than gay last year

the difference between amir and Monroe isn't 3 times, though he is better
amir has quietly made himself one of the most underrated players in the league, he doesn't put up huge numbers but his advanced stats show he makes everyone he plays with better on both ends of the floor
if you check is EWA in comparison to his USG RT, he is head and shoulders above the rest

this starting lineup was rated 5th best in the league I believe, behind ny, mia, okc, sa

Lowry has to prove himself then just plain and simple
As good as Derozan was I would still take an old Billups over him
I ain't even gonna argue the Amir point I was being generous when I said that Monroe was just 3x better I actually wanted to say 5

And by who? Who in the blue hell said that Toronto had a top 5 lineup in the league they really should fire him. I mean no disrespect I like that team and personally I like Val and Lowry but they don't have a top 5 starting line up

As for Detroit I know they are not that good offensively but defensively they are up there with anybody and last time I checked defense wins championships

Lastly why the hell am I defending the Pistons I don't even follow that team can a Pistons fan come over here and take over I'm tired of this.

RipCity32
08-17-2013, 10:33 AM
As good as Derozan was I would still take an old Billups over him
I ain't even gonna argue the Amir point I was being generous when I said that Monroe was just 3x better I actually wanted to say 5

And by who? Who in the blue hell said that Toronto had a top 5 lineup in the league they really should fire him. I mean no disrespect I like that team and personally I like Val and Lowry but they don't have a top 5 starting line up

As for Detroit I know they are not that good offensively but defensively they are up there with anybody and last time I checked defense wins championships

Lastly why the hell am I defending the Pistons I don't even follow that team can a Pistons fan come over here and take over I'm tired of this.

I'm not going to argue with Raptor fans anymore. Time to just wait for the season to start.

todu82
08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Minnesota in the West and Toronto in the East.

dalton749
08-17-2013, 03:53 PM
As good as Derozan was I would still take an old Billups over him- lol at 36 yo billups
I ain't even gonna argue the Amir point I was being generous when I said that Monroe was just 3x better I actually wanted to say 5- not gunna bother with this but amir is a wayyy better defender
And by who? Who in the blue hell said that Toronto had a top 5 lineup in the league they really should fire him. http://i.imgur.com/nT0qNqB.png

As for Detroit I know they are not that good offensively but defensively they are up there with anybody and last time I checked defense wins championships- nothings been proven, Toronto could be a good defensive team too.

BHF
08-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm not going to argue with Raptor fans anymore. Time to just wait for the season to start.

you shouldn't because it makes not sense :) that is like us Raps fans trying to argue that we are better than the Heat its just wishful thinking.

gwrighter
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
you shouldn't because it makes not sense :) that is like us Raps fans trying to argue that we are better than the Heat its just wishful thinking.

I just wish more Raptor fans would blindly support their team as much as Det fans do.

MTar786
08-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I find it laughable espn has the lakers winning 36 games. More like 46 at least

MTar786
08-17-2013, 05:18 PM

Who cares. They're both garbage and no one will bother to watch them

jericho
08-17-2013, 05:24 PM

I would much rather watch Detroit and Toronto instead of the lakers just my honest opinion. Uh and the lakers are bout to be garbage this season :D

BHF
08-17-2013, 05:47 PM
I would much rather watch Detroit and Toronto instead of the lakers just my honest opinion. Uh and the lakers are bout to be garbage this season :D

agree

jericho
08-17-2013, 05:59 PM
agree

:hi5:

deaner
08-17-2013, 06:03 PM

you probably should do 10 seconds of research of attendance before you type.

Minimal
08-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Raptors. JV will be the new big thing and Gays healthy play should help them make the playoffs with a decent seed.

Trueblue2
08-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Detroit-

The addition of J.Smith to an already potent front court makes their ability to score and defend in the paint ranked near the top in the league. The addition of Jennings and Billups solidifies their back court offense as well. Jennings may have had some inefficient years in MIL, but until last year he had nobody on his team that he could really rely on to score. Jennings hasn't ever put up impressive FG% numbers, but he's always hit 3pt fg's at an above average rate. Detroit is in desperate need of floor spacers, so his 3pt shot will come in to play more. Even if he's still below average efficiency, his effect on the game will be positive because he can hit the 3 ball enough to open up the post game for the bigs. Because he wont be relied on the carry the offensive load as much his efficiency should go up considerably, even if it's not above average it won't be the albatross it was in MIL.

I also really like their young talent and depth. Bynum, Stuckey, Villanueva, and Jerebko are all players capable of being contributors off of the bench and put up good per 36 numbers in limited roles. Bynum and Stuckey can both run the offense off of the bench and will probably each get hot for a few stretches during the season where they become solid contributors for their team during that time. Because they're both capable of filling in at the same roles DET has the ability to give more minutes to whichever one is playing better at that time in order to maximize the hot streaks and minimize the cold streaks that have been characteristic of both of their careers.

Jerebko and Charlie V both have outside and midrange shooting ability which will mesh nicely when on the floor with 2 of their 3 bigs that love to attack the rim. Jerebko is still developing, but can play either F position, hustles like no other, and does all the little things that don't show up on stat sheets. I expect his development to continue and for his efficiency to increase due to seeing better shots. Charlie V wont see a whole lot of playing time this year, probably like 10mpg or so backing up the C position. His impact will be solely in his ability to stretch the floor and open up the paint for DET's main scorers to slash and post up.

KCP and Singler can both be effective wing players and provide the floor spacing that DET needs in order to have an effective offense as well as bright futures ahead of them. Singler has an impressive shot and BBIQ and can fit in well playing off of Jennings in this offense. His height allows him to play inside against smaller defenders, but his lack of strength and athleticism keeps him from consistently being an effective inside scorer and defender. This is not as big of a liability now that paint scoring and defense is DET's biggest strength. His height allows him to exploit mismatches when he sees them and his shot makes him effective off the ball as a catch and shoot scorer. KCP has the athleticism and skill to be an effective D and 3 guy right away and has a high ceiling as far as potential goes. He's shown to be an effective catch and shoot and pull up outside shooter in college and should see some open looks with the D's attention elsewhere. His weakness is finishing at the rim, which will be masked by the ability to finish of other players on his team.

IMO Tony Mitchell was a steal this year. He's 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan and a 38" vertical leap with good quickness and athletic ability. His size, strength, and athleticism should allow him to defend both F positions effectively and he can finish around the rim as well. He has a jumper though it's not his strong point, he'll be able to take a midrange or even outside shot if he needs to. His draft stock was hurt due to going to a smaller school because of academic issues as well as dealing with injury in one of his 2 College seasons so his draft position is not indicative of his overall talent level. He wont see major minutes, but when he does get on the floor his ability and play style will allow him to quickly find a role this year and he'll fit right in with the defensive identity that DET has.

All the weaknesses that people say DET has are either overblown or compensated for by role players. Floor spacing might still be an issue, but Billups, Jennings, Jerebko, Charlie V., Singler, and KCP will all be able to draw defenses out and open up the paint. Bynum and Stuckey will be effective back ups for Jennings and are capable of running the offense when he's resting and Billups' veteran presence and mentoring of these young guards should help their shot selection and overall BBIQ.

I also don't think the Lakers are gonna be as bad as people think they will and they should be fighting for any seed between 6-8. Excessively long essay of a post coming soon...

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2013, 11:37 PM
I think there will be a few surprises next season....

There are some teams in the East who have made some nice moves... Detroit and Cleveland, so it is fair to expect an improvement, even if their respective improvement depends much on chance/chemistry/imrpovement of players. I don't think either will surprise though. Atlanta, though, I think will. They will still be a mid-level team, but I believe they will be much better, despite losing Smith. The Knicks I think will surprise everybody by how much they recede this season.

In the west, I think the Thunder will also surprise fans by winning far fewer games than expected. I think the loss of Harden/Martin will hurt. Having guys that good coming off your bench? And not really picking anybody up to replace them? Their draft pick will be an interesting piece, but looking at Lamb's numbers in the summer league, his shooting has not improved, so Thabo will be getting a LOT of minutes. And still not legit back-up PG? Did they learn nothing after the playoffs last year? Other teams are improving, and they took a step back. DO NOT expect 60 wins from them... they will struggle to get 55.

The Hornets and the T-Wolves I think will both surprise... I believe the T-Wolves could compete with anybody if healthy and if Rubio's shot improved as much as I've heard it has. The Hornets could be a playoff team... though I expect them to barely miss the post season... they will have a big turnaround.