PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies Acquire Fab Melo

uptown0364
08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Great pickup

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/celtics-grizzlies-complete-fab-melo-for-donte-green-deal-262775.html

SportsFanatic10
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
nice thread title lol.

Bruno
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
haha, we should probably slightly edit the title. any gripes from the OP in doing so?

Hellcrooner
08-15-2013, 02:07 PM
add fab to the title.
i was starting to wonder if Marc and conley had become knicks

:D

Rivera
08-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Grizz got raped. Great job by Danny getting rid of fab

I saw him play in the d league in Springfield and he has the worst footwork ever lmao

JasonJohnHorn
08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
lol... GREAT title!

NYCkid12
08-15-2013, 02:13 PM

I saw him play in the d league in Springfield and he has the worst footwork ever lmao

Everytime I see you post I wonder who the girl in your sig is LOL

NYCkid12
08-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I think it's a nice move to add a big man off the bench for Memphis

MrfadeawayJB
08-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Not really. Greene was not even activated most the season and with the cash considerations it's basically an even salary swap. All the front court players will play before him. Gasol, Randolph, Koufas, Davis, and Luer, will all get the mins. Fab will have a chance to play Dleague and practice against legit c's. at the very least he can block shots which is a grizz weakness

Joker117
08-15-2013, 02:29 PM
He could be good ..also if u want to bother more ppl add former Syracuse Super Star Melo lol

bagwell368
08-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Greene's deal isn't guaranteed right? And Melo's is. That's the trade - a project big man salary dump. Celts already have a stuffed roster (head count wise, not quality wise), and Melo had no place w/ the Celts this year - even though they probably have the worst C rotation in the NBA.

Small risk for Griz, nice salary reduction by DA.

eyeamagerm
08-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Love this title lol

ManRam
08-15-2013, 03:10 PM

No one got "raped". It's just a meaningless trade done by the C's to shed a tiny bit of money. There will be no repercussions at all from this.

This gets Boston under the luxury tax (assuming they let Greene go, which they will)

king4day
08-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Changed the title. I get it but even the original post didn't mention Fab. Had to alter it.

I like it for Memphis. They get a project big. They don't lose much.

Heatcheck
08-15-2013, 04:47 PM
this guy blows...plain and simple.

Green_Monster
08-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I remember when he ran into a door last year, and got a concussion. :laugh2:

http://deadspin.com/5972686/the-celtics-called-up-fab-melo-because-he-walked-into-a-door

Kashmir13579
08-15-2013, 05:09 PM
A scrub for a scrub

Ebbs
08-15-2013, 05:10 PM
"great pickup" might be a reach

DreamShaker
08-15-2013, 05:13 PM
He could be good ..also if u want to bother more ppl add former Syracuse Super Star Melo lol

That always threw me off when Fab first started getting attention. I would see stuff like "Melo returns to Syracuse" and just think he went back for a seminar or something. Had no idea Syracuse actually had a player named Fab Melo.

texanmonstra011
08-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Not really. Greene was not even activated most the season and with the cash considerations it's basically an even salary swap. All the front court players will play before him. Gasol, Randolph, Koufas, Davis, and Luer, will all get the mins. Fab will have a chance to play Dleague and practice against legit c's. at the very least he can block shots which is a grizz weakness

Yeah but Greene is better than Fab Melo and has way more potential than him too. Greene wasnt active that much because he was healing an injury from last offseason, then joined the Grizz really late. He also came out of college too early and was in a bad Sacramento situation to start his career off. Greene is way better than Fab. Bad trade for Memphis, but both of these guys are irrelevant so it doesnt even really matter.

SportsFanatic10
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM

lol not a very big deal and not a rape by any means.

topdog
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I lmao'd a little bit when I heard this with how hyped some Celtics fans (including Bill Simmons I think) were about getting Melo and talking about him starting or being a primary backup. Smart, win-win, minor trade. Boston can get below the tax and Memphis gets a younger player to see if he can pan out.

I had high hopes for Greene coming out of college (they both went to Syracuse, right?), but he's shown nothing since Daryl Morey drafted him :P In fact, he's part of the case against never drafting a Syracuse player (stay away from 'Zags as well).

MrfadeawayJB
08-15-2013, 09:45 PM

Yeah but Greene is better than Fab Melo and has way more potential than him too. Greene wasnt active that much because he was healing an injury from last offseason, then joined the Grizz really late. He also came out of college too early and was in a bad Sacramento situation to start his career off. Greene is way better than Fab. Bad trade for Memphis, but both of these guys are irrelevant so it doesnt even really matter.

I don't agree that Greene has more potential. He's been in the league 5 yrs and has done nothing