PDA

View Full Version : Did Shaq run Howard outta town? Is Shaq Hurting the Lakers?

Denver-boy
08-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Did Shaq run Howard outta town? Is Shaq Hurting the Lakers?

Is Shaq's Harsh criticism, becoming unattractive for any Super Stars, to even ponder the idea of joining the Lakers. I mean looking how this whole Dwight Howard Break up has ended, to me Lakers look like most unattractive team to play for, like from the Owner, to the Coach, to the Players, to the LA media, and now to a Retire Laker player(shaq)... to me theyre kinda turning into a circus like the jets.

I mean Buss saying Dwight was NEVER a laker lol! :rolleyes: I mean this like some psycho Ex-girlfriend stuff, hating on you now that you left, and just wont move on. Doesnt LA know Dwight aint coming back no matter what they say, so whats the point of looking crazy bitter now, and making your self look unattractive for the rest the league to see. its bad press every time Buss, shaq, kobe, Dantoni, and Nash say something..... just makes them look bad. just SHUT UP, and get over it, be atleast show some class.

I mean I was bitter about Melo leaving, but I mean I cant really compare, totally different. Dwight went through a media circus. Honestly happy for him in Houston, he kinda got away from all that drama.

THOUGHTS?

Is Shaq's Mouth hurting the lakers chances of landing a Melo or Lebron, or Any Superstar in the future?

lol, please
08-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Are you kidding us? That's a better question. I have an even better question, but "mods" might find it inappropriate, heaven forbid you lack the thick skin to withstand it.

NYKnickFanatic
08-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Are you kidding us? That's a better question. I have an even better question, but "mods" might find it inappropriate, heaven forbid you lack the thick skin to withstand it.

Speak your mind brother, do it!

4milesperday
08-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I think Kobe ran Howard out of town. Kobe is just like Allen Iverson, he needs someone to grab him rebounds so he can launch another shot. Kobe is about to have the highest missed fg's in NBA history...that should tell you pretty much all you need to know about Kobe.

foonaka
08-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Did Shaq run Howard outta town? Is Shaq Hurting the Lakers?

Honestly happy for him in Houston, he kinda got away from all that drama.

Are you freaking kidding me?!? Dwight caused every bit of drama that surrounded him. He's a prima donna who doesn't understand that overrated, sub-par skills will not afford you the opportunity to be the number one option on a top-tier team. He was a big fish in a little pond in Orlando and that's the way he likes it. He's a good defender and that's where his analysis ends. He was totally exposed in L.A.

I hope Houston fans are ready to watch him drop the ball, miss free throws, and then quit when the pressure is on, because that's exactly what he did for the Lakers. Hurt or not, he played and acted like a two-year old the entire time he was there.

Jim Buss was right. Dwight was never a Laker.

ManRam
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
There were a billion other factors resulting in Dwight choosing to sign elsewhere that I'm sure had a far greater impact than Shaq saying some stupid **** from time to time.

Is Shaq even that close to the franchise these days?

ztilzer31
08-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Jim Buss/Kobe Bryant's ego is the reason. Mostly Buss' fault though IMO. Kobe has always been like that, and it's expected. As an owner you shouldn't make decisions bassed off your ego. If Jerry was alive Phil would be coaching, and Dwight would have a new deal in Lakersville. Jim Buss is the problem.

arlubas
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Shaq has been criticizing him for years now and I doubt he even cares at this point, judging from his reactions to his rants. The problem with Dwight is Dwight and his spoiled brat like behavior. And that's coming from someone who liked him up until he started his shenanigans in Orlando.

AddiX
08-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Kobe ran Dwight out of town by talking to him and about him like he was a rookie role-player, it also didn't help that when Dwight and Nash were signed Kobe talked about how the ball would run through them, and immediately chucked at a rate I've never seen from him before.

Shaw sure as heck didn't help things. Buss was right, Dwight never was a laker, and it's the lakers own fault. People can say whatever they want about Dwight and his attitude, but look where the lakers are now.

beliges
08-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I think Kobe ran Howard out of town. Kobe is just like Allen Iverson, he needs someone to grab him rebounds so he can launch another shot. Kobe is about to have the highest missed fg's in NBA history...that should tell you pretty much all you need to know about Kobe.

Kobe is like AI but with 5 titles, unmatched longevity and the most dominant player of his era. And yes it was partly kobes fault Dwight left. Kobe would not allow lackadaisical play from his superstars that the rockets will allow. Much easier for Dwight to play in Houston with zero championship aspirations.

ztilzer31
08-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think Dwight wanted the Lakers to bend over for him he just wanted to be wanted... Which Jerry Buss... You better believe would make sure Dwight knew he was wanted.

GunFactor187
08-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Shaq had NOTHING to do with DH12 leaving the Lakers...

MTar786
08-15-2013, 01:35 PM
honestly if i was diwght, i wouldnt want to be living in shaqs shadow KNOWING i cant even be a quarter of the player he was. Its like jr smith coming here and trying to be the next kobe. he will just leave LA embarrassed

Bruno
08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
nobody takes the blame here except Howard. he's a grown *** man, and it was his decision to leave town. I don't think Shaqs hurting the Lakers.

COOLbeans
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
More on Jim buss, Kobe and the la media then Shaq.

The op mentioned all of these as factors and then concluded with singling out Shaq..I don't get that lol

Bostonjorge
08-15-2013, 04:34 PM
The magnifying glass on the lakers ran him out. Everyone was dissing Howard last year even in LA. A championship was the only way to recover form what happened in LA if he stayed.

RaiderLakersA's
08-15-2013, 09:04 PM
The Astros, as Phil Jackson calls them, have a young up and coming team on paper...and Dwight doesn't have to worry about any of former greats shrouding his own legacy. That's why he left.

But if people want to think that Sha-Kobe ran him out of town, I'm fine with that.

JNA17
08-16-2013, 05:38 AM
What? Shaq had nothing to do with it. Dwight is 28 years old. He's a grown man and made his own decision. End it.

PhillyFaninLA
08-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Dwight may never have wanted to be a Laker, he didn't have a good coach, the team wasn't very good.......of course not Shaq was irrelevant....I'm wondering what the true purpose of this topic being made is

PhillyFaninLA
08-16-2013, 06:00 AM
The Astros, as Phil Jackson calls them, have a young up and coming team on paper...and Dwight doesn't have to worry about any of former greats shrouding his own legacy. That's why he left.

But if people want to think that Sha-Kobe ran him out of town, I'm fine with that.

Hakeem would qualify as a great...I don't think Dwight cares about history of his team or even legacy...my issue with Dwight is that I believe he cares more about being coddled and comfortable then winning. I say that and acknowledge that the Rockets should be a very good team this year.

Badluck33
08-16-2013, 07:15 AM
How does that old stupid saying go??

Oh ya, he didn't wanna play under the shadow of (fill in the blank of a former LA Laker SuperStar).

I've heard that dumb excuse so many times it convinced me that who ever said this probably had parents that were related.

ztilzer31
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
nobody takes the blame here except Howard. he's a grown *** man, and it was his decision to leave town. I don't think Shaqs hurting the Lakers.

Totally disagree. As owner Jim Bus has to take the blame. Dwight said it himself if Phil coached he stays... Obviously he felt that Houston had a better thing going as far as players, and coaches, and most people agree.

Sure it's ultimately Dwight's decision, but let's not ignore the fact that Buss' ego clearly got in the way. Hired Dantoni because he didn't want to wait for Phil. Doesn't contact Dwight at all.

All the people saying Dwight wanted to be "coddled" truly doesn't understand how free agency works. You better believe Jerry Buss would of been having dinner with Dwight, and making him feel welcomed. Lakers nation chewed him up and spit him out, and all the dumb quotes from KAJ, and Shaq just proves it. The Lakers are not the organization they were with Jerry Buss, and the players in the NBA are starting to figure that out.

Lakers will never win another Championship till they get an owner (whether Jim or someone else) that can remove their ego out of the situation, and look to win at basketball.

smith&wesson
08-16-2013, 11:55 AM
First it was Stan van gundy, then it was Kobe, now it's Shaq, I'm guessing harden or coach Michael will be the next scapegoat for Howard ... C'mon the guys as big of a drama queen you will find.

Hellcrooner
08-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes of course, Shaq was playing last year in a lakers squad with other 3 hall of fame players and decided to take 25 shots a game............

oh.

Wait...................