PDA

View Full Version : Overrated or Underrated?

DreamShaker
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I am going to list some players who had great sucess on great teams, who get varied degrees of credit for their role. All you have to do is tell me if they are a product of their team, or more essential than some think. Basically, over or under rated.

Joe Dumars
Manu Ginobli
James Worthy
Chris Bosh
Robert Parish
Lamar Odom
Horace Grant
Rip Hamilton

Hawkeye15
08-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Joe Dumars- underrated
Manu Ginobli- rated just fine
James Worthy- rated just fine
Chris Bosh- underrated
Robert Parish- overrated
Lamar Odom- rated just fine
Horace Grant- UNDERRATED
Rip Hamilton- overrated

Those are my picks

ManRam
08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
The only one I'm really passionate about would be Grant. He's overlooked all the time, but was such an amazingly solid player. Never scored a ton, but he did everything else so well. A perfect 3rd or 4th best guy on a team.

I struggle with overrated/underrated talk.

Throw Zeke or Bill Russell up on that list and I'll hurl an overrated at you though.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
The only one I'm really passionate about would be Grant. He's overlooked all the time, but was such an amazingly solid player. Never scored a ton, but he did everything else so well. A perfect 3rd or 4th best guy on a team.

I struggle with overrated/underrated talk.

Throw Zeke or Bill Russell up on that list and I'll hurl an overrated at you though.

for sure, if only because their public perception is just way too high imo as well.

tredigs
08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I am going to list some players who had great sucess on great teams, who get varied degrees of credit for their role. All you have to do is tell me if they are a product of their team, or more essential than some think. Basically, over or under rated.

Joe Dumars
Manu Ginobli
James Worthy
Chris Bosh
Robert Parish
Lamar Odom
Horace Grant
Rip Hamilton

Blue = Underrated

Red = Overrated

Worthy was the ultimate right place/right time guy, and I feel like sometimes he's looked at as a guy who was better than say Paul Pierce, when all things being equal I couldn't disagree more. A big game here and there when it counted does matter, I mean look at the point goose-egg Bosh puts up in the last game we all watched. But he still goes heavily overlooked as an elite PF talent now that he's joined up and lost on significant box-score #'s. Odom's another one - that guy was an integral cog to the Lakers previous run and they wouldn't have gotten there without him. Pau is overlooked, but Odom even more so. Grant was touched on, but that's another similar situation.

abe_froman
08-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Joe Dumars-underrated
Manu Ginobli
James Worthy-overrated
Chris Bosh-underrated
Robert Parish-overrated
Lamar Odom-underrated
Horace Grant-depends on who you ask,i have seen posters severly overrate him,i've seen some severaly underrate him to an equal degree
Rip Hamilton-underrated

MTar786
08-14-2013, 04:48 PM
dumars- under
manu- just fine
worthy- over
bosh- under
parish- just fine
mchale- UNDER. just wanted to add this
odom- just fine
grant- under
hamilton- just fine
gasol- over rated

arlubas
08-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Joe Dumars - rated fairly
Manu Ginobli - rated fairly, as years pass I'd say it leans on slightly underrated
James Worthy - overrated
Chris Bosh - Underrated
Robert Parish - Underrated
Lamar Odom - Overrated in general, underrated for his role on those 2 titles
Horace Grant - Definitely underrated, one of the best complimentary players ever imo.
Rip Hamilton - Overrated

diu9leilomo
08-14-2013, 05:27 PM
if someone is being labeled underrated for multiple times, does it mean hes overrated at the end?

Example: Bosh

I Rock Shaqs
08-14-2013, 05:47 PM
if someone is being labeled underrated for multiple times, does it mean hes overrated at the end?

Example: Bosh

Exactly the whole underrated overrated stuff is ********, Chris Bosh was labeled as the most overrated player in the league when he was on Toronto now on the Heat everybody has him underrated....

arlubas
08-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Exactly the whole underrated overrated stuff is ********, Chris Bosh was labeled as the most overrated player in the league when he was on Toronto now on the Heat everybody has him underrated....
Yeah because in Toronto people were viewing him as a franchise player, which he's not.
In Miami on the other hand everyone looks at Lebron and Wade, forgetting exactly what this guy brings for them on a team stripped of any significant inside presence.

sunsfan88
08-14-2013, 05:58 PM
None of them have anything on Goran Dragic.

Chronz
08-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Underrated
Manu Ginobli
Horace Grant
Lamar Odom
Chris Bosh

Overrated
Joe Dumars
James Worthy
Robert Parish
Rip Hamilton

All-In
08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I don’t think James Worthy is overrated. In Game 7 of the 1988 Finals he had 36pts 16rebs 10ast on 68% shooting…he won finals MVP…honestly outside of KD and Lebron I don’t know how many players do that today