PDA

View Full Version : Under-25 Talent Rankings, Position No. 2

mrblisterdundee
08-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I've always been more excited about up-and-coming teams rather than established contenders. An ESPN poll on the subject piqued my interest. So:
Rank each of the NBA's 30 teams based on the overall talent of their players who will start this season younger than 25 years old.
The NBA season begins Oct. 29. A player must still be 24 years old on that date to be considered as part of an overall judgement of a team's under-25 talent base.
Some of you need to check the birthdays of your favorite 24-year-old players, too. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry and others all turn 25 before Oct. 29.
I'll rely on you to do your homework on how old various players are, unless you want to look like a doofus. There's a poll on ESPN that shows which players on a team are under 25 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9550791/nba-teams-25-talent).

1. Thunder

ManRam
08-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't know, the Pellies?

BenFrank
08-13-2013, 09:54 PM
James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, Terrance Jones, D. Montijunas, Isiah Cannon,

rockets-fan
08-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Warriors, since people are considering curry.

tp13baby
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, Terrance Jones, D. Montijunas, Isiah Cannon,

So Harden and Parsons.

Pellies for me.

rockets-fan
08-14-2013, 12:12 AM
So Harden and Parsons.

Pellies for me.

Ummmm Harden>>>>>>> the whole pelicans team right now. Anthony Davis has the potential to be great but as of now, Harden alone is better than anyone on that team

With curry

Warriors
Rockets
Cavs
Wolves
Pelicans

Without curry

Rockets
Cavs
Wolves
Warriors
Pelicans

alexander_37
08-14-2013, 12:13 AM
So Harden and Parsons.

Pellies for me.

You're right 13/8 >>>>> 26/6/5 on higher TS% than Kobe has ever had in his career.

mrblisterdundee
08-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Warriors, since people are considering curry.

People are not considering Curry, because he's 25. Let's stop trying to break the rules because some people can't check a birth date.

rockets-fan
08-14-2013, 01:40 AM
People are not considering Curry, because he's 25. Let's stop trying to break the rules because some people can't check a birth date.

Fine rockets by far

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Rockets:

James Harden
Chandler Parsons
Jeremy Lin
Terrance Jones
D. Montijunas
Isiah Canon

vs

Warriors:

Harrison Barnes
Klay Thompson
Kent Bazemore (had the best summer league out of any player, plus defender, crazy wing span)
Festus Ezeli (already a plus defender, and shot blocker, extremely athletic)
Nemanja Nedovic (late 1st round pick in a solid draft in terms off depth)

Raps08-09 Champ
08-14-2013, 01:51 AM
Actually list the players under 25 to make it easier.

RipCity32
08-14-2013, 02:04 AM
If Curry doesn't count than I wouldn't put Warriors top 5. Maybe not even top 10. Maybe I'm sounding like a homer but I would put the Pistons ahead of the Warriors if your not counting Curry.

rockets-fan
08-14-2013, 02:22 AM
If Curry doesn't count than I wouldn't put Warriors top 5. Maybe not even top 10. Maybe I'm sounding like a homer but I would put the Pistons ahead of the Warriors if your not counting Curry.

Don't let Monta is beast know that...he thinks the warriors are gods or something

dalton749
08-14-2013, 02:36 AM
Rockets:

James Harden
Chandler Parsons
Jeremy Lin
Terrance Jones
D. Montijunas
Isiah Canon

vs

Warriors:

Harrison Barnes
Klay Thompson
Kent Bazemore (had the best summer league out of any player, plus defender, crazy wing span)
Festus Ezeli (already a plus defender, and shot blocker, extremely athletic)
Nemanja Nedovic (late 1st round pick in a solid draft in terms off depth)

Valanciunas disagrees with your blaze more statement.

Lol auto correct

mrblisterdundee
08-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Actually list the players under 25 to make it easier.

There's a link right in the original post to a page that lists all the players currently under 25 years old on each team. On the 24-year-old players, people just need to make the minimal effort to see if they turn 25 before or after Oct. 29.

mrblisterdundee
08-14-2013, 02:47 AM

I think the Blazers are ahead of Golden State. Portland has Damian Lillard, Nicolas Batum, Thomas Robinson, C.J. McCollum and fillers to spare. It's nice to feel young again.

D-Will4Prez
08-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Blazers are pretty high on the list. Dunno about 2nd, but they are definitely top 5. T-Wolves barely miss the top 5 as well. And don't sleep on the Pistons young crop either. Jazz (homer pick) young guns will surprise people as well, but I can objectively say that it is too early to crown them very high. Pelicans (outside of Gordon and Jrue) and Rockets (outside of Harden) are severely overrated in terms of their under-25 talent, but objectively I've gotta give it to the Pelicans despite Tyreke who I think is going to be a cancer for that team. Pelicans won't go far with 3 combo guards and no bigs (no, Davis isn't big), but their under-25 talent is the next highest level talent after the Thunder.

Seriously, between the T-Wolves, Blazers, Jazz, Nuggets, and Thunder, the Northwest division is by far the youngest and arguably most talented division in the NBA. With a bit more development, this division is going to be hella fun to watch for years.