PDA

View Full Version : Is it put up or shut up time for any players (not talking about stars winning chips)

Chronz
08-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Im talking about decent players busting out into bonafide All-Stars or better.

Take a guy like Rudy Gay, yes hes been an All-Star before but hes never actually produced like one. This year however, he has to put it all together, hes got the necessary talent to produce on both ends, hes corrected his eye problem and hes going to get a full training camp with a roster that will feature him heavily. Hes got the interior threat in Val, the wing+pg compliment to take some pressure off of him, hes likely going to play more small ball and thats always good for a big wing's stats, its just a question of shot selection IMO, tho thats a pretty big problem.

I feel the same with Monta, all the excuses should be out the door for him.

The Potential List (Updated):
Deron
Gay
Jennings
Monta
Cousins
Pau
Turner

Htownballa1622
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Maybe Deron Williams to return to the top 1-2 in pgs?

ManRam
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Those would be the first two on my list. I'm more optimistic that Gay can finally turn things around, but I'd be surprised if either really have a mini-renaissance at this point in their careers.

Jennings is another one, but I feel like he's a lost cause. Boogie is young and might not fit into this but I'd like to see him bust out soon.

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Rudy Gay claims he had such bad vision while in Memphis that he barely got his license. He claims he could hardly see when playing. Still averaged 20 ppg and 5 rpg....pretty good for a blind man. He now has his eyes fixed, so anything less than allstar is a fail for Rudy gay

Hellcrooner
08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Its time for Pau Gasol to have a 18 - 10- 5 -2 over 50% season.

well......asuming now there isnt a bynum or Howard in the team the coach wont make him play 10 feet of the rims and shoot trhee pointers....................

uh.....................

wait................

Dantoni.............

****!!!

Chronz
08-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Maybe Deron Williams to return to the top 1-2 in pgs?

Hes already an great player but yea I see what you mean. Can he have one of those elite seasons again is a question Im sort of asking myself but I think hes primed for a resurgence to the point where Im not really questioning it but yea he should go on the list.

Im thinking Bargs too. Maybe not All-Star type breakout but that level right beneath it.

Its time for Pau Gasol to have a 18 - 10- 5 -2 over 50% season.

well......asuming now there isnt a bynum or Howard in the team the coach wont make him play 10 feet of the rims and shoot trhee pointers....................

uh.....................

wait................

Dantoni.............

****!!!
Thats another good one. Im not as hopeful for him as I am for the younger guys tho. Still it would be great to have more dominant bigmen.

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I think a few other young guys like wall, Leonard, and Barnes can prove to be the real deal this year.

Wall should be a allstar

Leonard should be a top 2 scorer for SA

Barnes should be in the running as a 6th man of the year to prove the playoffs were not a fluke

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Oh and Evan turner must show me something this season

JoeBlessU
08-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Kevin Love. I think he should probably just shut up overall, but he def needs to put up a playoff season.

WoodsyRaps
08-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I agree. Rudy Gay really needs to step it up or shutup. Another from Toronto would be Kyle Lowry. He has been on the verge of breaking out and has been up and down. This is his contract year so if he wants that $10 million/yr contract hes seeking he better prove it or else he will have to settle for about ~8mil

Bostonjorge
08-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Derrick Rose needs to prove he made the right decision last year and take the top spot in the NBA which he claims is his.

Howard needs to prove he is truly the best big man with out any doubt in no ones mind. I believe he is the best big man C or PF but there is still a couple If's.

dhopisthename
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Derrick Favors needs to show what he can do

rockets-fan
08-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Derrick Favors needs to show what he can do

This

xxplayerxx23
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Could this be the year Rudy does it? He has all the talent. Hell top 4 SF talent but hasn't put it together his shot selection is the problem, if he can get better at his selection he would be an all star IMO

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Could this be the year Rudy does it? He has all the talent. Hell top 4 SF talent but hasn't put it together his shot selection is the problem, if he can get better at his selection he would be an all star IMO

While in Memphis he had at least ten possessions a game of mental lapses on both ends of the floor. He takes too many plays off IMO

2-ONE-5
08-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Turner is due for his qualifying offer next year and will be featured on a piss poor team and will have opportunity to show his value to the league and the Sixers bcuz if he doesnt perform at a very high level he will be dealt this season, even if he does he still might go

xxplayerxx23
08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
While in Memphis he had at least ten possessions a game of mental lapses on both ends of the floor. He takes too many plays off IMO

Really? I mean that is fixable IMO with the rigt team/coach

dalton749
08-13-2013, 05:45 PM
lol pretty much all of Toronto
rudy, lowry, bargs(tho hes gone), and demar too

rudy is in a good situation for him to excel, and him and demar started to show they can work well off of each other, but one of them needs to take the next step this year

lowry is the same way as he was talked about being a near all star in Houston before going down with injury, which continued into last year
in a contract year he needs to take that next step, and stay healthy so he can get back into the top 10 pg range

bargs is just bargs, who knows at this point lol

Chronz
08-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Is it too early to expect stardom from Wall?

ManRam
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Is it too early to expect stardom from Wall?

No.

Just got a max contract, a lot of buzz in Washington after how they finished...not too early. Will it happen next year? IDK, but it's not crazy to expect it. It's his 4th for season...a good time for a jump in productivity.

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Really? I mean that is fixable IMO with the rigt team/coach

No that's just the way Gay is. He will do it again I'm sure

Trueblue2
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Eric Gordon needs to step up. Hes been sandbagging it ever since hes been in NO because he was upset over the cp3 deal. But you cant pull that **** for this long and expect to get a decent contract. In LA he showed promise but hes been battling attitude and injury problems ever since the trade. Now that NO is showing some promise again he should be motivated to play for them. He needs to show something on the court, maybe not an all star appearance, but something.

All-In
08-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Derrick Rose needs to prove he made the right decision last year and take the top spot in the NBA which he claims is his.

Howard needs to prove he is truly the best big man with out any dought in no ones mind. I believe he is the best big man C or PF but there is still a couple If's.

Yea I think Dwight has a lot to prove too…just because between like 2009-2011 he was considered a top 3 player in the league…if guys like Rudy Gay or John Wall step up its just the playoffs but if Dwight can regain his form and put up 38MPG 20PPG 14RPG 3BLK on 60% shooting and get his defensive rating back down to 94….Rockets aren’t just another playoff team….

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 12:35 PM
The answer is Dwight Howard or Derrick Rose. Any other answer is not bigger than these two. They have to perform as top 5 players or simply stay shut.

kobe4thewinbang
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Dwight Howard
Blake Griffin
Brandon Jennings
Jeff Green
David Lee
Deron Williams

Trueblue2
09-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Pau for sure, nash to a lesser extent.

Nick yong needs to make a stride this year. Not be an allstar or anything, but become a solid, dependable role player. He doesnt have a bad game, if he focused on the mental aspect and tried to positively impact his team more than his stats he could find his niche and become a non star cornerstome a la fisher and horry. The digference between fisher and horry and players like young and beasley is all mental approach to the game.

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Griffin
Wall
Dwight