PDA

View Full Version : Get in some laughs- Blake Griffins Foot Locker Commercial

Kyben36
08-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Maybe this comercial is old, but I just saw it tonight, I thought it was the funiest thing I have seen in a while, LOL funny. I love the way they play on how bad he orginaly was/still is a bit at advertising. but he truely is getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iltWeIa8r1s

TrueFan420
08-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Maybe this comercial is old, but I just saw it tonight, I thought it was the funiest thing I have seen in a while, LOL funny. I love the way they play on how bad he orginaly was/still is a bit at advertising. but he truely is getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iltWeIa8r1s

Must not watch a lot of comedy on the reg then. I mean it was a nice chuckle but funniest thing in a while I think not.

TrueFan420
08-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Go back and watch the slam dunk contest the year he won hell the last few in general if you wanna see a good joke.

More-Than-Most
08-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Go back and watch the slam dunk contest the year he won hell the last few in general if you wanna see a good joke.

:laugh:

The car jump xD

dalton749
08-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Demar should have won it

MrfadeawayJB
08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
To me Blake griffin just looks funny, but is not funny

Sly Guy
08-13-2013, 10:18 AM
dr drain is way better

kylem4711
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
dr drain is better.
in my experience though, people who dont think blake griffin is funny usually think dane cook is...

sunsfan88
08-13-2013, 04:57 PM
To me Blake griffin just looks funny, but is not funny

Yea this. He tries so hard to be funny but just isn't. Kobe used to do that also but doesn't anymore.

IMO, the only star players in this league that are actually funny are Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade.

John Walls Era
08-13-2013, 04:59 PM
He has the personality of a stick of gum. His acting looks so fake.

*Superman*
08-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Wasn't funny. He's done some goofy stuff on the court which are funnier than this commercial.

Kyben36
08-13-2013, 07:51 PM
He has the personality of a stick of gum. His acting looks so fake.

thats why it is funny though, they are poking fun at himself in the way he is so terrible, I just found it ironic that they are using his terrible acting skills in a comercial.

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
His commercials are intended to be awkward and ironic. Don't get me wrong, Blake seems like a nice individual but a bit on the quiet type. He doesn't give the impression of a joker.

Clippersfan86
09-11-2013, 01:30 PM

This claim always makes me laugh. All of Blake's dunks outside of the car dunk were AMAZING. He definitely deserved to win it. I'm not a fan of props but McGee failed his dunk on two rims like 300 times and shouldn't of been in the final. It should have been Griffin vs Derozan and Griffin still likely would have won because it's all about entertaining the fans and he dunked over a car (hood or not).

People that ***** probably don't remember the judges scored the first dunks but the final was selected by the fans. Can't blame Blake for what the fans did, although McGee in the final dunk didn't impress really either. Griffin's 360+honey dip off a lob are insane dunks for a PF. If he would have landed that first 360, two handed leaning windmill it would have been up there as the greatest dunk in contest history.

TrueFan420
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
This claim always makes me laugh. All of Blake's dunks outside of the car dunk were AMAZING. He definitely deserved to win it. I'm not a fan of props but McGee failed his dunk on two rims like 300 times and shouldn't of been in the final. It should have been Griffin vs Derozan and Griffin still likely would have won because it's all about entertaining the fans and he dunked over a car (hood or not).

People that ***** probably don't remember the judges scored the first dunks but the final was selected by the fans. Can't blame Blake for what the fans did, although McGee in the final dunk didn't impress really either. Griffin's 360+honey dip off a lob are insane dunks for a PF. If he would have landed that first 360, two handed leaning windmill it would have been up there as the greatest dunk in contest history.

No dunk from that dunk contest was amazing. As far as fans voting for the final it doesn't mean much when your picking from a **** sandwich or a **** sandwich. Plus he was extremely hyped while McGee was/is viewed as a dumba$$.

Alleyeson49
09-11-2013, 08:34 PM
That commercial is okay, but this Blake Griffin Nike commercial is the one that takes the cake in the laughing department http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkusKEeDDqs "Can a butterfly sing?" LOL ...and then the celebration with each "shot" :laugh:

Clippersfan86
09-11-2013, 08:43 PM
No dunk from that dunk contest was amazing. As far as fans voting for the final it doesn't mean much when your picking from a **** sandwich or a **** sandwich. Plus he was extremely hyped while McGee was/is viewed as a dumba$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9gtPcMc4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dTLl0oPa30

Just because Blake makes it look so easy doesn't mean these aren't incredible dunks, because by all accounts they are. I don't think you understand the difficulty. Dwight Howard the two time dunk champ even said "Wow.. that's impressive" and the judges who are legendary dunkers obviously thought highly of it. I understand the gripe with the final dunk (selected by fans, in LA mind you) but the first two you have no point whatsoever. The only argument I could see in regards to how the contest went is that the final should have been Derozan vs Griffin and then Derozan MIGHT have won since he's an LA kid, who knows.

D-Leethal
09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I give a shitload of props to Blake for making himself arguably the leagues top pitchman. Dude's commercials are awesome. He seems pretty shy on the surface so I doubt it was easy for him, but he made it work in a big way.

TrueFan420
09-12-2013, 02:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9gtPcMc4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dTLl0oPa30

Just because Blake makes it look so easy doesn't mean these aren't incredible dunks, because by all accounts they are. I don't think you understand the difficulty. Dwight Howard the two time dunk champ even said "Wow.. that's impressive" and the judges who are legendary dunkers obviously thought highly of it. I understand the gripe with the final dunk (selected by fans, in LA mind you) but the first two you have no point whatsoever. The only argument I could see in regards to how the contest went is that the final should have been Derozan vs Griffin and then Derozan MIGHT have won since he's an LA kid, who knows.

I'm sorry but take your homer glasses off. The tribute to carter was cool with the arm in the rim but less impressive when your 6'10 with a long wingspan. The second was good as well but not amazing like your claiming. The fact the Dwight Howard is a two time nba dunk contest champ is joke in in of itself.