PDA

View Full Version : Sixers hire Brett Brown as Head Coach

2-ONE-5
08-12-2013, 03:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9560328/brett-brown-former-san-antonio-spurs-assistant-agrees-become-philadelphia-76ers-head-coach-sources-say

looking forward to seeing who he adds to his bench now.

Thoughts?

Rockice_8
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Hope they give him a longer leash cause this team is going to contend for single digit wins. Philly is going to be awful next season. Not a bad choice though if any of that Popovich coaching rubbed off on him.

All-In
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
The Sixers bench is god awful…..I hope Sam Hinkie knows what he’s getting himself into

kdspurman
08-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Pop has lost dam near all his assistants :laugh2:

I'm happy for Brett. I think the fact that he got 4 years is a sign that they are willing to be patient and let the team sort of build it's own identity and system before deciding after 1 year to cut him loose. I think he'll obviously be able to bring some great knowledge that he's obtained from the Spurs organization and from his own experiences as the coach of the Australian national team.

It's hard to argue against any disciple of Pop getting a HC job, I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Federal Reserve
08-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Why hire a coach if the team is trash?

2-ONE-5
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
you cant be serious? there are more bad teams then good teams in the NBA.

Wouldnt you want to potentially be the coach of the next great player to join the league?

king4day
08-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Spurs brass have to be secretly a lil pissed. They are now forced to find a new assistant this late into the offseason.
I like the hiring. He probably came cheap and he should be able to help along the kids with his experience.

kdspurman
08-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Spurs brass have to be secretly a lil pissed. They are now forced to find a new assistant this late into the offseason.
I like the hiring. He probably came cheap and he should be able to help along the kids with his experience.

Yea, maybe they'll bring back PJ Carlisemo. They did hire Jim Boylen from the Pacers (a replacement for Budhenholzer) so now that Brown is officially gone they can start looking for a replacement for him too.

Hellcrooner
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Brett?

I guess the idea is to tank.

They could have hired Favre or Michaels for the same thing.