PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual PSD Player Rankings #9 SF In The NBA? (Volume: VI)

Mile High Champ
08-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 6th year I have done this on PSD and it always brings some great discussion and debate. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron James and the Miami Heat are back to back NBA champions after an exciting 7 game series win over the Spurs. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 5 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

Due to some people complaining that the rule was not written for the PG poll; in order to be eligible for these rankings, players must of played in 10 or more games last season. Thank you.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Andre Iguodala
5) Paul Pierce
6) Kawhi Leonard
7) Luol Deng
8) Danilo Gallinari
9)
10)

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7) Luol Deng
8) Danny Granger
9) Danilo Gallinari
10) Nicolas Batum

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

Mile High Champ
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
In the last poll, both Gay and Gall had two votes from users will less than 100 posts. Both votes were discounted but still resulted in a tie. Due to the extra write in votes for Gall after the poll closed, Gall will be declared the victor.

Mods please sticky

Mile High Champ
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Gay and Batum to round out the top 10.

Guppyfighter
08-11-2013, 11:14 PM
The fact Loul Deng is seven is hilariously stupid. AK47 is literally better than him in every single category.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Batum or ak47 here.

seikou8
08-11-2013, 11:49 PM
sf is pretty deep ak47

Raps08-09 Champ
08-11-2013, 11:57 PM
AK$7 is legit man.

cmellofan15
08-12-2013, 12:26 AM
first thought when looking at this list is that it was absolute bs but I guess I can see some reasoning behind it. but yeah, SF is definitely a tough position to rank after 3.

ChildishGambino
08-12-2013, 12:42 AM
ah sorry didn't see that my vote doesn't count

mrblisterdundee
08-12-2013, 01:03 AM
I went with Rudy Gay. He out-produced Nicolas Batum and plays better defense than Chandler Parsons.
Without the wrist and shoulder injuries that sabotaged the second half of his season, Batum was on track to be a top-five small forward – if the Blazers made the playoffs. With them, he fell-off quite a bit the second half.
Parsons will likely get better at defense as he plays more.

Radio Rakeem
08-12-2013, 01:07 AM
After that last poll, if Rudy doesn't get it here.....

ManningToTyree
08-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Rudy should go here

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-12-2013, 01:21 AM
AK should make this top 10 but I have a feeling people will go crazy to put Parsons in it.

WoodsyRaps
08-12-2013, 01:30 AM
I voted Gay however My 2nd choice out of the remaining players would have been Chandler Parsons. He can rebound, assist, shoot 3s like Batum. They are similar players so i suppose its a personal preference.

rockets-fan
08-12-2013, 01:33 AM
AK should make this top 10 but I have a feeling people will go crazy to put Parsons in it.

Parsons is better plain and simple. Better younger....not crazy at all

Guppyfighter
08-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Parsons and AK should be in it.

Everybody ****ed up by putting Deng in.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Parsons is better plain and simple. Better younger....not crazy at all

Not saying voting for him is crazy, Im saying people will go all out to vote for him while AK and himself should be a very close vote.

nycericanguy
08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I voted Gallo last time, but I do think Gay will be better NEXT year.

Gallo will miss some time and even when he does come back it's likely to take him 20-40 games to regain his form coming off an ACL.

Gay had his eye issue correct and has the chance to have a bounce back year.

As for here I'll go Parsons, he shot 49% and 39% from 3 and averaged 2 made 3's per game. Now people will say he wasn't "efficient" despite those great numbers because he didn't get to the FT line much. But to me, there is something to be said for a guy that just flat out knocks down shots. He had real good all around numbers and I'm not going to put someone who shot 40% above him just because they got to the FT line more.

ManRam
08-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Batum
Kirilenko
Parsons
Gay

Almost nothing at all separates them though, and I wouldn't argue too strongly for any of them. Hell, I'm surprised I'm sticking with Batum here over Kirilenko. I'll admit biases play a little role in that (big fan of Batum).

nycericanguy
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Batum
Kirilenko
Parsons
Gay

Almost nothing at all separates them though, and I wouldn't argue too strongly for any of them. Hell, I'm surprised I'm sticking with Batum here over Kirilenko. I'll admit biases play a little role in that (big fan of Batum).

If nothing separates them I'm much more likely to go with a guy who was the #2 option on a 47 win team out west over a guy like AK47 who put up solid numbers on low volume on a HORRIBLE team.

Same reason I never voted for VC at SG.

ManRam
08-12-2013, 01:21 PM
If nothing separates them I'm much more likely to go with a guy who was the #2 option on a 47 win team out west over a guy like AK47 who put up solid numbers on low volume on a HORRIBLE team.

That's fair...but I don't think any of these guys had a much more drastic effect on their team's success (or lack thereof) than the others. I think Parsons just played on a better team...and that doesn't magically make him better than the others.

The volume point is my biggest trepidation with AK and Vince as well. But still, I'd rather have a smart well-rounded player who knows his limitations (AK47) than a terrible high volume/low efficiency scorer who doesn't have much of a basketball IQ (Gay). There's not a single team in the league, even a team without a scorer, that I'd prefer having Gay on than those other 3 :shrug: I don't care if he's been a 1st or second option in his career or even that he is right now, he's not good at that.

It's a bit tougher with Parsons, but a lot of his successes were due to the system that covered up a bulk of his flaws. I do think this upcoming season he will be clearly better than AK and Gay, however.

dalton749
08-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Rudy will average 22/7/3 next year on 48% and 39% shooting

tredigs
08-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Rudy will average 22/7/3 next year on 48% and 39% shooting

Hahah career year all over the map on volume AND scoring efficiency eh? Not happening. But a nice thought.

dalton749
08-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Hahah career year all over the map on volume AND scoring efficiency eh? Not happening. But a nice thought.

His eye surgery will help bring his shooting numbers back to where they used to be, and playing on the wing next to derozan helps him get much better looks than with tony Allen.
Plus Toronto is much more athletic than Memphis and should get more opportunity to get out and run

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Parson is not better than AK

Sportfan
08-13-2013, 07:55 AM

Except like VC, Kirilenko was the 2nd best player on his team last year. Hell he was the best player on that team for some time. Minny was completely injury-riddled, Love missed 50 games, Rubio missed half the year, the only starter who missed less than 20 games was Luke ****ing Ridnour. Parsons had a top 5 player with him. Kirilenko had a fringe top 10 center for 75% of the season next to him.

You're also completely ignoring defense. Kirilenko is a top 5 SF defender, argubaly top 3. Bron and Iggy are the top 2, and I have AK/Marion battling it out for 3/4 with Deng 5th. bulls fans will jump on taht instantly but AK had better defensive metrics with MUCH worse defense around him. kirilenko's defense is elite. no one else on this list has an offenseive or defensive game as elite as Kirilenko's. Tony Allen got ranked 6th best SG for his defense alone, and Kirilenko's more well rounded in other areas.

That being said I was a huge Parsons fan coming out of Florida and he will be in the top 7-8 next season

By the way I didn't watch much Blazers last year but when did he become such a passer? Went from 8 AST% the past 4 years to 20+% this season.

Jamiecballer
08-13-2013, 12:11 PM
shoot i missed the vote. my vote for Kidd-Gilchrist would have changed everything

ManRam
08-13-2013, 12:19 PM
His eye surgery will help bring his shooting numbers back to where they used to be, and playing on the wing next to derozan helps him get much better looks than with tony Allen.
Plus Toronto is much more athletic than Memphis and should get more opportunity to get out and run

His eye surgery gonna fix his basketball IQ and shot selection?

Jamiecballer
08-13-2013, 12:29 PM
His eye surgery gonna fix his basketball IQ and shot selection?

yar.

i was thinking of starting a thread - who is more over-rated, Rudy Gay or Carmelo Anthony but the internet would probably ****ing break :)

Raps08-09 Champ
08-13-2013, 01:27 PM
yar.

i was thinking of starting a thread - who is more over-rated, Rudy Gay or Carmelo Anthony but the internet would probably ****ing break :)

Based on this poll, that's an easy answer.

Chronz
08-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I dont think Rudy is deserving based on last year but I do think hes the most talented of the bunch and is poised to FINALLY break out this year. I think everything is in his favor now, this is it tho. After this year, I lose all hope for him.

dalton749
08-13-2013, 05:33 PM
I dont think Rudy is deserving based on last year but I do think hes the most talented of the bunch and is poised to FINALLY break out this year. I think everything is in his favor now, this is it tho. After this year, I lose all hope for him.

pretty much this
he couldn't ask for a better situation to prove him self

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:39 AM
^ya I gotta agree with that