PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock-Offseason Championship: (1) Heat vs (1) Spurs

Shammyguy3
08-11-2013, 10:07 PM
The Bulls' Forum held its own Mock-Offseason. Teams were randomly assigned to users who then had the opportunity to improve their roster through the draft, free agency, and trades. Every player is considered 100% healthy, so vote accordingly. This is the Finals matchup. Which team wins in a 7-game series?

Miami Heat
Pg: Mario Chalmers/Norris Cole
Sg: Eric Gordon/Nick Young
Sf: Lebron James/Nicolas Batum/Mike Miller/James Jones
Pf: Udonis Haslem/Josh Mcroberts/Rashard Lewis
C: Chris Bosh/Joel Anthony

San Antonio
PG: George Hill - Jeff Teague - Derek Fisher
SG: Paul George - Lance Stephenson - Orlando Johnson
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Kyle Korver
PF: Tim Duncan - Kenyon Martin
C: Al Jefferson - Tiago Splitter - Aron Bynes

*** Miami has Home-Court Advantage ***

tredigs
08-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I'd say SAS beats 'em up. Too many mismatches and the perfect defensive combo of George/Kawhi on Lebron. Plus a better bench.

TrueFan420
08-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Spurs they would kill the heat on the inside and have 2 players to through at Lebron and will make him work for it.

Guppyfighter
08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Both these teams are worse than before.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-11-2013, 10:56 PM

Really? I think Spurs got better. Lance/George/leanord/Kenyon/Duncan to all atleast slow down Lebron a bit. Korver replaces Neal's shooting. Obviously George isn't as good as Parker but assuming pop is still the coach, hell be fine. Pop LOVED hill before the trade. You might be under eating Teague as well. And Jefferson/Splitter could share minutes depending on matchups. And Although I'm a huge Manu fan, getting rid of him could be addition by subtraction for his age

Guppyfighter
08-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Really? I think Spurs got better. Lance/George/leanord/Kenyon/Duncan to all atleast slow down Lebron a bit. Korver replaces Neal's shooting. Obviously George isn't as good as Parker but assuming pop is still the coach, hell be fine. Pop LOVED hill before the trade. You might be under eating Teague as well. And Jefferson/Splitter could share minutes depending on matchups. And Although I'm a huge Manu fan, getting rid of him could be addition by subtraction for his age

I like George Hill, but he is not close to Parker. That being said, it's mostly Al that sours me on this Spurs team. He's an offensive black hole.

I think the Spurs are obviously the best team in this mock, but everyone had a lot of really silly/questionable roster moves which made that possible.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-11-2013, 11:14 PM
I like George Hill, but he is not close to Parker. That being said, it's mostly Al that sours me on this Spurs team. He's an offensive black hole.

I think the Spurs are obviously the best team in this mock, but everyone had a lot of really silly/questionable roster moves which made that possible.

Yeah definitely on the former point but a combo of Hill/Teague would probably be just as good as Parker/Neal. Pop of all coaches knows how to maximize talent. Same could be said of Al, I easily see him benched in smaller lineups or when trying to move the ball more in favor of Duncan. I think their depth is even better than the actual Spurs team. Imagine an end of game lineup (defensively) of George/lance/leanord/Martin/Duncan.

Shammyguy3
08-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Keep the votes coming peeps!

TheSportMessiah
08-12-2013, 02:22 AM

On paper at the very least they are better...yeah they lost Parker and Manu...but they added Paul George, Al Jeff, George Hill, and Kyle Korver...think they are pretty solid.

zedrix
08-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Spurs front court would be too much to handle. Heat don't have much advantage in the back court either.

Spurs wins series in five games.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 06:04 AM
The Spurs last year were arguably the better team than the Heat. After these roster moves? Not even close.

The Heat lost their most productive big man and their second best player... Replacing Andersen with Anthony who is barely replacement level, and Wade with Gordon?

Now, luckily Batum and Lebron will receive around 85 of the 96 available minutes at the 3/4, while Haslem will take the other 11. From there, Anthony will see about 12 at the 5 and Miami's horrible PG duo of Chalmers and Cole will not have Wade to cover for them. I pray Spoelstra is smart enough to play Miller over Young, but it won't be enough. The Heat don't stand a chance.

Pop is too smart an he has the perfect team designed to decimate the Heat. He will never let Jefferson see the light of day. Seriously, he might not see any minutes. Why would he?

Stevenson start at 2, Paul George at 3, and Kawhi at 4, matching Miami's small ball with Batum and James, and effectively neutralizing them (as much as James can be neutralized).

Duncan dominates Bosh (again), and Splitter plays plenty of minutes destroying Anthony and Haslem.

Hill and Teague will basically just have to stay home on shooters and it is done, as Wade is no longer there to provide help on the screens on the other side, making Hill now just as effective as Parker was. Sprinkle in Korver off the bench? This Spurs team is nasty.

This one just might be a sweep. I will give LeBron one win. Spurs in 5.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Btw, I am on my phone and can't figure out how to vote. Mod??

Shammyguy3
08-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Spurs win the Bulls' Mock-Offseason Championship.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
:)

TrueFan420
08-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Big surprise who the one heat voter was