PDA

View Full Version : Harden & Dwight OR Wade & Shaq?

Goose17
08-11-2013, 12:28 PM
We already know how the Wade/Shaq combo ended. But do you think Harden and Dwight will be a more successful combo?

Disclaimer; This is entirely speculation, obviously. We've yet to see them play together so there's no way of really knowing. But based on their play styles, career so far, coaching staff etc we can at least speculate.

Second Disclaimer; Yeah these threads are dull, but it's the off season. Deal with it.

kenzo400
08-11-2013, 12:48 PM
We already know how the Wade/Shaq combo ended. But do you think Harden and Dwight will be a more successful combo?

Disclaimer; This is entirely speculation, obviously. We've yet to see them play together so there's no way of really knowing. But based on their play styles, career so far, coaching staff etc we can at least speculate.

Second Disclaimer; Yeah these threads are dull, but it's the off season. Deal with it.

Wade in his prime (with no serious injuries) along with Shaq in his prime is easily the better combination.

Minimal
08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
WTF is this question? If it was Wade & Howard and Harden & Shaq then we could argue, but its obviously Wade & Shaq.

Verbal Christ
08-11-2013, 12:56 PM
ask this question again in 3 years. You know what you have with Wade/Shaq, you still have to see how Harden/Howard will mesh.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Wade in his prime (with no serious injuries) along with Shaq in his prime is easily the better combination.

Right but Shaq wasn't in his prime in Miami.

I'm asking if people think Harden and Dwight will have more success than Wade and Shaq had.

PhillyFaninLA
08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Prime Wade better then prime Harden, Prime Shaq better then prime Dwight

Goose17
08-11-2013, 01:12 PM

Harden hasn't hit his prime yet. Not entirely sure D12 has either, so what makes you so sure?

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 01:13 PM

This is really not close but to try to even it up if HARDEN/HOWARD make basically 2 FINALS trips(1 even WCF) out of those 3 yrs then it will be even, im sure had WADE not got injured being up 3-2 they would have went to FINALS year 1, SHAQ was aged but still 20 and 10, HARDEN may be a slightly better perimeter shooter but he cant hold a candle to the guy I dubbed when he first came into the league as a bigger version of BUBBACHUCK

Goose17
08-11-2013, 01:15 PM
This is really not close but to try to even it up if HARDEN/HOWARD make basically 2 FINALS trips(1 even WCF) out of those 3 yrs then it will be even

Do you think they can do it?

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Heres the thing about 'prime', what years are you talking?

SHAQ scouting report was 'dominating inside' pts rebounds blocks, pre NBA

SHAQ was getting WILT rules thrown at him at LSU then doubled at ORL to triple teamed in LA, DIESEL avg like 24 and 14 as rookie and was in FINALS his 2nd year in league and avg 29ppg that year also damn near 30ppg his 8th year? where is his prime since he is so damn dominant from day 1?

WADE carried his team to 1st rd victory without SHAQ, HARDEN couldn't without KD
WADE won it all with old man SHAQ, HARDEN couldn't get it done with young killer KD and RUSS

its not even close rather prime nor primetime nor father time

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Do you think they can do it?

Its possible but they are not on the individual level of WADE/SHAQ in my book but to each his own

HARDEN is 24 and HOWARD is 28

WADE was young but SHAQ had already been through wars with PENNY/bean for years

people forget they were up against PISTONS 3-2 before that phantom WADE rib injury or something that of nature, it would have been 2 for 2 in FINALS trips, that 3rd year made it all so sour it seems

Triple_Ocho
08-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Harden hasn't hit his prime yet. Not entirely sure D12 has either, so what makes you so sure?

I watched some Orlando tape of Dwight from 2008-2009... I watched almost all the Lakers games this last season. Dwight has hit his ceiling IMO... He is very good. Best center in the league, but he hasn't improved at all since his trip to the finals. Dwight has 2 moves. Jab step, drive to the middle for a lefty hook, and spin move baseline... If he didnt do one of those 2 moves he either got stripped, fouled, or he did the fouling (offensive foul). Prime Wade > Prime Harden, Leaving his prime Shaq >>> Prime Dwight

Bostonjorge
08-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Shaq

MygirlhatesCod
08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
why??????????????? The love for Harden is insane!!!!!!! he is a year removed from plucking splinters out of his *** in OKC. and now after one year as a starter he is=Wade? and the Shaq Howard Comparison might have made sense before howard's injury but now, no way! a 26 year old Dwight had a slightly worse season than a 36 year old shaq had in phoenix. all with a better supporting cast. straight bonkers

Goose17
08-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I watched some Orlando tape of Dwight from 2008-2009... I watched almost all the Lakers games this last season. Dwight has hit his ceiling IMO... He is very good. Best center in the league, but he hasn't improved at all since his trip to the finals. Dwight has 2 moves. Jab step, drive to the middle for a lefty hook, and spin move baseline... If he didnt do one of those 2 moves he either got stripped, fouled, or he did the fouling (offensive foul). Prime Wade > Prime Harden, Leaving his prime Shaq >>> Prime Dwight

I think Prime Wade will be better than Prime Harden, but Harden hasn't hit his prime, so how can you be so sure?

kenzo400
08-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Right but Shaq wasn't in his prime in Miami.

I'm asking if people think Harden and Dwight will have more success than Wade and Shaq had.

He didn't specify that he meant when they actually got together. He just used history to show that it didn't work out that well in the long run. Of course, I would take Howard and Harden right now, since Shaq's game suffered tremendously because of injuries after they won the title.

rockets-fan
08-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Wade and Shaquille no question

tbron
08-13-2013, 01:31 AM
wade and shaq

mexican dodger
08-13-2013, 01:36 AM
What about kobe and shaq? 3 peat

todu82
08-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Wade and Shaq

SportsFanatic10
08-25-2013, 04:41 AM
how is this a real question, even with shaq past his prime when they won in 06. i don't even think it's remotely close.

JeremiahWing
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Shaq has an extraordinary legacy when it comes to playing the two-man game at a high level. Dwight Howard doesn't.

It's not close.

rjkgr
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
thats not even a question in some books because they shaq is to big for dwight and dwade and him played already with each other! and looked good together... we dont know how harden and dwight will be together

mdm692
10-06-2013, 02:55 PM

How can you say that when Harden is barely entering his prime? He still has plenty of room to improve. Give them at least 1 season together then we can talk. I really want to see how effective the Harden/Dwight pick-n-roll is going to be. If they stay on the same page and keep egos aside I think they can be as good as the Nash/Stat pick-n-roll.

jstone0716
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Whether Harden is half the player D-Wade was(is) is still yet to be seen. I think he has the chops to be one of the leagues top 3-4 players. But Dwight on the other hand... I think post prime Shaq and prime Dwight are pretty even. Dwight just isn't THAT good relatively speaking. Either way this one is easy for me - Wade/Shaq.

Lakersfan2483
10-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Shaq and Wade and it's not even remotely close. A better question would be Shaq and Wade or Hakeem and Harden.

JordansBulls
10-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Wade and Shaq. Come on now.

Tmac and Yao or Harden and Dwight is a better comparison.