PDA

View Full Version : 7 Years Of LeBron James or 14 Years of Kevin Durant?

NYKnickFanatic
08-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Say you're the GM of a bad team, yadda yadda yadda...

And go!

MODS, PLEASE ADD A POLL. Thanks.

Zefflin
08-09-2013, 03:45 PM

More-Than-Most
08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
It will never end :pity:

14 years of durant quite easily.... 7 years of Lebron over 10 or 11 years of durant but 14 years is way to big a gap

jerellh528
08-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Durant easy as Sunday morning.

Minimal
08-09-2013, 04:05 PM
LeBron is great and stuff, but Durant is not that bad too, so Durant for 14 years.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 04:17 PM
really mods ban this guy.....

HowFit
08-09-2013, 04:18 PM
It will never end :pity:

14 years of durant quite easily.... 7 years of Lebron over 10 or 11 years of durant but 14 years is way to big a gap

I agree. Twice as many years a little to far...

Bostonjorge
08-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Durant cause of his first 7 years.

Bruno
08-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Durant easily.

he is a 1A option who can be built around with legitimate championship aspirations.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Who needs 14 years? I'd take....
19yr old KD > 19yr old LBJ
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

Lebron is a GREAT player but what did he do in his first 7 yrs( prior to MIAMI) that KD couldnt come close to or do himself?

xxplayerxx23
08-09-2013, 04:42 PM
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

Lebron is a GREAT player but what did he do in his first 7 yrs( prior to MIAMI) that KD couldnt come close to or do himself?

Lol no

bucketss
08-09-2013, 04:42 PM
well durant has goat potential and 14 years is a lot,....

bucketss
08-09-2013, 04:43 PM
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

LOOL, no.

Minimal
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

Durant didn't make the finals with Larry Hughes as 2nd best player on a team, he made it with Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. Need I to go on?

Bruno
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Durant didn't make the finals with Larry Hughes as 2nd best player on a team, he made it with Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. Need I to go on?

larry hughes wasn't the second, third, fourth or fifth best player on that team. they got to the finals because LBJ emerged and they had top five defensive discipline.

LBJ and the Cavs also go to go through what was at the time a pathetically weak eastern conference (post prime Pistons, pre Big-three in Boston).

JordansBulls
08-09-2013, 04:56 PM
14 years of Durant handily. Maybe switch it to 7 years of Lebron vs 9 years of Durant.

Bostonjorge
08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
So what's does 7 years of lebron and no wade or bosh get u in the west?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Durant.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Durant pretty easily.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM

billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

lawson,jr smith,chris andersen off the bench..

championsihp, probably.

jrm2054
08-09-2013, 05:04 PM
KD easy

IKnowHoops
08-09-2013, 05:05 PM

A lot more than what Durant and no westbrook, or harden in the west. Thats why they were still able to draft those great players because Durant as a youngster was getting his head bashed and the team sucked.

Lebron on the other hand by his second year was leading his team to second round of the playoffs with a garbage roster. Bron was too good for his own good, plain and simple.

smiddy012
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Terrible. Thread.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

championsihp, probably.

Thats a great team. I concur with a Championship. They are a B or higher at every position with great athletes coming off the bench. With Lebron that team would crush. Well actually Aflalo is probaby a C+/B-.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Lol no

LOOL, no.

Wow, you guys think LBJ 4yrs ago was a better player than KD was last year?

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Put Durant on the Heat and Durant is the winning MVP's and rings.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 05:28 PM
billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

championsihp, probably.

Or a smacking from the Lakers.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

championsihp, probably.

Damn thats a good team.

WadeKobe
08-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Give me 7 years of Levron over 8 or 9 years of Durant. 10 or more, give me Durant. 14? Where do I sign?

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Durant... EASILY.

Durant and Lebron's first 7 years in the nba are ridiculously close except for the fact that lebron played in one of the weaker conferences ever. Stats are nearly identical and in fact Durant is MORE efficient than bron through those first 7. This fallacy that james' career is untouchable is a joke and a slap in the face to KD. He is EVERY bit as good.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol no

billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

championsihp, probably.

FOH, How do you take players from a team 7 yrs after LBJ was drafted and act like that would gaurantee the same team if he was there?
His team would have been
1. Andre Miller
2. Voshon Leonard
3. LBJ
4. Camby
5. NeNe

with earl boykins,francisco elson and jon barry off the bench.

Then....
1. Miller
2. Greg Buckner/Demarr Johnson
3. LBJ
4. Kenyon
5. Camby

With Boykins,Elson and Byron Russell off the bench

Then followed by
1. A Miller
2. Buckner/DeMarr Johnson
3. LBJ
4. Martin/NeNe
5. Elson/Camby

with Ruben Patterson,Howard Eisley,Boykins and Najera off the bench.

Nice try though

OlivaThor
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Please stop with threads like this

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:41 PM

what happened to kd when westbrook went down?

also you said lebron 19 < durant 19, thats laughable,

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Put Durant on the Heat and Durant is the winning MVP's and rings.

put durant on the shaq led lakers, he would had 10 chips.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Or a smacking from the Lakers.

melo took them to 6 games, hell a bunch of kids in okc were a tip in from gasol away from forcing 7 games on them. lakers aint smacking ****.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 05:48 PM
what happened to kd when westbrook went down?

also you said lebron 19 < durant 19, thats laughable,

You didnt answer the question though. From what you said, you believe LBJ was better 4 years ago than Durant is now?

tredigs
08-09-2013, 05:48 PM

He was averaging 30 and 7 on high efficiency (just over 60% TS), which Durant can match or beat, but then you have the nearly 9 APG. Durant's playmaking got better, but obviously it's not on that level. At that point for LBJ their D probably wasn't much different, but that's around where he made a bigger leap on that end.

I'd say every year at the same age Lebron has been slightly better due to the gap in playmaking being larger than the gap in their scoring ability.

I'm not sure, "what happened to Durant when Westbrook went down?" is a decent argument. For one, the team lost their top playmaker IN the playoffs, but Durant took the reigns and averaged 31/9/6 on 57% TS. That 2nd round was against the leagues top D, too.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
FOH, How do you take players from a team 7 yrs after LBJ was drafted and act like that would gaurantee the same team if he was there?
His team would have been
1. Andre Miller
2. Voshon Leonard
3. LBJ
4. Camby
5. NeNe

with earl boykins,francisco elson and jon barry off the bench.

Then....
1. Miller
2. Greg Buckner/Demarr Johnson
3. LBJ
4. Kenyon
5. Camby

With Boykins,Elson and Byron Russell off the bench

Then followed by
1. A Miller
2. Buckner/DeMarr Johnson
3. LBJ
4. Martin/NeNe
5. Elson/Camby

with Ruben Patterson,Howard Eisley,Boykins and Najera off the bench.

Nice try though

lool, so why are you listing this team than, according to you the team would be different with lebron.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 05:50 PM
You didnt answer the question though. From what you said, you believe LBJ was better 4 years ago than Durant is now?

yup, lebron was mvp, leading a bunch scrubs to a 61 win season.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
lool, so why are you listing this team than, according to you the team would be different with lebron.

B/cuz those are the players that was under contract when he would have been drafted. If you dont think the team COULD have went in a different direction 7 years later with LBJ on the team, then forget this topic, you win.

yup, lebron was mvp, leading a bunch scrubs to a 61 win season.

Ok. then it's nothing more to say to you. You got the juice

bucketss
08-09-2013, 06:08 PM
B/cuz those are the players that was under contract when he would have been drafted. If you dont think the team COULD have went in a different direction 7 years later with LBJ on the team, then forget this topic, you win.

Ok. then it's nothing more to say to you. You got the juice

lol

lebron 4 years ago: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

durant now: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

factor in that lebron had mo williams, and durant had westbrook( we all know how he did without westbrook taking pressure off him), i think you should put down that purple drank.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
lebron in 2008 would be the best player in the league today,

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
He was averaging 30 and 7 on high efficiency (just over 60% TS), which Durant can match or beat, but then you have the nearly 9 APG. Durant's playmaking got better, but obviously it's not on that level. At that point for LBJ their D probably wasn't much different, but that's around where he made a bigger leap on that end.

I'd say every year at the same age Lebron has been slightly better due to the gap in playmaking being larger than the gap in their scoring ability.

I'm not sure, "what happened to Durant when Westbrook went down?" is a decent argument. For one, the team lost their top playmaker IN the playoffs, but Durant took the reigns and averaged 31/9/6 on 57% TS. That 2nd round was against the leagues top D, too.

I dont need you to tell me the stats. Stats can be manipulated for your stance. Like you bringing up the assist per game means nothing considering LBJ was the PG for that team and Durant had an Allstar PG on his team handling the ball. I just asked a simple question.

DO YOU BELEIVE THAT LBJ WAS A BETTER PLAYER 4 YRS/SEASONS( 08-09) AGO THAN DURANT IS RIGHT NOW? If Lebron retired 4 yrs/seasons ago prior to going to Miami after losing to Orlando in the playoffs, he would still be better than Durant to this day?
You dont have to prove it to me, I want to just make sure thats what you are saying.

elledaddy
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
lol

lebron 4 years ago: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

durant now: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01.html

factor in that lebron had mo williams, and durant had westbrook( we all know how he did without westbrook taking pressure off him), i think you should put down that purple drank.

I dont see how you bringing up Westbrook HELPS your arguement. Unless you believe Durant would average the same or less PTS/AST/REBS if WBROOK wasnt there.. Anyway I said you got the Juice man , I gracefully bow out

SportsFanatic10
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
durant is too good to not take for double the time.

majmarcus
08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
This has GOT to stop...NOW DAMMIT NOW!!!!

bucketss
08-09-2013, 06:56 PM
I dont see how you bringing up Westbrook HELPS your arguement. Unless you believe Durant would average the same or less PTS/AST/REBS if WBROOK wasnt there.. Anyway I said you got the Juice man , I gracefully bow out

conceding defeat, good,save yourself the embarrassment.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:03 PM
conceding defeat, good,save yourself the embarrassment.

you've more than embarrassed yourself... Durant plays in the MUCH more difficult conference. if you don't fault LBJ for having wade and bosh now, then you cant fault Durant for Westy.

the fact is that Durant is a bit better on offense and nearly equal with the edge to LBJ on defense throughout their first 7 years. one finals loss as well.... Durant playing elite completion isn't a fault of his.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
you've more than embarrassed yourself... Durant plays in the MUCH more difficult conference. if you don't fault LBJ for having wade and bosh now, then you cant fault Durant for Westy.

the fact is that Durant is a bit better on offense and nearly equal with the edge to LBJ on defense throughout their first 7 years. one finals loss as well.... Durant playing elite completion isn't a fault of his.

we're talking about lebron 4 yrs ago vs durant now, lol wth, lebron proved he can put up insane numbers without those guys, and you're talking like wade has been in his prime, dude has been hobbled past two years, while bosh gets softer every game.

also, go check out lebron record vs the west,

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I dont need you to tell me the stats. Stats can be manipulated for your stance. Like you bringing up the assist per game means nothing considering LBJ was the PG for that team and Durant had an Allstar PG on his team handling the ball. I just asked a simple question.

DO YOU BELEIVE THAT LBJ WAS A BETTER PLAYER 4 YRS/SEASONS( 08-09) AGO THAN DURANT IS RIGHT NOW? If Lebron retired 4 yrs/seasons ago prior to going to Miami after losing to Orlando in the playoffs, he would still be better than Durant to this day?
You dont have to prove it to me, I want to just make sure thats what you are saying.

lol @ the high horse coming from the kid that made no argument backing up your side. The answer is yes, for the exact reasons laid out. There are more advanced stats that would paint the picture clearer, but obviously that would not matter to you. Make your case or get off the pot.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:17 PM
we're talking about lebron 4 yrs ago vs durant now, lol wth, lebron proved he can put up insane numbers without those guys, and you're talking like wade has been in his prime, dude has been hobbled past two years, while bosh gets softer every game.

also, go check out lebron record vs the west,

Durant now is the same age as lebron 4 years ago... ugh.

there's nothing you can show numbers or achievements wise that state Lebron is clearly better. NONE. He has an MVP but Lebron didnt also have someone at this level of player (Lebron now) to challenge.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:19 PM
watch out there brotha, or he will accuse you of "having the juice".

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Durant's the better shooter, but Lebron's superior ability to attack the paint and score in the paint makes even their scoring ability fairly even. Westbrook or no Westbrook, KD does not have Lebron's playming ability; 2013, 2009, or 2006 Lebron. He also would hold no edge defensively or rebounding to that LBJ. It's pretty cut and dry to me.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:22 PM

there's nothing you can show numbers or achievements wise that state Lebron is clearly better. NONE. He has an MVP but Lebron didnt also have someone at this level of player (Lebron now) to challenge.

when you look at the season + the playoffs, yes i can. lets compare lebrons playoffs and durants those years shall we?:)

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:27 PM

Other than WinShares, PER, Asst%, Turnover%, WS/48, WP/48, RAPM, PPG, All NBA 1st Team Defense, MVP?

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:28 PM
when you look at the season + the playoffs, yes i can. lets compare lebrons playoffs and durants those years shall we?:)

Again numbers nearly identical with KD being more efficient offensively... and considering one is a shooter and the other is a slasher that is nothing short of remarkable. And Tre... KD is the better rebounder. stats dont lie right?

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Other than WinShares, PER, Asst%, Turnover%, WS/48, WP/48, RAPM, PPG, All NBA 1st Team Defense?

Lebron played PG most of those first years, we both know this. Per is skewed because lebron shoots more. KD is the better offensive player. KD turns it over .1 times more per36. thats 8 TO's more a season. stop grasping at straws. these "edges" he has are negligible at best and thats with LBJ playing in a much weaker conference.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Again numbers nearly identical with KD being more efficient offensively... and considering one is a shooter and the other is a slasher that is nothing short of remarkable. And Tre... KD is the better rebounder. stats dont lie right?

their playoff number were nearly identical:confused:

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:35 PM

Pretty damn close rebound %'s - 11.8 to 11.1, while Lebron was giving up boards to Shaq, Z, Jamison and Varajao? Nah, wouldn't say so. Context is king my man.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Lebron played PG most of those first years, we both know this. Per is skewed because lebron shoots more. KD is the better offensive player. KD turns it over .1 times more per36. thats 8 TO's more a season. stop grasping at straws. these "edges" he has are negligible at best and thats with LBJ playing in a much weaker conference.

and durant with a much better team? that makes up for it. also the "west" isn't slowing lebron down.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:38 PM
KD has the better offensive numbers and Lebron defensive. One played weaker competition, the other didnt. Lebron has shot it 200 more times and that HELPS per even if less efficient.

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:38 PM

"PER" does award shots, the problem with that distinction here is that the gap in PER was far larger than 3 attempts per game (at ultra high efficiency) accounts for. The gap was because of his superior playmaking abilities. Which was better than KD is currently at by a massive margin. To pretend otherwise "because he was a PG" is just digging yourself a bigger hole here.

It's not like I'm pretending it is a massive gap, it isn't. As I said, "it's slight", but also clear.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Pretty damn close rebound %'s - 11.8 to 11.1, while Lebron was giving up boards to Shaq, Z, Jamison and Varajao? Nah, wouldn't say so. Context is king my man.

Ibaka is a bad rebounder? NO. theyre identical rebounders, stop.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:41 PM
"PER" does award shots, the problem with that distinction here is that the gap in PER was far larger than 3 attempts per game (at ultra high efficiency) accounts for. The gap was because of his superior playmaking abilities. Which was better than KD is currently at by a massive margin. To pretend otherwise is just digging yourself a bigger hole here.

It's not like I'm pretending it is a massive gap, it isn't. As I said, "it's slight", but also clear.

You are though, KD is doing things on offense lebron simply cant do. Defensively Lebron has the edge ill give that. But to say KD cant be a playmaker is a joke. He hasnt been asked to, that is all.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 07:42 PM
KD has the better offensive numbers and Lebron defensive. One played weaker competition, the other didnt. Lebron has shot it 200 more times and that HELPS per even if less efficient.

lebron played with mo willianms, durant played with westbrook, druant folded without westbrook taking pressure off him. lebron dropped nearly 40 ppg agaisnt the magic with mo williams as his wing man.

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:47 PM
You are though, KD is doing things on offense lebron simply cant do. Defensively Lebron has the edge ill give that. But to say KD cant be a playmaker is a joke. He hasnt been asked to, that is all.

Like what, shoot 40% from three? Have a deadly mid-range game? Oh... wait. And yes, I'm sure KD would be averaging 8.6 apg over the course of a season (on a lower Turnover% and higher Usage% than '13 KD) - a level that about 3 forwards in history can reach - if just given the chance. Good call brah.

Ibaka is a bad rebounder? NO. theyre identical rebounders, stop.

Why are you just blindly making stuff up at this point? You said KD was better because of his rpg, I proved otherwise when you put them in context. That Cavs team had far better paint rebounding, period. And it diminished Lebron's impact there in comparison to what OKC currently has, and even then it was nearly identical. Did I ever say Lebron was better at rebounding? No, I just showed you why KD isn't.

tredigs
08-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Definitely disagree with this notion that KD folded without Westbrook. He killed it, and finally lost when gameplanned for by the best Defense in the game in a 7 game series (with zero practices without Westbrook, mind you). KD dominated as well as anyone could have asked for, he just got absolutely worthless help.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
lebron played with mo willianms, durant played with westbrook, druant folded without westbrook taking pressure off him. lebron dropped nearly 40 ppg agaisnt the magic with mo williams as his wing man.

go look at KD's numbers ... he absolutely did not fold. This was also against the number one defense in the nba. he put up lebronesque numbers and was efficient. How soon you forget Lebron and his shortcomings. How many times did he lose as a favored team? without any injuries.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Like what, shoot 40% from three? Have a deadly mid-range game? Oh... wait. And yes, I'm sure KD would be averaging 8.6 apg over the course of a season (on a lower Turnover% and higher Usage% than '13 KD) - a level that about 3 forwards in history can reach - if just given the chance. Good call brah.

Why are you just blindly making stuff up at this point? You said KD was better because of his rpg, I proved otherwise when you put them in context. That Cavs team had far better paint rebounding, period. And it diminished Lebron's impact there in comparison to what OKC currently has, and even then it was nearly identical. Did I ever say Lebron was better at rebounding? No, I just showed you why KD isn't.

50-40-90 with a high usage rating. only player to ever lead the league in scoring with a +60% TS%. yes.

YOURE the one who said lebron was the much better rebounder. i was stating he absolutely is not.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 08:02 PM
go look at KD's numbers ... he absolutely did not fold. This was also against the number one defense in the nba. he put up lebronesque numbers and was efficient. How soon you forget Lebron and his shortcomings. How many times did he lose as a favored team? without any injuries.

who cares, this is about lebron 2008-09 vs durant 2013, idk why u mentioning his other shortcomings.

MTar786
08-09-2013, 08:05 PM
would you guys take lebron for 6 years or mad dog madsen for 32 years? .....with 3 extra years at a discount

tredigs
08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
50-40-90 with a high usage rating. only player to ever lead the league in scoring with a +60% TS%. yes.

YOURE the one who said lebron was the much better rebounder. i was stating he absolutely is not.

Uh, no, I didn't:

Other than WinShares, PER, Asst%, Turnover%, WS/48, WP/48, RAPM, PPG, All NBA 1st Team Defense, MVP? ^ You just randomly brought it up after that post.

And KD's the only one to lead the league in scoring with a +60% TS? No, false. Jordan for sure. Bird was right there (did get the 50/40/90 as a scoring leader). Not sure about others because it's an arbitrary line that I don't feel like looking into too much, but there's no doubting his scoring efficiency. That's his bread 'n butter.

But, Lebron did average 29.7 ppg on a .604 TS that year, which is actually higher PPG than KD led it with last year on >60% by quite a bit. Let's not pretend like their overall scoring is in a different league. KD's just a dynamic shooter where as Lebron is a dynamic slasher. But both can do both.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 08:10 PM
who cares, this is about lebron 2008-09 vs durant 2013, idk why u mentioning his other shortcomings.

No it isnt.... its comparing them at the same perspective years in the nba. Lebron's 09' playoffs was a statistical anomaly. The exception, not the rule. and even then he lost a series in which his team was favored.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Uh, no, I didn't:
^ You just randomly brought it up after that post.

And KD's the only one to lead the league in scoring with a +60% TS? No, false. Jordan for sure. Bird was right there (did get the 50/40/90 as a scoring leader). Not sure about others because it's an arbitrary line that I don't feel like looking into too much, but there's no doubting his scoring efficiency. That's his bread 'n butter.

But, Lebron did average 29.7 ppg on a .604 TS that year, which is actually higher PPG than KD led it with last year on >60% by quite a bit. Let's not pretend like their overall scoring is in a different league. KD's just a dynamic shooter where as Lebron is a dynamic slasher. But both can do both.

Kd and Lebron have equal .600 TS% seasons. Lebron has two since joining the heat. KD has five less years in the nba. They are not the same offensively. and ive read on more than one occasion that KD was the first to lead the league in scoring with that distinction. i maybe wrong but id like to see it if i am.

EDIT: just read up... stand corrected.

tredigs
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Couldn't help myself, looks like Bird never actually led the league in scoring which is surprising. Just top 2-5 with that efficiency. As far as leading with the >60% TS though, it was Jordan, Adrian Dantley and Kareem. Gervin was right there a few times at >59. Lebron too as we talked about. It's not uncharted territory as you claimed is the point. And there might be more, those are just who I thought of.

Kd and Lebron have equal .600 TS% seasons. Lebron has two since joining the heat. KD has five less years in the nba. They are not the same offensively. and ive read on more than one occasion that KD was the first to lead the league in scoring with that distinction. i maybe wrong but id like to see it if i am.

Go check their bbref's -- >

And you're right, they're not the same offensively. Lebron's playmaking gives him the edge. Scoring =/ all offense.

Anyway, lost my vigor for this debate unless you come out with something interesting to sway the facts. The argument is laid out.

ramsizzle
08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
You keep questioning Durants playmaking. He isnt ASKED to be a playmaker. to say he isnt is a joke. if Lebron has westbrook you think he'd average 8 assists a game?

bucketss
08-09-2013, 08:26 PM
No it isnt.... its comparing them at the same perspective years in the nba. Lebron's 09' playoffs was a statistical anomaly. The exception, not the rule. and even then he lost a series in which his team was favored.

well, thats what me and the other dude was arguing, don't jump in if you don't know whats going on...

tredigs
08-09-2013, 08:32 PM
You keep questioning Durants playmaking. He isnt ASKED to be a playmaker. to say he isnt is a joke. if Lebron has westbrook you think he'd average 8 assists a game?

Dude, please. I've watched way more Thunder games since '08 then I care to admit, and KD cannot do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8

It's far more than the #'s or his role, it's the ability. It's NOT a knock on KD, you're doing the disservice of comparing him to a top 3 passing forward in NBA history. And that passing is only strengthened by his superior ball handling and slashing ability. As transcendent a scorer and solid enough playmaker as KD is, he's just not a more potent offensive player. And that's why all the advanced stats I mention lean James in this debate.

But really, I'm done with this. Enjoy the rest of the night I'm heading out.

bucketss

so its westbrooks fault durant averaged more tunrovers than assists most of his career?

ILLUSIONIST^248

Lebrons was a perennial loser his whole life before joining one of the best teams ever. Lebron has an incredible amount of help. People forget about all the *** whooping's he's received in the nba and Olympics before making a super team in the most pathetic eastern conference ever. We would all be laughing our ***** off if Ray Allen didn't hit the most clutch shot of all time. 1-3 in the finals while playing like **** again. Now he's god to everyone because he gets saved and has a good game 7.

bucketss
08-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Lebrons was a perennial loser his whole life before joining one of the best teams ever. Lebron has an incredible amount of help. People forget about all the *** whooping's he's received in the nba and Olympics before making a super team in the most pathetic eastern conference ever. We would all be laughing our ***** off if Ray Allen didn't hit the most clutch shot of all time. 1-3 in the finals while playing like **** again. Now he's god to everyone because he gets saved and has a good game 7.

injured wade, 0 point game 7 bosh,.. OMG SUCH INCREDIBLE HELP.

18 4th q points = saved #LakerFanLogic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVxYAsSAko

/owned yet again.

3RDASYSTEM
08-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Easily KD on this because its double the pleasure of having the at worst 2nd best player in the game and some even have him as 1a since he's been in top 3 mvp talk for some time now in his young but seems old career(3 years Is all I need to see)

BRON is one of the best ever but so is KD

3RDASYSTEM
08-09-2013, 08:49 PM

How is being a perennial loser/choker getting drafted by a 20 win or less bottom feeder? since when did a 22yr old take a team on his back to FINALS? In the entire history of the game

what would bean have done being drafted by the bottom feeding NETS or HORNETS? how would that have panned out, more BRON in CLE or his first 10 years in lakerland?

even you cant be that bball ignorant, but I could be wrong

how many 20 something year old players have single handedly carried a team to FINALS as only scoring option?

Incredible amount of help? I thought they had ****** C and PG help and it showed in 11' FINALS or no? Its the reason why BRON went to post game so he could command the offense on block, which he also masked the PG so called weakness by running that, reason why they won back to back, or do you disagree on that also since you seem to always beg to differ with me?

look at this, bean is your fav player and you say he is the best then how come during his runs of winning titles that he only won 1 nba mvp in like 10yrs? he went to 4 finals in 5yrs with SHAQ and 3 out of 5yrs with PAU

BRON won 2 nba mvp's in CLE being the main reason why they were actual 'contenders'

then he goes and joins 2 all stars and in 3yrs wins 2 nba mvp's and 3 FINALS trips

how can BRON go team up with a alpha male and succeed but bean runs off the biggest alpha male of his era and wanted a trade out of la pre GASOL because he was tired of the 30-40 win seasons as the alpha male?

class is forever in session

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 09:07 PM
injured wade, 0 point game 7 bosh,.. OMG SUCH INCREDIBLE HELP.

18 4th q points = saved #LakerFanLogic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVxYAsSAko

/owned yet again. Wade was perfectly fine in the finals, is that one game supposed to mean something? He's the best 3rd option in the nba. Why don't you talk about the Heat having the best shooting cast and bench in the nba? Lebron fans will go to worlds end to give him all the credit and downplay the Heat team. Did you now see Lebron slowly give the game back to the Spurs as the game came to a close? How about the 3 pointer Lebron put up to tie the game in regulation? Check mate son.
[/QUOTE]

Bostonjorge
08-09-2013, 09:12 PM
How is being a perennial loser/choker getting drafted by a 20 win or less bottom feeder? since when did a 22yr old take a team on his back to FINALS? In the entire history of the game

what would bean have done being drafted by the bottom feeding NETS or HORNETS? how would that have panned out, more BRON in CLE or his first 10 years in lakerland?

even you cant be that bball ignorant, but I could be wrong

how many 20 something year old players have single handedly carried a team to FINALS as only scoring option?

Incredible amount of help? I thought they had ****** C and PG help and it showed in 11' FINALS or no? Its the reason why BRON went to post game so he could command the offense on block, which he also masked the PG so called weakness by running that, reason why they won back to back, or do you disagree on that also since you seem to always beg to differ with me?

look at this, bean is your fav player and you say he is the best then how come during his runs of winning titles that he only won 1 nba mvp in like 10yrs? he went to 4 finals in 5yrs with SHAQ and 3 out of 5yrs with PAU

BRON won 2 nba mvp's in CLE being the main reason why they were actual 'contenders'

then he goes and joins 2 all stars and in 3yrs wins 2 nba mvp's and 3 FINALS trips

how can BRON go team up with a alpha male and succeed but bean runs off the biggest alpha male of his era and wanted a trade out of la pre GASOL because he was tired of the 30-40 win seasons as the alpha male?

class is forever in session

So lebron led a cavs team in the worst conference ever in the history of the NBA. That conference was so weak that kidd led his team to the finals twice with no scoring options on his team. There were 8 teams in the west that would of beat the cavs who got swept similar to Howard last year leading the lakers.

So lebron now has 4 alpha males on his team as u like to call them. If gasol is a alpha male then wade bosh and Allen are alpha males since's there resume's destroy gasol's.

So lebron has the most help ever vs a spurs team were Duncan is not good enough to play in the last seconds of a game and the super heat win cause of the alpha male shooting of Allen.

Durant cause of his first 7 years over James for only 7.

FOXHOUND
08-09-2013, 10:21 PM
14 years?

What the hell does a year 14 Kevin Durant look like?

bucketss
08-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Wade was perfectly fine in the finals, is that one game supposed to mean something? He's the best 3rd option in the nba. Why don't you talk about the Heat having the best shooting cast and bench in the nba? Lebron fans will go to worlds end to give him all the credit and downplay the Heat team. Did you now see Lebron slowly give the game back to the Spurs as the game came to a close? How about the 3 pointer Lebron put up to tie the game in regulation? Check mate son.
[/QUOTE]

and you go to worlds end to discredit lool, why? idk maybe because you're still coming to terms that the king is just a vastly superior player compared to kobe.

b@llhog24
08-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Durant easily.

he is a 1A option who can be built around with legitimate championship aspirations.

This.

20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

False.

larry hughes wasn't the second, third, fourth or fifth best player on that team. they got to the finals because LBJ emerged and they had top five defensive discipline.

LBJ and the Cavs also go to go through what was at the time a pathetically weak eastern conference (post prime Pistons, pre Big-three in Boston).

I doubt KD was carrying them anywhere (as far) at that same age.

tredigs
08-09-2013, 11:45 PM
14 years?

What the hell does a year 14 Kevin Durant look like?

Something like that: http://addictedtothehigh.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/durant2.jpg

Back when his best friend was Greivas Vasquez.

LBJ6
08-10-2013, 01:45 AM
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

What?????:speechless:

LBJ6
08-10-2013, 02:00 AM
I'll go with 7 years of Lebron, heck 14 years of Durant is not even certain yet, with his type of body? doubt it.

heyman321
08-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Lebron, he was a better player.

RiceOnTheRun
08-10-2013, 03:31 AM
20 KD > 20 LBJ
21 KD > 21 LBJ
22 KD > 22 LBJ
23 KD > 23 LBJ
24 KD > 24 LBJ

KD also had a top 5 PG and SG next to him by his 5th year in the league. Not to mention the league's leading shotblocker two years in a row. None of Lebron's teams even hold a candle to that.

On topic, this is a stupid question. 7 years against 14 years, really? I'd probably take 14 years of Durant over 7 of Jordan as well. The difference in length is just too ridiculous. At least with 5/10 it's not as crazy but 14 years of a talent like Durant is pretty much most of his entire career. Durant's too good for someone to pass up for an extra 7 years.

naps
08-10-2013, 05:37 AM
who needs 14 years? I'd take....
19yr old kd > 19yr old lbj
20 kd > 20 lbj
21 kd > 21 lbj
22 kd > 22 lbj
23 kd > 23 lbj
24 kd > 24 lbj

lebron is a great player but what did he do in his first 7 yrs( prior to miami) that kd couldnt come close to or do himself?

lol 2 mvps?

Do you realize he was the best player on the planet 4 years ago? A 2 time reigning MVP that is? Leading bunch of scrubs to 66 wins along with legendary statistical dominance?

naps
08-10-2013, 05:38 AM
btw OP is mad because most people picked LeBron over Melo in another similar thread by a landslide.

naps
08-10-2013, 05:48 AM
dp

NYKnickFanatic
08-10-2013, 07:02 AM
btw OP is mad because most people picked LeBron over Melo in another similar thread by a landslide.

Lol not even...

I picked LeBron myself in that thread...

NYKNYGNYY
08-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Lebron will get u 2 champs he's older
Durant may get u 3 just Cus he's younger

It depends on the cast

sammyvine
08-10-2013, 08:23 AM
people overrate lebrons time with the cavs

he did well but he played in a weak conference

do you honestly think if that cavs team played in the west, they would be getting past the 1st round? his playoff record would be similar to melo's/

3RDASYSTEM
08-10-2013, 09:15 AM
people overrate lebrons time with the cavs

he did well but he played in a weak conference

do you honestly think if that cavs team played in the west, they would be getting past the 1st round? his playoff record would be similar to melo's/

the weak conference/era **** is starting to sound boring

we can all make cases for many teams, even JORDAN had expansion on 2nd 3peat(watered down the league), RUSSELL only played in era with 8 total teams, superteams back then didn't water the league down? if his CAVS played in the west wouldn't they probably have more star talent around BRON? say a MAVS or POR style owner?

he'd still win 55 plus games out West since he damn near won 70 in east right? 66 to be exact

MrfadeawayJB
08-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Durant. Easily. His career will be long and effective. He should age well given his skill set

koreancabbage
08-10-2013, 11:42 AM
since Durant is a superstar already. 14 years with Durant easily. but in NO WAY in your delusional mind is that Durant > Lebron.

Another question.

If Lebron is the 'Jordan' of this era, and Durant is the 'Karl Malone' of this era, would you still pick Durant?

no championships, maybe MVPs, maybe some conference,finals appearances. but no championships.

I mean we already know Lebron already won 2 chip's, regardless of how you think of him and how he did it.

Would you still pick Durant knowing he will never win a championship?

Do you think Utah rather have had Jordan than Malone?

Bostonjorge
08-10-2013, 11:49 AM
the weak conference/era **** is starting to sound boring

we can all make cases for many teams, even JORDAN had expansion on 2nd 3peat(watered down the league), RUSSELL only played in era with 8 total teams, superteams back then didn't water the league down? if his CAVS played in the west wouldn't they probably have more star talent around BRON? say a MAVS or POR style owner?

he'd still win 55 plus games out West since he damn near won 70 in east right? 66 to be exact

Lets see Iverson carried his team to finals in the weakest conference in any era and when he went to the west with a way better team all the way around what happened?

Jason Kidd took his team to the finals twice in the same weak conference and what happened when he went to the west with a much better team he lost in the first rd the next couple of years. Kidd did eventually win a title with dirk eliminating kobe Durant and lebron that year.

Lebron and Cleveland had a better team then Philly so lebron carrying that team is nothing we never seen before. Especially when lebron's finals performance was the worst of the three. So why would he be different? Like I said before no 1st seeds or deep playoff runs.

Bostonjorge
08-10-2013, 12:00 PM
since Durant is a superstar already. 14 years with Durant easily. but in NO WAY in your delusional mind is that Durant > Lebron.

Another question.

If Lebron is the 'Jordan' of this era, and Durant is the 'Karl Malone' of this era, would you still pick Durant?

no championships, maybe MVPs, maybe some conference,finals appearances. but no championships.

I mean we already know Lebron already won 2 chip's, regardless of how you think of him and how he did it.

Would you still pick Durant knowing he will never win a championship?

Do you think Utah rather have had Jordan than Malone?

If Durant can't win a title it's his own fault. Lebron has shown a road to a title any top 50 superstar ever can pull off so Durant just has to make a choice.

koreancabbage
08-10-2013, 12:03 PM
If Durant can't win a title it's his own fault. Lebron has shown a road to a title any top 50 superstar ever can pull off so Durant just has to make a choice.

Durant has no choice- he has a 14 year contract LOL. he has the benefit of the doubt the GM will put great talent around him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-10-2013, 12:24 PM
and you go to worlds end to discredit lool, why? idk maybe because you're still coming to terms that the king is just a vastly superior player compared to kobe.[/QUOTE]
You know you're 20 when you call Lebron king.

Sure, why don't you tell us more about the pathetic eastern conference he has played in his whole career? Lebron would been knocked out in the first round had he been on the west.

Bruno
08-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I doubt KD was carrying them anywhere (as far) at that same age.

nobody on Detroit could have matched up with Durant, but yea it would have taken a behemoth effort on Durants part to get past Detroit (just like LeBron). I was only making the point that the EC was weak and that Larry Hughes wasn't their second best player.

ATX
08-10-2013, 01:10 PM
and you go to worlds end to discredit lool, why? idk maybe because you're still coming to terms that the king is just a vastly superior player compared to kobe.

Sure, why don't you tell us more about the pathetic eastern conference he has played in his whole career? Lebron would been knocked out in the first round had he been on the west.[/QUOTE]

Still irate about James coming off B2B Rings. Gotta learn to deal with that reality. Check his record against Western opponents. Is it James fault he was drafted to the East? Does that mean that when the Celts beat the Lakers that Chip was illegit too? There is never any reason to anything you ever post. Just a pure hater. Zero credibility. The Heat beat OKC and SA in the finals, weren't they the best the West had to offer? Go away with your nonsense.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Sure, why don't you tell us more about the pathetic eastern conference he has played in his whole career? Lebron would been knocked out in the first round had he been on the west.

Still irate about James coming off B2B Rings. Gotta learn to deal with that reality. Check his record against Western opponents. Is it James fault he was drafted to the East? Does that mean that when the Celts beat the Lakers that Chip was illegit too? There is never any reason to anything you ever post. Just a pure hater. Zero credibility. The Heat beat OKC and SA in the finals, weren't they the best the West had to offer? Go away with your nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen got him his back to back rings. Check his record in the finals vs real competition, He does way better vs Eastern teams(no surprise it's the pathetic East). I give Lebron credit for beating the Thunder, but beating a old and slow Spurs trio is nothing special, especially since Lebron choked game 6 away and Ray Allen saved his legacy. The Thunder would have killed the Heat if Westbrook didn't get hurt.

bucketss
08-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Ray Allen got him his back to back rings. Check his record in the finals vs real competition, He does way better vs Eastern teams(no surprise it's the pathetic East). I give Lebron credit for beating the Thunder, but beating a old and slow Spurs trio is nothing special, especially since Lebron choked game 6 away and Ray Allen saved his legacy. The Thunder would have killed the Heat if Westbrook didn't get hurt.

but beating a old and slow celts, with kendrick perkins injured for game 7, and your boy going 6-25 is very special :'''') i love lebron haters.

bucketss
08-10-2013, 05:50 PM
' "The Thunder would have killed the Heat if Westbrook didn't get hurt"" <---- the level of desperation is so sweet, i wish you were here so i can lick your tears.

funny thing is, lebron haters last year said spurs would have killed the heat if they got passed the thunder:laugh:

WadeKobe
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
lol

EL_MACHETE
08-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Kevin Durant

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-10-2013, 07:39 PM
but beating a old and slow celts, with kendrick perkins injured for game 7, and your boy going 6-25 is very special :'''') i love lebron haters.

They were far from slow and old that year, need I mention they gave both Lebron and the defending eastern conference champs *** whoopings that year?
Kobe might have went 6-24,but he also had 10 forth quarter points and 15 rebounds. I love Lebron deep throaters.

jerellh528
08-10-2013, 09:04 PM
This one is pretty silly, obviously KD. We arguably haven't even seen KD's prime yet and he's almost as good as LJB who is starting the tail end of his prime.

bucketss
08-10-2013, 11:23 PM
They were far from slow and old that year, need I mention they gave both Lebron and the defending eastern conference champs *** whoopings that year?
Kobe might have went 6-24,but he also had 10 forth quarter points and 15 rebounds. I love Lebron deep throaters.

and the spurs went 12-2 in the west playoffs before the finals, gonna quit the double standards to protect your boy or what?

bucketss
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
This one is pretty silly, obviously KD. We arguably haven't even seen KD's prime yet and he's almost as good as LJB who is starting the tail end of his prime.

arguably? of course we haven't seen it, btw 24 yr old bron > kd now.

bucketss
08-10-2013, 11:29 PM
"They were far from slow and old that year," <------------ lets pass this one off to gasol

"He's also lost some explosiveness," Gasol said. "He's more of a jump-shooter now, you could say, comes off the lane. Before, he had a really, really quick first step and he was getting to the lane and he was more aggressive then." on garnett during 2010 finals.

i wonder whos opinion i should go with gasol, who actually played aginst him or lllusionist...

jerellh528
08-10-2013, 11:29 PM

yeah, well, you know that's just like, your opinion man.

amos1er
08-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Shouldn't we wait and see where Durant's career goes before making this comparison?

amos1er
08-10-2013, 11:36 PM
and the spurs went 12-2 in the west playoffs before the finals, gonna quit the double standards to protect your boy or what?

Thats usually what happen's with older teams like the Spurs. They are great for a stretch, but can't hang in the battle of attrition. They were undefeated last season in the playoffs until game 3 of the WCF when their age began to show. They kept it together better this past season until the 4th quarter of game 6. Thats when they fell apart and basically gave the game to the Heat. A younger Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker would not have needed to rest so much to start the 4th quarter... Hence, Lebron wouldn't have been able to go on such a tear the way he did against their bench players in the first five minutes of the 4th quarter.

amos1er
08-10-2013, 11:39 PM
"They were far from slow and old that year," <------------ lets pass this one off to gasol

"He's also lost some explosiveness," Gasol said. "He's more of a jump-shooter now, you could say, comes off the lane. Before, he had a really, really quick first step and he was getting to the lane and he was more aggressive then." on garnett during 2010 finals.

i wonder whos opinion i should go with gasol, who actually played aginst him or lllusionist...

In 2008, KG was far better than Gasol. By 2010, yes he had started to slow down and he was more of an even match for Gasol.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Thats usually what happen's with older teams like the Spurs. They are great for a stretch, but can't hang in the battle of attrition. They were undefeated last season in the playoffs until game 3 of the WCF when their age began to show. They kept it together better this past season until the 4th quarter of game 6. Thats when they fell apart and basically gave the game to the Heat. A younger Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker would not have needed to rest so much to start the 4th quarter... Hence, Lebron wouldn't have been able to go on such a tear the way he did against their bench players in the first five minutes of the 4th quarter.

we're not really talking about that, check out his double standard. who am i kidding, you probably agree with him.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 12:06 AM
In 2008, KG was far better than Gasol. By 2010, yes he had started to slow down and he was more of an even match for Gasol.

even match my ***, gasol straight dusted that boy.

LBJ6
08-11-2013, 01:00 AM
yeah, well, you know that's just like, your opinion man.
I don't think it's an opinion, cause it's a fact.

Bostonjorge
08-11-2013, 01:03 AM
even match my ***, gasol straight dusted that boy.

So tell me this why didn't gasol ever play that way before? In 2008 KG owned gasol because gasol was the same soft player in Memphis who could only score but KG D was far better. After 1 offseason with kobe and phill gasol became a different player with KG on his hit list. When 2010 came around Gasol played to get that soft label off and accomplished it by playing tough and finally averaging more then 10 reb. Gasol attitude changed and attitude reflects leadership. Thank u kobe. His main goal was to get revenge on KG who also was back to finally defend his tile and gasol did. Now that gasol was awesome.

Now I don't think Gasol would of been this player without kobe pushing him and leading him especially in playoffs.

JordansBulls
08-11-2013, 10:16 AM

Sorry no. Lebron in 2008 was not better than Durant in 2013. Especially once you factor in the playoffs.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Sorry no. Lebron in 2008 was not better than Durant in 2013. Especially once you factor in the playoffs.

you mean when lebron dropped almost 40 ppg on a 37 per against the magic, while durant choked late in games vs the grizz, btw don't quote me back cause i know you're gonna start bringing up ben wallace or some ****, you're a very annoying person to debate with.

JordansBulls
08-11-2013, 12:15 PM
you mean when lebron dropped almost 40 ppg on a 37 per against the magic, while durant choked late in games vs the grizz, btw don't quote me back cause i know you're gonna start bringing up ben wallace or some ****, you're a very annoying person to debate with.

No I mean when Lebron shot 35% FG against the Celtics.

heyman321
08-11-2013, 12:17 PM

But he had Shaq and Ben Wallace, who were former MVPs and DPOYs and All stars, how could he not win with those guys????

bucketss
08-11-2013, 12:17 PM
So tell me this why didn't gasol ever play that way before? In 2008 KG owned gasol because gasol was the same soft player in Memphis who could only score but KG D was far better. After 1 offseason with kobe and phill gasol became a different player with KG on his hit list. When 2010 came around Gasol played to get that soft label off and accomplished it by playing tough and finally averaging more then 10 reb. Gasol attitude changed and attitude reflects leadership. Thank u kobe. His main goal was to get revenge on KG who also was back to finally defend his tile and gasol did. Now that gasol was awesome.

Now I don't think Gasol would of been this player without kobe pushing him and leading him especially in playoffs.

all kobe did was put pressure off him, so gasol wasn't the focal point anymore... also the fact that garnett wasn't the intimidating force as he use to be. leadership lol.. i guess never taking the blame, and throwing your teammates under the bus is leadership..

bucketss
08-11-2013, 12:19 PM
No I mean when Lebron shot 35% FG against the Celtics.

lebron was 24 in the 2008-2009 season...

JordansBulls
08-11-2013, 12:24 PM
lebron was 24 in the 2008-2009 season...

My mistake, thought he was 25, which is why I thought you were referring to 2008 and the Celtics that season.

So yeah 24 year old Lebron was better than 24 year old Durant.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 04:01 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very nice!

Love how nobody likes to give Kobe credit for taking Gasol to the next level. People forget that Gasol was only an All-Star once before teaming up with Kobe and had not won a single playoff game. Then people will foolishly say that Kobe was a ball hog and didn't make his teammates better. lol Why don't you compare Kobe's supporting casts over the years to Lebron's. Check out how much D-Wade and Bosh's stats took a **** once teaming up with the chosen one. Better team player my ***.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Very nice!

Love how nobody likes to give Kobe credit for taking Gasol to the next level. People forget that Gasol was only an All-Star once before teaming up with Kobe and had not won a single playoff game. Then people will foolishly say that Kobe was a ball hog and didn't make his teammates better. lol Why don't you compare Kobe's supporting casts over the years to Lebron's. Check out how much D-Wade and Bosh's stats took a **** once teaming up with the chosen one. Better team player my ***.

we all know gasol isn't a true 1st option, so joining the lakers would help him not be the focal point, let gasol go to any other team with a good coach and a 1st option type player and see what happens,smh

bucketss
08-11-2013, 04:45 PM
funny, gasol has been getting worse ever since phil jackson left..

amos1er
08-11-2013, 04:53 PM
we all know gasol isn't a true 1st option, so joining the lakers would help him not be the focal point, let gasol go to any other team with a good coach and a 1st option type player and see what happens,smh

Well, we saw what happened when Bosh, Wade, Big Z, and Mo Williams teamed up with "The Chosen One". Their numbers all dropped and so did over all team production. Miami is was last in the league in rebounding last season, but Lebron led the team. But of course we know that all you guys like to do is look at Lebron's individual stat sheet and act like thats all that matters, totally ignoring how his stats completely rape the members of his team's stats. Of course all these geniuses will counter and say that since his assist totals are higher than Kobe's, that he is the better team player... Completely ignoring the fact that his teammates are all seeing a 20% if not greater reduction in their individual stats. You all love to call Kobe a "ball hog" because he shoots a lot, but you all never one consider that Lebron could be a "stat hog" by that very same argument.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 04:57 PM

False once again. He had his worst playoff run in 2011 when Jackson was still here. That was why Mitch and Jim wanted to trade him and Odom for CP3 that very same summer. Gasol has never even gotten the same touches he was getting before thanks to Jim Buss and his love for Bynum. He hired Mike Brown specifically to play his golden boy Bynum more and make him the second option. Then once they traded for Howard, he cried like a little girl for more touches as well, thus limiting Gasol's touches even more. Gasol hasn't been a second option for quite sometime now.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Well, we saw what happened when Bosh, Wade, Big Z, and Mo Williams teamed up with "The Chosen One".

raptors fans < ----- bosh was a stat padder and we all knew he wasn't nearly as good as his numbers, thats why most of us didn't care that he left, wade has been declining past two years, obviously his numbers would decrease when lebron needs the ball in his hands, espcially consdiering wade played with scrubs on his team, you think if he goes to LA he'll go back to 30 ppg???? .... wheres mo williams now without bron?

Their numbers all dropped and so did over all team production.
so you're saying lebron makes teams worse?

Miami is was last in the league in rebounding last season, but Lebron led the team. But of course we know that all you guys like to do is look at Lebron's individual stat sheet and act like thats all that matters, totally ignoring how his stats completely rape the members of his team's stats. Of course all these geniuses will counter and say that since his assist totals are higher than Kobe's, that he is the better team player... Completely ignoring the fact that his teammates are all seeing a 20% if not greater reduction in their individual stats. You all love to call Kobe a "ball hog" because he shoots a lot, but you all never one consider that Lebron could be a "stat hog" by that very same argument.

have you ever thought maybe.. just maybe they need lebron to grab those boards/? afterall miami is severly undersized. you know why we say bron is the bettter team player?? ill show you

lebron " i can't abandon my team mates"

kobe " they need to pick up their big boy pants"

bucketss
08-11-2013, 05:06 PM
we talking about kobe, so he brings up lebron to get some heat off his boy lol.

Frozenred
08-11-2013, 05:09 PM
If winning at least 1 title is all that matters, I'm going LeBron.

faze38
08-11-2013, 05:32 PM
billups
afalalo
lebron
kenyon
nene

championsihp, probably.

Really I thought the comparison was KD not Melo and the funny part if u put that team against Prime Kobe and the Lakers or Prime Duncan and the Spurs that would def not be true please miss me with that weakness. Lebron wouldn't even make it past the second round when those guys were running the league!

bucketss
08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Really I thought the comparison was KD not Melo and the funny part if u put that team against Prime Kobe and the Lakers or Prime Duncan and the Spurs that would def not be true please miss me with that weakness. Lebron wouldn't even make it past the second round when those guys were running the league!

you mean same lakers team that got nearly beat by the kings, and nearly swept by the pistons..

LegendsNvrDie23
08-11-2013, 05:46 PM

Didn't Gasol have to worst fall off from an all star in nba history after the all star brake 2011? This was during Phils last year. Fail...

LegendsNvrDie23
08-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Well, we saw what happened when Bosh, Wade, Big Z, and Mo Williams teamed up with "The Chosen One". Their numbers all dropped and so did over all team production. Miami is was last in the league in rebounding last season, but Lebron led the team. But of course we know that all you guys like to do is look at Lebron's individual stat sheet and act like thats all that matters, totally ignoring how his stats completely rape the members of his team's stats. Of course all these geniuses will counter and say that since his assist totals are higher than Kobe's, that he is the better team player... Completely ignoring the fact that his teammates are all seeing a 20% if not greater reduction in their individual stats. You all love to call Kobe a "ball hog" because he shoots a lot, but you all never one consider that Lebron could be a "stat hog" by that very same argument.
Great point.

So Durant won't win one ring in 14 years?

Really I thought the comparison was KD not Melo and the funny part if u put that team against Prime Kobe and the Lakers or Prime Duncan and the Spurs that would def not be true please miss me with that weakness. Lebron wouldn't even make it past the second round when those guys were running the league!Correct.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 06:17 PM
cosigning hard like illusionist smh.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Didn't Gasol have to worst fall off from an all star in nba history after the all star brake 2011? This was during Phils last year. Fail...

nope, he still was playing allstar level, it was the playoffs when he started dropping off, probably due to the fact him knowing it was phils last year, and he would enter an era where kobe is in more control.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 06:30 PM

funny, you jump into convos,than ask useless questions... maybe i was just responding to someone?

bucketss
08-11-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZqcF7-R_0

funny video, kobe denying that he called gasol soft lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKckW46p9iQ

but he did it here, what he scared for?

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-11-2013, 07:59 PM
cosigning hard like illusionist smh.

Say my name 3 times like Candyman, Bet I role on yo' *** like an avalanche.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-11-2013, 08:07 PM
nope, he still was playing allstar level, it was the playoffs when he started dropping off, probably due to the fact him knowing it was phils last year, and he would enter an era where kobe is in more control.

What kind of twited logic is that? Gasol fell off in the playoffs and ****ed off his chance at a 3peat because he knew Phil wasn't coming back... Get real.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM

lol

amos1er
08-11-2013, 08:15 PM

Yet people were laughed at in the T-Mac/Kobe forum for picking Kobe for this very same reason. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Though in this situation, we don't know if Durant will win a ring or not. He is young and still has time. That is why I think this thread is pre-mature. Better to do this comparison to Lebron and Wade because they are the same age.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 08:19 PM
What kind of twited logic is that? Gasol fell off in the playoffs and ****ed off his chance at a 3peat because he knew Phil wasn't coming back... Get real.

Ya, and he completely ignored my reply on the last page about Gasol's horrendous performance in the 2011 playoffs as well. Of course that dispels his little theory about Gasol's growth as a player being attributed to Phil and no credit to Kobe what so ever. lol Who the **** was Smush Parker before he played with Kobe. Dude was a Summer League scrub wash up journey man before Kobe made him look like a legit NBA starter. Then we saw how he did when playing with Wade the following season. lol Kobe made that guy and he should take Kobe out to a steak dinner for the money he made him. Instead he comes out and blasts Kobe and praises Wade. lol Kobe is the one that got you paid you little jerk off. So what if he was harder on you... At least your chump *** showed some kind of progress.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Ya, and he completely ignored my reply on the last page about Gasol's horrendous performance in the 2011 playoffs as well. Of course that dispels his little theory about Gasol's growth as a player being attributed to Phil and no credit to Kobe what so ever. lol Who the **** was Smush Parker before he played with Kobe. Dude was a Summer League scrub wash up journey man before Kobe made him look like a legit NBA starter. Then we saw how he did when playing with Wade the following season. lol Kobe made that guy and he should take Kobe out to a steak dinner for the money he made him. Instead he comes out and blasts Kobe and praises Wade. lol Kobe is the one that got you paid you little jerk off. So what if he was harder on you... At least your chump *** showed some kind of progress.

lol no credit, i sepcfically said kobe took pressure off pau because hes attracts defenses. which allows gasol to be a 2nd option. smush was trash before during and after kobe,

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:31 PM

get original instead of quoting rappers.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:35 PM

before we look at gasols falling off, lets look at kobe who looked like a shell of himself.. this ofcourse before he took a trip to germany and somehow is now dunking on people.

that series everyone looked like they checked out in the playoffs, maybe lack of motivation with the looming phill departure.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 08:36 PM
lol no credit, i sepcfically said kobe took pressure off pau because hes attracts defenses. which allows gasol to be a 2nd option. smush was trash before during and after kobe,

Smush only got an NBA contract because of Kobe.

Pau had his best seasons with Kobe.

Shaq had his best seasons with Kobe.

Luke Walton had his best seasons with Kobe.

Lamar Odom had his best seasons with Kobe.

Fish had his best seasons with Kobe.

The list goes on...

Now lets see who had their best seasons playing with Lebron... Oh thats right, everyone who plays with him has their worst seasons statistically.

amos1er
08-11-2013, 08:37 PM
before we look at gasols falling off, lets look at kobe who looked like a shell of himself.. this ofcourse before he took a trip to germany and somehow is now dunking on people.

that series everyone looked like they checked out in the playoffs, maybe lack of motivation with the looming phill departure.

Yes, Kobe's work ethic is legendary and dare I say the best of all time for an NBA player or any professional athlete for that matter.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-11-2013, 08:49 PM

The list goes on...

Now lets see who had their best seasons playing with Lebron... Oh thats right, everyone who plays with him has their worst seasons statistically.

That's crazy if you think about it, it's true. Lebron hurts players development not helps them.

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:50 PM

The list goes on...

again bringing bron in this to get heat off kobe, now can you prove that its was only because of kobe they played like that? replace prime tmac with them, they'd do just as good, probably better.

funny how when pau is beasting, its ALL kobe, but when he sucks hes used as the scape goat and hes soft...

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes, Kobe's work ethic is legendary and dare I say the best of all time for an NBA player or any professional athlete for that matter.

best of all time :'''),

bucketss
08-11-2013, 08:52 PM
That's crazy if you think about it, it's true. Lebron hurts players development not helps them.

and still all nba players would rather play with lebron, they'd rather play with bron than that degenerate gambler and accused father killer in your sig.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-11-2013, 09:01 PM
and still all nba players would rather play with lebron, they'd rather play with bron than that degenerate gambler and accused father killer in your sig.

Says who? You? You sound like a sad little boy.

zedrix
08-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Durant easy.

It's fairly easy to attract free agents with KD on the team. 14 years is a lot of time to build a perfect team for him.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I have never seen a more uneducated group of basketball fans than the Kobephile trio here. Goodness gracious. Nonsensical, unsupported opinion on top of nonsensical opinion supported by tiny sample sizes of anecdotal evidence. Goodness gracious. It is like reading rough drafts of papers written by middle schoolers.

Bostonjorge
08-12-2013, 06:52 AM
I have never seen a more uneducated group of basketball fans than the Kobephile trio here. Goodness gracious. Nonsensical, unsupported opinion on top of nonsensical opinion supported by tiny sample sizes of anecdotal evidence. Goodness gracious. It is like reading rough drafts of papers written by middle schoolers.

My favorite part is when gasol didn't want to play playoff basketball anymore because phill was leaving and kobe was going to have more control during the actual playoffs.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 06:59 AM
My favorite part is when gasol didn't want to play playoff basketball anymore because phill was leaving and kobe was going to have more control during the actual playoffs.

You are the trio. Lol.

You
Amos1er
Illusionist

You 3 have contributed nothing intelligent buyer a lot of jumbo jumbo opinionated nonsense. You guys try so hard in every thread to defend Kobe... And you just dot display any understanding of the game of basketball or the NBA.

Bostonjorge
08-12-2013, 07:32 AM
You are the trio. Lol.

You
Amos1er
Illusionist

You 3 have contributed nothing intelligent buyer a lot of jumbo jumbo opinionated nonsense. You guys try so hard in every thread to defend Kobe... And you just dot display any understanding of the game of basketball or the NBA.

I obviously knew u were talking about me. You just choose to ignore what u want and lurk. I'm pretty sure I'll find u in a kobe bashing thread slithering around ignoring all shorts on nonsense and waiting for someone to defend kobe so u can pounce in with the same o same o.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 08:01 AM
I obviously knew u were talking about me. You just choose to ignore what u want and lurk. I'm pretty sure I'll find u in a kobe bashing thread slithering around ignoring all shorts on nonsense and waiting for someone to defend kobe so u can pounce in with the same o same o.

I ignore nonsense. Yes. You're right. I don't waste my time responding to illogical, uneducated, unfounded subjective opinions and anecdotes thrown around as argument material. You're right.

BklynKnicks3
08-12-2013, 09:34 AM
its funny how people make it seem like LeBron is on his own planet and his own level. He went 7 games to beat spurs with 2 all stars on his team. He was not even the best player on his team vs the spurs in like half of the games. Id take Durant over LeBron if its 8 years over 7. Its really no that far with LeBron. He is the best player by a small margin and he has by far the most help

bucketss
08-12-2013, 11:38 AM
its funny how people make it seem like LeBron is on his own planet and his own level. He went 7 games to beat spurs with 2 all stars on his team. He was not even the best player on his team vs the spurs in like half of the games. Id take Durant over LeBron if its 8 years over 7. Its really no that far with LeBron. He is the best player by a small margin and he has by far the most help

half? lmao. two games tops. game 3 and 4, and game 4 was because wade wen't stupid.

did bosh play like an allstar? wade had 3 good games,GTFOH

LegendsNvrDie23
08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I ignore nonsense. Yes. You're right. I don't waste my time responding to illogical, uneducated, unfounded subjective opinions and anecdotes thrown around as argument material. You're right.

Who are you to decide what's logical, and educated thoughts? Get over yourself big guy. let's here your opinion on the matter. Stop trying to put people down because they have different views than you.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM

Spot on Bklyn.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-12-2013, 04:25 PM
half? lmao. two games tops. game 3 and 4, and game 4 was because wade wen't stupid.

did bosh play like an allstar? wade had 3 good games,GTFOH

How about the best bench and shooters in the game? Don't downplay the Heats roster to pump up Lebron, that's annoying.

knicks=love
08-12-2013, 04:40 PM
2 weeks of brandon roy, or 4 months of amar'e stoudemire?

Lake_Show2416
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Durant hasnt even reached his prime, he has the killer instinct that could very well make him a better player than Lebron is right now in the future, Durant's still a kid at this point

jerellh528
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM

This is pretty true.

bucketss
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
How about the best bench and shooters in the game? Don't downplay the Heats roster to pump up Lebron, that's annoying.

i don't have to down play anything, theres a reason why they started being called the miami cavs.

bucketss
08-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Durant hasnt even reached his prime, he has the killer instinct that could very well make him a better player than Lebron is right now in the future, Durant's still a kid at this point

where was his killer instinct in the finals? where was it when he lets westbrook be the man? where was it against the memphis grizz when missed open clutch jumpers and free throws?

ManRam
08-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd take 14 years of KD for sure. LeBron is the better player, obviously, but KD is tremendous in his own regard and doubling the length of his control makes him the clear choice. We're talking about arguably the most efficient high-volume scorer we've ever seen in KD.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
i don't have to down play anything, theres a reason why they started being called the miami cavs.

Who started calling them that? You? Lebron has one of the greatest teams ever assembled and you compare them the the cavs:laugh2:. Sit down kid.

Lake_Show2416
08-12-2013, 07:01 PM
where was his killer instinct in the finals? where was it when he lets westbrook be the man? where was it against the memphis grizz when missed open clutch jumpers and free throws?

2 alpha males on the same team, thats not uncommon to differ, plus Durant like any great player have off games, he's not afraid of the big moment similar to players like Wade, Kobe, Harden & Melo, Lebron tho he's progressing in stepping up & working for clutch points, his player DNA is passive rather than aggressive

bucketss
08-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Who started calling them that? You? Lebron has one of the greatest teams ever assembled and you compare them the the cavs:laugh2:. Sit down kid.

lebron haters are blind to everything,smh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQW8p7LduI

bucketss
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
2 alpha males on the same team, thats not uncommon to differ, plus Durant like any great player have off games, he's not afraid of the big moment similar to players like Wade, Kobe, Harden & Melo, Lebron tho he's progressing in stepping up & working for clutch points, his player DNA is passive rather than aggressive

idk what all this killer instinct mumbo jumbo is all about, but if melo is included than so should guys like brandon jennings , monta ellis etc.

FlashBolt
09-11-2013, 12:29 PM
LJ. As a gm, KD would be my biased choice. However, I don't think KD can ever win if LJ is out there somewhere. LJ's 7 years are much more impactful when you realize that he has a higher chance of delivering a ring to your team.

JordansBulls
10-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Tough to tell because Durant is still too young yet.