PDA

View Full Version : To those who ACTUALLY think the league is rigged...

el hidalgo
08-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Look at what has happened in baseball. Players are getting busted because somebody leaked that they were doing steroids. This happened back in the day with BALCO when Bond and all them got caught, and it has happened again. It just shows that if a group of people are breaking the rules and cheating the system, it WILL come out eventually.

If Stern rigged the league, many people would have to be in on it. All it takes is ONE person to leak it, and Stern loses his job and goes to jail for the rest of his life. Do you really think Stern would risk his reputation and the rest of his life when it can be leaked some easily?

Thoughts? Do you believe the league is rigged?

bucketss
08-08-2013, 05:52 PM
maybe its not stern BUT the refs are just crooked and biased.

RiceOnTheRun
08-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Refs may be biased, but I think it's more a result of them being human than anything else. Of course they're going to treat Lebron James or Michael Jordan different than they would treat any other player. It's impossible to dodge their reputation when you're involved in the industry.

I think with the technology we have nowadays, we should be able to use replays to make accurate and important calls rather than rely on a ref. Sure, it slows the game down, but I don't think it would make too much difference. Taking an extra 10-15 seconds to have a referee sitting at the replay booth to confirm whether there was really a foul or not wouldn't hurt in the least. If anything, it gives TV broadcasting an extra chance to throw in a commercial or something.

alexander_37
08-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Lol it easily is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhmGyZ7KF0

JerseyPalahniuk
08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Lol it easily is.

Damn never seen that many blown calls in a game

alexander_37
08-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Damn never seen that many blown calls in a game

My favorite part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5MhmGyZ7KF0&t=190

kdspurman
08-08-2013, 07:23 PM
My favorite part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5MhmGyZ7KF0&t=190

As if Kings fans didn't see enough of that :pity:

Sandman
08-08-2013, 07:39 PM
2 things --

Balco and Biogenesis? Do you think these are the only two organizations or that the only people that are cheating are the ones that get caught? These are mom and pop shops. Biogenesis in particular looks like it was only set up as a front to deal PEDs. If you believe everybody gets caught in due time I have a bridge to sell you.

There has been a whistleblower in the NBA -- no pun intended it was a referee Tim Donaghy. Whether you believe him or not is open for interpretation, but you can't use the non-existence of whistleblowers as a reason.

I don't think there is any explicit cheating, but I believe it is definitely possible in the capacity described by Donaghy. Why would his betting record have been that good? Different referees have different tendencies, the same way different umpires don't have the exact same strikezone. The difference in the NBA is that one of those tendencies is physicality particularly the block/charge and referee tendencies can influence specific players and therefore specific teams.

Joey Crawford reffing a Spurs FINALS game for the first time since he was suspended for his conduct w/ Tim Duncan is ********. Even if JC called the best game ever that is an OBVIOUS UNNECESSARY distraction.

The NBA might not be explicitly cheating but it is very easy to be WILLFULLY NEGLIGENT behind closed doors.

Lakers Ghost
08-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Look at what has happened in baseball. Players are getting busted because somebody leaked that they were doing steroids. This happened back in the day with BALCO when Bond and all them got caught, and it has happened again. It just shows that if a group of people are breaking the rules and cheating the system, it WILL come out eventually.

If Stern rigged the league, many people would have to be in on it. All it takes is ONE person to leak it, and Stern loses his job and goes to jail for the rest of his life. Do you really think Stern would risk his reputation and the rest of his life when it can be leaked some easily?

People do illegal stuff because they think they wont get caught. it isnt illegal if you dont get caught. we wont hear about what really is going on until 50 years from now when some are already death or old it isnt hard to cover things up.:cool:

Tmath
08-08-2013, 07:45 PM
The drug testing in the NBA is a joke.

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
maybe its not stern BUT the refs are just crooked and biased.

Pretty much this. It's not as bad as it was but it still exists

pd1dish
08-08-2013, 08:42 PM
this is just an example, dont get mad at me and call me a "hater" or some crap.

but anyways, Stern doesnt have to necessarily "rig" the league. Indiana was playing Miami in the ECF. San Antonio is already a lock for the NBA Finals. Stern would probably go crazy if the Finals were SA vs. Indiana. we all know that Indiana is a big, physical team that wanted to rough up Miami and play a really physical game. it worked as they were able to bring the series to game 7.

Stern knows that if the Finals are SA vs. Indiana, it is two smaller markets with smaller fan bases and the average fan is less likely to watch since Lebron isnt in the finals and it is two "boring" teams playing (even though i think good, fundamental basketball is more fun to watch, but thats a different discussion). the NBA, therefore, loses money.

to ensure Miami makes it to the finals, Stern goes to the refs before game 7 and tells them to call everything and to not let anything "get out of control". this results in the star players who like driving to the basket getting every foul call in the world thus sending Lebron and D Wade to the line and putting players on Indiana in foul trouble who are trying to play physical basketball. this gives the edge to Miami and Stern hopes this slight advantage with the refs will get Miami the victory. now, i know that refs calling a game goes both ways, but it hurts the more physical team way more than the other team.

idk, i guess this was something i was thinking about one day and this thread reminded me of it.

KingPosey
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Baseball and the NBA are two different things. And MLB had zero issues with steroids, and road them to glory in 98. UNTIL the media cause a public outroar, then MLBA tried to distance themselves from the "problem"

pd1dish
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
The drug testing in the NBA is a joke.

maybe, maybe not. i have no idea, but the Miami clinic didnt have any documented NBA players and i NEVER hear of guys on steroids or other PED's in the NBA, even though i expect that a lot of them do it. ive just heard that you have to be an idiot to get caught by the testing.

FarOutIos
08-08-2013, 08:52 PM
So if someone is paying a ref to make bad calls... who is gonna leak it? The ref who accepted the money? Or the guy who illegally paid the ref the money? Lol...

Just because one situation got exposed... after years of going undetected. It doesn't mean every situation will be exposed.

And... If I'm not mistaken... isn't this an example of a leak?... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

Bruins2012
08-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Of course its rigged.

tredigs
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
With all this rigging going on under our eyes, it's surprising to me that the leagues most popular team from our largest city wasn't gifted more than 2 Finals appearances in the last 30 years. And missing the playoffs 6 straight years last decade? Seems like very poor rigging for the team that would have benefited Stern in his quest for global domination the most.

jsthornton7
08-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I think if the NBA wants to do something, they do it. I want to fast forward to the 2014 draft when either Toronto, Boston or LAL get Wiggins. The uproar will be phenomenal lol.

Bruins2012
08-08-2013, 09:57 PM
You made me do it!! :mad:

Is the NBA rigged? Lets take a look and then decide for yourself.
Let me first say I am a fan of basketball and always have been. I am a fan of most sports. I am not a fan though of the current NBA and find it hard to watch. I will present some ideas/theories on why the NBA is fixed. These are all theories that have been out for a while (I don’t claim any as my own) and can easily be found by searching the web.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=expertexplainsNBAbets
In 2010 David Stern instituted a new rule making virtually any reaction to a bad call a technical foul and an automatic $2,000 fine. Along with the very heavy fines received by many players, coaches, and owners who criticized officials, David Stern has created a culture where whistle blowing is met with severe fines and a lasting grudge from the Commissioners Office until you learn to tow the company line. The league is run through force and intimidation.
First lets look at a few of the most obvious reasons why people think the NBA is rigged; The Lottery, the Refs/Tim Donaghy, infamous games, and marketing are some of the reason. A reason why you don’t ever hear about this on networks like ESPN and TNT is because of the financial interests those companies have in the NBA. The issue is usually avoided or completely downplayed by those networks.
The lottery/Draft
For years, the NBA Draft Lottery has been a lightning rod for conspiracy theories. If you think about it, the fact that the NBA even has a lottery suggests a level of control. After all, why not follow the NFL model and simply give the top pick to the worst team? There have just been certain years where a team in a financially beneficial market has "won" the top pick even though their chances of getting the right ping-pong ball were quite low.
It's always good business for the NBA when the teams in the biggest TV markets end up with the best players, because bigger markets create more revenue for the league among other reasons. For instance, the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery has been long regarded as one of the best pieces evidence that the lottery is fixed because it shows evidence of NBA officials favoring the New York Knicks. First, you can see an accountant dropping some envelopes cleanly into the lottery drum ... except one that gets banged around the rim, creasing its corner. The best video I could find for this can be viewed here;
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-reasons-people-think-nba-as-rigged-as-wrestling/

What’s the point of drafting when most of the star players want to team-up in a major market anyway. Not to pick on the Heat but they have 3 of the top 5 picks on their team from the 2003 NBA Draft, how does that help with parity in the league?

Tim Donaghy/Referees
The refs don't directly affect the whole game. They're power comes from the results they indirectly affect. Players may change their tendencies to work around how the refs are calling the game. Let's say the ref calls two offensive fouls in a row on a player. That player may be much softer on the next possession, which may result in a bad pass or a bad shot. You have to look at the big picture. It's not just about the calls. It's about the pattern of calls. You'd have to analyze each game again to know the effect of the calls made. Players adjust to how refs are calling the game. The games are never completely fair. One side will have an advantage because of calls whether it's intentional or not.

Technical fouls – It does seem like a problem has arisen. In previous seasons, technical fouls were handed out for infractions occurring after play had ceased, such as fighting, yelling and gesticulating at refs, repeatedly arguing calls, or being visibly disrespectful to the refs. Players could also get called for technical fouls for leaving their benches unnecessarily (read: when players on the court start fighting).
This season, however, refs are much more technical happy, T-ing players up for offenses that, in previous seasons, wouldn’t have even registered. It seems that players can hardly breathe without receiving a technical foul. In addition to previously known offenses, players can no long talk to the refs about any call, regardless of their tone, attitude, or level of aggression. And in addition to expanding the definition of a technical foul-worthy offense, David Stern has also raised the fine associated with these fouls. In 2010, players are now fined $2,000 for each of their first five technical fouls, $3,000 for each of the next five, and $4,000 for technical fouls 11-15. Starting at their 16th, players are suspended one game for every two technical’s, along with $5,000 for each.
Technical fouls, when issued correctly, have their place in the NBA. We’re not talking about a gang of kids playing pick up ball at the park here. This is a multi-billion dollar industry and regulations are needed. Technical’s for fighting, running off the bench into the game, and blatant disrespect towards the refs are understandable. They keep the game from getting out of control and prevent players from exacting revenge on each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V36qX2_-Ko

Tim Donaghy made headlines when it was discovered that he bet on NBA games and reportedly made calls to impact the point spread. While the league painted Tim as a rogue individual rather than a systemic problem, it left another seed of doubt in the minds of many fans. The FBI documented references among other alleged improprieties that Donaghy disclosed to federal law enforcement officials. Among them:
• "Tim gave information on how top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees to boost ticket sales and television ratings," the letter reads. "He also described how nepotism played a far greater role than qualifications in a number of referee hiring’s."
• "Tim explained the league officials would tell referees that they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so would hurt ticket sales and television ratings," the letter adds. "As an example, Tim explained how there were times when a referee supervisor would tell referees that NBA Executive X did not want them to call technical fouls on star players or remove them from the game. In January 2000, Referee D went against these instructions and elected a star player in the first quarter of the game. Referee D later was privately reprimanded by the league for that ejection."
• In addition to game-altering allegations, Donaghy's letter claims that many officials carry on "relationships" with team executives, coaches and players that violate their NBA contracts. For example, it said, referees broke NBA rules by hitting up players for autographs, socializing with coaches, and accepting meals and merchandise from teams.
"Tim described one referee's use of a team's practice facility to exercise and another's frequent tennis matches with a team's coach," the letter says.
• the letter also alleges that during a 2005 playoff series, "Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials. Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

Dick Bavetta;
Crawford wanted the game over quickly so he could kick back, relax, and have a beer; [Dick Bavetta] wanted it to keep going so he could hear his name on TV. He actually paid an American Airlines employee to watch all the games he worked and write down everything the TV commentators said about him. No matter how late the game was over, he'd wake her up for a full report. He loved the attention.
That very first time Jack and I bet on an NBA game, Dick was on the court. The team we picked lost the game, but it covered the large point spread and that's how we won the money. Because of the matchup that night, I had some notion of who might win the game, but that's not why I was confident enough to pull the trigger and pick the other team. The real reason I picked the losing team was that I was just about certain they would cover the spread; no matter how badly they played. That is where Dick Bavetta comes into the picture.
From my earliest involvement with Bavetta, I learned that he likes to keep games close, and that when a team gets down by double-digit points, he helps the players save face. He accomplishes this act of mercy by quietly, and frequently, blowing the whistle on the team that's having the better night. Team fouls suddenly become one-sided between the contestants, and the score begins to tighten up. That's the way Dick Bavetta referees a game — and everyone in the league knew it.
Studying under Dick Bavetta for 13 years was like pursuing a graduate degree in advanced game manipulation. He knew how to marshal the tempo and tone of a game better than any referee in the league, by far. He also knew how to take subtle — and not so subtle — cues from the NBA front office and extend a playoff series or, worse yet, change the complexion of that series.

Look up other referees on Steve Javie Derrick Stafford and Jess Kersey Tommy NunezJoey Crawford, Greg Willard/Floyd Mayweather.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Infamous games
Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals, Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals and game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals. These are some of the most notoriously rigged games.

2002 NBA Playoffs: Sacramento Kings vs LA Lakers
Related to the Donaghy situation are specific games that have caused some fans to scratch their heads for years. One of the more famous (or infamous) games was during the 2002 NBA Playoffs. Specifically, the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Sacramento Kings in Game 6, despite many questions about how the game was officiated. The game was so scrutinized, that Ralph Nader called for an investigation. Ralph Nader is a Harvard Law Graduate and American political activist, as well as an author, lecturer, and attorney. "There were some suspicions that the referees that were chosen were company men," Nader said. "[Stern] doesn't have to say anything. He doesn't even have to wink in their direction. They know an extra game means more revenue. There should be a non-partisan commission and an independent review," Nader said. "David Stern has a conflict of interest."
The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.
The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.
In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scott Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.
"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."
After the game Michael Wilbon wrote in the Washington Post that too many of the calls in the 4th quarter were “stunningly incorrect,” all against Sacramento, and he stated that “I have never seen officiating in a game of this consequence as bad as that in Game 6.”

The Lakers went on to win the 2002 NBA championship.

Part 1 (look up the other parts as you go)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdOe4IxIvo0

Game 7 2000 Western Conference Finals
People remember Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals for the incredible comeback by the Lakers culminating in the most famous alley-oop in NBA history.
What people don't remember are the bad calls that led to it.
The Lakers had a 37-16 free-throw advantage in that game. Two of Portland's biggest stars (Scottie Pippen and Arvydas Sabonis) fouled out. Neither was as high profile as franchise player Rasheed Wallace, but you could argue that they were more important in this particular game.
Why? It could be because they were assigned to cover Kobe and Shaq.
The free-throw advantage is one thing. When one team is shooting 21 more free throws than the other, it doesn't look very good. But when 12 of those fouls come at the expense of the guys responsible for holding down the opponent's two biggest stars, it starts to look really suspicious. (If you're wondering, Pippen averaged less than three fouls per game over his career.)
With Sabonis out of the game, the Blazers had to defend Shaq—at his absolute apex—with 6'8'' Brian Grant.
From Tim Donaghy;
The quote in question comes in the section regarding Dick Bavetta. It reads:
The 2002 series certainly wasn't the first or last time Bavetta weighed in on an important game. He also worked Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Trail Blazers. The Lakers were down by 13 at the start of the fourth quarter when Bavetta went to work. The Lakers outscored Portland 31-13 in the fourth quarter and went on to win the game and the series. It certainly didn't hurt the Lakers that they got to shoot 37 free throws compared to a paltry 16 for the Trail Blazers.

Game 5 2006 NBA Final Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks
David Stern decided that game 5 would be his chance to pay back all his sponsors. Dwayne Wade who was a spokes person for Converse, Gatorade, T-mobile cell phones, Lincoln cars & whose Jersey is in the top 3 in sales was the benefactor. In total Wade went to the foul line 25 X's, There were 5 separate fouls on Wade in which he was never touched. The Internet bloggers refer to them as the Phantom Fouls. Miami as a team went to the line 49 X's to Dallas 25 X's. Dallas finished with 6 more field goals 11 more rebounds & lost the game by one. Both of Dallas low post defenders were in foul trouble Diop fouled out Dampier finished with 5 fouls.

Moving parts and marketing mindset, David Stern
The NBA has established a certain marketing strategy to promote particular teams and particular players, a marketing strategy that is partially achieved by rigging the league. Avakian chronicles how Stern promoted the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers, during the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson era in the 1980s. Avakian points out that the Celtics were promoted as a stereotypical “white, lunch bucket, blue collar, work ethic team,” and the Lakers were promoted as a “sanitized, watered-down version of playground basketball.” So, as Avakian explains, for a period of time in the NBA Finals you had these two poles of the “working class” team and the sanitized, watered-down “playground team,” which has an element of racism. In this regard, Avakian also brings out the comparison between the NBA and the minstrel shows, where most of the players in the league are African-American, while the games are played in front of white audiences and that the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson/Celtic-Lakers rivalry played into this.
Unlike leagues like Major League Baseball where the commissioner has stubbornly stuck with archaic aspects of the game, the NBA has always been a marketing machine. This was especially true during the 1980s, when the league figured out that marketing individual players was a key part of generating fan interest. This has contributed to speculation that the league might tamper with certain elements in order to maximize revenue. Basketball has fewer moving parts than other sports, and can theoretically be influenced more easily. Again, this isn't to say that the league intentionally did anything. However, many fans are still suspicious.

In 2011, and with a potential NBA lockout looming on the horizon (read: potential wasted millions), Stern held a closed-door meeting with players union chief Billy Hunter and many of the league's stars. Hunter claimed in the meeting that David Stern no longer had the sway David Stern thought David Stern did. Stern reportedly
Told the room full of people he knows where "the bodies are buried" in the NBA. “It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’
“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”
Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

Tracy McGrady;
“Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it
seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was
rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA...I don’t care. But yeah it seemed like it
was rigged. With all the calls he was getting. Jesus. Did
you hear me? We are talking about the NBA Finals, I wish
I could say I was just kidding, and that’s what it seemed
like.
I’m serious a lot of my friends watched the games, watched the
finals, and that’s the way they say it to me. They are like,
from watching the game here, it seems like it is rigged. I
was like man.”

Rasheed Wallace;
"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.
"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Phil Jackson on Mark Cuban and the 06 Finals;
Jackson said while Cuban has toned down over the years, he believes the outspoken owner's criticism of referees might have cost the Mavericks the 2006 NBA Finals against Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat.
"That Miami Finals really was a tough one to swallow," Jackson said before the Lakers won 96-91 on Saturday night in Dallas. "I think Wade averaged about 25 foul shots a game. You couldn't even touch him. That was really tough to swallow and I think he understood there's kind of a pecking order in this league and you keep your mouth shut at times.''
By pecking order, Jackson meant coaches can bark at officials from the sideline, but ownership sniping from the courtside seats doesn't help the cause.
In that series, Cuban was fined $250,000 by the league for his Game 5 outburst. He was cited for "several acts of misconduct" committed after Dallas lost 101-100 in overtime. Furious with several calls, Cuban went onto the floor to vent directly to official Joe DeRosa, and then stared in the direction of commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials in the stands. Talking to the media afterward, he wasn't shy with the profanity. Cuban reportedly said “F*#k you! Your league is rigged!” to David Stern after game 5 of the NBA Finals. Cuban would later back away from his comments.
Miami won the championship in six games after Dallas had a 2-0 series lead.

Jeff Van Gundy;
“Before game 3 I got a call from another official in the NBA who’s not in the playoffs who I’ve known forever, and they told me they were looking at Yao Ming harder because of Mark Cuban’s complaints, and it proved prophetic the last couple of games. I didn’t think that really worked in the NBA but in this case, it has.”
David Stern fined Van Gundy $100,000 for revealing that an official told him this and also threatened to ban Van Gundy from the league. Van Gundy then later backed away from his comments.

I think Bill Simmons wrote a few excellent articles on this topic, here are some excerpts;
"I don't think the NBA fixes games, but they have one trick that they use for situations like this -- when they want a home team to win the game, they invariably assign the worst referees possible to that game for two reasons: Bad referees have a tendency to get swayed by the home crowd, and bad referees never have the stones to make a tough call on the road. In a related story, I went to 35 Clippers games this year and kept a list of the referees in my pocket, which I also used to follow the referees for any televised games. And yes, the referees in the NBA -- as a whole -- have never been worse. But there were six referees that stuck out as being especially terrible."
…Considering I brought this up LAST spring, do you find any of this a little strange? Why aren't the best referees calling these games? Why do the worst ones always seem to get assigned to games in which it would be better for the league if the home team won? Why am I the only one who notices this stuff or seems to care? Why do I find myself watching these games and concentrating more on the one-sided officiating than some of Wade's spectacular plays? As my buddy House e-mailed on Monday morning: "I don't think I can take much more of NBA refs insisting on controlling the outcomes of the most significant games. The NBA is a disgrace and should be completely embarrassed. I hate this game."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070722

More Bill Simmons;
NBA Is Rigged For The Lakers To Make The Playoffs 2012 Conspiracy;
http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2013/04/04/nba-is-rigged-for-the-lakers-to-make-the-playoffs/

For those who need visual evidence I present the following videos;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsqtgjVw_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pikd-9qqQ1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw9g1efbNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd2UNqtYjg

The NBA where;
Conspiracies happen, betting happens, diving (its getting a little better) happens, traveling happens, horrible officiating happens, extended series happen, phantom calls happen, palming the basketball happens, make-up calls happen, technical fouls happen, rigged games happen (?).

Bruins2012
08-08-2013, 09:59 PM
With all this rigging going on under our eyes, it's surprising to me that the leagues most popular team from our largest city wasn't gifted more than 2 Finals appearances in the last 30 years. And missing the playoffs 6 straight years last decade? Seems like very poor rigging for the team that would have benefited Stern in his quest for global domination the most.

Are you talking bout the Knicks??
Because not even the refs who were betting on the games could help that team and all the mistakes made over the years from ownership. Not taking a shot at the Knicks but Dolan doesn't have any idea what he doing or has been doing (Isiah Thomas set that team backs years).

Sandman
08-08-2013, 10:00 PM
this is just an example, dont get mad at me and call me a "hater" or some crap.

but anyways, Stern doesnt have to necessarily "rig" the league. Indiana was playing Miami in the ECF. San Antonio is already a lock for the NBA Finals. Stern would probably go crazy if the Finals were SA vs. Indiana. we all know that Indiana is a big, physical team that wanted to rough up Miami and play a really physical game. it worked as they were able to bring the series to game 7.

Stern knows that if the Finals are SA vs. Indiana, it is two smaller markets with smaller fan bases and the average fan is less likely to watch since Lebron isnt in the finals and it is two "boring" teams playing (even though i think good, fundamental basketball is more fun to watch, but thats a different discussion). the NBA, therefore, loses money.

to ensure Miami makes it to the finals, Stern goes to the refs before game 7 and tells them to call everything and to not let anything "get out of control". this results in the star players who like driving to the basket getting every foul call in the world thus sending Lebron and D Wade to the line and putting players on Indiana in foul trouble who are trying to play physical basketball. this gives the edge to Miami and Stern hopes this slight advantage with the refs will get Miami the victory. now, i know that refs calling a game goes both ways, but it hurts the more physical team way more than the other team.

idk, i guess this was something i was thinking about one day and this thread reminded me of it.
I agree with this but I don't think they even need to go that far. They know which referees have tendencies that sway one way or another and they can just assign them that way without that pep talk.

jsthornton7
08-08-2013, 10:01 PM
How long did that take you write? lol

Bruins2012
08-08-2013, 10:13 PM
How long did that take you write? lol

A few hours and 1 adderall, 3 beers, and 2 bowls. :up:

Wrote it a few months back and posted in a different thread, now I saved it, to post in any threads that have to do with this topic.

IndyRealist
08-08-2013, 11:28 PM

[Completely untrue. Stern can direct the referees to officiate however he wants to influence the outcome of a game, and it's completely legal as long as he has not placed a wager on the outcome.

In 2005 the Dallas Mavericks lost two playoff games to the Houston Rockets. Mark Cuban sent the league several e-mails complaining about 29 illegal screens (focusing, in particular, on Yao Ming). The NBA reviewed the screens and confirmed Mark Cuban was indeed correct. Even before Mark Cubanís e-mails, they had also sent out information to their referees in regards to how to call these. The league made a change in how they were calling games that probably impacted the outcome. To stress, there was nothing wrong with this. In fact, it certainly seems like the NBA did the right thing. But the point is simple, the NBA can instruct its employees to change their actions in a way that can change the outcome of a game or a series. As long as money isnít on the line, it is perfectly legal!
http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_documents/100208nba_pedowitz.pdf
http://wagesofwins.com/2013/07/03/is-it-legal-for-the-nba-to-rig-games/

tr3ymill3r
08-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I think it is too difficult to rig outcomes of games, point shaving is different however. We cannot be naÔve as to think NBA players aren't using HGH, steroids and other PEDs as well.

DubiousCustomer
08-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Rigging the league isn't criminal, and there is no way any commissioner would ever go to prison for such a thing, much less Stern.

Dade County
08-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Someone posted something a while back stating that even if Stern was rigging the league, he wouldn't go to jail for it, because it's a sports entertainment business (**** you NBA if this is true).

I still do believe the league is rigged, from stern, to and even players are in on it. From Magic Johnson dribbling the ball into the clock was at 1.3 seconds then him passing the ball to his teammate as the end of the game buzzer goes off, to how portland & Sacramento got robbed by Shaq Lakers ( Lakers would have only won 1 title... crazy right )

To people believing that Lbj was intimidated by Dallas (???), and the moment was to big for him; so thats why he averaged 1.3 points in the 4th quarter for 4 straight Finals Game ( WTF is wrong with you people ).

To all the bad calls given to Jordan ( he started the super star call bull **** ... blame no one else but him)

I know the media is in out it, I know the owners know whats going on... But like the OP said, why hasn't anyone came out and gotten killed for trying to exposed the league... I just don't know.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Lol it easily is.

This doesn't mean the league is rigged. This means those were some very bad calls and those refs may have had a personal reason to try and swing the game in one teams favor, that doesn't mean the NBA is making the game near impossible for one team to win.

Quite honestly, to anybody that really thinks the league is rigged, I asked why watch it? Why watch something that's rigged?

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Someone posted something a while back stating that even if Stern was rigging the league, he wouldn't go to jail for it, because it's a sports entertainment business (**** you NBA if this is true).

I still do believe the league is rigged, from stern, to and even players are in on it. From Magic Johnson dribbling the ball into the clock was at 1.3 seconds then him passing the ball to his teammate as the end of the game buzzer goes off, to how portland & Sacramento got robbed by Shaq Lakers ( Lakers would have only won 1 title... crazy right )

To people believing that Lbj was intimidated by Dallas (???), and the moment was to big for him; so thats why he averaged 1.3 points in the 4th quarter for 4 straight Finals Game ( WTF is wrong with you people ).

To all the bad calls given to Jordan ( he started the super star call bull **** ... blame no one else but him)

I know the media is in out it, I know the owners know whats going on... But like the OP said, why hasn't anyone came out and gotten killed for trying to exposed the league... I just don't know.

Here is my problem with your logic. Does the NBA only rig certain games? Why do people take a handful games as an example and try and use that to justify how rigged the league is? So how does it work, does the NBA pick random dates out of a hat to decide which games will be rigged?

People say the NBA is rigged for the Knicks. The Knicks haven't won a playoff series prior to this year since 2000. People say Patrick Ewing to the Knicks was rigged. But then why did the NBA stop there? If they wanted to rig the NBA in the Knicks favor why do the Knicks only have 1 star, whom they traded for?

If the NBA is really rigging the league in favor of the KNnicks, they're doing a REALLY bad job.

Next team people say the NBA is rigged in favor of is the Lakers. Really? Is that why they lost to the Pistons in the Finals? Is that why David Stern denied the Lakers getting Chris Paul? Is that why the Lakers were a joke last year?

I guess the Lakers demolished the Nets cause it was rigged? No they demolished the Nets because nobody on God's green earth could do anything to slow down Shaq and Kobe, mostly Shaq.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
For the league to be rigged the owners, the legal sports betting establishments (like Vegas Casinoes), commisioner, advertisers, and more would need to know and they all would be criminally and civilally libel for fraud.

Your talking serious jail and billions in lawsuits for smart rich people...common sense says no....even without that try and rig a shot missing by a centimeter.

BigBlueCrew
08-09-2013, 10:32 AM
This doesn't mean the league is rigged. This means those were some very bad calls and those refs may have had a personal reason to try and swing the game in one teams favor, that doesn't mean the NBA is making the game near impossible for one team to win.

Quite honestly, to anybody that really thinks the league is rigged, I asked why watch it? Why watch something that's rigged?

What? you dont watch the WWE at all? That's total sports entertainment but at least they have the decency to let you know before hand.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 10:48 AM
What? you dont watch the WWE at all? That's total sports entertainment but at least they have the decency to let you know before hand.

No they don't let you know beforehand and no it isn't fake. I hate it when people say it's fake, it's so disrespectful to their athletes.

It's scripted yes, but that doesn't mean it's fake. To be fake means they aren't really putting their health on the line, they don't really get injured, and that it really isn't all that taxing or risky. Don't forget those guys don't have an off-season.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 10:58 AM
No they don't let you know beforehand and no it isn't fake. I hate it when people say it's fake, it's so disrespectful to their athletes.

It's scripted yes, but that doesn't mean it's fake. To be fake means they aren't really putting their health on the line, they don't really get injured, and that it really isn't all that taxing or risky. Don't forget those guys don't have an off-season.

I don't think you know what fake means.....its staged, its fiction, its fake...it doesn't mean that they aren't athletes, it doesn't mean they aren't tough...they are basically stuntmen or actors.

BigBlueCrew
08-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't think you know what fake means.....its staged, its fiction, its fake...it doesn't mean that they aren't athletes, it doesn't mean they aren't tough...they are basically stuntmen or actors.

exactly x10000000

that is the meaning of sports ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!! scripted = tomato, tomatoe still means the outcome is predetermined.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM

But my point is I don't get why people say the WWF is fake. Why not just say the matches are pre-determined? If you call the whole organization as a whole fake, that's false.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
exactly x10000000

that is the meaning of sports ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!! scripted = tomato, tomatoe still means the outcome is predetermined.

Then say it's scripted, because if you call an entire organization fake you're essentially saying that everything that has to do with that organization is fake.

tr3ymill3r
08-09-2013, 11:32 AM
But my point is I don't get why people say the WWF is fake. Why not just say the matches are pre-determined? If you call the whole organization as a whole fake, that's false.

Fixed is the proper term used. You would actually be surprised how little prep time some of the wrestlers have to create their matches and a lot of hinges on the referee and good camera work to prevent the audience from seeing the wrestlers tell each other what they are going to do next.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Fixed is the proper term used. You would actually be surprised how little prep time some of the wrestlers have to create their matches and a lot of hinges on the referee and good camera work to prevent the audience from seeing the wrestlers tell each other what they are going to do next.

This is true.

If you listen carefully, you hear the wrestlers say to each other "hit me", or "reverse this supplex".

I just hate how people say it's all fake, as if people really aren't being thrown off cages, or as if people really don't tear tendons or break bones.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I think it is too difficult to rig outcomes of games, point shaving is different however. We cannot be naÔve as to think NBA players aren't using HGH, steroids and other PEDs as well.

This.

Goose17
08-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I must see one of these threads at least once a month.

No the the league is not rigged and the draft is not rigged. People are gullible... and stupid.

There's far to many variables to rig it.

el hidalgo
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Rigging the league isn't criminal, and there is no way any commissioner would ever go to prison for such a thing, much less Stern.

lol... ever hear of a thing called "fraud"?

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Yeah, I know someone who is;). Still posting after that *** whooping I gave you huh?

el hidalgo
08-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I know someone who is;). Still posting after that *** whooping I gave you huh?

lol wot? watch out everybody, we got a hard *** over here

tp13baby
08-09-2013, 02:36 PM

I couldn't see the NBA or Stern losing that case.

Captain Moroni
08-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Do people really believe the NBA is rigged? Really?

JerseyPalahniuk
08-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Well put.

lol, please
08-09-2013, 11:27 PM

What on earth do PEDs have to do with the league being rigged? People who attack those of us who believe it's rigged treat the conspiracy like non-religious people treat religion, with ignorance, bias, and stupidity. There is a difference between thinking everything done is rigged, (which I find ridiculous) and thinking that certain things are rigged, such as allowing a team to make the playoffs that wouldn't without a few questionable calls, for the sake of "revenue", a huge difference. Comparing the NBA to the WWF for example, is beyond foolish. Rigged does not equal scripted/staged.

Goose17
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
There is a difference between thinking everything done is rigged, (which I find ridiculous) and thinking that certain things are rigged, such as allowing a team to make the playoffs that wouldn't without a few questionable calls, for the sake of "revenue"

There's so much evidence that contradicts that sort of opinion and very little that supports it.

slashsnake
08-11-2013, 06:46 AM
I just canít buy that the NBA is rigged. It just doesnít pass the common sense test to me. Sure, I can see rogue refs going out and acting like Donaghy. But the league actually setting some team up to win for financial reasons? Not buying that one.

First off, an undertaking of that size would involve a lot of people to ensure the outcome. Lets face it, one ref paid to help a team out isnít getting the Lakers into the 2nd round. And those people would have to be compensated very VERY well. Because the last thing you would want is that person in 5 years after blowing his money and finding himself broke writing a tell-all book. A story like that could ruin the league. Seriously, with that risk, Iíd consider employing the mob to quiet anyone who would think of talking.

So to me the risk just doesnít outweigh the reward. The risk is basically potentially losing the league. If people found out their championships were fake, that would be utterly devastating. If I owned a team and found out they "fixed" the draft balls so I would lose, guess what? I am showing how Lebron gave the cavaliers franchise a 220 million dollar influx, doubling that (I wouldn't trade him away halfway through his career) and taking the league to court.

The reward? I am not sure. Maybe some more viewers for a series that may happen anyways? A star in a major market for a sport which is marketed on a national level anyways?

A large scale fixing in a sport like that just seems like betting a million dollars per hand in blackjack when your opponent is only betting 5 bucks. Sure, you can win some more money, but it isn't worth the risk.

jericho
08-11-2013, 08:35 AM
A Laker fan talking bout the league not being rigged!! This will not go well.

I know the regular excuse everybody uses over here the refs are human they make mistakes. But why doesnt the league try to minimise those mistakes and punish the refs with some suspensions or fines to keep them in check. Why arent the refs held accountable for this stuff?? There are some calls that i can pass as mistakes but then there are some calls that are way to blatantly obvious. The refs can determine the outcome of a game just as much as the players. I would love for the refs to be interviewed after the games just like the players and coaches.

There is so much that can be done for the league to minimise this mistakes but still dont see any moves from the league to do soo. And thats because they want to be able to manipulate some games in order to get the outcome that they desire.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 09:10 AM
A Laker fan talking bout the league not being rigged!! This will not go well.

I know the regular excuse everybody uses over here the refs are human they make mistakes. But why doesnt the league try to minimise those mistakes and punish the refs with some suspensions or fines to keep them in check. Why arent the refs held accountable for this stuff?? There are some calls that i can pass as mistakes but then there are some calls that are way to blatantly obvious. The refs can determine the outcome of a game just as much as the players. I would love for the refs to be interviewed after the games just like the players and coaches.

There is so much that can be done for the league to minimise this mistakes but still dont see any moves from the league to do soo. And thats because they want to be able to manipulate some games in order to get the outcome that they desire.

Fine them for being human?

They do get punished it's just not publicized.

And the league publicly apologized for the bigger mistakes from last season.

I really don't see what point you're trying to make. Sounds like another half-assed argument to me.

jericho
08-11-2013, 09:27 AM

Why do you watch movies or tv series when you know how its gonna end?? We watch for entertainment for the love of the game even if we know its rigged.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Why do you watch movies or tv series when you know how its gonna end?? We watch for entertainment for the love of the game even if we know its rigged.

But neither of those things pretend to be anything other than scripted.

In your mind, you believe they are lying to your face. And yet you continue to watch and support them?

It's not rigged anyway so it doesn't matter.

jericho
08-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Fine them for being human?

They do get punished it's just not publicized.

And the league publicly apologized for the bigger mistakes from last season.

I really don't see what point you're trying to make. Sounds like another half-assed argument to me.

They fine players for making mistakes right?? They are human as well or did they come from Mars??
Im not saying fined them for every single mistake they make. Fine them for the total obvious ones.
And whats an apology gonna do when the outcome has already been decided. (Oh you guys lost but im sorry that we screwed you over)

And really half-assed argument?? Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean that others wont. So excuse me but i really dont care much about your opinion then.

jericho
08-11-2013, 09:33 AM
But neither of those things pretend to be anything other than scripted.

In your mind, you believe they are lying to your face. And yet you continue to watch and support them?

It's not rigged anyway so it doesn't matter.

So this is your half-assed argument?? lol

Goose17
08-11-2013, 09:34 AM
They fine players for making mistakes right??

No. When do they do that?

If a player turns a ball over or double dribbles he doesn't get fined. He's human, **** happens.

You can't seriously expect them to fine referees for making mistakes, that's just moronic.

People need to sit back and think about this, approach it with a little common sense. How would it even be possible to rig the league without it ever being leaked? And what purpose would it serve?

Refs make mistakes. Like in every sport.

And I'm calling your argument half-assed because you haven't provided any supporting evidence. Just blah blah blah. Refs make mistakes so that's evidence enough that it's actually not a mistake, it's rigged, and Stern/Silver is the anti-christ.

jericho
08-11-2013, 10:03 AM
There's so much evidence that contradicts that sort of opinion and very little that supports it.

Actually is the other way around

Goose17
08-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Actually is the other way around

This is what I mean by half-assed arguments. No it isn't the other way around. And you can't just say that it is without providing any evidence. Have you never been in a discussion before? Welcome to the world.

He claimed that they rig games to help teams to make the playoffs for the sake of revenue, but there's almost nothing to support that and so much evidence that contradicts it.

If they're rigging the league for the sake of revenue, they're doing it wrong.

Knicks21
08-11-2013, 10:21 AM
This is what I mean by half-assed arguments. No it isn't the other way around. And you can't just say that it is without providing any evidence. Have you never been in a discussion before? Welcome to the world.

He claimed that they rig games to help teams to make the playoffs for the sake of revenue, but there's almost nothing to support that and so much evidence that contradicts it.

Common sense supports it because that is the aim of a business, you think the league has bigger objectives than to make money?

Its not as half-assed as you think, the Lakers have an infamous history of getting the 50/50 calls when it counts. Im not sayings its true, im saying it doesnt hurt to look at things with an open mind.

jericho
08-11-2013, 10:22 AM
No. When do they do that?

If a player turns a ball over or double dribbles he doesn't get fined. He's human, **** happens.

You can't seriously expect them to fine referees for making mistakes, that's just moronic.

People need to sit back and think about this, approach it with a little common sense. How would it even be possible to rig the league without it ever being leaked? And what purpose would it serve?

Refs make mistakes. Like in every sport.

And I'm calling your argument half-assed because you haven't provided any supporting evidence. Just blah blah blah. Refs make mistakes so that's evidence enough that it's actually not a mistake, it's rigged, and Stern/Silver is the anti-christ.

Not agreeing with a refs call and letting your emotions take the best of you is a mistake which gives a player a T and fined. Im not talking bout turnovers here or missed shots that my friend would be stupid on my part. So please dont insult my intelligence like that. You can correct my grammar all you want but when it comes to basketball i know my stuff.

So no it is not moronic to do so when a refs mistake can change the outcome of a game and all the fans and oposing team just get an apology from the league.

You want prove look at Tim Donaghy and the post that was on page 2 (idk remember who posted it i know its long as hell). The Nba is a billion dollar corporation or whatever you can call it. They have the money to make who ever talks to shut up. This stuff is not gonna reach the public eye so fast. Just look at what they did to him from company man to rogue agent really?? from following isntructions to throwing him under the bus.

The evidence is there if you dont want to believe thats on you.

Knicks21
08-11-2013, 10:24 AM
and another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKbs2Y4vo8

jericho
08-11-2013, 10:28 AM

Lmao. hahahaha didnt you see the lakers this past year?? Thats what he meant when he said that comment. The lakers where not supposed to make that was Utah's spot and during those last 15 or 20 games the league made sure that the lakers won the games necesary to make it in to the playoffs. As a fan who would you rather see in the playoffs? The lakers or Utah?? Thats what he meant when the league was interested more in the revenue than being fair.

Believe me i love to argue. I know how to argue. Why do you think i come to psd lol. If somebody doesnt know how to argue its you the evidence its there you are just choosing to ignore it.

How is that for a half-assed argument. Please provide your evidence and prove me wrong because all your doing is giving me your opinion.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Common sense supports it because that is the aim of a business, you think the league has bigger objectives than to make money?

Its not as half-assed as you think, the Lakers have an infamous history of getting the 50/50 calls when it counts. Im not sayings its true, im saying it doesnt hurt to look at things with an open mind.

No. Common sense directly contradicts it. Tell me how it would even be possible? It would have been leaked by now.

You want prove look at Tim Donaghy and the post that was on page 2 (idk remember who posted it i know its long as hell). The Nba is a billion dollar corporation or whatever you can call it. They have the money to make who ever talks to shut up. This stuff is not gonna reach the public eye so fast. Just look at what they did to him from company man to rogue agent really?? from following isntructions to throwing him under the bus.

The evidence is there if you dont want to believe thats on you.

Tim Donaghy WAS a rogue ref. He wasn't following anybodies instructions.

Plus he was point shaving, not rigging the outcome of games.

You tell me not to insult your intelligence but I really don't need to with posts like that.

Lmao. hahahaha didnt you see the lakers this past year?? Thats what he meant when he said that comment. The lakers where not supposed to make that was Utah's spot and during those last 15 or 20 games the league made sure that the lakers won the games necesary to make it in to the playoffs. As a fan who would you rather see in the playoffs? The lakers or Utah?? Thats what he meant when the league was interested more in the revenue than being fair.

Personally? Utah.

And how did they rig it for them? By calling more fouls in their favor?

Last season the Lakers free throws average per game as a team was 27.9, that's comparable to the Bobcats (25), Pacers (23.6), T'Wolves (24.9), OKC (26.8) ...are they rigging it for these teams as well?

In the last 3 games of the season, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, San Antonio, Chicago, New Orleans, Brooklyn, Detroit, Toronto, Golden State, Boston, Orlando, Charlotte, Utah, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Portland and Phoenix all averaged more free throw attempts than the Lakers.

The Lakers in total were called for 527 personal fouls last season, Philadelphia committed 528.

The Lakers in total were called for 102 loose ball fouls last season, Charlotte were called for 70, Minnesota for 68, OKC for 94.

If the refs are favouring the Lakers, how did they commit a similar amount of personal fouls to Philly and more loose ball fouls than the Bobcats, T'Wolves and OKC?

In total, the Lakers opponents throughout the season were called for 854 shooting fouls. Seems like a lot, but then again... the Bobcats opponents throughout the season were called for 900 shooting fouls.

So the refs favored the Bobcats more than LA?

The last time the Lakers missed the playoffs, 2004-05 they attempted only 1.8 FTA than they did this season.

But wait, they rig the league to make more money right? Then please explain the following.

New York, the largest TV media market in the United States hasn't made the Finals since 1999 or won a championship in over 30 years.

Chicago, the third biggest TV market in the states didn't make a single finals from 1966-1991. And they haven't been to one since MJ left.

Philly, the fourth biggest TV market in the states has only been to one finals in the last 30 years.

Portland has one of the lowest TV markets (23rd) and has been just as "successful" (been in in as many finals) over the last 30+ years as New York, the largest TV market.

In the last three decades the Jazz have been to more finals than DC.

Why haven't Kobe and Lebron met in a finals? It would make more money than any other match up.

Do you really want to do this? I will destroy your B.S conspiracy theories. Because that's all they are, B.S

jericho
08-11-2013, 11:16 AM
No. Common sense directly contradicts it. Tell me how it would even be possible? It would have been leaked by now.

You tell me not to insult your intelligence but I really don't need to with posts like that.

Personally? Utah.

Last season the Lakers free throws average per game as a team was 27.9, that's comparable to the Bobcats (25), Pacers (23.6), T'Wolves (24.9), OKC (26.8) ...are they rigging it for these teams as well?

In the last 3 games of the season, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, San Antonio, Chicago, New Orleans, Brooklyn, Detroit, Toronto, Golden State, Boston, Orlando, Charlotte, Utah, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Portland and Phoenix all averaged more free throw attempts than the Lakers.

The Lakers in total were called for 527 personal fouls last season, Philadelphia committed 528.

The Lakers in total were called for 102 loose ball fouls last season, Charlotte were called for 70, Minnesota for 68, OKC for 94.

If the refs are favouring the Lakers, how did they commit a similar amount of personal fouls to Philly and more loose ball fouls than the Bobcats, T'Wolves and OKC?

In total, the Lakers opponents throughout the season were called for 854 shooting fouls. Seems like a lot, but then again... the Bobcats opponents throughout the season were called for 900 shooting fouls.

The last time the Lakers missed the playoffs, 2004-05 they attempted only 1.8 FTA than they did this season.

But wait, they rig the league to make more money right? Then please explain the following.

New York, the largest TV media market in the United States hasn't made the Finals since 1999 or won a championship in over 30 years.

Chicago, the third biggest TV market in the states didn't make a single finals from 1966-1991. And they haven't been to one since MJ left.

Philly, the fourth biggest TV market in the states has only been to one finals in the last 30 years.

Portland has one of the lowest TV markets (23rd) and has been just as "successful" (been in in as many finals) over the last 30+ years as New York, the largest TV market.

Why haven't Kobe and Lebron met in a finals? It would make more money than any other match up.

Do you really want to do this? I will destroy your B.S conspiracy theories. Because that's all they are, B.S

Im talking bout the last 15 to 20 games of the season when the lakers were getting benefited with "human error" calls from the refs when they were like the 12th to 10th seed at that point and you are giving me regular season stats. Please try harder. Ill give you the last 3 games argument but still they were pretty much in the playoffs but that point so you can scratch that out 2.

And please use some logic in your posts. Being in a bigger market doesnt mean your team will always be good. Teams like NY can get away with being mediocare because the fanbase will always be there no matter if the team is good or if it sucks. So using Ny as an example is a bad idea because they can leave them as crappy as they want and the league would still make money out of them.

Are you really using 60s-90s as an argument?? You have to remember basketball wasnt that popular till 2 players by the name of Byrd and Magic came into the league. So they didnt care that much bout Chicago because they had those other 2 players to make money from. Thats until Jordan came in and look at what happen in the 90s.

I really dont get you are trying to say when you are comparing Utah and DC. DC has never been relevant and do you really consider it a big market?? Really? How?

Now you are bringing your A game. Instead of using your "half-assed" argument. I like it please continue now im having fun :D

jericho
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM
And really Tom wasnt a rogue ref. He ried to talk. Tried to put it all out there. But the league sold him out and safed face. Have you actually read one of his articles? Better yet have you seen the playoffs in 00, 02, 06 among plenty of other games. You cant really see those games and tell me that you dont believe for a second that those games over there werent rigged at all. If you do you sir are delusional.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 11:27 AM
LOL!! What?? Come on now i thought you said you were intelligent. If they were rigging the NBA for REVENUE. Then why are the biggest tv markets (which would make the most money) getting trampled on by the lowest tv markets? How does that increase your revenue?

And the statistics on fouls destroys your theory about the Lakers. Are you serious right now? Do you even understand the significance of those numbers?

Go back and provide reasons for everything in that post or just stop posting. You're clearly new to this. All you've given me so far is your completely biased opinion with nothing to back it up.

And Donaghy WAS a rogue ref. There's no evidence to say otherwise. Besides HE WASN'T RIGGING GAMES HE WAS POINT SHAVING. What part of that don't you understand?

There is just far to much fail in your posts.

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 12:09 PM

are you serious? ROGUE REF = CANSECO or no?

RASHARD LEWIS?

STERN = SELIG or no?

how is it any different when DONAGHUE says it or CANSECO? they spoke on it as if it were apart of they lives since inception to the sport

PHIL has said it over and over that the refs 'control' the game/score

bad calls ruin the flow and integrity of the game, the blatant in your face is what im speaking on, refs can give a team 20ft's attempts in 1qtr, while the other team gets maybe 3-4, how is that not rigging?

I also posted rig videos on here dealing with it in NBA, its quite eye opening and im not talking about the one someone posted on here a while ago about the KINGS vs LAKERS 02', or do you think that wasn't rigged either? you do you KINGS top to bottom were the better basketball team roster?

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Personally? Utah.

Are you related to STERN? a rogue ref right?

hired by a rogue commissioner or no? ROGUE REF = ROGUE COMMISH, nothing more nothing less

same for SELIG in MLB, he knew of the culture because he was the 'culture', he pay AROD 300 mill and runs a multi billion dollar operation, not AROD

Same with STERN he runs and hires and pays the people of the league, not the ROGUE REF, the ROGUE COMMISH

you cant be this naÔve unless he is your relative of some sort

MAGIC wanted no parts of the so called big market of CHICAGO, JORDAN made CHI TOWN to what it is, what has CHI TOWN done in history without JORDAN? don't know what you mean by that, same with NYC its not like they haven't had the biggest payrolls of past 20 or so years, so that means they were competitive or tried to be just like todays NY sport teams, how does this go over your head? fans of other teams get mad because of other high payroll teams so its kind of good to see them flop more times than not, the nba is a top notch business so they will take a bad media hit every now and then but keep going(just like MLB and others)

PHI had superteams in the 80's or no? PHI landed DR J had MOSES and BARKLEY/IVERSON(didn't know how to build around these 2 for ****), that's not competitive? they also had WILT and others or no? winning a title and being in Finals is pretty much the same, 1 winner 1 runner up both made it there

I don't know what you're getting at but the biggest markets TX/LA/CHI/NYC have had the biggest of stars and they all have won rather it was the 60' or 70's or 80's or 90's or 00's

why does so many stories have to leak out for you to wrap your brain around it? you do know that LANCE and CANSECO and any NFL player for most part and NBA leaked stories go hand in hand? negative or positive but mainly negative-cheating types, and worst of all the 'rogue ref' hired by the 'rogue commish' or you do agree to disagree?

you do know JORDAN wasn't even getting touched and was getting and 1's called left and right? you do know that before JORDAN beat the bad boys they could rough him up anyway until 'like mike' exploded globally then JORDAN became this un human bball machine that couldn't be literally 'touched'

now let me know how you can destroy my bs conspiracies when it actually happened

I cant be wrong because they put it out there, it didn't come from my mouth or from my actions

that bean-BRON matchup was setup for 09' but BRON blew it and HOWARD rose up, but those commercials and all were there for a reason, the rigger always plays both sides, why do you think we all watch the sport after the so called 'biggest' scandals leak?

because we have been conditioned to debate who's the bigger criminal, the rogue ref or the billion dollar rogue institution that hired him? come on PSD help me figure out who's the bigger criminal

would that make them bigger criminals than the ones who decided to build a prison for criminals? how criminal is that? teach you crimes that I say and then build something to lock you up for something I taught you, damn how criminal can you get

jericho
08-11-2013, 12:23 PM
LOL!! What?? Come on now i thought you said you were intelligent. If they were rigging the NBA for REVENUE. Then why are the biggest tv markets (which would make the most money) getting trampled on by the lowest tv markets? How does that increase your revenue?

And the statistics on fouls destroys your theory about the Lakers. Are you serious right now? Do you even understand the significance of those numbers?

Go back and provide reasons for everything in that post or just stop posting. You're clearly new to this. All you've given me so far is your completely biased opinion with nothing to back it up.

And Donaghy WAS a rogue ref. There's no evidence to say otherwise. Besides HE WASN'T RIGGING GAMES HE WAS POINT SHAVING. What part of that don't you understand?

There is just far to much fail in your posts.

Really? I thought we were arguing :(. You dont have to resort to those tactics to try to win argument. All you have to do is defend your point with enough evidence to back it up dont try that childish game of making me feel stupid because it really wont work.

You want to talk bout stats give me the stats from the last 15-20 games then we can talk you are giving me the full season stats. And even with that is not just bout fouls its about missed calls go watch that video and you will see for yourself sometimes its more about the eye test than stats. Evidence is there look it up or at least try to thats all i ask.

As for the big market point think bout it. Wouldnt it make sense to build up another franchise help them increase their revenue in order for the league to make more money?? You already have an established franchise in NY which is gonna make money regardless if they are good or not so why not put them down for a few yrs and maximise the profits for other teams? If you dont understand this. You are the less intelligent one in this argument.

I thought you were trying to shut me up. Wake me up when you actually start trying.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Are you related to STERN? a rogue ref right?

hired by a rogue commissioner or no? ROGUE REF = ROGUE COMMISH, nothing more nothing less

same for SELIG in MLB, he knew of the culture because he was the 'culture', he pay AROD 300 mill and runs a multi billion dollar operation, not AROD

Same with STERN he runs and hires and pays the people of the league, not the ROGUE REF, the ROGUE COMMISH

you cant be this naÔve unless he is your relative of some sort

Why do you randomly put some words entirely in upper case?

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 12:43 PM

since when do people asked about others type pattern? MAN to MAN that is

if you are a WOMAN than i'll give you a pass

answer back to my reply or did you choke up at the tremendous reply?

Goose17
08-11-2013, 12:45 PM
since when do people asked about others type pattern? MAN to MAN that is

if you are a WOMAN than i'll give you a pass

answer back to my reply or did you choke up at the tremendous reply?

And your response was complete nonsense, in that it was truly nonsensical. It made no sense.

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 12:53 PM

And your response was complete nonsense, in that it was truly nonsensical. It made no sense.

all you non psd hoopers always say what happened in the history of the nba doesn't make sense, you non hoopers need to cut it out, that **** is boring

how in the hell do you not understand that DR J and MOSES and BARKLEY/AI played for sixers? nevermind I just spoke on how nothing makes sense to you non hoopers, that actually happened in the nba history of it

you didn't know MAGIC said no to CHI had they won the first pick in like a coin toss with LA? he said he wanted to go to la/ALCINDOR or back to college

how in the world do you not know this but you claim you will destroy peoples replies on here? step up your hooping and educational nba history game

WILT didn't win like damn near 70 games for 76ers? you don't feel that BARKLEY/MOSES/DR J was a big 3,young BARK but old good versions of those other 2?former mvp's

NY hasn't been competitive or highly spending since 70's? 2 rings in 70's and 2 FINALS trips in 90's and what seemed like a 200mill payroll every year even now

so JORDAN just walked through the bad boys of DETROIT? or did they go 'soft' to let JORDAN win with STERN's approval that is

I sware all this truly nonsensical stuff just makes no sense, the nba will show one thing and have the fans saying another, damn that stupid nba and the non hoopers with it

anybody with enough heart to decipher this nonsensical **** im saying that doesn't make any sense just message me your number so I can educate you on these basic topics

Goose17
08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
all you non psd hoopers always say what happened in the history of the nba doesn't make sense, you non hoopers need to cut it out, that **** is boring

how in the hell do you not understand that DR J and MOSES and BARKLEY/AI played for sixers? nevermind I just spoke on how nothing makes sense to you non hoopers, that actually happened in the nba history of it

you didn't know MAGIC said no to CHI had they won the first pick in like a coin toss with LA? he said he wanted to go to la/ALCINDOR or back to college

how in the world do you not know this but you claim you will destroy peoples replies on here? step up your hooping and educational nba history game

WILT didn't win like damn near 70 games for 76ers? you don't feel that BARKLEY/MOSES/DR J was a big 3,young BARK but old good versions of those other 2?former mvp's

NY hasn't been competitive or highly spending since 70's? 2 rings in 70's and 2 FINALS trips in 90's and what seemed like a 200mill payroll every year even now

so JORDAN just walked through the bad boys of DETROIT? or did they go 'soft' to let JORDAN win with STERN's approval that is

I sware all this truly nonsensical stuff just makes no sense, the nba will show one thing and have the fans saying another, damn that stupid nba and the non hoopers with it

Again, your post makes no sense. Is English your second language? (Not trolling, just interested to know because you're clearly struggling with it).

And why do you randomly put some words in entirely upper case?

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Again, your post makes no sense. Is English your second language? (Not trolling, just interested to know because you're clearly struggling with it).

Like I stated another person on here posting who doesn't play and never has played the game especially if that didn't make any sense to you

did he you only watch JORDAN after he won his first ring in 91'?

I didn't watch WILT but he led PHI to like 66 or 69 wins in a season while he was there and he lost to RUSSELL a bunch of time in FINALS

what should I type this **** in CHINESE or old AFRIKAN script language

why do you keep asking me why do I put some words in upper case? is that not English? same **** I just wrote above it?

explain so I can make 'sense' to your ultra sense of bball fashion

the goose cant keep laying eggs

3RDASYSTEM
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

IndyRealist
08-11-2013, 02:38 PM
For the league to be rigged the owners, the legal sports betting establishments (like Vegas Casinoes), commisioner, advertisers, and more would need to know and they all would be criminally and civilally libel for fraud.

Your talking serious jail and billions in lawsuits for smart rich people...common sense says no....even without that try and rig a shot missing by a centimeter.

Once again, completely untrue. As long as they are not GAMBLING money, they would not be breaking any law.

Edit: I didn't realize this thread had devolved into middle school. Out.

Goose17
08-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Like I stated another person on here posting who doesn't play and never has played the game especially if that didn't make any sense to you

did he you only watch JORDAN after he won his first ring in 91'?

I didn't watch WILT but he led PHI to like 66 or 69 wins in a season while he was there and he lost to RUSSELL a bunch of time in FINALS

what should I type this **** in CHINESE or old AFRIKAN script language

why do you keep asking me why do I put some words in upper case? is that not English? same **** I just wrote above it?

explain so I can make 'sense' to your ultra sense of bball fashion

the goose cant keep laying eggs

Your posts are still nonsensical. Nothing you are saying makes sense, it's just random words thrown together. You have yet to form an actual sentence. Is English your second language? Do you suffer from a mental disability? I'm not trying to troll or offend I just don't understand why you're struggling to form a coherent post so much.

This thread should die, the conspiracy theory lovers will believe what they want.