PDA

View Full Version : 6 Years of Lebron or 12 Years of Carmelo Anthony

JordansBulls
08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Say you are a GM of a bad team. Would you prefer to have 6 years of Lebron trying to build the team up from the ground up and hope you have enough by the end of his 4th or 5th year or 6th year to win, or would you take 12 years of Melo giving you perhaps a greater window to bring in enough to win?

IKnowHoops
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
6 years Bron easily. Ill take 3 years of Bron easily.

Htownballa1622
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
one year of lebron > 12 of carmelo if it's about winning.

Jaded
08-08-2013, 03:44 PM
one year of lebron > 12 of carmelo if it's about winning.

So a 1 year rental of LeBron on a bad team > 12 years of Melo on the same team?
I mean LeBron is the better player obviously, but on a bad team of 1 year in comparison to Melo for 12?

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 03:46 PM
1. Starting from when they came in as rookies melo and its not even close.

2. Starting from the ages they are now and going forward lebron no question. Melo

IndyRealist
08-08-2013, 03:46 PM
So pay for lebron 6 years or Melo for 12? I can't even imagine Knick fans not saying Lebron.

abe_froman
08-08-2013, 03:47 PM
6 years of bron,he took crap+him to 50/60 wins yearly

Gators123
08-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Lebron, EASILY.

Htownballa1622
08-08-2013, 03:50 PM
So a 1 year rental of LeBron on a bad team > 12 years of Melo on the same team?
I mean LeBron is the better player obviously, but on a bad team of 1 year in comparison to Melo for 12?

oh. well if im a bad team. my bad. i meant if i was a bad team and could turn it around once i got either or.

nycericanguy
08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
If they are both rookies it's interesting.

It took Bron 9 years and teaming up with 2 other top players before he won a chip. And a young Lebron wasn't ready to lead a team to a title.

Melo is obviously more difficult to build around, but you'd have basically his whole career.

If we mean going forward, then of course you take LBJ who has already matured and is ready NOW.

FYL_McVeezy
08-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I didn't realize the OP is such a troublemaker :facepalm:

Klivlend
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM

2. Starting from the ages they are now and going forward lebron no question. Melo

That's wrong. LBJ has been better than Melo from day 1.

Becks2307
08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
-_-

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
LeBron. Melo as a #1 option would take a perfect job by a GM to be a true contender. LeBron alone makes you one, you just need to make a handful of right moves.

elledaddy
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
LMAOOOOOO, really????? Well why play the what if game? They both can into the league the same year to bad teams.
First 6 years of Lebron = 288 wins in the East
First 6 years of Melo = 285 wins in the West.

If I had the choice from the start, Give me 12 yrs of Melo in the East instead of 6 yrs of LBJ in the West

Chi~TwnHawksFan
08-08-2013, 04:17 PM
i would take 1 year of Lebron over 12 of Anthony.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Melo will never win a Ship. Hes too much of a diva and will ***** if he isnt a #1

Heatcheck
08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
LMAOOOOOO, really????? Well why play the what if game? They both can into the league the same year to bad teams.

If I had the choice from the start, Give me 12 yrs of Melo in the East instead of 6 yrs of LBJ in the West

wins is a team accomplishments, now you have to take into account the gm and the players that were put around him. that nuggets team that made it to the WCF was waaaay better than any team lebron ever had in cleveland

NYKnickFanatic
08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Melo will never win a Ship. Hes too much of a diva and will ***** if he isnt a #1

:laugh2:

Right...

Are you confusing Melo with Dwight?

TheIlladelph16
08-08-2013, 04:25 PM

It took Bron 9 years and teaming up with 2 other top players before he won a chip. And a young Lebron wasn't ready to lead a team to a title.

Melo is obviously more difficult to build around, but you'd have basically his whole career.

If we mean going forward, then of course you take LBJ who has already matured and is ready NOW.

I mean, current Melo isn't ready to lead a team to a title so I'm not sure what you mean here haha

It's Lebron here. Personally, I don't see Melo ever winning one as the man and as Hawkeye said it would take a PERFECT job by a GM to win with him as the man. I'll take 6 years of being a true contender over 12 years of kinda maybe sorta being one.

Heatcheck
08-08-2013, 04:25 PM
:laugh2:

Right...

Are you confusing Melo with Dwight?

theyre both half a player

Yanks All Day
08-08-2013, 04:26 PM
LeBron and it's not even remotely close. No matter how bad the team is, LeBron would make them a contender within a year or 2 of being there. Give him 6 and he'll have at least 4 Conference Finals appearances. Melo, on the other hand, needs a LOT more help than LeBron does.

KnickaBocka.44
08-08-2013, 04:27 PM
wins is a team accomplishments, now you have to take into account the gm and the players that were put around him. that nuggets team that made it to the WCF was waaaay better than any team lebron ever had in cleveland

A championship is a team accomplishment too. This is PSD, where players win championships instead of teams and the number of rings define the player.

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Put melo in Miami and put Lebron in NY and melo has 2 rings and Lebron has 0. So I would take 12 years of melo in Miami over 6 years of Lebron in Miami.

koreancabbage
08-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Put melo in Miami and put Lebron in NY and melo has 2 rings and Lebron has 0. So I would take 12 years of melo in Miami over 6 years of Lebron in Miami.

Put Lebron on Denver with the team with Iverson and they could have won the championship if we're playing this game here.

Melo in Miami would not even be a sure thing b/c its all hypothetical.

I mean a lot of Knicks fans the last three years think they could beat the Heat in a playoff series.... so i guess any team with Melo is instantly a championship team in the eyes of melo fans.

king4day
08-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I picked Lebron with the hope that there's enough in the last few years to get a ring. He was close during his first 6 years with little talent. I'd like to think that we'd know he'll need more help and it would happen.

Not a knock on Melo either. I put him in the same category as Ewing, Barkley, Miller, Stockton & Malone. Great talent but stuck in a league with a force like Lebron (whereas Jordan stopped the rest from getting rings)

maddBat
08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
id take 1 game of lebron over 12 years of melo. lbj is the king.... duh?:cheers:

ChicagoJ
08-08-2013, 04:52 PM
If your in rebuilding mode, then I take Carmelo. 12 years vs 6? You will only start become good in year 4 maybe 5 with lebron. You get Carmelo's full career, so ill take that to build around.

I'm assuming lebron is gone after 6 years and there is no hope for keeping him longer.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Wait, Melo had a bad team his first 6 years?

Big Zo
08-08-2013, 05:00 PM

If your in rebuilding mode, then I take Carmelo. 12 years vs 6? You will only start become good in year 4 maybe 5 with lebron. You get Carmelo's full career, so ill take that to build around.

I'm assuming lebron is gone after 6 years and there is no hope for keeping him longer.

LeBron was in the finals at age 22. Melo took like 4 years to be named an all-star, and has only gotten out of the first round twice. I'll take 3 years of LeBron over 15 of Melo at any point in their career.

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Put Lebron on Denver with the team with Iverson and they could have won the championship if we're playing this game here.

Melo in Miami would not even be a sure thing b/c its all hypothetical.

I mean a lot of Knicks fans the last three years think they could beat the Heat in a playoff series.... so i guess any team with Melo is instantly a championship team in the eyes of melo fans.

What team this last season was going to stop a melo led heat team? Now I'm not saying melo is a better player but in this single situation 12 years of melo playing with a super team is better then only 6 with James. Melo, wade, and bosh beat James and the Knicks every time.

Putting James on the old Denver team with AI would of been something to watch. They could of been a top contender but not the favorites especially in the west. I think melo chances with heat are better.

Lake_Show2416
08-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Lebron easily, a championship window is so small for teams anyways, ill take the best player in the world

Big Zo
08-08-2013, 05:13 PM

What team this last season was going to stop a melo led heat team? Now I'm not saying melo is a better player but in this single situation 12 years of melo playing with a super team is better then only 6 with James. Melo, wade, and bosh beat James and the Knicks every time.

Putting James on the old Denver team with AI would of been something to watch. They could of been a top contender but not the favorites especially in the west. I think melo chances with heat are better.

Melo wouldn't work with the Heat because he's one-dimensional, and isn't half the defender LeBron is. High scoring team, but not enough to get it done, with their lack of size.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I like Melo but I would honestly take 3 years of James over 12 of Melo... That is how ridiculous James is.

gotoHcarolina52
08-08-2013, 05:26 PM
If you want to maximize your franchise's value, you take LeBron.

If you like the taste of Honey Nut Cheerios, you take Carmelo.

RiceOnTheRun
08-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Well we also have to take into account the age they'll be during those years and when we get them.

If we're getting them fresh off the draft, then I take 12 years of Melo, easily.

If I'm getting them at age 24, about to enter their primes, I'll take 6 years of Lebron any day. Melo would be 36 by the end of his 12 years, and he would probably be unable to carry a team by age 32-33. Those extra years don't mean much if he's not going to be playing at championship caliber level.

Sandman
08-08-2013, 05:37 PM
interesting, comes down to how quick you can build

I think if you give a team 12 years to do something vs. 6 it will be a lot easier to put together and maintain. I also think teams would approach this differently if these guys actually had 6 or 12 year contracts. Would Orlando have signed Rashard Lewis if they didn't have that sense of urgency? Would Cleveland have kept piling on bandaids year after year?

Paul Pierce is an example of both. He waited around for a while before Boston was a real contender. BUT when they became a contender it was overnight.

If I'm starting a team from scratch I take Lebron. Lebron makes 20m, you can build quick around that. If I get either player in the draft and my team is already full of garbage that needs cleaning up, I might take the 12 year window instead.

jimm120
08-08-2013, 05:41 PM
My thinking like everyone else's.

If its right out of the draft...18 yrs Lebron and 19 yrs Melo...and I'm told I get to keep melo for 12 years or Lebron for 6 years...I'd go with Melo for 12 years. Much longer to build around and you KNOW he'll be a dominant force. Lebron was with the cabs for 7 years and we all saw the results. took longer to get to the playoffs but did manage to get to the finals in the weak east.

Now, as others have said...if we're getting somewhat seasoned versions, in which Lebron melo are around 22-23 at least, you take Lebron for 6 years. Lebron is the #1 player in the game. If you can get Lebron's age 26-30 years, you do it. But if you're only getting some of those years, then no.

Melo from year 19-31 is better than Lebron from years 18-24.

If older...like I said starting at 22-23 years...

Melo from 23-35 is spectacular but Lebron from 22-28 would still be exceptional.

3RDASYSTEM
08-08-2013, 05:50 PM
LeBron. Melo as a #1 option would take a perfect job by a GM to be a true contender. LeBron alone makes you one, you just need to make a handful of right moves.

See now that's what I mean by just knowing how to look at the 'best' players, you're quote is my proof from now on when trying to show people what I mean, you cant say that for many players in league history, pretty much my best players group is of those type of players

''LEBRON alone makes you a contender'', a handful of right moves is a lot to make but makes it a lot easier when you have a LEBRON/WILT/ALCINDOR type to start with

MELO as a no 1 'scoring' option isn't a bad thing, just think about if MELO had played in post like this when AI/SMITH was over in DENVER? but he wanted to be on the perimeter too much that's why It didn't work out, he wouldn't listen to KARL after KARL was basically begging him to do what he loves to do now, bang on the block

players like BRON/AI/JORDAN are no 1 options because of a myriad of things they can do to effect offense on high level, MELO is pure and through a scoring machine, those other 3 are supreme playmakers also, big difference when looking at no 1 option types

its why WADE/BRON go well because WADE is more the mold of BRON and not just a scoring machine, WADE rebounds and plays d well passes well, we all know he can put the ball in the bucket

bucketss
08-08-2013, 05:55 PM

serious question? pacers would have wiped the floor with them... you seen melos %%% against the pacers? combine with boshs struggles, and wades injury.. LOL, pacers in 5 maybe 6..

SportsFanatic10
08-08-2013, 05:58 PM
6 years of lebron without hesitation. not a tough pick at all imo, melo isn't gonna take you to the promised land.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM

That's wrong. LBJ has been better than Melo from day 1.

No your just thinking it through. Look at all the years and talent it took for LBJ to finally win a title. LBJ for 6 won't win you jack. Melo for 12 will get you more wins, playoffs, and maybe a ring or 2.

SportsFanatic10
08-08-2013, 06:14 PM
dp

SportsFanatic10
08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
melo is not the kind of guy who can lead a solid/good team to a championship. his game is just too incomplete and based on one end of the floor. he doesn't create quality shots for his teammates enough, and he holds the ball stalling the offense too much. he gets hot and can score with the best of them, and he'll win some games for you that way, but he's not going to carry a team through the whole playoffs like that. i highly doubt he ever wins a championship as the number 1 option.

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2013, 06:19 PM
1 game of Lebron over 20 years of Melo....I don't want a guy you cannot win a title with

PhillyFaninLA
08-08-2013, 06:20 PM
No your just thinking it through. Look at all the years and talent it took for LBJ to finally win a title. LBJ for 6 won't win you jack. Melo for 12 will get you more wins, playoffs, and maybe a ring or 2.

You don't win titles with me first offensive minded guys like Melo..so you may have more wins and even more playoff wins but you'd have 0 titles.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 06:24 PM

serious question? pacers would have wiped the floor with them... you seen melos %%% against the pacers? combine with boshs struggles, and wades injury.. LOL, pacers in 5 maybe 6..

You should watch the games and not just look at the %. The series was basically melo vs the pacers and it still went six. Because of melo. And almost went 7 if melo would had even a little help in game 6.

So you basically just made the case that the Knicks supporting cast is better than the heat bosh and wade included. Lol

And they also would have won sooner cause melo has way to much heart to pull a lerun against Dallas, like LBJ did.

The pacer in 5? Really? Lmao....

uprightciti
08-08-2013, 06:28 PM
how about 12 years of melo with 6 years of lebron after he signs with the knicks >:)

bucketss
08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
You should watch the games and not just look at the %. The series was basically melo vs the pacers and it still went six. Because of melo. And almost went 7 if melo would had even a little help in game 6.

So you basically just made the case that the Knicks supporting cast is better than the heat bosh and wade included. Lol

And they also would have won sooner cause melo has way to much heart to pull a lerun against Dallas, like LBJ did.

The pacer in 5? Really? Lmao....

never said that, theres something called "mathups" atleast knicks had tyson to throw at hibbert, miami had no one, and to top it off their defense goes to the pits with melo. and not to mention their shooters become useless with melo hogging and taking low percentage shots.

and the bolded part, where was melos "heart" when dropped 3 points in the 4th quarter of game 6 vs the pacers?:)

bucketss
08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
imagine a bosh/melo front line LOL,

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 06:33 PM

You don't win titles with me first offensive minded guys like Melo..so you may have more wins and even more playoff wins but you'd have 0 titles.

Sure you can. That's just silly. Kobe and Dirk just did it. Melo just needs some help, like everybody else.

chitownredbulls
08-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Melo sucks...Knicks will never win a championship with him...lol

uprightciti
08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Melo sucks...Knicks will never win a championship with him...lol

rose sucks...bulls will never win a championship with him...lol

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
never said that, theres something called "mathups" atleast knicks had tyson to throw at hibbert, miami had no one, and to top it off their defense goes to the pits with melo. and not to mention their shooters become useless with melo hogging and taking low percentage shots.

and the bolded part, where was melos "heart" when dropped 3 points in the 4th quarter of game 6 vs the pacers?:)

1. Match ups? what match ups?, did you watch the game? Except for melo Ny was over matched across the board. TC was coming of inury had lost 14 pounds and was a shell of himself and played worst that trash. and even if he was healthy he does not come close to making up for nobody being able to make a damn shot.

2. I think you should have paid more attention to the match ups on the other end. Because wade and bosh would have helped a have of a lot more the TC did. Melo was a 1 man show against the pacers(cause everybody else played like ****) and he still made it a series. No way in hell the pacers win if melo has wade and bosh. Hell, the pacer would have lost if jr smith even showed up.

3. Now lets please stop with this asinine debate. we both know there's no way in hell melo on the knicks is a better team, than melo on the heat. I would much rather have hibbert go HAM. Than have my star out their trying to play 1 on 5 with no help. And it's not even close.

javaid64
08-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I love how the OP is the same guy who also started the if carmelo was ever a top 5 player.....he sure has a hard on for melo

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Melo will own the post with the heat with all there 3 point shooters. Heat whould be the best offense in the league. Pacers would still be a tough match up but melo and the heat would have to much fire power. Again this is the only way I would take melo over lebron. Melo playing with wade and bosh for 12 years then lebron with 6. Lebron whould of lost to the pacers to if he was in NY.

bucketss
08-08-2013, 08:13 PM
1. Match ups? what match ups?, did you watch the game? Except for melo Ny was over matched across the board. TC was coming of inury had lost 14 pounds and was a shell of himself and played worst that trash. and even if he was healthy he does not come close to making up for nobody being able to make a damn shot.

2. I think you should have paid more attention to the match ups on the other end. Because wade and bosh would have helped a have of a lot more the TC did. Melo was a 1 man show against the pacers(cause everybody else played like ****) and he still made it a series. No way in hell the pacers win if melo has wade and bosh. Hell, the pacer would have lost if jr smith even showed up.

3. Now lets please stop with this asinine debate. we both know there's no way in hell melo on the knicks is a better team, than melo on the heat. I would much rather have hibbert go HAM. Than have my star out their trying to play 1 on 5 with no help. And it's not even close.

melo was black hole lol, he had a few good games, he hurt the knicks most of the other games. if a one man show is one dude throwing up bad shots and missing horribly than yes i agree.

wade before the finals was averaging 13 ppg, dude was missing WIDE OPEN layups, and bosh was getting manhandled by hibbert, now add a cancerous ball hog like melo who shot below 40 % most of his games, factor in his horrendous defense, factor in the fact the shooters become useless because melo is a black hole? .. in 5, if they're lucky and wade goes ham one game than 6.

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Lebrun easily. Melo is a top 5 scorer in the league every year, but until he commits to all aspects of the game I go LeBron

bucketss
08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Melo will own the post with the heat with all there 3 point shooters. Heat whould be the best offense in the league. Pacers would still be a tough match up but melo and the heat would have to much fire power. Again this is the only way I would take melo over lebron. Melo playing with wade and bosh for 12 years then lebron with 6. Lebron whould of lost to the pacers to if he was in NY.

i wonder if he will pass, or will he be featured in an episode of

ESPN 10 for 30: the carmelo anthony story.

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Bron, by a good margin to.

Bruno
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM

and by handful of right moves you mean, pair him up with two other top five PER talents, and some of the most clutch bench players of the past decade, right?

haha, just playin man. LBJ dominates and I agree. :hi5:

Bruno
08-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Bron, by a good margin to.

x2.

looking at win-shares alone, LBJs top six seasons will total more wins than Carmelos projected win share total after twelve seasons.

bucketss
08-08-2013, 08:30 PM
and by handful of right moves you mean, pair him up with two other top five PER talents, and some of the most clutch bench players of the past decade, right?

lol, but i don't think melo would be considered 1st options in this scenario( assuming everyone plays to their standards)

jerellh528
08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Everyone's talking about titles lol. In that case I'd take 6 yrs of Lebron, wade, bosh over 12 yrs of melo.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Lebron. You can win more titles in 6 years with Lebron than you can in 12 years with Melo assuming both are #1 and both have the same roster/coach/opposition/etc.

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Lebron is better then melo no doubt but not by a ridiculous margin. How many tiles whould James win with a core of Tyson chandler and bargnani in 6 years?

meloman1592
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Why was this thread made? Lebron is better than Melo. We all know this. ****in psd man

justinnum1
08-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Such an easy answer.

elledaddy
08-08-2013, 09:12 PM

Wait, Melo had a bad team his first 6 years?

Oooooo I get it, Melo had a good team and LBJ didnt. The yr B4 LBJ, clev was 17-65. That same year which was the yr B4 Melo, guess what denver record was, 17-65. But yeah Melo went to a better team somehow. Only on PSD

Cal827
08-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I'll take choice right down the middle.

9 Years of Dwayne Wade.

You get more titles :D

4milesperday
08-08-2013, 09:15 PM

The East is so easy...Melo still can't hack it there.

Captain Moroni
08-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Why the unhealthy obsession with Carmelo Anthony?
In the last month you have STARTED 7 Threads with Melo in the subject heading.
Are you stalking him? or are you a fan club president?

BTW I take 6 years of LeBron> 12 Years DROSE
6 Years of LeBron>12 years Durrant
6 Years LeBron>Kobe
6 Years LeBron>Paul
6 Years Lebron> Every player in the NBA 12 Years.

Not exactly Brain surgery.

Captain Moroni
08-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Why was this thread made? Lebron is better than Melo. We all know this. ****in psd man

It was made because the OP author has the Jones for Melo.

Captain Moroni
08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Lebron is better then melo no doubt but not by a ridiculous margin. How many tiles whould James win with a core of Tyson chandler and bargnani in 6 years?

Da Knicks
08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
I would take melo easily heck I'd take shumpert for 12 years. Rather have a player who wants to be on my team than a player who bolts on his own hometown.

Captain Moroni
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I love how the OP is the same guy who also started the if carmelo was ever a top 5 player.....he sure has a hard on for melo

And the Melo Paul comparisson
And the Iverson Melo Comparison

Cal827
08-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Oooooo I get it, Melo had a good team and LBJ didnt. The yr B4 LBJ, clev was 17-65. That same year which was the yr B4 Melo, guess what denver record was, 17-65. But yeah Melo went to a better team somehow. Only on PSD

I think they are talking about support. Lebron never had a guy like AI to bolster, or a strong roster. When Lebron Left, that team crumbled, when Melo Left, the Nuggets still fought.

Year After Lebron Left Cleveland: 19-63, 21-45, 24-58 (Two first overall picks, and a couple more top 5 picks)
Year After Melo Left: 38-28, then 57-25 (Division title, playoffs)

Cal827
08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I would take melo easily heck I'd take shumpert for 12 years. Rather have a player who wants to be on my team than a player who bolts on his own hometown.

I hope for your fanbase that it doesn't happen, but it would be ironic if Melo opted out.

Although, based on people responses, it might be a blessing in disguise lol

bagwell368
08-08-2013, 09:28 PM

The more you write, the more I wish the word "Boston" wasn't in your handle...

NYMetropolitans
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM
This thread is funny.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM

And this is logic I can never understand... Just silly..... I would take James or MJ or Kobe if they said they think the city my team is in is the worst in the world and the people suck. Its a business... As long as they are the best players in the world and gives my team the best chance at a championship nothing else matters. James is like 5 levels above everyone else and 10 above Melo.

justinnum1
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM

:laugh:

bucketss
08-08-2013, 09:42 PM

well.. lebron is by far the best player in the world... while melo struggles to get into the top ten past few years soo... yeah the gap is pretty big.

JordansBulls
08-08-2013, 09:54 PM
1 game of Lebron over 20 years of Melo....I don't want a guy you cannot win a title with

Wait what? Not like Lebron won a title where no one else on the squad was a proven champion already like Wade was when he won as the man.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Wait what? Not like Lebron won a title where no one else on the squad was a proven champion already like Wade was when he won as the man.

That is also silly logic... Basically Derek Fisher or Rondo-------->CP3..

L

O

L

Sandman
08-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Why the unhealthy obsession with Carmelo Anthony?
In the last month you have STARTED 7 Threads with Melo in the subject heading.
Are you stalking him? or are you a fan club president?

BTW I take 6 years of LeBron> 12 Years DROSE
6 Years of LeBron>12 years Durrant
6 Years LeBron>Kobe
6 Years LeBron>Paul
6 Years Lebron> Every player in the NBA 12 Years.

Not exactly Brain surgery.
Ah there it is. The truth shall set you free.

The East is so easy...Melo still can't hack it there.
:confused::whistle:

More-Than-Most
08-08-2013, 10:09 PM
I would take 6 years of James over 12 years of anybody else in the league outside of Durant and CP3....

I would take 6 years of James over 9 years of Durant and CP3 though.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM

melo was black hole lol, he had a few good games, he hurt the knicks most of the other games. if a one man show is one dude throwing up bad shots and missing horribly than yes i agree.

wade before the finals was averaging 13 ppg, dude was missing WIDE OPEN layups, and bosh was getting manhandled by hibbert, now add a cancerous ball hog like melo who shot below 40 % most of his games, factor in his horrendous defense, factor in the fact the shooters become useless because melo is a black hole? .. in 5, if they're lucky and wade goes ham one game than 6.

1. I don't think you watched that series at all? Cause melo was all the Knicks had. It went 6 all in his back. You're just refusing to acknowledge that cause you hate melo.

2. The fact that it went 6 and almost 7 with a worse team, pretty much proves you don't know what your talking about. And once you start arguing that much better players, makes the team much worse. Which is definitely what your doing. It's time to leave it alone.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 10:37 PM

You could make it 10 years and it would still be 0.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 10:40 PM

I think they are talking about support. Lebron never had a guy like AI to bolster, or a strong roster. When Lebron Left, that team crumbled, when Melo Left, the Nuggets still fought.

Year After Lebron Left Cleveland: 19-63, 21-45, 24-58 (Two first overall picks, and a couple more top 5 picks)
Year After Melo Left: 38-28, then 57-25 (Division title, playoffs)

Now you know why posting that makes no sense. So why even post it....smh

JordansBulls
08-08-2013, 10:44 PM
That is also silly logic... Basically Derek Fisher or Rondo-------->CP3..

L

O

L
Re read. I didn't know those guys won a title as the man taking home finals mvp and giving an organization it's first title in franchise history?

More-Than-Most
08-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Re read. I didn't know those guys won a title as the man taking home finals mvp and giving an organization it's first title in franchise history?

No No... I didnt mean on your part but the post you quoted.

jayjay33
08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I would take 6 years of James over 12 years of anybody else in the league outside of Durant and CP3....

I would take 6 years of James over 9 years of Durant and CP3 though.

If you mean starting as rookies you should lol yourself, then slap yourself.

If you means starting from now them yes. LBJ is in his prime so who else could ya take. I dont even think Durant has 12 more years a superstar.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM

Nah, I know.

Lets say he fell to Denver in 2003. How good are they?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM

So, please evaluate the roster of both those teams before both showed up, and what they were given year 1 going forward.

Good luck.

Sandman
08-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Nah, I know.

what if either one of them went to DETROIT :speechless:

They chose Milicic over ANY amount of Anthony :violin:

jaydubb
08-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not the biggest Lebron or heat fan to say the least, but this question is easy.. Id take Lebron for 6 over melo for 12.. Here's my thing, Lebron in his prime would take an average team far in the playoffs and a slightly above average team to the chip. Melo would need another superstar IMO.. Yes, Lebron had wade and bosh, but lets be real, bosh played like **** and wade played good but not like a "superstar". If you are rebuilding, I like my chances of winning at least one chip in a 6 year window with bron over a 12 year period with melo just because melo would need one more superstar unlike Lebron.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:02 PM

Joe Dumars had that decision legally removed from his brain. Detroit didn't have a pick in 2003...

javaid64
08-08-2013, 11:42 PM

well no if the Detroit pick was originally a memphis pick top 1 protected so if that pick was number one it was memphis not Detroit who would have had option to draft lebron.

Sandman
08-08-2013, 11:59 PM
well no if the Detroit pick was originally a memphis pick top 1 protected so if that pick was number one it was memphis not Detroit who would have had option to draft lebron.

well this was in response to what if LeBron fell to Denver

mrblisterdundee
08-09-2013, 12:28 AM
What about six years of LeBron as a leader versus 12 years of Anthony as the second-best player on the team? That sounds more fair, as it's what will need to happen for Anthony to win.

SlimKid
08-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Only a Knickerbocker fan could argue for Melo.. It's not even close, let alone a reasonable question

waveycrockett
08-09-2013, 01:43 AM
6 years of winnings vs 12 years of losing. Not a tough choice.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-09-2013, 01:49 AM
6 years of Bron Bron so I can actually get a ring or two.

jerellh528
08-09-2013, 03:21 AM
6 years of Bron Bron so I can actually get a ring or two.

What about 6 yrs of melo, wade, and bosh vs Lebron?

waveycrockett
08-09-2013, 03:33 AM
What about 6 yrs of melo, wade, and bosh vs Lebron?

Still LeBron

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Sure you can. That's just silly. Kobe and Dirk just did it. Melo just needs some help, like everybody else.

Kobe is a warrior and sacrifices to win, Dirk is no a true me first guy....Melo is a true me first guy....I genuinly hate Kobe and I don't hate Melo and can can see the difference but I respect your point.

Kobe is a win at all cost guy, Melo is if its slightly inconvient for me then I won't do it. That is what I'm saying.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 05:38 AM

While I don't agree with you on this because its business and winning is the goal...I strongly respect your loyalty and view on the importance of it in sports.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 05:40 AM

And Jordan won how many titles without Pippen and without a great supporting cast?

Kobe won how many alone? Duncan alone? Bird? Wilt? Russell?

IKnowHoops
08-09-2013, 10:25 AM

Put Bron on Pacers and put Melo on the Heat, Pacers win. I know thats not fair on so many levels but that is still the outcome in this situation.

IKnowHoops
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Its like asking who would you rather have Jordan for 6 or Pippen for 12. Jordan didn't do anything before pippen either, but we know the answer is Jordan.

Lebron is much better than Melo in every facet of the game. His fg% is almost 10% higher while only scoring one less point per game.

Passing- forget about it
Rebounding-forget about it
Defense- forget about it

Bron has shown he can do a lot more with a lot less, and he is one of a kind. There has never been a player like Lebron, and may never ever be one again.

Bron Easily

& Melo is a great player.

I'd take KG easily for 6 years too, so its not like Lebron is the only guy I would take.

Quick list of guys I take over Melo in the same 6 to 12 year deal without any hesitation.

D Robinson
T Duncan
KG
Jordan
Shaq
Hakeem

therealwd27
08-09-2013, 10:49 AM
While I don't agree with you on this because its business and winning is the goal...I strongly respect your loyalty and view on the importance of it in sports.

I think you're both forgetting how the knicks got Melo???? He forced his way, LBJ left as a free agent. Smh

any way too easy. LBJ for 6

Robbw241
08-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Lebron. 6 years you could probably win 2 championships. Melo in 12 probably 1. 2>1

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I think you're both forgetting how the knicks got Melo???? He forced his way, LBJ left as a free agent. Smh

any way too easy. LBJ for 6

Tell me exactly in very specific detail what your opinion of me forgetting how the Knicks got Melo....if you read what you quoted I was saying I respect the person I was quotings view on loyatly.....now how does my appreciation for someone caring about loyalty mean I forgot about how Melo become a Knick.....use the specific details that led you to your opinion.

koreancabbage
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM

and Melo asked for a trade which forced Denver to trade him to New York b/c he knew they weren't going anywhere. Don't you think Melo would do the same thing if the Knicks were sucking? hence he might go to LA next year based on touchy rumours that might or might not be true.

If you think Lebron was a douche for leaving the team he drafted. then you can't think/say anything different of Melo.

Bruno
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Nah, I know.

thats exactly what i was thinking.

javaid64
08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
and Melo asked for a trade which forced Denver to trade him to New York b/c he knew they weren't going anywhere. Don't you think Melo would do the same thing if the Knicks were sucking? hence he might go to LA next year based on touchy rumours that might or might not be true.

If you think Lebron was a douche for leaving the team he drafted. then you can't think/say anything different of Melo.

theres a difference one left his home town he spent his entire life in and where his family and friends live. the other left the team that drafted him to go to the city he was born in.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Melo, unless you build Lebron a super team.

JordansBulls
08-09-2013, 01:42 PM
And Jordan won how many titles without Pippen and without a great supporting cast?

Kobe won how many alone? Duncan alone? Bird? Wilt? Russell?

How many of them went to a team to play with a player that had already won a title as the man in there prime and for a franchise that never won before?

THE MTL
08-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I hate how people talking about winning and lebron. Give carmelo Anthony two other superstars to play with and he'll win too

JordansBulls
08-11-2013, 10:28 AM
I hate how people talking about winning and lebron. Give carmelo Anthony two other superstars to play with and he'll win too

Not any two, but with a Wade who already won as the man, yes this would be accurate.