PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Roddy Beaubois?

Gators123
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
In 2010 Cuban said this about Roddy-

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2010/02/mark-cuban-says-rookie-guard-beaubois-ba.html/

“I’m not going to trade him. There are maybe one or two guys in the league I’ll trade him for. Other than that, he’s pretty much untouchable. It’d have to be an incredible player. There are maybe one or two guys that we’d include him in [a trade for]. That’s how highly we think of him.”

Hes only 25 years old and is still a FA, but it doesn't sound like anybody is interested in signing him. Can he still become a good player, or was his success early in his career just a fluke?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
he fizzled, is too small, and not a true PG despite being 5'10"

kdspurman
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
There was talks of him being an all star by now by some Mavs fans a few years ago, I know I forgot about him.

I think he's had some injuries unfortunately.

#1 Romo fan
08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
He never really panned out. The Mavs were close to getting rid of him a few times over the years but then he would have a monster game. He was very complicated because he had the talent.

I Rock Shaqs
08-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Johnny Flynn 2.0?

D-Leethal
08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Injuries. I think he either had a botched surgery ala Azubuike or he kept reinjuring the same part of his body (knee, ankle, foot, wrist don't recall which).

D-Leethal
08-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Just looked it up - he broke the same foot twice, dislocated multiple fingers, and than came back last year and broke his hand and was out for the year.

TeamSeattle
08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
This guy had some serious talent on the court at times and was a good heady pg. He ran into some injuries and kind of just fizzled out over a few years.

king4day
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I just remember him being highly prized. I'm sure the injuries were the big reason. Hopefully he gets another chance. Otherwise I don't doubt he'll star somewhere overseas.

slaker619
08-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Would be great for the Heat if he came thru!

Kashmir13579
08-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Injuries. When he was on he could be a fun player to watch.

3RDASYSTEM
08-08-2013, 03:05 PM
he fizzled, is too small, and not a true PG despite being 5'10"

bingo

he wasn't enough IVERSON like enough, its tough being under 6ft in a big man league, its even tough for 6'10''

the more I kept hearing about this guys upside and blah blah blah it reminded me to stick to my guns and just go off what I was watching and I said he has speed(which means nothing for little guys) and just is who he is as a player, pretty avg at best, now go do his PER and whatever else and I guarantee you his PER will show it, and to top it off he wasn't gameplanned for at all, he barely cracked the rotation

Necrosis
08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
At Hawkeye,

He is not 5.'10 he is 6'2 on the court legit, with an almost 6;10 wingspan and 39 inch vert. He is a Undersized shooting guard that would have been lou Williams on steroids had he not had multiple injuries.

he is nothing like Iverson either in game style. Iverson was finesse and grit, jamal Crawford with finishing ability. He would dive into people and draw fouls hitting the deck constantly. Shooting leaners and fade aways and step backs. Roddy Buckets is a spot up shooter or driver, some what like tony parker. He finishes but with finesse, floaters and runners. He isn't all that great in iso accept attacking the rim, probably too small to create enough space with the dribble reliably. Iverson played winning ball, Roddy plays his size.

Roddy is ok on d and is thin so he can be bullied, but the length gives him the Iverson style passing lanes and deflections. His upside is all but gone as he has slowed a bit so now the defensive issues and his strength (driving, creating lanes) start regressing making him a 6.2 spot up shooter ,would you want that?