PDA

View Full Version : who will have a better PER, AK47 or Scola?

Chrisclover
08-08-2013, 08:02 AM
we have witnessed the forging of two terrible teams, Nets and Pacers, and they have impressive moves.
Before this summer, AK47 and Scola are undisputedly starting roles, but now it seems like they will be 6th men.
Ak47, substitudes for PP, and Scola substitude for Granger.
Both PP and DG are all stars and will have many minutes, so i am wondering how many minuts AK and scola will have.
And more importantly , their PER, cause if you dont fire too much , you can reb ,assist, have better shot selections, which will boost PER
Any ideas?

naps
08-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Really? A thread for Scola and AK-47's PER?

What's next? Who's gonna have a better eFG% between Chris Kaman and Greg Oden?

Anyway, Andrei Kirilenko will be more of an impact player between the two IMO.

setman2000
08-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Who cares!

NYJ - NYY
08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Substitude? The fuq

Cal827
08-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Really? A thread for Scola and AK-47's PER?

What's next? Who's gonna have a better eFG% between Chris Kaman and Greg Oden?

Anyway, Andrei Kirilenko will be more of an impact player between the two IMO.

To be fair, it's better than the constant Kobe vs Lebron threads that pop-up here lol

c.c.
08-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I say Scola

Chrisclover
08-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I just thought these 2 guys are pretty cool but i didnt know too much about them, not like the veteran fans here. so i made this thread
another reason was that Nets and Pacers will be way better next year, which made me curious about their newly-added puzzles

To be fair, it's better than the constant Kobe vs Lebron threads that pop-up here lol

JerseyPalahniuk
08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Scola is not going to play the 3. AK will also play the 4 to back up Garnett in small lineups. He'll get his 25-28 minutes every night, especially when we rest the two former Celtics. But to answer your question, AK for his larger overall impact.

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Not sure why this is a thread. But AK. Scolas has a nice skillset and all, but he doesn't impact the game in as many areas as AK.

BoomBaby44
08-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Not sure why this is a thread. But AK. Scolas has a nice skillset and all, but he doesn't impact the game in as many areas as AK.
I like the thread cause it makesyou discuss a role player for two contenders and what their impact will be instead of the same threads that consist of lbj, kobe, dwight or miami heat threads. Why post on the thread if your just conna blast it?

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I like the thread cause it makesyou discuss a role player for two contenders and what their impact will be instead of the same threads that consist of lbj, kobe, dwight or miami heat threads. Why post on the thread if your just conna blast it?

I also contributed to it. And I blast any thread that I deem stupid/unthread worthy.

TheNumber37
08-08-2013, 12:33 PM
ak47, impacta the games is more ways, so his.PER might be higher..

this thread could be expanded to just asked which acqusition will have the biggest impact ob their team.

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 12:37 PM
ak47, impacta the games is more ways, so his.PER might be higher..

this thread could be expanded to just asked which acqusition will have the biggest impact ob their team.

Would probably still be AK. His versatility off of the bench will be of paramount importance to the Nets imo. He can back up Joe, Pierce and KG without really losing his overall effectiveness. Also while he isn't a lights out shooter or anything he has range out to about 18-20 ft so he'll create mismatches on offense and Lopez should see less double teams as a result considering his running mate last year was Reggie Evans.

IndyRealist
08-08-2013, 01:13 PM
The biggest driver of PER is volume of shots taken. Given that Scola was brought in as the primary bench scorer while Kirilenko was brought in to guard Lebron, I'd say Scola.

And Scola will be West's backup, not Granger.

Zefflin
08-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I also contributed to it. And I blast any thread that I deem stupid/unthread worthy.

You contributed your negative opinions which is what countless other daltons on these forums do, we don't need or want those types of "contributions" to these NBA boards...the only thing you 'blast' threads with is your ridiculous waste of band-width signature that no one has ever read.

Oh, and Scols obviously.

RiceOnTheRun
08-08-2013, 06:35 PM
AK 47, because the Nets have less depth at the bench forward spots.

Not to mention West/Granger/George will play more minutes than Garnett/Paul.

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 08:16 PM
You contributed your negative opinions which is what countless other daltons on these forums do, we don't need or want those types of "contributions" to these NBA boards...

I'm PM when I start to care.

the only thing you 'blast' threads with is your ridiculous waste of band-width signature that no one has ever read.

Oh, and Scols obviously.

So much so that you felt the need to point it out? Seems fishy.

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Nets forum?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:49 PM
even if Scola has a better PER, AK brings SOOOOOOO much more. Defense, passing, moving without the ball, rebounding, and finishing.

ee
08-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Ak will be backing both pierce and kg

IndyRealist
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
even if Scola has a better PER, AK brings SOOOOOOO much more. Defense, passing, moving without the ball, rebounding, and finishing.

At one point in time Scola was a FANTASTIC low post player and finisher. But he didn't come into the league until 27 or 28, at his peak, and he's declined every year since. Kirilenko has been pretty consistently awesome from his rookie contract until now.

krisxsong
08-09-2013, 09:58 AM
The biggest driver of PER is volume of shots taken. Given that Scola was brought in as the primary bench scorer while Kirilenko was brought in to guard Lebron, I'd say Scola.

And Scola will be West's backup, not Granger.

AK47 was not brought to guard LeBron, that's stupid.

He was brought in to provide exceptional depth and versatility. To sign a player when you're that deep in the luxury tax just to guard one guy you might not even meet in the playoffs is beyond stupid.

Rockice_8
08-09-2013, 10:17 AM
AK more than likely. . . He impacts the game in so many more areas than Scola.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2013, 10:28 AM
At one point in time Scola was a FANTASTIC low post player and finisher. But he didn't come into the league until 27 or 28, at his peak, and he's declined every year since. Kirilenko has been pretty consistently awesome from his rookie contract until now.

oh for sure. Scola was a really solid PF for the Rox a handful of years back. But as you stated, he didn't enter the league until his "prime", and even then he was an under the rim player with limited athletic ability. He has been in sharp decline since his last year in Houston. At this point, he is good for a midrange game, and a few layups off crafty moves. He can't rebound or defend at all. Kirilenko is a far better all around player.