PDA

View Full Version : Shabazz Muhammed kicked out of NBA Rookie Program

Deception
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves rookie guard Shabazz Muhammad was sent home from the NBA's Rookie Transition Program for violating of a rule and bringing a female guest into his hotel room, a person familiar with situation told USA Today Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the situation.

Muhammad, who also will be fined, was in Florham Park, N.J., for the four-day program which helps rookies transition into the league through a series of seminars, instructions and guest speakers.

via USA Today

king4day
08-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Breaking rules this soon is a bad omen (ala Beasley).
He's got some maturing to do for sure. I still like the pick though for Minny but he needs a father figure in the locker room.

D1JM
08-07-2013, 03:13 PM
He's got some maturing to do for sure. I still like the pick though for Minny but he needs a father figure in the locker room.

jj barea

Iron24th
08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
He did it for beasley and chalmers

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
For bringing someone into his hotel? Wow lol

The man was just trying to get his shabang on, probably.

Trueblue2
08-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Not all rules are created equal, He was just trying to get some *****. Im surprised they actually enforce that rule to be honest. A professional athlete that just signed his first contract bringing a girl to his room is nothinh out of the ordinary, it would be strange if he wasnt getting any.

Deception
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Still though, the program is 4 days and it's made to help keep your names out of the headlines. Taking it serious for 4 days isn't asking for much.

Allphakenny1
08-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Still though, the program is 4 days and it's made to help keep your names out of the headlines. Taking it serious for 4 days isn't asking for much.

Got to agree with this. The whole point of the program is to learn how to be a professional and handle their new fame and money without making stupid mistakes. Then he goes and completely ignores what he is meant to learn and breaks a rule before he even gets home.

OlivaThor
08-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Shabazz Muhammed is PIMP

kblo247
08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Bring guy to Vegas and tell him no ***** ... I ain't even mad at him

A_Bynum_sucks
08-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I posted this on the Sixers board. And so far ALL my Sixer Brothers say this Ain't no thing but a Chicken wing!
I totally disagree. It only proves what has been written about Shabazz. That he is a self-centered little Punk! Who thinks the rules don't apply to him. He is gonna be a HUGE Bad Character guy in this league. And his game, which was ONLY Shooting & scoring will be totally expossed against NBA Defenses.

Dude is a pure scumbag!!

2-ONE-5
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
^he doesnt have any Sixers brothers, no one likes him or takes him seriously. His views do not reflect the ones in forum on this topic being discussed in our forum or in anything Sixers related.

More-Than-Most
08-07-2013, 05:43 PM
For people that will say this is stupid note... Its a 4 day event... How hard is it to follow rules for 4 days? If it was 3 months I would understand. Just stupid.

sunsfan88
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
He could have just done what Te'o did and pretended he had a girl in the room.

IndyRealist
08-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Funny how most of the posters here agree with me though huh ? So who is right, and who is completely wrong ?
Also, I have been a sixer fan way way longer then you little Boy. I know you liked Shabazz before the draft. You think the little Gang Banger can do no wrong. Maybe you can go to his room and spread your Butt cheeks for Mohammed!!

Ban in 3...2...

Shlumpledink
08-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Off to a great start

A_Bynum_sucks
08-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Ban in 3...2...

.....1......0...Yeah, where is the Ban ? And for what ?....telling the truth ? That dude has had a LOVE affair for Shabazz for the logest time. I mean he could have raped a 11 year old girl and he would be saying it's no biggie.

ManRam
08-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Obviously goofed up...but even with his alleged character issues I'm not gonna overreact about it. It is what it is...and I don't think it's an indictment on his future as an NBA player in any way. This doesn't PROVE anything. It might reinforce our notions, but only time will tell whether or not his off-the-court antics/personality actually will matter. This isn't gonna affect anything basketball-related at all.

dalton749
08-07-2013, 06:52 PM
guys we don't know how hot she was, don't jump to conclusions

GiantsSwaGG
08-07-2013, 06:52 PM
For people that will say this is stupid note... Its a 4 day event... How hard is it to follow rules for 4 days? If it was 3 months I would understand. Just stupid.

I guess the ***** was that good

topdog
08-07-2013, 06:53 PM
The positive: it's not drugs, violence or some other criminal matter... unless it was a hooker (but I'd doubt that)

The negative: the event is about teaching young players how to be positive role models, keep their noses clean, ect and you get kicked out in what? Like 30 minutes? It doesn't help Shabazz with his "fresh start" he's been talking about.

abe_froman
08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
thats a stupid reason to get kicked out ,but still it feeds into the the negatives about his mind/attitude that have dogged him since hs

RiceOnTheRun
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I think the rule is stupid, but it's still a rule. It's only 4 days ffs and he couldn't even abide to such simple terms?

ACanadian
08-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm in his shoes as well but I can't help myself, the ladies just follow me around wherever I go.

Bubba313
08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
guys we don't know how hot she was, don't jump to conclusions

This

MrfadeawayJB
08-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Haha he was getting some

RipCity32
08-07-2013, 10:54 PM
What's the problem here?

RipCity32
08-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm in his shoes as well but I can't help myself, the ladies just follow me around wherever I go.

:bs:

Bulls_fan90
08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Funny how most of the posters here agree with me though huh ? So who is right, and who is completely wrong ?
Also, I have been a sixer fan way way longer then you little Boy. I know you liked Shabazz before the draft. You think the little Gang Banger can do no wrong. Maybe you can go to his room and spread your Butt cheeks for Mohammed!!
Actually laughed out loud :laugh:

Six-8-TheWizard
08-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Getting sent home because a girl was in his room. What is this a middle school grad trip?

MTar786
08-08-2013, 01:21 AM
beasley 2.0

Chill_Will_24
08-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Bring guy to Vegas and tell him no ***** ... I ain't even mad at him

Your sig is hilarious. I guess this is the new tactic Lakers fans are using to try and cope.

MickeyMgl
08-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Not all rules are created equal, He was just trying to get some *****. Im surprised they actually enforce that rule to be honest. A professional athlete that just signed his first contract bringing a girl to his room is nothinh out of the ordinary, it would be strange if he wasnt getting any.

The problem is those are some of the very situations they are trying to educate these rookies about.

RollingWave
08-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Way to go Shabazz, you really needed even more things in common with Beasley there...

mikekhelxD
08-08-2013, 04:19 AM
For bringing someone into his hotel? Wow lol

The man was just trying to get his shabang on, probably.

No, I think he was trying to play jenga with the woman.

Vinny642
08-08-2013, 04:44 AM

This right here

2-ONE-5
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
.....1......0...Yeah, where is the Ban ? And for what ?....telling the truth ? That dude has had a LOVE affair for Shabazz for the logest time. I mean he could have raped a 11 year old girl and he would be saying it's no biggie.

why are you mkaing things up? show me one post where I even said I even like Shabazz? I will wait and Ill be waiting for a while since I never liked the kid and never wanted to draft him from the get go. But go ahead continue to make up stuff like you always do in the Sixers forum bcuz it will lead to a much needed ban in the main forum.

This clown is calling Shabazz a scumbag and gang banger for being booted from the symposium but is trying to convince sixers fans we should trade for Beasley and that hes not a problem child

DR_1
08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
He could have just done what Te'o did and pretended he had a girl in the room.

:laugh:

b@llhog24
08-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Aren't you like a sex addict or something?