PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williiams reaches agreement w/Blazers

kdspurman
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM

xabial
08-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Thats a steal. $5.6M guaranteed over two years which is essentially a one year contract to re-establish value.

Ryan328
08-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Blazers bench def upgraded with Mo, McCollum, T Rob, Lopez, Crabbe, Watson

kdspurman
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
I thought he was going for a contender (no offense to Blazer fans), and was willing to take less $ to do so.

I thought he was going to end up in Memphis.

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
I thought he was going for a contender (no offense to Blazer fans), and was willing to take less $ to do so.

I thought he was going to end up in Memphis.

Guess no one wanted him. Or in the end, even though it's not much more, money talks.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-07-2013, 02:49 PM
The Blazers are gunna be a fun 2K team. Not sure if they're a playoff team just yet but the depth with certainly help. I could see a run at the 8th seed.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Guess no one wanted him. Or in the end, even though it's not much more, money talks.

Yeah agreed. Some players just say that in the media that they'll take less but when an offer comes up, they'll pounce on it.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
The Blazers are gunna be a fun 2K team. Not sure if they're a playoff team just yet but the depth with certainly help. I could see a run at the 8th seed.

Yeah they were in the running last year with the Lakers and Jazz for that last spot, and that's without any bench at all. They significantly added to that this year. It'll be fun seeing them, the Nugs, Wolves, Pelicans, and Lakers all battle it out for the 7-8 seeds.

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah agreed. Some players just say that in the media that they'll take less but when an offer comes up, they'll pounce on it.

Exactly. There are very few players who keep their word.

Wade n Fade
08-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I wanted Mo for the bench in Miami, but I see us landing Sebastian Telfair because of the stupid rumor of him being a target. I would've gone to a team where he would get more PT.

Goose17
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Honestly impressed with the Blazers offseason. Their bench was nonexistent last season, they've really upgraded. One to watch, could be pushing to clinch an 8th seed.

Iron24th
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
And this guy said he would not come anywhere he would not start lol

5ass
08-07-2013, 03:13 PM
And this guy said he would not come anywhere he would not start lol

That was last offseason. I think he realizes he's not a starter anymore.

king4day
08-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Love the move for Portland. Didn't think any players getting signed at this point were getting more than the minimum. Still a solid contract.

KDSpursman, how do you quote tweets like that? Where do you get that number from?

Iron24th
08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
That was last offseason. I think he realizes he's not a starter anymore.

True this year he only wanted to start in utah.

D1JM
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Love the move for Portland. Didn't think any players getting signed at this point were getting more than the minimum. Still a solid contract.

KDSpursman, how do you quote tweets like that? Where do you get that number from?

on twitter where is says more, go to embedded tweet. the number is right there

kdspurman
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM

If you click on a tweet it should expand it. Some say expand or you can just click the tweet itself and it expands. you should see "details" as well once you've done that. That will open up the tweet's full URL, so it'll look something like this- https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/365173599574827010

Just take the number at the end & put it between [ tweet][ /tweet]

kobe4thewinbang
08-08-2013, 01:19 AM

I thought he was going to end up in Memphis.I thought he was considering San Antonio. A scorer off the bench when Parker isn't feeling/playing well would be nice for SA. Like you said, Portland is a scrappy young team, but I'd rather watch Lillard and Batum play instead of Mo.

Couldn't Mo also have played SG for the Spurs when Ginobili is being reckless?

MTar786
08-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Ah man. I wanted him on the Lakers

waveycrockett
08-08-2013, 01:41 AM
He's going to be a decent player for them. I still dont think they are a playoff team tho unless Joel Freeland and Myers Leonard REALLY REALLY develop and become top-15/top-20 big men. Outside of Aldridge and Lopez their bigs really suck.

Jumba
08-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeah they were in the running last year with the Lakers and Jazz for that last spot, and that's without any bench at all. They significantly added to that this year. It'll be fun seeing them, the Nugs, Wolves, Pelicans, and Lakers all battle it out for the 7-8 seeds.

I wouldn't say 11 or so games behind the 8 spot and 10 games back from the 9th spot is contending for the playoffs. They were done with their potential playoff run in February hahah Nice try though

kdspurman
08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I thought he was considering San Antonio. A scorer off the bench when Parker isn't feeling/playing well would be nice for SA. Like you said, Portland is a scrappy young team, but I'd rather watch Lillard and Batum play instead of Mo.

Couldn't Mo also have played SG for the Spurs when Ginobili is being reckless?

I mean his name was linked to us, but I really take those kind of rumors with a grain of salt. I thought he would've been good off the bench for sure.

He could probably have played backup PG, Bellinelli the 2 and maybe Manu the 3.

But Portland certainly upgraded their bench so that's encouraging for them.

ATX
08-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Great move for the Blazers. Could certainly see them getting into the playoffs this season as a 7 or 8 seed. They finished the year on a 13 game losing streak, but I believe they bounce back with this retooled roster. Will CJ McCollum play more at the 1 or the 2?

DR_1
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I wanted Mo for the bench in Miami, but I see us landing Sebastian Telfair because of the stupid rumor of him being a target. I would've gone to a team where he would get more PT.

And you think he would have gotten that in Miami? :facepalm:

Red Hot Rolllin
08-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Blazers bench def upgraded with Mo, McCollum, T Rob, Lopez, Crabbe, Watson

and D Wright :)

Red Hot Rolllin
08-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Great move for the Blazers. Could certainly see them getting into the playoffs this season as a 7 or 8 seed. They finished the year on a 13 game losing streak, but I believe they bounce back with this retooled roster. Will CJ McCollum play more at the 1 or the 2?

CJ will most likely defer to Mo and play off the ball on the second unit... its starting to shake up a little like this for Stotts depth chart:

Lopez/Meyers/
LMA/TRob/Freeland
Batum/D Wright/Claver
Mathews/CJ/Barton/Crabbe
Lillard/Mo Will/Watson

2-ONE-5
08-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Blazers have a very solid starting 5 and now they have a bench to go along with it. Should finish as high as 7th