PDA

View Full Version : LAL has more nationally televised games next season than Miami; 4th most in NBA

sunsfan88
08-06-2013, 09:43 PM
The NBA has released the complete 2013-14 regular-season schedule, and with it, a complete list of games that will air on national television. Between ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV, 239 regular-season games will air nationally between October 29 and April 16.

29 of those games will involve the Los Angeles Lakers.

This despite Kobe Bryantís return date being up in the air. This despite Dwight Howard bolting for Houston in free agency. This despite Pau Gasol and Steve Nash both being past their primes and coming off injuries that forced them to miss significant time last season. This despite Chris Kaman and Wesley Johnson being penciled into their opening-night starting lineup.

In spite of all of these very real shortcomings and indications that they wonít be very good, they will be on national TV more times this season than all but three teams. The Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks have 33 nationally televised games apiece, and the Oklahoma City Thunder have 30. The two-time defending champions, the Miami Heat, have 27.

Thatís right, the Lakers are on TV more times than the Heat.

Last season, when the Lakers were coming off a historic offseason in which they traded for Nash and Howard, they were on national TV 28 times. They had 25 national games apiece in 2010-11 and 2009-10, two seasons in which they were coming off NBA titles.

They havenít made it past the second round of the playoffs since that 2010 championship, and were swept in the first round last season. And theyíre on national TV more times than either of the seasons after their last two titles.

Obviously, the Lakers have a huge global fanbase, one of the most iconic players in the world and several key matchups that absolutely should get national attention. Howardís return with the Rockets, for instance. Or either of their battles with their Staples Center co-tenants, the Clippers.

But 29 games, and a marquee Christmas Day matchup with the Heat that will almost certainly be a blowout, feels excessive.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/lakers-national-tv-lottery-nba-schedule/

How is it that the Lakers who barely made playoffs to get spanked in 1st round and probably won't even make it next year or get past the 1st round have more games than the back to back champs Miami?

And this isn't a Lakers hate thread, why did LAL not get more games during the title seasons? They were unstoppable during those years (09-11) and yet they have more games on national TV this year than those years?

Its not even like the Lakers are going to be entertaining to watch with 45 year old Kobe, Gasol and Nash leading the way. Not to mention that those 3 will likely miss many games next year due to injury cause of their age. I don't even think the LAL fans are looking forward to watching their team get spanked on national TV against good teams. It must be embarrassing.

Miami, Houston, Golden State, LAC, Brooklyn all ought to have way more games than LAL.

D-Leethal
08-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Fans will probably relish watching the Lakers implode more than win games anyway. America loves drama. NBA just wants the ratings and they will take them any which way they can.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I think a significant part of the schedule might have been pre-determined long before free agency is over.

Plus it's LA which is the 2nd most populated in America. 1.6 million more people than the 4th ranked city (Houston). You know how many cities have more than 1.6 million people? Four.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Pakman
08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Lakers have the most fans In the nba. When you cater to that you get more ratings. Dont act like this is something new. Get over it.

sunsfan88
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Lakers have the most fans In the nba. When you cater to that you get more ratings. Dont act like this is something new. Get over it.
Why didn't the Lakers have more games in 09-11 then?

Do they have more fans now when they suck than back when they were good?

shep33
08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
One of the most popular teams in sports. The NBA likes viewers and money.

Dade County
08-06-2013, 10:04 PM
This can actually make the Lakers franchise look bad.. Losing over and over again on nationally TV, can hurt the Laker brand.

ShoItIs
08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Why do people watch Floyd Mayweather?

amos1er
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Probly has to do with Kobe being a bigger draw than Lebron even after all these years. Very impressive. If I were an owner, I know who I would start my team with between the two...

Bostonjorge
08-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Sounds about right

LAKobeBryant
08-06-2013, 10:18 PM
NBA knows that Lakers generate more revenue for them than Miami. But really it's just 1 game your making a big deal about it.

soundjunkies2
08-06-2013, 10:19 PM
When you're the marquee franchise of the NBA you're going to get a lot of nationally televised games. Whether they are good are not.. it's that simple. It's the reason more Yankee games are televised that the Giants.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Their the Lakers. Perhaps the most popular team in the NBA.

As good as the Heat are, perhaps their losing some of their luster from the "hate Lebron" years.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Probly has to do with Kobe being a bigger draw than Lebron even after all these years. Very impressive. If I were an owner, I know who I would start my team with between the two...

Everything turns into a Lebron bashing thread for you.

MrfadeawayJB
08-06-2013, 10:38 PM
To me it's two reasons.

1. La is a huge market with a lot of fans

2. People will enjoy the lakers struggles (except laker fans)

therealwd27
08-06-2013, 10:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I wonder if you believe what you type sometimes honestly.

lukass
08-06-2013, 10:46 PM
a lot of people like to watch the Lakers win and even more like to watch them lose, hence the ratings its a win win for the nba, I hate the Lakers but i'll always tune in to pull for a loss

koreancabbage
08-06-2013, 10:50 PM

and you say you don't bait. like come on now.

UPRock
08-06-2013, 11:00 PM
That's awesome, we're going to have the opportunity to watch them lose more games than usual, I'm ok with that.

Jenceman
08-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Just ignore him, gives Laker fans a bad name

Slug3
08-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Nationally televised games are in the USA. Lebron is more popular in the USA. So your point is now failed.

But I honestly think the deal with TW has something to do with this. Everyone's cable bill got charged an extra $2 a month just for this channel. There are a lot of people who most likely opted out (besides souther CA). I think they got the max so they can be watched without this channel.

RaiderLakersA's
08-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I haven't seen the schedule, but could it possibly be a result of the match ups? I mean if all of those nationally televised games are against perpetually downtrodden teams, then there might be something to it. My hunch is that is not the case.

Bostonjorge
08-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Kobe style of play is just better to watch compared to James style.

Slug3
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen the schedule, but could it possibly be a result of the match ups? I mean if all of those nationally televised games are against perpetually downtrodden teams, then there might be something to it. My hunch is that is not the case.

They really only have minn that is a national game and a not so good team. Other than that its a lot of clipper/sas/hou games that fill it up quick for them.

RiceOnTheRun
08-07-2013, 12:01 AM

:rolleyes: Is it even surprising at this point?

On topic,

Either you'll enjoy watching the Lakers
or
You'll enjoy watching the Lakers lose

win-win

lakerfan85
08-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Maybe it's because Kobe is closing in on MJ for third all time on the scoring list... Just a guess on my part not trying to bait..

Max.This
08-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I only watch my team play so it doesn't really matter

JordansBulls
08-07-2013, 12:21 AM
How is it that the Lakers who barely made playoffs to get spanked in 1st round and probably won't even make it next year or get past the 1st round have more games than the back to back champs Miami?

And this isn't a Lakers hate thread, why did LAL not get more games during the title seasons? They were unstoppable during those years (09-11) and yet they have more games on national TV this year than those years?

Its not even like the Lakers are going to be entertaining to watch with 45 year old Kobe, Gasol and Nash leading the way. Not to mention that those 3 will likely miss many games next year due to injury cause of their age. I don't even think the LAL fans are looking forward to watching their team get spanked on national TV against good teams. It must be embarrassing.

Miami, Houston, Golden State, LAC, Brooklyn all ought to have way more games than LAL.

I'm still wondering how they got the Christmas game at home.

Highlanderlaker
08-07-2013, 12:25 AM
It's amazing how it's shocking to everyone that the lakers have more nationally televised games then the heat. What's more exciting to watch lakers vs clippers,warriors,thunder,rockets,Memphis,spurs,ti mberwolves, nuggets or Miami vs Brooklyn,Chicago,Indiana,new York,Atlanta,Washington,Boston. There's overall more talent in the western confrence the east has five teams and u know the order in the west it's anybody's game and it's ridiculous how people just assume that the lakers will suck, everyone assumed that we would be great last year without the right players for mikes system but now we have a few more shooters and got a little younger I'm excited for this season as a lakers fan to see what we can do.

still1ballin
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Because its the "Lakers"

bholly
08-07-2013, 12:39 AM
A big part of it is likely timing, too. That shouldn't be overlooked. That 29 games includes at least 4 of those 3.30pm Sunday matinee games that the Lakers do way more of than anybody else, and then a tonne of 10:30pm games when there aren't too many other teams playing. Combine that with their popularity and marketability and it's no huge surprise.

Teeboy1487
08-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Even losing, the Lakers are more interesting than the lowly Suns.

kblo247
08-07-2013, 01:14 AM
If you don't know ... They have the top draw !

Tymathee
08-07-2013, 01:22 AM

Because, as the article said, the Lakers are a global brand and the Lakers are more interesting nationally than the Heat.

shep33
08-07-2013, 01:25 AM
It's a money thing for the NBA. We're the Cowboys of the NBA... except a lot more successful

RLundi
08-07-2013, 01:39 AM

Did the OP hurt your feelings?

mexican dodger
08-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Because we're going to win it all

ArmLaker
08-07-2013, 03:01 AM
I think a significant part of the schedule might have been pre-determined long before free agency is over.

Plus it's LA which is the 2nd most populated in America. 1.6 million more people than the 4th ranked city (Houston). You know how many cities have more than 1.6 million people? Four.

Looking at the top 10, I feel like San Diego and San Jose both deserve an NBA franchise.

Chacarron
08-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Colby!!!!!!!!!!

naps
08-07-2013, 03:14 AM

Way to bring LeBron in this thread. Why does this guy turn every single damn thread about LeBron vs Kobe? I see how liberal the MODs have been to this troll. He's given the platinum trolling and baiting license.

amos1er
08-07-2013, 03:50 AM
I love how you all are so quick to play the "troll card" every time I mention something Kobe related; even when it's in response to a thread about Kobe. lol I posted earlier in relation to the topic and just because it had to do with Kobe I am a baiting troll. LMAO. Kobe is a Laker, Lebron is on the Heat, and this thread is about the Lakers and Miami. There really isn't anything out of line here when you consider those facts. I made an assessment, based on my honest opinion... Thats all. Please stop with the false accusations.

Goose17
08-07-2013, 05:13 AM
To me it's two reasons.

1. La is a huge market with a lot of fans

2. People will enjoy the lakers struggles (except laker fans)

What he said^ especially that last part.

Kevj77
08-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Why do people watch Floyd Mayweather?This.
The same reason they watch the Lakers, Patriots or Yankees. Huge fan base and a ton of haters. Even if they are only watching to see them lose they are still watching. All they care about are ratings.

Kevj77
08-07-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm still wondering how they got the Christmas game at home.It is Christmas day. Do I really need to explain? The NBA wants to have a game for each timezone that will get ratings. Do you think they are going to give the westcoast game to the Kings, Suns, Portland or Utah. The only other option are the Clippers and Lakers still get the ratings.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Nationally televised games are in the USA. Lebron is more popular in the USA. So your point is now failed.

But I honestly think the deal with TW has something to do with this. Everyone's cable bill got charged an extra $2 a month just for this channel. There are a lot of people who most likely opted out (besides souther CA). I think they got the max so they can be watched without this channel.

Actually your wrong nationally televised games are also shown in Mexico I've been there and I've seen plenty of laker games so your totally wrong!

PhillyFaninLA
08-07-2013, 06:11 AM

This...more people want to cheer or boo the Lakers then the Heat....same thing with the Yankees and Cowboys...they are hated with so much passion people watch to see them fail...they also have signifigant history and arrogant fans that fuel it even more.

The Heat are just the current great team, once they get bad they most people won't care about them.

PhillyFaninLA
08-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Why didn't the Lakers have more games in 09-11 then?

Do they have more fans now when they suck than back when they were good?

No offense intended but when I read 90% of your posts I hear Emporer Palepitan saying "Gooood, goood, the hate is strong in this one"

sunsfan88
08-07-2013, 08:37 AM

Yes cause that is quite an accomplishment :rolleyes:

sunsfan88
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
No offense intended but when I read 90% of your posts I hear Emporer Palepitan saying "Gooood, goood, the hate is strong in this one"

Haha I do hate the Lakers, but this thread really isn't about the hate that much. I even supported them a little by asking why they didn't get more games when they won their titles ;)

4milesperday
08-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't think this have anything to do with market size, it has a lot more to do with available slots for national TV. OKC has more televised games than Miami, OKC is a small market.

Rockice_8
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Well to be fair they will be a fun team to watch. Who doesn't love to see scoring and the Lakers will be getting scored on a lot.

bholly
08-07-2013, 08:50 AM

The population of the city, as it's defined in that ranking, isn't really as relevant as the population of the total area. What you want is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_and_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States
What matters probably changes from case to case, but in general I'd look at the PSA rankings. LA is still #2 of course, but some of the other rankings change considerably.

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2013, 08:56 AM
33 for the Knicks? Not bad for a projected "6th" placed team in the East.

ATX
08-07-2013, 09:40 AM
The Lakers went out and signed Kaman, Young, and Johnson. People will tune in to see if Kobe can create any positive chemistry with his new players. Nash and Hill will be returning healthy, so this team certainly can make the playoffs, but can Kobe coexist with a team that is not seen as a contender? Now that he ran Howard off, will he turn on Nash? Who's next? Or will he get his team to play for their coach and be a "Team"? Kobe's elite league of Doctors will have him at 110% by opening day no doubt (Even though this rupture "Should" take approximately 9 months for recovery), so he should be ready to go. So how long can Kobe play at a 25 year olds level while being a decade older? A lot of intriguing storylines...I'll be watching.

Slug3
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Actually your wrong nationally televised games are also shown in Mexico I've been there and I've seen plenty of laker games so your totally wrong!

How am I wrong? The National televised games are just about the USA for these. I never said that outside this country that nobody would pick the game up or anything like that. But when talking about National TV you are talking about USA.

ATX
08-07-2013, 10:04 AM
How am I wrong? The National televised games are just about the USA for these. I never said that outside this country that nobody would pick the game up or anything like that. But when talking about National TV you are talking about USA.

Your clearly not wrong. Saying "Nationally televised" implies just that...Nationally. Not internationally. So there are games picked up by broadcast stations in Mexico...And? His point? I'm positive other countries pick up games just like ESPN picks up soccer games from club teams in other countries.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-07-2013, 10:26 AM
What else is new?

showtym24
08-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Lmao people really think we're really gonna suck. A lot crow is gonna be eaten. Not sayin theyre gonna be a top seed but 4 or 5 is easily doable.

el hidalgo
08-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure if amos1er is baiting, or if he is that insanely obsessed with lebron.

Pakman
08-07-2013, 10:36 AM
A big part of it is likely timing, too. That shouldn't be overlooked. That 29 games includes at least 4 of those 3.30pm Sunday matinee games that the Lakers do way more of than anybody else, and then a tonne of 10:30pm games when there aren't too many other teams playing. Combine that with their popularity and marketability and it's no huge surprise.This summed it up well

ManRam
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
The Heat will have like 20+ extra nationally televised games counting the playoffs, so I wouldn't worry about them not being on national TV more than LA.

king4day
08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't have an issue with this. LA has a ton of fans and they'll still be highly watched games.

I'm more surprised that Phoenix didn't get at least 1 LAL game on TNT. The whole Nash storyline and the Suns with some new blood and new unis.
Instead, Phoenix only gets an ESPN game against the Pelicans.

DreamShaker
08-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Kobe style of play is just better to watch compared to James style.

I actually agree with this, on offense at least. When Kobe gets hot, it is amazing to watch.

DreamShaker
08-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't have an issue with this. LA has a ton of fans and they'll still be highly watched games.

I'm more surprised that Phoenix didn't get at least 1 LAL game on TNT. The whole Nash storyline and the Suns with some new blood and new unis.

Only thing I can think is they don't trust Nash to be healthy. Hard to bank on a storyline involving a 40 year old with a bad back. I know Kobe is recovering from his injury, but he's got Wolverine powers.

bleedprple&gold
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
The Lakers are a polarizong team and thats why people watch them and they get the ratings. Either you love them and watch to see them win or hate them and watch to see them lose. It doesnt matter if the Lakers are good or not, people will watch because they have an opinion about the team. Its when you are indifferent to a team thats when you dont care to watch them.

BigBlueCrew
08-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I can understand the Lakers and the Knicks, people love love love to hate these teams, as witnessed by stupid amount of stupid threads in here. But the OKC Thunder??? really?

I was really waiting to see Greg Oden's return.....damn you Adam Silver damn you!!!!

tredigs
08-07-2013, 11:48 AM

Ding ding ding.

/thread.

beliges
08-07-2013, 11:49 AM
This can actually make the Lakers franchise look bad.. Losing over and over again on nationally TV, can hurt the Laker brand.

Eh the Lakers have no talent on the roster. I think most people are expecting them to miss the playoffs so losing on national TV wont hurt the Lakers brand one bit this season. Plus Kobe is still the #1 draw in the league and that's why you got the Lakers with as many national TV games as they have. I think Kobe leads this team to the playoffs and that would be a remarkable accomplishment in an of itself.

Da Knicks
08-07-2013, 11:52 AM
33 games for the knicks, hmm makes me think twice about getting league pass this year. Got to make up for that low rated finals I guess, bulls and knicks have the fan bases to get it done.

Teeboy1487
08-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Did the OP hurt your feelings?

No

Tony_Starks
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Why do the Lakers have to get picked out? The Bulls, Knicks, Clippers, and Thunder have more televised games. Quit hating.

But on topic, it's not cool. I'm a hardcore Laker fan and I don't agree. Give the champs their props.....

todu82
08-07-2013, 12:53 PM
No surprise really. The Lakers might not have a good season next year but they're still the most revered franchise in the NBA.

IndyRealist
08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
I'd rather watch the Lakers lose a close ge than watch the Heat blow out the Pelicans.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 01:53 PM
The population of the city, as it's defined in that ranking, isn't really as relevant as the population of the total area. What you want is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_and_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States
What matters probably changes from case to case, but in general I'd look at the PSA rankings. LA is still #2 of course, but some of the other rankings change considerably.

Well in that 3rd column, LA and surrounding areas have twice the population of the 3rd ranked city (Chicago).

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 01:54 PM
33 for the Knicks? Not bad for a projected "6th" placed team in the East.

Pretty sure the thread makes its point dude. The same argument for LA's population is even more strongly applied to New York teams. And very few posters have them as 6th, most at 4-5

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Well that should be exciting. Lol

king4day
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Well that should be exciting. Lol

Yea I don't quite get why they wanted that matchup. Maybe they expect a fast game or something.
At least I'll get my moneys worth from league pass this year (instead of so many free games) :)

mjm07
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I love how you all are so quick to play the "troll card" every time I mention something Kobe related; even when it's in response to a thread about Kobe. lol I posted earlier in relation to the topic and just because it had to do with Kobe I am a baiting troll. LMAO. Kobe is a Laker, Lebron is on the Heat, and this thread is about the Lakers and Miami. There really isn't anything out of line here when you consider those facts. I made an assessment, based on my honest opinion... Thats all. Please stop with the false accusations.

This guys just as good as AROD playing the victim role. You...you're good, you!

PurpleLynch
08-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Simply,even overseas(I'm Italian) LA Lakers is the most popular team. Nothing of new,the Nba,like other sports,is based on money,it's a buisness. In Stern's words,the Finals with Lakers against Lakers would be the best for the buisness. Thankfully it's not like that and I'm a Laker fan,but it's the reality.

ztilzer31
08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
This guys just as good as AROD playing the victim role. You...you're good, you!

There's a reason Amos1er and Illusionist are the only ones on my ban list. Guys could turn a soccer forum into a conversation about Kobe.... I don't even know why people even quote them anymore.... They say the same 4 or 5 things over, and over again....

Amos1er is on record saying "If the Heat win the finals it's because the refs helped them... There's no way they beat the Spurs without help from the refs".

Everything that guy says is based off the same stupid ****... I really wish you would all ignore them so they wouldn't be able to throw off threads.

4milesperday
08-07-2013, 02:52 PM
David Stern knows that you're more likely to buy league pass to watch Miami play your team than you're to buy it if it was the Lakers, Chicago, OKC or the Knicks.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Probably has to do with them being the greatest nba franchise don't you think JR?

Supreme LA
08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
This isn't like the last Finals where ratings skyrocketed as fans across the country tuned in hopes of seeing the Spurs knockout the Heat. The Lakers get the most televised games because they have the most fans. Now if the NBA were trying to cater to only PSD fans, there would obviously be more Heat games televised.

Supreme LA
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Same *****, different day.

Kobe fans (Lebron haters) + Kobe haters (Lebron fans).

PSD in a nutshell. Some of you guys really need to get a LIFE.

ATX
08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Same *****, different day.

Kobe fans (Lebron haters) + Kobe haters (Lebron fans).

PSD in a nutshell. Some of you guys really need to get a LIFE.

Yes, but look at the history of the threads. It's like 98% of the time Kobe fans instigating, and James fans coming to his defense. Truth.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
The Heat will have like 20+ extra nationally televised games counting the playoffs, so I wouldn't worry about them not being on national TV more than LA.

The Heat will not be attending this years finals ;)

lamzoka
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
The Lakers are the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA.

They are americas team. they probably have more fans than the heat and dolphins combine.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes, but look at the history of the threads. It's like 98% of the time Kobe fans instigating, and James fans coming to his defense. Truth.

Or 98% of cocky Heat fans claiming he's god, and the rest of us laughing.

ATX
08-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Or 98% of cocky Heat fans claiming he's god, and the rest of us laughing.

98% False

BKLYNpigeon
08-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Warriors have 17 Nationally televised games.

jerellh528
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Way to bring LeBron in this thread. Why does this guy turn every single damn thread about LeBron vs Kobe? I see how liberal the MODs have been to this troll. He's given the platinum trolling and baiting license.

As much as this guy seems to hate trolls, the only time I ever see him post is when he is replying to, or bashing a supposed troll.

jerellh528
08-07-2013, 04:13 PM
It's not too far fetched an idea of the nba. Hmmm give their second biggest market and biggest draw of a player a lot of televised games. Wow, who woulda thought!? It's almost like basic economics or something like that.

kobe4thewinbang
08-08-2013, 01:21 AM
I'd rather watch LA struggle to win games than watch Miami plow through the pathetic eastern conference.
Miami's games against the West powerhouses will be better, but teams play more against their own conference.
So I really don't want to see Miami squash the Raptors and Bobnets of the league night in and night out.

ztilzer31
08-08-2013, 01:54 AM

Truth. The whole thing started after "the decision" and for a year people just dogged on LBJ. I didn't even like LBJ that much till I heard all the Laker's fans bashing him on this forum, and trying to say he wasn't a good player. They've layed off a lot since the 2 rings, but some of the guys that still post in this forum to this day have said some of the dumbest thing's I've ever heard.

There was a poll about 2 years ago that a Laker's fan made that still posts here that asked if LBJ was a top 5 player in the NBA for that season, and there were actually more no's than yes'. A lot of it is the same guys, and I don't like to categorize it as "Laker's fans" because it was more than that.

However let me ask a question. How am I suppose to take any person that picked no on that poll seriously when they post the same negative **** every day about LBJ? I can't. I know that they have an agenda when evaluating players, and if you have an agenda like that you'll normally come out screwed.

naps
08-08-2013, 02:20 AM
I'd rather watch LA struggle to win games than watch Miami plow through the pathetic eastern conference.

That's because you're a Lakers fan. And do you know Miami always has better records conference-wise against west than the east? Yea, this argument holds NO water whatsoever.

SMH!
08-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Why do people watch Floyd Mayweather?

Whats that have to do with anything? One is arguably the best in his sport, and the other isn't.

kobe4thewinbang
08-08-2013, 02:27 AM
That's because you're a Lakers fan. And do you know Miami always has better records conference-wise against west than the east? Yea, this argument holds NO water whatsoever.No, it's because of the reason I stated. How big was Miami's win streak last year? Do you really want to watch countless games of them winning by 20?

Lakers + Giants
08-08-2013, 05:16 AM
When you're the marquee franchise of the NBA you're going to get a lot of nationally televised games. Whether they are good are not.. it's that simple. It's the reason more Yankee games are televised that the Giants.

Agreed, as a laker fan and giant fan

dalton749
08-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Miami's games against the West powerhouses will be better, but teams play more against their own conference.
So I really don't want to see Miami squash the Raptors and Bobnets of the league night in and night out.

Raptors aren't nearly as bad as the bobcats, and actually had some interesting games against Miami.
Derozan and gay is one of the best wing match ups you will get going against lebron and wade

LBJ6
08-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Because, as the article said, the Lakers are a global brand and the Lakers are more interesting nationally than the Heat.
Are you sure? What's interesting about them, your interested how would they would loose so bad? C'mon now...

Bruno
08-08-2013, 01:59 PM

$$$$

people want to watch the lakers no matter what. if #24 is still sutting up, tickets will be sold and television ratings will be respectable.

SportsFanatic10
08-08-2013, 06:06 PM
it's always fun watching the lakers lose so i have no problem with that.

ArmLaker
08-08-2013, 11:45 PM
it's always fun watching the lakers lose so i have no problem with that.

Then that must be upsetting for you seeing the number of times we lose pales in comparison to the number of times we win over the years.

:D

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:47 PM
The schedule doesn't revolve around knee-jerk reactions. Fact is, the Lakers have been a perennial contender for 15 years. They get the ratings.

SportsFanatic10
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Then that must be upsetting for you seeing the number of times we lose pales in comparison to the number of times we win over the years.

:D

not really, i only care about the present. i don't live in the past.