Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Bulls at Nets 12 PM EST

Thunder at Knicks 2:30 PM EST

Heat at Lakers 5 PM EST

Rockets at Spurs 8 PM EST

Clippers at Warriors 10:30 PM EST

Who do you guys have?

I have Nets, Knicks, Heat, Spurs and Clippers in these games.

Epic slate of games with the exception of one unworthy team. Why in God's name do we want to watch Miami slaughter a team that is one injury from the lottery for the 3rd year in a row? Hasn't Miami beaten the Lakers by like 25 the last two years? Memphis should be there against the Heat, they match up real well. Clippers vs Warriors is going to be an epic night cap. Rest of the games are awesome matchups too.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought the Lakers played the Bulls?

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought the Lakers played the Bulls?

Maybe you're thinking of opening night? This is X-Mas schedule.

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I like it.

Except the Lakers. Oh well.

Night game will be FUNNN but Clips over GSW at THEIR place??? Idk...

Bulls at Nets 12 PM EST

Heat at Lakers 5 PM EST

Chacarron
08-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Whether you like it or not, the Lakers draw ratings. Anyhow, they will lose on Christmas Day for the 11th time in a row. llullz

Chronz
08-06-2013, 07:32 PM
What an X-MAS. Its almost become tradition to watch the Lakers get spanked on X-MAS it seems

Clippersfan86
I like it.

Except the Lakers. Oh well.

Night game will be FUNNN but Clips over GSW at THEIR place??? Idk...

Bulls at Nets 12 PM EST

Heat at Lakers 5 PM EST

I agree with your thought. GS is tough as hell to beat at home but I think Doc is going to resolve the 3 point defense which was so atrocious the last 3 years so I think we win a close one in a huge nationally televised game. Although it won't shock me in the slightest if GS wins. Plus I gotta homer at least a little bit right? Should be an epic game nonetheless win or lose.

Clippersfan86
What an X-MAS. Its almost become tradition to watch the Lakers get spanked on X-MAS it seems

:laugh2:

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I agree with your thought. GS is tough as hell to beat at home but I think Doc is going to resolve the 3 point defense which was so atrocious the last 3 years so I think we win a close one in a huge nationally televised game. Although it won't shock me in the slightest if GS wins. Should be an epic game nonetheless win or lose.

Definitely going to be my game i'm looking forward to most(aside from my home team)

I'm rooting for the Clips though.;)

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:34 PM

:clap::D:up::laugh::laugh2::cheer::win::win::win:: win:

L8kers4life
08-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Whether you like it or not, the Lakers draw ratings. Anyhow, they will lose on Christmas Day for the 11th time in a row. llullz

We won last year on Christmas vs the Knicks

L8kers4life
08-06-2013, 07:37 PM
:clap::D:up::laugh::laugh2::cheer::win::win::win:: win:

Except we won last year...

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Definitely going to be my game i'm looking forward to most(aside from my home team)

I'm rooting for the Clips though.;)

:cheers:. I can't wait to watch Houston play and see how quickly they mesh. Harden+Dwight may be the most exciting duo in the NBA. Houston fans probably think I'm a hater because I'm telling some of them to calm down... but I think you guys will be good. I don't think finals this year or anything but easily biggest title window in the NBA.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:39 PM

You played the Knicks? If so it was the two years prior where Miami slaughtered you by 20+ both years?

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:41 PM
:cheers:. I can't wait to watch Houston play and see how quickly they mesh. Harden+Dwight may be the most exciting duo in the NBA. Houston fans probably think I'm a hater because I'm telling some of them to calm down... but I think you guys will be good. I don't think finals this year or anything but easily biggest title window in the NBA.

I hear ya. I agree no finals this year but I'm hopeful. I've said all along that we need to worry about OKC, Clips, Spurs, and Memphis before we worried about GSW.

I just get tired of hearing the GSW fans start talking in all hypotheticals that are in their favor without being objective.

It's one thing to root for your home team. It's another to be a homer.

Chacarron
08-06-2013, 07:42 PM

What a rarity.

tredigs
08-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Miami LAL won't be pretty this year, that was a mistake to slate them in, but they must be hoping Kobe is fresh. Personally I'd have rather seen Indiana in that slot.

Clips/Warriors, that's what I wanted. That'll be fun.

Melo might go off, but OKC is going to stomp NYK. Though I'm much lower on NYK then most this season. A Bargnani dunk attempt where he spontaneously combusts on Ibaka's impact could be fun to see on National TV though. A real Christmas miracle

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Except we won last year...
i replied to him because he said "what an x-mas" so i'm assuming that's a good thing.

Also. I laughed at the Lakers part because it was funny. Not because it was the Lakers, but he did say "ALMOST" become tradition.

L8kers4life
08-06-2013, 07:45 PM
That is correct, Miami toasted the Lakers 2 years in a row, but yeah last year it was the Knicks and the Lakers won. On a side note, guess who still has the most National tv games. Lakers, as bad as some think they may be it is surprising they still have the most. Something tells me the Lakers will get a lot of calls they probably shouldn't get this year and this may impact how many wins they get, they may win more then most people think.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I hear ya. I agree no finals this year but I'm hopeful. I've said all along that we need to worry about OKC, Clips, Spurs, and Memphis before we worried about GSW.

I just get tired of hearing the GSW fans start talking in all hypotheticals that are in their favor without being objective.

It's one thing to root for your home team. It's another to be a homer.

I hear ya. My main reason for favoring GS has to do with their playoff run shocking the hell out of me TBH. I'm still stunned. They looked like THE best team in the west for a while there and outplayed the Spurs the first half of that series quite handily.

L8kers4life
08-06-2013, 07:48 PM
i replied to him because he said "what an x-mas" so i'm assuming that's a good thing.

Also. I laughed at the Lakers part because it was funny. Not because it was the Lakers, but he did say "ALMOST" become tradition.

Thanks for the clarification, it just really feels like everyone hates the lakers lately, it seems to be getting worse. You guys should have a great year though, definitely exciting times in Houston.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:48 PM
What a rarity.

Hahaha... don't be so pessimistic.

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I hear ya. My main reason for favoring GS has to do with their playoff run shocking the hell out of me TBH. I'm still stunned. They looked like THE best team in the west for a while there and outplayed the Spurs the first half of that series quite handily.

Yeah. I was shocked too but sometimes we forget that games are played on the floor. Not on paper(Houston fans too)

They got incredibly hot shooting from Steph down the end so naturally we'll remember that and only the Rox fizzling out towards the end. Same reason ppl look at the Clips and don't take them seriously.

I have the Clips and OKC in the WCF tbh.

Chacarron
08-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Hahaha... don't be so pessimistic.

Far from it. It's nice to see other teams get a laugh from the Lakers though.

shep33
08-06-2013, 07:53 PM
We are terrible on Christmas

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the clarification, it just really feels like everyone hates the lakers lately, it seems to be getting worse. You guys should have a great year though, definitely exciting times in Houston.

I hear ya man. No, I don't hate the lakers. If anything i'm a lil envious of their success. (Who wouldn't be)

But yeah, they'll bounce back soon. If any team could-It's the Lakers.

And thanks...It's been dry out here for bball since about 08. We deserve a lil something to be excited about.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah. I was shocked too but sometimes we forget that games are played on the floor. Not on paper(Houston fans too)

They got incredibly hot shooting from Steph down the end so naturally we'll remember that and only the Rox fizzling out towards the end. Same reason ppl look at the Clips and don't take them seriously.

I have the Clips and OKC in the WCF tbh.

Fair points. I didn't think you guys fizzled out though if I must say. Didn't you guys win 2 of the last 3 games of the series and almost force a game 7? Clippers straight up choked on a huge sausage. Up 2-0 including a huge blowout.. then lose 4 in a row by double digits. Biggest failure in playoffs history quite possibly. Thank you Vinny Del Negro.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
I hear ya man. No, I don't hate the lakers. If anything i'm a lil envious of their success. (Who wouldn't be)

And thanks...It's been dry out here for bball since about 08. We deserve a lil something to be excited about.

This. The good news for you spoiled Lakers fans is a "bad" stretch is like a few low playoff seed years, maybe miss the playoffs once or twice.. then it's back to ring or dynasty.

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Fair points. I didn't think you guys fizzled out though if I must say. Didn't you guys win 2 of the last 3 games of the series and almost force a game 7? Clippers straight up choked on a huge sausage. Up 2-0 including a huge blowout.. then lose 4 in a row by double digits. Biggest failure in playoffs history quite possibly. Thank you Vinny Del Negro.

Well we fizzled out in the regular season.(past two years to be exact)

We should have been taking our butt-whoopin from Spurs lol.

I hear ya about the Clips but for some reason the Grizz are just a tough matchup for Clips. (I see it changing this year due to the wing depth and new coaching)

Yeah I've though Vinny should have been gone for a while now. It was only a matter of time.

L8kers4life
08-06-2013, 07:59 PM

Yeah should be a huge year in Houston, and those Texans look pretty good as well

Pakman
08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
I love listening to other teams fans bag on the lakers. So much pent up emotion from years of disappointment from the hands of the lakers. Cant blame em, I'll be the same way when the pats come back to mediocrity in football.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Well we fizzled out in the regular season.(past two years to be exact)

We should have been taking our butt-whoopin from Spurs lol.

I hear ya about the Clips but for some reason the Grizz are just a tough matchup for Clips. (I see it changing this year due to the wing depth and new coaching)

Yeah I've though Vinny should have been gone for a while now. It was only a matter of time.

Well the weird thing is we have gone 3-1 vs them the last two regular seasons AND beat them in the playoffs very shorthanded the year before. THIS year I agree they were a tough matchup. Their coaching exposed ours and the pieces they added in trades during the year killed us with shooting. Two summers ago I threw a fit and said if we retained Vinny I would not watch the Clippers all year. Needless to say I folded on that weak threat but in the end it was another wasted season thanks to Vinny and his 2nd round at best cap.

That being said... if we fired him last year we wouldn't have Doc now so I'm EXTREMELY happy with how it turned out.

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah should be a huge year in Houston, and those Texans look pretty good as well

Definitely. I'm hoping for good things. :hope:

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Well the weird thing is we have gone 3-1 vs them the last two regular seasons AND beat them in the playoffs very shorthanded the year before. THIS year I agree they were a tough matchup. Their coaching exposed ours and the pieces they added in trades during the year killed us with shooting. Two summers ago I threw a fit and said if we retained Vinny I would not watch the Clippers all year. Needless to say I folded on that weak threat but in the end it was another wasted season thanks to Vinny and his 2nd round at best cap.

That being said... if we fired him last year we wouldn't have Doc now so I'm EXTREMELY happy with how it turned out.

Oh yeah. Doc is def a huge plus. Also, keeping Cp3 was kinda good too :p

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah. Doc is def a huge plus. Also, keeping Cp3 was kinda good too :p

Definitely. BTW our teams play Nov 4th. I think that's our 2nd or 3rd game of the season so won't have to wait long :cheers:

Htownballa1622
08-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Definitely. BTW our teams play Nov 4th. I think that's our 2nd or 3rd game of the season so won't have to wait long :cheers:

and also Nov. 9th. Here's to a good season :cheers:

29$JerZ
08-06-2013, 08:10 PM
So Knicks open the season with a back to back and Rose makes his return against us. Should be fun, hopefully we don't get swept by Chicago again.

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 08:12 PM
and also Nov. 9th. Here's to a good season :cheers:

Is this going to be the most stacked, insane season EVER? There are literally 3-4 true contenders in each conference most likely and all of those teams have two or more legit stars. I'm so fu**ing pumped! :cheers:

D-Leethal
08-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Shump guarding Rose on his return is gonna be fun to watch. That should be an awesome game.

Playing BK twice in April is gonna be fun to watch too.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-06-2013, 08:25 PM

It's a better tradition to watch the Clippers never make a finals. ;)

Clippersfan86
08-06-2013, 08:28 PM
It's a better tradition to watch the Clippers never make a finals. ;)

If you want to be technical it was also a tradition to not make the playoffs or retain players and look how that's changed the last two years and for the forseeable future. Nobody is the Lakers but I'd be VERY happy with a Dallas Mavericks type turnaround. Where we go from perennial lottery team to 10-12 straight years of the playoffs and 50+ wins... make a few WCF appearances and win a ring or two in that span. Not saying it will happen obviously, just saying something like that would be sufficient for me.