PDA

View Full Version : Is the rest of the league afraid of LeBron and the Heat yet?

LayBraun
08-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Hate to make this thread but thought it was an interesting question considering a lot of people thought there was no such thing as being "scared of an opponent" anymore and how it "doesn't exist in this day and age"..

And I find that completely stupid. Back to back titles. Have we even seen the best of LeBron yet? After his first title season I didn't think he could get any better. And he did. And now I think he'll be even hungrier than ever because he WANTS to three peat.

For example, lets take Carmelo. Is he afraid to go against LeBron James? I don't think he is. But say they draw them in the first round. Is there something in the back of his mind going "well, we are screwed"..? There has to be. This is obviously just skepticism but to the point that professional athletes don't fear their opponents is a little misguided.

When the Heat come to town, the energy, the feel is different. It's like the Joker is coming in and even though you won't say you're scared, you know he's hovering right there ready to burst into an evil laugh.

Jtirado16
08-06-2013, 04:12 AM
No its actually the complete opposite. People want to play the Heat because they want to be the ones to beat them. They have a chance to be the first 3peat since Kobe's Lakers. They have a huge target.

LayBraun
08-06-2013, 04:14 AM
No its actually the complete opposite. People want to play the Heat because they want to be the ones to beat them. They have a chance to be the first 3peat since Kobe's Lakers. They have a huge target.

I think there are some teams that we could say this about.

But when the Heat go in to Phoenix is Eric Bledsoe thinking his team has the guns to take down the Heat? I don't think so.

So maybe I should rephrase the question.. Maybe it isn't fear, but rather a defeatist attitude?

LayBraun
08-06-2013, 04:16 AM
And to dive in to this even more, how many guys are going out there just for their checks?? Thinking to themselves, well we've got the Heat tonight, I'm going to do my best but later I'll sit down and have a cold beer after we get slaughtered

Jtirado16
08-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Well a crappy team like the Suns will think this about any team..

Most of pros like challenges & like being underdogs & taking down the big guys that's what got them there so I dont think people really read to much into the heat.

ThuglifeJ
08-06-2013, 05:42 AM
No. This isn't the 90s bulls. And no this attitude usually would only come into play when let's say you had to defend Shaq and you're Shawn Bradley .

And I don't think many NBA players have cold beers after a game..

Thanks for the awesome thread though

IKnowHoops
08-06-2013, 06:04 AM
No. This isn't the 90s bulls. And no this attitude usually would only come into play when let's say you had to defend Shaq and you're Shawn Bradley .

And I don't think many NBA players have cold beers after a game..

Thanks for the awesome thread though

"The only thing scarier than Lebron is ya know, God" - George Hill of the Indiana Pacers.

So the answer is yes.

I think Lebron, Shaq and Mike create the same fear factor for the guy who is guarding him. Each have a few guys that aren't scared and want to go show them they can outplay the guy.

Shaq- Robinson, Olajuwan, Duncan, Ewing
Mike- Drexler, Magic, Wilkins
Lebron - Kobe, Melo, Durant

but for the most part, everyone who goes up against them has already admitted defeat in there hearts before they step on the court with them.

Goose17
08-06-2013, 06:24 AM
I don't think guys like Melo and Durant will be scared of Lebron, they're competitors, they thrive on the challenge. Besides, Melo has an ego, in his own mind he's probably as good as Lebron. Durant is constantly compared to Lebron, so he'll probably see himself as being on par if not better.

However, I do think fans and teams as a collective group will "fear" Miami in a sense but fear seems like a dramatic word to use, what I mean is everyone knows when you're playing Miami you're playing the best. Especially for teams that aren't regarded as being on the same level. Teams like Golden State, Houston, Milwaukee, Philly, Denver, Memphis, Utah etc. All very good teams and all at very different levels, but none of them would be regarded by the average fan as "on par" with Miami, so when these teams play, I have no doubt that they are very aware they're going to be in for a tough game, it's not going to be pretty. But at the same time, this probably pushes a lot of them to do better.

I don't know, I think opposing coaches fear Lebron and Miami more than opposing players do.

MTar786
08-06-2013, 07:09 AM
"The only thing scarier than Lebron is ya know, God" - George Hill of the Indiana Pacers.

So the answer is yes.

I think Lebron, Shaq and Mike create the same fear factor for the guy who is guarding him. Each have a few guys that aren't scared and want to go show them they can outplay the guy.

but for the most part, everyone who goes up against them has already admitted defeat in there hearts before they step on the court with them.

firstly i think a lotttt more nba players have admittedly said theyve been more afraid of kobe than lebron.

also i think the last feared team was shaqs 3peat lakers. it was like almost a guarantee theyd win every year. shaq was just wayyy too big and strong. no one could handle him. go on youtube and watch shaq dunk on teams while being quadrupleteamed. not to mention the 15 and 1 in the playoffs adding alot more fear to teams. and that was all against great teams. especially those kings and spurs. the heat just dont have that scariness. theyve already shown they can be defeated by having Indiana take them 7. and the spurs almost beating them in 6. they have obvious weaknesses. the 3peat lakers could not be identified with one. just cuz the won two in a row doesnt mean anything. the 09-10 lakers were not scary either.

theres just no way any player in the history of the nba can be more fearful than a prime lakers shaq. not kobe, not lebron, not magic or kareem. not bird, not even jordan.

the only player that actually struck fear in me in a looong time was 11 dirk in the playoffs. he just couldnt miss. but that was only for like a couple of weeks. not an entire career or a few seasons.

Reversed86Curse
08-06-2013, 07:25 AM
I think that any good ball player understands that its about whether there TEAM can win vs the other TEAM, so it's not about what player is coming to town. I'm sure it's intimidating for most opponents that have to guard someone like Lebron, but for teams to be afraid of one player is silly. That's what game planning is for.

PhillyFaninLA
08-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Respect yes fear no....they are professional athletes, they should not be afraid of competition.

bootleg42
08-06-2013, 07:46 AM
The last time I can remember teams being "afraid" of a player and his team were Shaq/Kobe and the Lakers in the early 2000's, and Michael Jordan and the Bulls in the 90's (back then, it was as automatic of a loss as you would ever have if you were playing IN Chicago).

Ever since, I don't think any team has made the league feel that way.

The attitudes of players and the such has changed. They're all best friends now. Before, they'd be mortal enemies (which made for GREAT match ups).

jericho
08-06-2013, 07:58 AM
No its actually the complete opposite. People want to play the Heat because they want to be the ones to beat them. They have a chance to be the first 3peat since Shaq's Lakers. They have a huge target.

Fixed :cool:

king4day
08-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I think there are some teams that we could say this about.

But when the Heat go in to Phoenix is Eric Bledsoe thinking his team has the guns to take down the Heat? I don't think so.

So maybe I should rephrase the question.. Maybe it isn't fear, but rather a defeatist attitude?

Most of pros like challenges & like being underdogs & taking down the big guys that's what got them there so I dont think people really read to much into the heat.

I'm not going to defend the Suns success but to think a team is scared of playing another is silly to start. Phoenix especially has a 'nothing to lose' mentality. We weren't scared going into a hot San Antonio's house last year when we beat them in OT. It's no different here.

Also, Bledsoe isn't our leader. Dragic is. He's not a player who'd fear a team.

Knick_Fever
08-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I think jordan's bulls were the only team that you could say opponents were afraid of. Teams know lebron and the heat are vulnerable, obviously w/the 2-4 finals record and tight 7-game series. so to answer the question, no opponents dont fear the heat, especially now since the league is stacking up.

JoeBlessU
08-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Everyone is TERRIFIED to play Lebron. They wont even come out of the lockerroom they're so scared. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You guys need a life... Are people afraid of playing lebron? Its BASKETBALL!!..The softest of the 4 major sports by far. Im sure they are just petrified to go out there and make millions of dollars putting a ball in a hole lol. I dont understand this, why do people sit and s his d on stupid threads like this. Obviously no one is afraid of playing the heat, they had to play game 7's in back to back series. Good god, Lebrons peasant fans are just ridiculous.

driz
08-06-2013, 08:39 AM
They're supposed to win. And they were one jump shot away from not. Not to mention one game away from not even making it into the Finals. No one is afraid of anyone in the NBA. At least not since Artest went the World Peace route.

And sorry, JoeBlessU - not a chance in hell basketball is softer than baseball. Sure, the ball is whizzing by you at 100mph - but unless there's a play at the plate you don't even make contact with anyone.

JoeBlessU
08-06-2013, 08:54 AM
They're supposed to win. And they were one jump shot away from not. Not to mention one game away from not even making it into the Finals. No one is afraid of anyone in the NBA. At least not since Artest went the World Peace route.

And sorry, JoeBlessU - not a chance in hell basketball is softer than baseball. Sure, the ball is whizzing by you at 100mph - but unless there's a play at the plate you don't even make contact with anyone.

Oh it is waaaay softer than baseball. You dont see a 6'8" 260 lb man go FLYING across the field after being brushed by a physically inferior player. Uhhhmmm lebron

Iron24th
08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
A threepeat is a very difficult thing to do, last season repeat by the heat was already barely not happening if SA could have handled things better in game 6.

All NBA teams will be on their way more than ever this year, they better be ready for it.

BklynKnicks3
08-06-2013, 09:07 AM
put Melo durant and love or aldridge on the same team people will be scared to obv. I Think Knicks pacers spurs memphis match up best with them

mjm07
08-06-2013, 09:17 AM
No one is afraid of the HEAT, maybe, some players Lebron.

RLundi
08-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Pacers and Spurs sure as hell aren't.

SteBO
08-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't think anyone's "afraid" of Miami. They have their weaknesses and after 3 straight NBA Finals, winning back to back in the process, it's difficult to sustain the effort physically (see the Lakers 2008-2011). It's not going to be easy by any means, especially with the East being as strong as it's been in a while 1-5.....

Slug3
08-06-2013, 09:37 AM
I am pretty sure a lot of teams a scared of Chris Bosh.

Slug3
08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't think anyone's "afraid" of Miami. They have their weaknesses and after 3 straight NBA Finals, winning back to back in the process, it's difficult to sustain the effort physically (see the Lakers 2008-2011). It's not going to be easy by any means, especially with the East being as strong as it's been in a while 1-5.....

Thats the important thing, will they have enough gas after 3 straight years of long basketball?

kdspurman
08-06-2013, 09:44 AM

This.... Easily

RCarlson85
08-06-2013, 10:36 AM

You mean Shaq and Kobe's lakers. The Lakers where Shaq was winning the MVPs and Kobe was just his Robin. Let's not make it like that was all about Kobe.

TheNumber37
08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
No.
No.

The heat are not unbeatable. was anyone afraid of the Lakers after back to back chips... no.

the heat haven't done much to improve, while everyone has gotten better. Melo? probably least afraid in the NBA. up there with 2008 Celtic players and last Years pacers.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Nobody is really afraid of the Heat. My Spurs were a missed Free throw or a Tim Duncan tip in away from a title. This would be a different conversation had those things happened.

Captain Moroni
08-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't think so. I see it as a challenge

Captain Moroni
08-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Nobody is really afraid of the Heat. My Spurs were a missed Free throw or a Tim Duncan tip in away from a title. This would be a different conversation had those things happened.

yes they would
my knicks were a micheal jordan away from 3 titles

Captain Moroni
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM

lol

MTar786
08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
You mean Shaq and Kobe's lakers. The Lakers where Shaq was winning the MVPs and Kobe was just his Robin. Let's not make it like that was all about Kobe.

hard to call kobe a robin when he was averaging 28.5 6 and 5 and another season with 30 7 and 6
i guess according to you that makes lebron a robin?

ThuglifeJ
08-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Wow this pisses me off knowing the pacers and spurs both took them 7 games with the spurs looking to have had it wrapped up.

But you know some of us actually watch basketball and don't just check ESPN some nights to see the Heats won!!

Lebrons gonna fill it up but the only player in recent to make you use a give up card was Shaq. Because there's literally nothing you could do except hack

MrfadeawayJB
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I think the fear is diminishing. Yes, LeBron is better than ever, but wade looks worse every year and bosh is what he is. The core of the heat is full of old vets, so they won't be much improved. That is unless oden surprises everyone

effen5
08-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Inital fear when joined up together? Maybe. Now? Definitely not. I think the Heat are even more vulnerable now.

DChibes
08-06-2013, 11:57 AM
There is no way in hell anyteam is "afraid" of the Heat. Simply because they have proven that they are very beatable. Indiana could have taken them out, the Spurs had them beat, and Dallas beat them. The only way for another team to be scared of you is to beat them full out. I am talking sweeps. The Heat are the best, there is no doubt about it, but they are also very vulnerable in many areas. Not a team to be "afraid" of.

TheIlladelph16
08-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Nobody is afraid of the Heat. There are individuals who are probably afraid or dread having to face/guard Lebron on an individual level. But this is professional sports. No one team is afraid of another team.

I really, really hate that this is going to be the narrative of that series, and not just that series specifically. The old "well if X and Y had happened, and it almost did, we would have won" is almost as lame as injuries being your only excuse. My Phillies were a Cole Hamels WS implosion and Matsui explosion away in 2009 from their second WS. My Eagles were one vomit-free huddle from making a run to win the SB in 2004. End result was still the same.

I understand why people do it and try to rationalize what happened as simply being a fluke. The narrative of that series is that the better team got it done when the game was on the line, not that they were a rebound away. It comes off as sour grapes and bitterness otherwise.

yes they would

Perfect response to my above point haha

JordansBulls
08-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Why would anyone be afraid of a team that lost it's first year together with HCA and then the next two years with HCA was down 3-2 in the series?
You are usually afraid of a team that dominates everyone in there path, not one that lucks out due to major injuries and still barely wins.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Nobody is afraid of the Heat. There are individuals who are probably afraid or dread having to face/guard Lebron on an individual level. But this is professional sports. No one team is afraid of another team.

I really, really hate that this is going to be the narrative of that series, and not just that series specifically. The old "well if X and Y had happened, and it almost did, we would have won" is almost as lame as injuries being your only excuse. My Phillies were a Cole Hamels WS implosion and Matsui explosion away in 2009 from their second WS. My Eagles were one vomit-free huddle from making a run to win the SB in 2004. End result was still the same.

I understand why people do it and try to rationalize what happened as simply being a fluke. The narrative of that series is that the better team got it done when the game was on the line, not that they were a rebound away. It comes off as sour grapes and bitterness otherwise.

Perfect response to my above point haha

Who's using it as an excuse? The Spurs lost plain and simple. I'm just saying that the Heat are and were beatable and nobody should be "afraid" of them. The fact that the Heat were literally a FT away from losing in 6 games should have shown hat they are not immortal.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-06-2013, 12:28 PM
yes they would

Don't forget about Ewing in 99.......

Stinkyoutsider
08-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Scared? Probably not. Nervous? Yes...

Nervous and not quite as confident to go up against James. I think players on his same level, or close to it, won't be nervous to go against him? Having a legitimate shot to beat the guy and his team could make those nerves go away.

Now that I think about it, it's all about confidence I believe. If you see a hole in Lebron's game, you'll feel more confident about beating him.

I can't quite remember, but I think MJ came out and made public comments about Lebron's finishing at the basket when he goes left? Like, when Lebron drives to his right, he finishes at the basket but he settles for jumpers when he drives left. I'm sure a guy like Kobe, who's always trying to exploit weakness in people's games, came out and was more confident, even if Lebron came out and scored 35 that game...

RiceOnTheRun
08-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Depends on who I am.

If I'm Kobe, Melo, Durant or any other elite guy for that matter, I'm looking to kick Lebron's ***.

If I'm some rookie SF, you bet your *** I'm terrified. On Open Court, I think it was Steve Kerr that was talking about his first experience with MJ, where he said was ******** his pants when he had to cover him. I'd imagine it'd be the same with Lebron nowadays. After a while, I guess everyone gets used to it and then it just becomes like "alright, just can't let him dunk on me".

THE MTL
08-06-2013, 01:01 PM
After the last championship Im actually less scared of the heat. Pacers and spurs took them to 7 games and pacers stars are young and without granger. Also Wades decline is progressing fast and bosh is looking more lost out there as time moves on. A third championship will be the hardest for the heat

Hawkeye15
08-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Respect yes fear no....they are professional athletes, they should not be afraid of competition.

bingo

lol, please
08-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Beat them at their home last season. Definitely not.

TheIlladelph16
08-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Who's using it as an excuse? The Spurs lost plain and simple. I'm just saying that the Heat are and were beatable and nobody should be "afraid" of them. The fact that the Heat were literally a FT away from losing in 6 games should have shown hat they are not immortal.

I think the 2011 Finals pretty much solidified the fact that they aren't immortal. Ya know.... when they actually lost rather than winning a title.

It absolutely comes off as an excuse when people say that at least to me because it spins the narrative from some great comeback, clutch moments by Shuttlesworth and Lebron so that it becomes about the Spurs "losing" it. The "Did team X lose it, or did team Y win it?" debate is an ESPN manufactured argument, and this lends itself to that utterly stupid question.

driz
08-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh it is waaaay softer than baseball. You dont see a 6'8" 260 lb man go FLYING across the field after being brushed by a physically inferior player. Uhhhmmm lebron

Flopping is a plague in professional basketball. But the NBA isn't where the sport of basketball begins and ends. If we're talking about the toughness of a game, then we're talking about the GAME...not how it's played by a bunch of multi-millionaires.

And unless they're dusting off the grave of Ty Cobb and resurrecting him for the post season this year, it isn't even an argument. You can play 100 baseball games and the most physical contact you'll have made is your buddy smacking you on the ***.

Let's not get ridiculous now. Drive in the lane on a 6'9" 300 LB mountain of a man with sharp elbows and tell me trotting around the diamond in your little tight pants sliding around in the dirt is tough.

Dade County
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM

:laugh2:

Don't you mean Shaq Lakers?!?

Dade County
08-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Stern & Lbj made sure that these championships could not be perceived as winning it easy...

This is one of the reason, Lbj gave dallas that championship, because if they would have beat Dallas in 5, just like how they did to every team in the east ( which they could have swept 2 out of 3 of them), it would have crippled the league from a competitive stand point.

So they build up teams like the PAcers, by forcing game 6 and 7, creating a buzz for the following season; and the script writers go on and on.

So if the HEAT would play like they actually can, no one would have been afraid of them; each NBA player and fan would have looked at the 3 stars as a big joke, because they would have token the sport of basketball and completely ruin it (NBA speaking of course).

flea
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM

That was Shaq's Lakers that last had a three-peat.

RCarlson85
08-06-2013, 02:42 PM
hard to call kobe a robin when he was averaging 28.5 6 and 5 and another season with 30 7 and 6
i guess according to you that makes lebron a robin?

Nope, the stats don't matter. Shaq was the best player on those teams and far more dominant than Kobe. Anyone who isn't too busy being on their knees in front of Kobe knows that. Lebron is the best player on the Heat, no one is going to dispute that either. Nice try though.

Meaze_Gibson
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't feel Lebron is as feared by other opponents as other legends are offensively. With players like shaq, hakeem, and jordan there was little you could do because you never actually saw them fail in their primes or be prevented from scoring. Their team might have lost but you never really thought they could put up better offensive outputs than they did. Even though Lebron had only a few questionable performances, leaving a bit of doubt opens up a window and can erase the perception of fear.

Defensively though, i think without a doubt many look back trying not to be on a chasedown highlight or be an added list of players Lebron has supposedly shut down.

ChicagoJ
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
No one is afraid of the heat. The bad teams want to prove they can beat them, and the good teams believe they can. Players don't make it into the nba by being afraid of anyone.

Look at how many game 6's and game 7's the heat were forced to in the past few years. There is no fear of lebron or the heat from other players and teams. They just want to beat them.

JoeBlessU
08-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Stern & Lbj made sure that these championships could not be perceived as winning it easy...

This is one of the reason, Lbj gave dallas that championship, because if they would have beat Dallas in 5, just like how they did to every team in the east ( which they could have swept 2 out of 3 of them), it would have crippled the league from a competitive stand point.

So they build up teams like the PAcers, by forcing game 6 and 7, creating a buzz for the following season; and the script writers go on and on.

So if the HEAT would play like they actually can, no one would have been afraid of them; each NBA player and fan would have looked at the 3 stars as a big joke, because they would have token the sport of basketball and completely ruin it (NBA speaking of course).

Why did they give the Spurs the sweep when LBJ was in cleveland then?

So your admitting the NBA is set up, just like professional wrestling, with the outcome being predetermined? Why would you be proud of the heat winning it then?.. Im not saying I disagree, it actually sounds like something stern would do. The NBA is already doing a GREAT job of ruining itself with double standards for princess james. He can flale and flop but they wont do a thing about it.

ModernDaySavage
08-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Do you mean Shaq's Lakers?

ModernDaySavage
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I guess I should look at all the pages before responding. I feel dumb with two others saying the same above me, lol.

TheIlladelph16
08-06-2013, 03:35 PM
^He prefers two-time NBA Champ & Finals MVP, four-time MVP Princess James. Come on now... at least get his title right.

D-Leethal
08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't think anyone is scared of them the way they were scared of MJ/Scotties Bulls or Shaq/Kobes Lakers. Those teams flat out dominated everyone, with rarely any resistance along the way. Heat have shown that they will allow teams to put them on the ropes, and I think teams view them as a great team, but a beatable opponent that show plenty of red flags, even from their top players, during a playoff series.

Max.This
08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I watched my team take a dump on the HEAT three times last season, once even without melo, and shump. HEAT got the title so you idiots assume they're unbeatable. Fact remains no one is afraid of the HEAT. Some idiot above is saying Stern rigged it so it wouldnt make the title obtainment look so easy. You really can't make this up, there are some serious idiots on psd. Even if my team in NY isn't great, we house successful entrepreneurs, even our interns are smarter than these idiots on psd

bearadonisdna
08-06-2013, 04:35 PM
The heat barely won and actually should have lost in game 6 so i believe more are hopeful than fearful.

Lakers + Giants
08-06-2013, 05:34 PM
No, they'll help us get closer to the #1 pick :).

Thanks for helping us out on christmas!

tr3ymill3r
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Nobody has ever died from a jump shot or dunk, except Jason Terry and Brandon Knight.

tr3ymill3r
08-06-2013, 05:59 PM
The heat barely won and actually should have lost in game 6 so i believe more are hopeful than fearful.

Can you imagine what we would have had to deal with if the Heat lost game 6, especially with LeBron's 2 late turnovers? I'm glad we dodged that bullet, I'd prefer he play a great game and lose rather than choke it away.

justinnum1
08-06-2013, 06:12 PM
No its actually the complete opposite. People want to play the Heat because they want to be the ones to beat them. They have a chance to be the first 3peat since Shaq's Lakers. They have a huge target.

fixed

Bishnoff
08-06-2013, 06:26 PM

Top 5 picks never scare me :p

I welcome the Suns getting thrashed all season long.

setman2000
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Stupid question, stupid thread, like 90% of PSD.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
There is absolutely no reason to fear the Heat. They are the most over rated back to back championship team in all of sports. Ray Allen saved the Heat and Lebrons legacy with one shot. The Heat have no chance to 3peat.

east fb knicks
08-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Hate to make this thread but thought it was an interesting question considering a lot of people thought there was no such thing as being "scared of an opponent" anymore and how it "doesn't exist in this day and age"..

And I find that completely stupid. Back to back titles. Have we even seen the best of LeBron yet? After his first title season I didn't think he could get any better. And he did. And now I think he'll be even hungrier than ever because he WANTS to three peat.

For example, lets take Carmelo. Is he afraid to go against LeBron James? I don't think he is. But say they draw them in the first round. Is there something in the back of his mind going "well, we are screwed"..? There has to be. This is obviously just skepticism but to the point that professional athletes don't fear their opponents is a little misguided.

When the Heat come to town, the energy, the feel is different. It's like the Joker is coming in and even though you won't say you're scared, you know he's hovering right there ready to burst into an evil laugh.

well you do know the knicks won the season series right :facepalm: and why is the nba scared of lebron when the heat should have lost in the finals against the spurs or did you not watch the finals and like all these bandwagon psd LeBron fans you just heard he won the title and have now proclaimed him the goat

WadeKobe
08-06-2013, 06:56 PM
There is absolutely no reason to fear the Heat. They are the most over rated back to back championship team in all of sports. Ray Allen saved the Heat and Lebrons legacy with one shot. The Heat have no chance to 3peat.

Oh, yea. Just like Horry saved Kobe and Shaq with one shot. lol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Oh, yea. Just like Horry saved Kobe and Shaq with one shot. lol.

We still had a game to play if Horry misses, It also wasn't the finals. Ray Allen hit the most clutch shot in the history of basketball.

Bostonjorge
08-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes everyone is scared of the heat. Still wont three peat.

4milesperday
08-06-2013, 09:15 PM
LMAO at people saying teams were scarred of the Jordan Bulls, no one was scarred of them and no team has ever been scarred of another team in NBA history. It's not like their life is riding on the game so why would they be scarred? they get paid if they win or lose don't they?

SteBO
08-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Miami's got to be be far the least respected back to back champion in the history of the league.....Posts like this only expose the lack of knowledge of the nuances of the NBA. You really don't know how fickle the process of winning a title can be? Weren't the Lakers on the ropes against POR in 2000? SAC in 2002? HOU in 2009? BOS in 2010? The list is endless......Point being, winning ain't easy.

ATX
08-07-2013, 09:56 AM

How are you allowed to still post on this site? Say what you will, but we all know how it burns you that Miami won a B2B. All the endless trash you talked all season long, and ya, Miami still won the title. You disappeared for weeks and now come back with these little cute mindless retorts...like "Well...Well...Umm...Even though they won back to back Championships....Doesn't mean anything...Umm...It was the most overrated back to back Championships the league has ever seen." Do you realize how insecure and childish that sounds?" Can't wait to hear your mumblings if they 3 peat. It'll be truly hilarious.

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Lol the narrative circles these sad little dogs run in. 4 months ago, Lebron had "THE GREATEST SUPPORTING CAST OF ALL TIME". Now they are the most overrated. Whatever helps you get to sleep at night man.

Miami's got to be be far the least respected back to back champion in the history of the league.....Posts like this only expose the lack of knowledge of the nuances of the NBA. You really don't know how fickle the process of winning a title can be? Weren't the Lakers on the ropes against POR in 2000? SAC in 2002? HOU in 2009? BOS in 2010? The list is endless......Point being, winning ain't easy.

No you don't understand. Kobe, nor the Lakers for that matter, has never come close to losing a game let alone a Finals game.

ATX
08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Lol the narrative circles these sad little dogs run in. 4 months ago, Lebron had "THE GREATEST SUPPORTING CAST OF ALL TIME". Now they are the most overrated. Whatever helps you get to sleep at night man.

No you don't understand. Kobe, nor the Lakers for that matter, has never come close to losing a game let alone a Finals game.

I honestly believe there should be an aptitude test before being able to post on this site. I am all for calling out the blinding hypocrisy that he spews. It always makes me laugh, so thank you.

3RDASYSTEM
08-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Its more of the championship roster that MELO may fear

he has been banging against BRON since HS days and got robbed for co rookie of year with BRON

its like watching the SF version of a same age WILT-ALCINDOR matchup, recall how epic that was even with a old man WILT?

I recall WILT saying he needed help for first time in his career when facing the young lion in ALCINDOR, do you think that was from fear or age or just admitting that this young lion is as good as I was and better skilled?

no legend fears another legend on the court more so the team being 'better' stacked wise

MAGIC vs BIRD was no fear, they loved the competition, that's the same cloth im cut from

I just go out and compete against whoever, rather you are really good or just avg or just flat out suck i'll still go at you same speed all times

that's how I feel the best of the best look at it, I recall JORDAN having similar feel from other players but when IVERSON came in the league and told him he fears no one, even DUMARS had to admire he young lion's heart and said he would have told JORDAN the same thing, but him and his mates showed it on the court, DUMARS had no fear of JORDAN

Muttman73
08-07-2013, 10:27 AM
In a word, NO. The best team that money can buy-team "Ego" whatever you want to call it is nothing but a bunch of selfish, shameless mercenaries. Taken to the limit by San Antonio in the finals they were exposed for what they are, a talented bunch of players with no heart. If just one call had gone the other way Miami is back in losersville. Fortunately for them, they get every crucial call, it is what it is.
Miami fans enjoy your moment

mjm07
08-07-2013, 10:55 AM
In a word, NO. The best team that money can buy-team "Ego" whatever you want to call it is nothing but a bunch of selfish, shameless mercenaries. Taken to the limit by San Antonio in the finals they were exposed for what they are, a talented bunch of players with no heart. If just one call had gone the other way Miami is back in losersville. Fortunately for them, they get every crucial call, it is what it is.

We are to the absolute fullest, Muttman73. But unlike you and your disdain towards my HEAT, I am fortunate to be a fan of such an amazing team and franchise. We played against the best and beat them. All that matters to me but have nothing but respect for the Spurs.

ATX
08-07-2013, 11:27 AM

I usually enjoy Spurs fans posts, and being that I live just up the road from SA, have always had a soft spot for the Spurs. I've been to more Spurs games than any other team in the NBA. Anyways, your post is the opposite of what I've come to expect from Spurs fans. Indignant and insulting, while showing no respect for the winning team thus portraying to be a sore loser. It was a dream Finals matchup and had everything you could want except the outcome. Sorry, but there always has to a loser. The Spurs are a class organization, and have been nothing short of amazing in their dominance of the last 15 years.

Dade County
08-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Why would anyone be afraid of a team that lost it's first year together with HCA and then the next two years with HCA was down 3-2 in the series?
You are usually afraid of a team that dominates everyone in there path, not one that lucks out due to major injuries and still barely wins.

They have succeeded in making fans believe that they are not a dominate team... So when most fans and the media look back at the HEAT history, people wont speak of how top heavy they were (stack with 3 stars).

I'm not going to forget, and I know some Lbj haters wont forget either.

Dade County
08-07-2013, 11:47 AM

so if they do, then what? Will you say the same thing about an upcoming 4peat? People just have to sit back an enjoy what the HEAT/Lbj are doing.

3RDASYSTEM
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM

So the answer is yes.

SPREE use to tell his mates to double tape they ankles before the matchup with the top 10 player who probably embarrassed more players in the history of the game(turning them in circles in games,making them fall over and over, JORDAN double cross), don't forget to add him to that 'fear' factor if it does exist

only players to get WILT-JORDAN rules(of course those 2) in my time

SHAQ-DUNCAN-IVERSON-LEBRON

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Everyone is TERRIFIED to play Lebron. They wont even come out of the lockerroom they're so scared. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You guys need a life... Are people afraid of playing lebron? Its BASKETBALL!!..The softest of the 4 major sports by far. Im sure they are just petrified to go out there and make millions of dollars putting a ball in a hole lol. I dont understand this, why do people sit and s his d on stupid threads like this. Obviously no one is afraid of playing the heat, they had to play game 7's in back to back series. Good god, Lebrons peasant fans are just ridiculous.

Baseball is def the softest of the 4 ... You talk about flopping in the NBA but in baseball there is absolutely no physical contact for 95% of the plays in a game... in the NBA there are hard fouls that happen in almost every game, more in some than others obviously...and the physicality in the post among big men goes largely unnoticed

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:16 PM

This. This and THIS!!.. Thank you for posting that, you took the words right out of my mouth. My sig is an excellent example...

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
so if they do, then what? Will you say the same thing about an upcoming 4peat? People just have to sit back an enjoy what the HEAT/Lbj are doing.

That's what I'm saying, listen I am not a huge fan of LBJ but the man is one of the best to ever play the game. I enjoy and appreciate what I am watching when he plays. I get hating a player for a certain reason, but it's to the point where people are blinded as to what is going on in front of them

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 12:21 PM

So taking less money, and in Bosh and Wade's case, giving up shots and taking a backseat to LeBron is selfish??

And what call was made that lost game 6 for SA? Cause I remember Leonard missing a big free throw and Ginobli missing an even bigger free throw!! And allowing an offensive rebound in crunch time that ultimately did them in

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:24 PM
That's what I'm saying, listen I am not a huge fan of LBJ but the man is one of the best to ever play the game. I enjoy and appreciate what I am watching when he plays. I get hating a player for a certain reason, but it's to the point where people are blinded as to what is going on in front of them

Do you listen to the guy speak? He couldnt come off any dumber or any more egotistical. I dont care if hes good at basketball, it comes to a point where the guy is such a giant d bag, it ruins my ability to enjoy his athletic abilities. The whole "Im the chosen one" thing is one of the most egocentric displays of narcissism I have ever seen. Its all about lebron, always has been, always will be. To him, we are all mere mortals who are lucky to "enjoy" watching him display his genetic gifts.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
So taking less money, and in Bosh and Wade's case, giving up shots and taking a backseat to LeBron is selfish??

And what call was made that lost game 6 for SA? Cause I remember Leonard missing a big free throw and Ginobli missing an even bigger free throw!! And allowing an offensive rebound in crunch time that ultimately did them in

Get over the whole "he took a pay cut". You sound like lebron trying to win sympathy.. I feel SOOO bad for him making 53 million dollars last year with endorsements..What a "huge sacrifice" he made lol

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Do you listen to the guy speak? He couldnt come off any dumber or any more egotistical. I dont care if hes good at basketball, it comes to a point where the guy is such a giant d bag, it ruins my ability to enjoy his athletic abilities. The whole "Im the chosen one" thing is one of the most egocentric displays of narcissism I have ever seen. Its all about lebron, always has been, always will be. To him, we are all mere mortals who are lucky to "enjoy" watching him display his genetic gifts.

Again, not liking the guy is one thing, denying how great of a player he is , is moronic

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Again, not liking the guy is one thing, denying how great of a player he is , is moronic

Never once denied it. He is the best player in the world, hands down. Hes also probably the biggest tool in the NBA, and thats saying something

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Get over the whole "he took a pay cut". You sound like lebron trying to win sympathy.. I feel SOOO bad for him making 53 million dollars last year with endorsements..What a "huge sacrifice" he made lol

But your calling the guy selfish, who made decisions based on winning LOL should he make losing decisions??

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
But your calling the guy selfish, who made decisions based on winning LOL should he make losing decisions??

Dont get it confused.. Lebron went to Miami cuz he had ZERO chance of winning a title w/o the help of 2 other superstars. He went there for HIS image. He didnt wanna be seen as a loser his whole career.

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 12:42 PM

A sacrifice that many players wouldn't make :shrug:

I'm not sure why you have an issue with a stupid nickname either. Kobe is Black Mamba. Ray Ray is Jesus Shuttlesworth. I'm pretty sure he didn't even come up with the nickname, and his friends were the ones who called him that in the first place. What makes one more egotistical than the other?

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
A sacrifice that many players wouldn't make :shrug:

I'm not sure why you have an issue with a stupid nickname either. Kobe is Black Mamba. Ray Ray is Jesus Shuttlesworth. I'm pretty sure he didn't even come up with the nickname, and his friends were the ones who called him that in the first place. What makes one more egotistical than the other?

Do they have it tattooed across their backs?... Black mamba is an animal, not a reference to being God.

Many players arent also making the endorsement money Lebron is. When ur making 36 million a year in endorsements alone, you can more easily take a hit to ur salary.

ATX
08-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Dont get it confused.. Lebron went to Miami cuz he had ZERO chance of winning a title w/o the help of 2 other superstars. He went there for HIS image. He didnt wanna be seen as a loser his whole career.

You have issues. He wanted to win and left as a FREE agent. He went to where he thought he could win and be happiest. Thus far his decision, despite what hateful people like you wish, has been an overwhelming success.

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
[/B]

Do they have it tattooed across their backs?... Black mamba is an animal, not a reference to being God.

Many players arent also making the endorsement money Lebron is. When ur making 36 million a year in endorsements alone, you can more easily take a hit to ur salary.

Ok then if his sacrifice didn't mean anything on a personal level to you, it has to on a team level. He still saved the team money so there were not only able to sign Bosh, but also quality enough role players. You don't think the Lakers would have liked some of Kobe's asinine $30 mill back last season so they could actually sign bench pieces?

"The Chosen One" is not in reference to being a God. Unless you consider the Jedi Gods of course.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 01:25 PM
You have issues. He wanted to win and left as a FREE agent. He went to where he thought he could win and be happiest. Thus far his decision, despite what hateful people like you wish, has been an overwhelming success.

Your post makes zero sense. What does being a FA have to do with anything? I said he couldnt win w/o 2 other superstars so he went to miami. It has been a success, no doubt.

Notice my sig?... It wasnt about the team. It was about Lebron. Miami Heat didnt win the title. Lebron did

ATX
08-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Your post makes zero sense. What does being a FA have to do with anything? I said he couldnt win w/o 2 other superstars so he went to miami. It has been a success, no doubt.

So then please tell me who has won it alone over the last 15 years? Certainly not Kobe. Well rounded teams win titles...

I thought Wade was washed up and Bosh was 2 and half men? So which is it? They are Superstars when it suits your argument and terrible when it suits another argument...Ridiculous. James haters have very little to cling to now...So keep grasping, but your arguments are growing more shallow by the day.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Go down the list of the greatest winners in team sports. Each and every one of them had awesome help. You are just trying to justify your hate for Lebron by saying looking for it is worse than simply being given it by your front office.

And I really never see why people think LeBron is a bad guy. What has he ever done that makes you think that? His teammates love him, he stays out of trouble, seems to be a very upstanding guy, etc.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Notice my sig?... It wasnt about the team. It was about Lebron. Miami Heat didnt win the title. Lebron did

Your sig is two different sports entirely. Basketball has become a very individually driven sport.

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 02:00 PM

First of all going to Miami HURT his image, so I think your off-base on your first argument

Second, your right he didn't want to lose his whole career so he went to a situation where he could WIN

Athletes all the time get burried by fans and media for not caring if their team wins or loses and then when a guy makes a decision based on winning he gets ripped

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:00 PM

hahahah that sig is hilariously misleading. Most of the questions for Toews were ABOUT the team (prefaced, How did the Blackhawks do such and such) while the opposite was true for James (the media ASKED HIM specifically how he did).

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
hahahah that sig is hilariously misleading. Most of the questions for Toews were ABOUT the team (prefaced, How did the Blackhawks do such and such) while the opposite was true for James (the media ASKED HIM specifically how he did).

LOL its misleading? D'hoookay.. It always comes back to being the medias fault haha. Funny how that works.

tp13baby
08-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I disagree. The Heat went to game 7 with a Grangerless Pacer team. Won the title even though SAS pissed that away. Not to mention they are going for a 3 peat. The target is on their back and far from unbeatable.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 02:05 PM
LOL its misleading? D'hoookay.. It always comes back to being the medias fault haha. Funny how that works.

If you are asked: "How did you guys pull this off?"

How do you answer?

If you are asked: "How did you pull this off?"

How do you answer?

One invites "we", the other "I". Simple grammar.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Your sig is two different sports entirely. Basketball has become a very individually driven sport.

Weird.. I thought he couldnt win it alone because no one ever wins it by themselves in the NBA lol. Its hilarious how things change just to aide your argument. Hockey is 5 on 5 with a goalie. Basketball is 5 on 5.. How is that different again?

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
I disagree. The Heat went to game 7 with a Grangerless Pacer team. Won the title even though SAS pissed that away. Not to mention they are going for a 3 peat. The target is on their back and far from unbeatable.

for sure. As one poster put it, respected, yes. Feared, no. It's not like the Heat were the 15-1 playoff Lakers who only lost a game because they were in the Bahamas for 2 weeks waiting on Philly to get through the east.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Weird.. I thought he couldnt win it alone because no one ever wins it by themselves in the NBA lol. Its hilarious how things change just to aide your argument. Hockey is 5 on 5 with a goalie. Basketball is 5 on 5.. How is that different again?

The line of questioning was team versus you, and as I said, basketball, because of our AAU system, and the media attention it gets compared to hockey, drives much more of an "I" sport than hockey could ever be.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

How do you answer?

How do you answer?

Exactly.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
The line of questioning was team versus you, and as I said, basketball, because of our AAU system, and the media attention it gets compared to hockey, drives much more of an "I" sport than hockey could ever be.

Stop making up lame excuses to defend a tool bag like Lebron. Its ALL about lebron. Proof is right below this post. There are no justifications for it.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Exactly.

Get real, Lebron doesnt know simple grammar.

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 02:17 PM

LOL I think it's clear that in your eyes he can do no right

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM

How do you answer?

How do you answer?

If I was asked how did you pull this off...

I would respond.. Well first of all, I didnt pull it off. This is how WE did it..

Lebron is "I" and Toews is "WE" plain and simple. You dont need to desperately dig for lame excuses to justify it. lebron took 17 chances to promote himself. Toews took 14 chances to promote his team. Ones a real leader, one isnt.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:21 PM

... no response

PurpleLynch
08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Fear? Are we talking about basketball yet or about war? Man,it's basketball. No one is afraid of no one,and if they'll win a three peat? Good for them,a great thing for the Heat franchise. Other players can feel the challenge,they can be nervous in the playoffs or in the Finals. But fear? Come on,I'd rather feel these fears too if I take their paycheck.
Lebron is a great player and the Heat a great team,but they showed that they're beatable somehow.
PS: With this logic we can argue that the entire league was in costant fear of the '60 Celtics,they won 11 rings in 13 years.

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM

I would respond.. Well first of all, I didnt pull it off. This is how WE did it..

Lebron is "I" and Toews is "WE" plain and simple. You dont need to desperately dig for lame excuses to justify it. lebron took 17 chances to promote himself. Toews took 14 chances to promote his team. Ones a real leader, one isnt.

Back to back titles for someone who isn't a leader is pretty impressive

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Dude just stop, you're embarrasing yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCC5S9jX5Wk

The two questions asked:

"How happy are you that you paid that price? "

(he actually acknowledges the spurs organization FIRST)

"Lebron you are constatly faced scrutiny, pressure, how do you keep your level head?"

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Back to back titles for someone who isn't a leader is pretty impressive

WOW... How many did he have before he joined a super team?.. Toews also has 2 Cups, I hate the blackhawks but that guy is the definition of a leader. Lebron is a follower... As in, I will follow anyone to any team that will help me win a title

PurpleLynch
08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Nobody has ever died from a jump shot or dunk, except Jason Terry and Brandon Knight.

Brandon Knight is a hero anyway. Just see this video and everyone has to say that he's reckless and fearless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1--j4fi4U

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Dude just stop, you're embarrasing yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCC5S9jX5Wk

The two questions asked:

"How happy are you that you paid that price? "

(he actually acknowledges the spurs organization FIRST)

"Lebron you are constatly faced scrutiny, pressure, how do you keep your level head?"

Im embarrassing myself? By posting indisputable evidence of lebrons narcissism?.. Stop justifying what actually happened with lame *** excuses. It happened, deal with it

Bostonjorge
08-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Lebron's having to join a top 5 player and a top 10 to win a championship win hurt his legacy for the simple fact it will always be brought up. If lebron only wins with super teams he has to win 7 rings to be consider a top 10 winner.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Im embarrassing myself? By posting indisputable evidence of lebrons narcissism?.. Stop justifying what actually happened with lame *** excuses. It happened, deal with it

Okay then tell me what was wrong about Lebron using "I" when he was asked how do YOU deal with the scrutiny and all that? LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS ASKED.

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Sucks for the Heat to have such a terrible leader. Imagine how good they could have been with a true leader of men like Toews compared to a mere follower in Lebron. I could see them having won a title with that team.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Stop making up lame excuses to defend a tool bag like Lebron. Its ALL about lebron. Proof is right below this post. There are no justifications for it.

Well, at least you don't pretend to not be a Bron hater. Just realize most don't agree with your seething opinions of him.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM

I really can't believe how big of a deal this is to you. Does your room resemble Ray Finkle's?

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Ray Finkle was just a misunderstood man. It was all that **** Marino's fault.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
So here's the reasons ive been given as to why lebron said "I" 17 times and "We" 0 times

-Its the medias fault for the questions they asked

-Lebron was just using proper grammar

-Basketball is more of an individual sport than hockey

Any other ridulous explanations for lebrons ego?.. Or can we just admit hes a egocentric maniac. Ive admitted hes the best player in the world, by far. But no one is willing to admit hes self indulgent d bag. Crazy how many people will defend a guy that doesnt give a **** about anyone but himself. Its not a reflection on his basketball abilities, just him personally.

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 02:41 PM
WOW... How many did he have before he joined a super team?.. Toews also has 2 Cups, I hate the blackhawks but that guy is the definition of a leader. Lebron is a follower... As in, I will follow anyone to any team that will help me win a title

How many did Kobe win without Shaq/Pau? How many did Jordan win without Pippen?

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
So here's the reasons ive been given as to why lebron said "I" 17 times and "We" 0 times

Any other ridulous explanations for lebrons ego?.. Or can we just admit hes a egocentric maniac. Ive admitted hes the best player in the world, by far. But no one is willing to admit hes self indulgent d bag. Crazy how many people will defend a guy that doesnt give a **** about anyone but himself. Its not a reflection on his basketball abilities, just him personally.

Okay, have it your way man. You are right. Hope that makes you feel better. Your sig is soooo spot on! Lebron's not just answering the questions given he's just trying to be dbag so more people will hate him! Have a good day.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Okay, have it your way man. You are right. Hope that makes you feel better. Your sig is soooo spot on! Lebron's not just answering the questions given he's just trying to be dbag so more people will hate him! Have a good day.

You cant make one post without making a lame *** excuse for the guy. Lebron doesnt have to try to be a d bag, he just does it naturally, just like basketball.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
You cant make one post without making a lame *** excuse for the guy. Lebron doesnt have to try to be a d bag, he just does it naturally, just like basketball.

Awesome. Nice discussing a topic with you. You're right Lebron never passes the ball and when he does he's a dbag for not shooting it.

4milesperday
08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
It's Basket-Ball people, no one in the history of the sport has ever feared anyone. Even Kevin Hart will tell you he can beat Jordan one on one in his prime. Just a damn game...

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Except you don't know him personally! You are basing an opinion off of things you see on tv, internet, and I gurantee you that you only look for evidence that supports your argument. I bet you don't look at any charity work he does or anything like that.

I don't know LeBron personally so I don't comment on what type of person he is! I judge him for his performance on the court. YOU are a very judgemental and ignorant person if you think you actually know LeBron personally and what kind of person he is. Your statements say more about you than him.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Except you don't know him personally! You are basing an opinion off of things you see on tv, internet, and I gurantee you that you only look for evidence that supports your argument. I bet you don't look at any charity work he does or anything like that.

I don't know LeBron personally so I don't comment on what type of person he is! I judge him for his performance on the court. YOU are a very judgemental and ignorant person if you think you actually know LeBron personally and what kind of person he is. Your statements say more about you than him.

Did you just ridicule me for making personal assumptions about a persons character and then call me judgemental and ignorant haha. Priceless.

You just love s'ing his d at all times. Even when he deserves some bashing, you will desperately find ways to excuse it. Guess what, I also do charity work, and i dont make 54 millions dollars a year.

Bostonjorge
08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest players just not a winner. He can't lead a team to championship only lead players who already lead there on team to a championship or were part of a championship team already.

Kobe won with a zero ring shaq. Then he won with gasol who never made a first team all nba team and only 1 second team. Gasol best years when kobe was leading him. Gasol and Odom the 2 and 3 option weren't good enough to net Paul let alone a wade.

It is true not 1 player has won by them self just lebron has had the most help then any other great in history. The past 3 years and this year coming up not one superstar player has as much help on his team then lebron.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Why would anyone fear the Heat. The Heat were one shot away from being the biggest failure in sports history. No chance the get past a healthy Bulls, Nets team this year. Book it.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest players just not a winner. He can't lead a team to championship only lead players who already lead there on team to a championship or were part of a championship team already.

Kobe won with a zero ring shaq. Then he won with gasol who never made a first team all nba team and only 1 second team. Gasol best years when kobe was leading him. Gasol and Odom the 2 and 3 option weren't good enough to net Paul let alone a wade.

It is true not 1 player has won by them self just lebron has had the most help then any other great in history. The past 3 years and this year coming up not one superstar player has as much help on his team then lebron.

Dont tell Lebron that. He seems to think he did it all by himself.

ATX
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Why would anyone fear the Heat. The Heat were one shot away from being the biggest failure in sports history. No chance the get past a healthy Bulls, Nets team this year. Book it.

But that DIDN'T happen did it??

NYCkid12
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Did you just ridicule me for making personal assumptions about a persons character and then call me judgemental and ignorant haha. Priceless.

You just love s'ing his d at all times. Even when he deserves some bashing, you will desperately find ways to excuse it. Guess what, I also do charity work, and i dont make 54 millions dollars a year.

Your comments are judgemental and ignorant.

"True leaders don't use "I" "

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Ray Finkle was just a misunderstood man. It was all that **** Marino's fault.

laces were in dude.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Your comments are judgemental and ignorant.

"True leaders don't use "I" "

Ya because im a professional athlete being interviewed after my team won the championship. You have no argument so comments like this are a result of that fact.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Kobe had 3 players and a head coach on his first championship team that already won chips. So?

How is LeBron not a winner? Please explain that to me, rationally.

LeBron has had more help than anyone in history? Are you serious? A gimpy Wade, a scared Bosh come the final two rounds, and role players galore? His team during the regular season was very supportive, but come playoff time, they weren't even close to the best roster for a star ever.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Kobe had 3 players and a head coach on his first championship team that already won chips. So?

LeBron has had more help than anyone in history? Are you serious? A gimpy Wade, a scared Bosh come the final two rounds, and role players galore? His team during the regular season was very supportive, but come playoff time, they weren't even close to the best roster for a star ever.

That is just classic. The reason Lebron couldnt win in cleveland was because he didnt have a supporting cast, now he has 2 others super stars to play with and it goes back to him winning it all by himself. You cant make this stuff up. Its gives me a good laugh tho, so keep it coming please.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 03:56 PM
[/B]

That is just classic. The reason Lebron couldnt win in cleveland was because he didnt have a supporting cast, now he has 2 others super stars to play with and it goes back to him winning it all by himself. You cant make this stuff up. Its gives me a good laugh tho, so keep it coming please.

Do you actually give insight with evidence, or just flame users with this type of posting?

Show me how LeBron's superteam was super in the playoffs. And I will show you multiple teams stars had that outperformed this year's supporting cast.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Do you actually give insight with evidence, or just flame users with this type of posting?

Show me how LeBron's superteam was super in the playoffs. And I will show you multiple teams stars had that outperformed this year's supporting cast.

Mostly flame users but I sprinkle in substance.

TrueFan420
08-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Kobe won with a zero ring shaq.

Um what? Kobe didnt win with shaq. Shaq was man on that team and won the 3 rings with Kobe as his sidekick not the other way around.

LBJackpot
08-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Ya because im a professional athlete being interviewed after my team won the championship. You have no argument so comments like this are a result of that fact.

Quit making excuses for your massive ego. You used "I" and we have proof therefore you are not a leader.

TheIlladelph16
08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Seriously though, do you think Chicago would take Lebron for Toews straight up? I know he isn't a winner or leader, but he is a decent trade chip.

jerellh528
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
If anyone was scared, which I doubt then it was probably the past two seasons. Now, if anything I think Miami is starting to come back down to earth. Their guys are getting older, teams are getting better.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Seriously though, do you think Chicago would take Lebron for Toews straight up? I know he isn't a winner or leader, but he is a decent trade chip.

Would Chicago trade their best hockey player for miamis best basketball player? I highly doubt it considering Lebron cant skate and toews probably cant ball.

4milesperday
08-07-2013, 04:22 PM
About fearing the Heat...even though many of you won't admit...none of you is expecting a win against a potential match-up with Miami. On the other hand every Heat fan expect a win against any other team. Bulls and Lakers fans in particular, they get depressed when Miami is playing against them but if they win the trolling is endless.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Quit making excuses for your massive ego. You used "I" and we have proof therefore you are not a leader.

LOL someones butt hurt ^^^^. I didnt make Lebron say "I" 17 times without referencing his teammates one time. I just post it on forums to flame users, which is obviously working quite well. If it meant nothing, you guys would simply ignore it. But instead your choosing to defend it and attack the person posting it. Take it up with "The Princess" or whatever his nickname is these days.

LBJackpot
08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
LOL someones butt hurt ^^^^. I didnt make Lebron say "I" 17 times without referencing his teammates one time. I just post it on forums to flame users, which is obviously working quite well. If it meant nothing, you guys would simply ignore it. But instead your choosing to defend it and attack the person posting it. Take it up with "The Princess" or whatever his nickname is these days.

I think his nickname is "Back 2 Back Champ" or "Back 2 Back MVP" or how about "Back 2 Back Finals MVP" your choice. With that and your sig in mind (you actually counted how many times LeBron said I lol) who do u think is butthurt in this situation???

All signs point to you

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I think his nickname is "Back 2 Back Champ" or "Back 2 Back MVP" or how about "Back 2 Back Finals MVP" your choice. With that and your sig in mind (you actually counted how many times LeBron said I lol) who do u think is butthurt in this situation???

All signs point to you

Ahhhhh its all over the internet genius. I didnt have to count them. A lot of people noticed, not just me. Only the people want to s lebrons d ignore it and make excuses for it.

http://********.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1455779

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/awesome-we-vs-i-the-amount-lebron-and-toews-said-them-in-their-championship-speechs.453144743/

http://www.mandatory.com/2013/07/01/todays-funniest-photos-7-1-13/11#photo=11

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 04:53 PM
To be completely honest, I absolutely despise basketball in general, not just lebron. This is just proof of a basketball players mentality vs a hockey players, it being lebron was just an added bonus. I can tell im really pissing off "The Kings" peasants and minions on here so I wont hit you with the cold hard truth anymore. Lebron is underpaid and very team oriented lol...I cant even type that with a straight face haha. I'll leave you guys to worship the chosen one in peace.

Bostonjorge
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Lebron's team compared to the rest of the league these past 3 years and this year coming up he has had the biggest gap of talent on a single team then any others team in the league in history. No team has had this much of a gap after u take away the star player on the team then compare the teams.

A gimpy wade and a scared bosh vs a elite Jennings and the bucks then a living legend in Nate Robinson and the bulls then the best big man ever in hibbert and the pacers.

Lebron is not a winner when those teams listed above are not to far from what he had in Cleveland and he wanted a edge to beat them instead of challenging himself.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
To be completely honest, I absolutely despise basketball in general, not just lebron. This is just proof of a basketball players mentality vs a hockey players, it being lebron was just an added bonus. I can tell im really pissing off "The Kings" peasants and minions on here so I wont hit you with the cold hard truth anymore. Lebron is underpaid and very team oriented lol...I cant even type that with a straight face haha. I'll leave you guys to worship the chosen one in peace.

if you are coming here to troll, just stay out. It will do you nothing but harm dude, you know that.

Relax. Either post with substance instead of just trolling and flaming, or don't post on the subject if you hate it so much.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Lebron's team compared to the rest of the league these past 3 years and this year coming up he has had the biggest gap of talent on a single team then any others team in the league in history. No team has had this much of a gap after u take away the star player on the team then compare the teams.

A gimpy wade and a scared bosh vs a elite Jennings and the bucks then a living legend in Nate Robinson and the bulls then the best big man ever in hibbert and the pacers.

Lebron is not a winner when those teams listed above are not to far from what he had in Cleveland and he wanted a edge to beat them instead of challenging himself.

show me evidence of your opinions.

LBJackpot
08-07-2013, 06:03 PM
You despise basketball yet you talk in the NBA forum? Makes sense.....Every post you make makes you sound so upset. Relax and take ur attitude to the NHL forum im sure they would love to hear ur bs.

Bostonjorge
08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
What's NHL?

LBJackpot
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
What's NHL?

National Hoopers League? :shrug:

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-07-2013, 06:24 PM
What's NHL?

This.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 07:54 PM
This.

It's a real mans sport, I wouldn't expect any of you to know what it is.

A few months ago there was a thread asking if Britney griner could succeed in the nba. If people can actually have a discussion about that, you kno the nba is about as soft as it comes.

Zefflin
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I was never scared of Lebron or the Heat...but I was always aware of Stern and his whistles. Like everyone else.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
if you are coming here to troll, just stay out. It will do you nothing but harm dude, you know that.

Relax. Either post with substance instead of just trolling and flaming, or don't post on the subject if you hate it so much.

Oh I posted substance, you just chose to ignore it and hunt for ridiculous excuses to "back" Lebron for some strange reason.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 07:59 PM
I was never scared of Lebron or the Heat...but I was always aware of Stern and his whistles. Like everyone else.

Haha yes!!! This guy has the right idea. Lebron could have atleast thanked stern in his postgame interview.
But be very careful on these boards, Lebron is above criticism and shouldn't have to be subjected to any of it. If he is, his peasants will come out and provide irrational, illogical explanations defending his every move.
I am far from upset, I just like talking sports, even the lamest of them all (basketball).

FOBolous
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope. If anything, despite winning the championship, the playoffs exposed the heat and showed that they're beatable. The heat had a rough time getting out of the east and it's apparent that their kryptonite is teams with good centers.

Teams like Jordan's bulls and Kobe/Shaq's Lakers are feared cause they have no weakness. there's really no strategy that works against them. you just have to hope that they beat themselves.

How Oden pans out will ultimately decide if they achieve this status.

Hawkeye15
08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Oh I posted substance, you just chose to ignore it and hunt for ridiculous excuses to "back" Lebron for some strange reason.

You haven't posted a single iota of substance. Just your personal vendetta against LeBron and basketball.

Please stop trolling.

JoeBlessU
08-07-2013, 08:49 PM
You haven't posted a single iota of substance. Just your personal vendetta against LeBron and basketball.

Please stop trolling.

Just because its an opinion you do not agree with, doesnt make it trolling. Are teams afraid of playing the heat? What kind of question is that? It's ridiculous, preposterous and honestly, a little dumb. They put a ball in a hole! What is scary about that?
This thread is a bait and a troll. What do u expect when u ask a question like that?
You guys wanna create stupid *** threads you're going to get stupid *** posts. That's the fatal flaw in public forums. Create a private one if u wanna only hear straight positivity about a guy who refers to himself as "the chosen one".

LBJackpot
08-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Just because its an opinion you do not agree with, doesnt make it trolling. Are teams afraid of playing the heat? What kind of question is that? It's ridiculous, preposterous and honestly, a little dumb. They put a ball in a hole! What is scary about that?
This thread is a bait and a troll. What do u expect when u ask a question like that?
You guys wanna create stupid *** threads you're going to get stupid *** posts. That's the fatal flaw in public forums. Create a private one if u wanna only hear straight positivity about a guy who refers to himself as "the chosen one".

You hate basketball yet you continue to spend your time trying to convince fans in the NBA FORUM that it sucks. You're even stupider than I thought. Thats like me spending all my time in the Justin Bieber forum telling everyone how much of a ***** he is.

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 04:11 AM
show me evidence of your opinions.

Lebrons team with clevland

C Shaq / big Z
PF Jamison / hickson / Leon powe
SF James / Anthony Parker
SG west / Danny green
PG Williams / Gibson / telfair

Lebron couldn't carry this team to a championship. That's a solid team compared to what the the teams lebron played had on their roster. Saying lebron had no talent on his clevland teams is far from the truth. Lebron left a team he couldn't carry for a team that he wouldn't have to carry.

A hurt wade and half bosh didnt even need James to beat the bucks with a healthy jennings and a full ellis or a bulls team with no rose, deng and Hinrich. Pacers had a good team but not better then that clevland team.

Lebron is a great season player like so many great players before him and like so many of these players lebron is not a winner or a true winner. That's why he joined a super team to make it impossible to lose when he has so much more talent on his teams and he still has trouble some how. Lebron situation in Miami is so perfect u can take any top 50 greatest player all time and they still have the same results.

Zefflin
08-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Haha, I really like the intelligent gents like the fellow above me.

NYJ - NYY
08-08-2013, 10:01 AM

C Shaq / big Z
SG west / Danny green

Lebron couldn't carry this team to a championship. That's a solid team compared to what the the teams lebron played had on their roster. Saying lebron had no talent on his clevland teams is far from the truth. Lebron left a team he couldn't carry for a team that he wouldn't have to carry.

A hurt wade and half bosh didnt even need James to beat the bucks with a healthy jennings and a full ellis or a bulls team with no rose, deng and Hinrich. Pacers had a good team but not better then that clevland team.

Lebron is a great season player like so many great players before him and like so many of these players lebron is not a winner or a true winner. That's why he joined a super team to make it impossible to lose when he has so much more talent on his teams and he still has trouble some how. Lebron situation in Miami is so perfect u can take any top 50 greatest player all time and they still have the same results.

i dont get why everyone has an obsession with someone carrying a team... its a TEAM...no one player in the history of the NBA has ever won it on his own.. he was clearly the best player on the cleveland team and did the best he could its not his fault his teammates couldnt hit the amount of baskets needed to put them over the top... dude got tired of 7 years not winning a title so he teamed up... who gives a fuqqqq lol for real dude is gonna go down as the second or best player to ever play the game...appreciate the game he plays not the dumb **** outside of it... im a knicks fan die hard,...but i have to give respect where its due and hes earned it from me and from everyone else who watches the nba

BoomBaby44
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
It's a real mans sport, I wouldn't expect any of you to know what it is.

A few months ago there was a thread asking if Britney griner could succeed in the nba. If people can actually have a discussion about that, you kno the nba is about as soft as it comes.

Hahahah dude no one care about hocky beside canadians and people on the east coast. I see your from minnesota and undesstand why you hate basketball, cause if i had to root for a pathetic organization like the t-wolves i would become a hockey fan in a heartbeat. Hockey is about as exciting as a soccer match(they both suck)

BoomBaby44
08-08-2013, 12:10 PM

C Shaq / big Z
SG west / Danny green

You need to watch more basketball if you think that cleveland team could compete with this Pacer team cause obviously you are out of touch with reality.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Funny thread. Afraid of the Heat? They have had one of the least dominant championship repeats I have ever seen. It takes them 7 games against the Pacers and the geriatric Spurs to win. I doubt any team is afraid of the Heat. Props for them winning the last 2 seasons but the question is kind of funny to me when you look at how they barely won.

JoeBlessU
08-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Hahahah dude no one care about hocky beside canadians and people on the east coast. I see your from minnesota and undesstand why you hate basketball, cause if i had to root for a pathetic organization like the t-wolves i would become a hockey fan in a heartbeat. Hockey is about as exciting as a soccer match(they both suck)

No one cares about hockey? They draw more fans each year than the nba, look it up. Say whatever u want about tv ratings, real fans show up for their sport. Hell even heat fans left in the 4th quarter of a close playoff game lol, sounds exciting. You clearly have never watched a hockey game, someone who has would never compare it soccer. Basketball players r great athletes, no doubt. But it just gets sickening watching over grown men flop and dive all over the court just to shoot free throws. They whine about calls every 2 seconds and claim they are "underpaid" when grossing 54 million dollars a year (uhm Lebron).

Oh and I agree wolves have been pathetic, but watch out, they r making the playoffs this year.. Book it

JoeBlessU
08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
You hate basketball yet you continue to spend your time trying to convince fans in the NBA FORUM that it sucks. You're even stupider than I thought. Thats like me spending all my time in the Justin Bieber forum telling everyone how much of a ***** he is.

*i think you meant... You're even more stupid than I thought. Lol

JerseyPalahniuk
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
No one cares about hockey? They draw more fans each year than the nba, look it up. Say whatever u want about tv ratings, real fans show up for their sport. Hell even heat fans left in the 4th quarter of a close playoff game lol, sounds exciting. You clearly have never watched a hockey game, someone who has would never compare it soccer. Basketball players r great athletes, no doubt. But it just gets sickening watching over grown men flop and dive all over the court just to shoot free throws. They whine about calls every 2 seconds and claim they are "underpaid" when grossing 54 million dollars a year (uhm Lebron).

Oh and I agree wolves have been pathetic, but watch out, they r making the playoffs this year.. Book it

Damn so much hostility in your posts man, is everything okay?

JoeBlessU
08-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Damn so much hostility in your posts man, is everything okay?

Ha well I did break my phone today and my car got destroyed by hail yeaterday. But ya I'm great lol. I have no hostility, there are things I like about basketball, there are things I really dislike. I was just hoping someone would be objective enough to admit Lebron, as greast as he is, has serious ego issues. But I get destroyed for commenting on anything but his greatness.

Bostonjorge
08-08-2013, 07:48 PM
i dont get why everyone has an obsession with someone carrying a team... its a TEAM...no one player in the history of the NBA has ever won it on his own.. he was clearly the best player on the cleveland team and did the best he could its not his fault his teammates couldnt hit the amount of baskets needed to put them over the top... dude got tired of 7 years not winning a title so he teamed up... who gives a fuqqqq lol for real dude is gonna go down as the second or best player to ever play the game...appreciate the game he plays not the dumb **** outside of it... im a knicks fan die hard,...but i have to give respect where its due and hes earned it from me and from everyone else who watches the nba

Some great players can carry a team In the season to great heights like James Paul or Durant. They lead the players to play at a level they couldn't other wise. Other greats can carry them in the playoffs and the individuals on the team play at the highest level ever. Example gasol never won 1st team all NBA. Yet kobe lead him and gasol in the playoffs became a legend. It is a team game it's just some players are winners and others are great winners.

Verbal Christ
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM
how can the league be scared? it took a miracle comeback to even force a game 7 to an aging spurs team. Scared? Hardly.

Delrayhc
08-08-2013, 10:13 PM

Some great players can carry a team In the season to great heights like James Paul or Durant. They lead the players to play at a level they couldn't other wise. Other greats can carry them in the playoffs and the individuals on the team play at the highest level ever. Example gasol never won 1st team all NBA. Yet kobe lead him and gasol in the playoffs became a legend. It is a team game it's just some players are winners and others are great winners.

There was never anyone as good as Gasol in Cleveland , nice try though.

P.S I dont think teams are afraid of one another.

LBJackpot
08-08-2013, 11:12 PM
*i think you meant... You're even more stupid than I thought. Lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupider

I guess you know more than the dictionary. And why are you acting like you care about the Wolves now? You already said you "despise" basketball

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:39 PM

C Shaq / big Z
SG west / Danny green

I mean metric opinion. Because the players you listed don't stack up with almost any championship ever.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:40 PM

I am a Wolves fan. Don't see you in that board much. And when did hockey ratings pass NBA?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Ha well I did break my phone today and my car got destroyed by hail yeaterday. But ya I'm great lol. I have no hostility, there are things I like about basketball, there are things I really dislike. I was just hoping someone would be objective enough to admit Lebron, as greast as he is, has serious ego issues. But I get destroyed for commenting on anything but his greatness.

no, you get "destroyed", if that is what your defensive nature likes to call it, for being an absolute hater who has admitted to not only despising LeBron, but basketball in general. Yet you still "debate"...