PDA

View Full Version : So... How Long into the Season Before Dirk Gets Traded (or asks for one)?

Dade County
08-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Which contending teams would make a move for him (best fit)? A team would have to feel that Dirk could put them over the top, or is that missing piece to challenge the top teams.

bulls ( over boozer )
Spurs ( along side Timmy )
Clippers ( It's hard to see Dirk coming off the bench, but you never know )
Houston ( thee stretch four, along side Howard )
Golden State ( snipers everywhere )
Other...?

Yes dallas has signed free agents, but I think Cuban is going to change his mind about being a middle of the pack team very quickly.

raiderposting
08-05-2013, 12:03 AM
I doubt the mavs accept but lee for dirk would make the warriors big time contenders.

Kyben36
08-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Which contending teams would make a move for him (best fit)? A team would have to feel that Dirk could put them over the top, or is that missing piece to challenge the top teams.

bulls ( over boozer )
Spurs ( along side Timmy )
Clippers ( It's hard to see Dirk coming off the bench, but you never know )
Houston ( thee stretch four, along side Howard )
Golden State ( snipers everywhere )
Other...?

Yes dallas has signed free agents, but I think Cuban is going to change his mind about being a middle of the pack team very quickly.

Its an intersting question, I would love him on the bulls, but Cuban would either a) never give him up b) ask way to much cause he never looses in a trade.

majmarcus
08-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Its an intersting question, I would love him on the bulls, but Cuban would either a) never give him up b) ask way to much cause he never looses in a trade.

I would go with A. But I wouldnt completely rule out B because if Dirk is adamant about wanting a trade, then Cuban have to be open to it. Besides, its not like Dirk is gonna get his 2nd ring as a Maverick anyway. You know, Ive been thinkin...Dirk would be better off requesting a trade

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Cuban would never trade him and if Dirk ever asked i doubt Cuban would trade him to any of the Texas teams. Bulls are an interesting option. That would cement them as legitimate contenders

TheNumber37
08-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Dirk is not getting traded.

IF and IF he did, it would definitely be to one of the Texas teams, because Dirk has been in Dallas so long, sending him to Chicago or someplace east, might be a disservice. Cuban has been grimy, but not like that.

BIG worm
08-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Cuban would never trade him and if Dirk ever asked i doubt Cuban would trade him to any of the Texas teams. Bulls are an interesting option. That would cement them as legitimate contenders
The Bulls are legitimate contenders without Dirk. But yeah, he would make them really dangerous.

Tanakid777
08-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Not happening.../thread

NYG+Braves
08-05-2013, 01:41 AM
With the way cuban has been,if dirk requests a trade cuban would send him to the bobcats. Then hold a presser saying how is team is now better without him.

rockets-fan
08-05-2013, 01:51 AM
Rockets have no one to send to Dallas :(, would be awesome tho...

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Dirk
Howard

Yes!

Dade County
08-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Rockets have no one to send to Dallas :(, would be awesome tho...

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Dirk
Howard

Yes!

ummm... Aisk, filler, filler, draft picks

rockets-fan
08-05-2013, 02:10 AM

That would be ideal, but they just signed Dalembert...

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 02:10 AM
The Bulls are legitimate contenders without Dirk. But yeah, he would make them really dangerous.

Disagree. Regular season champs sure. In the playoffs you guys still lack that second go to guy that can get his own and take pressure off Rose whom the Heat showed they have no problems dealing with when they have to. In the playoffs the Bulls can ride their defense to force teams to grind games out but they lack the offense to pull the games out vs great defensive teams

just imo

Plus we gotta see what Rose looks like upon his return

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 02:13 AM

So? Thats like the Nets refusing Durant in a trade because they signed Travis Outlaw after they couldnt land Lebron lol

Asik is a beat and Dallas would do well to get him and filler for an aging past his prime star. I hope Dallas does this but i doubt it. Cuban wanted to pair Dirk and Dwight in Dallas so i doubt his pride would allow him to trade Dirk to HOU so they can do it there

waveycrockett
08-05-2013, 02:23 AM

If DIRK DEMANDED a trade I think Cuban would oblige in a heart beat since Cuban's entire marketing scheme to attract other players is that he is "super cool" and "players-first" owner and uses his relationship with Dirk to push that idea. Not to mention tanking wouldn't be a bad idea with this up coming draft class.

DoMeFavors
08-05-2013, 02:39 AM
If Dirk is still good enough to request a trade and if a franchise type player he should be able to get atleast to 2nd round with this team. His team is pretty well built.

Ebbs
08-05-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm ok if he retires a Mav. Truly don't care if we're mediocre for half a decade because of it.

However if he wants to contend I could see Lin + Asik + Terrence Jones + pick. Or Harrison Barnes + David Lee. Or Jimmy Butler + Boozer.

I would really prefer he didn't go to the spurs though lol

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm ok if he retires a Mav. Truly don't care if we're mediocre for half a decade because of it.

However if he wants to contend I could see Lin + Asik + Terrence Jones + pick. Or Harrison Barnes + David Lee. Or Jimmy Butler + Boozer.

I would really prefer he didn't go to the spurs though lol

:laugh2: @ Jimmy Butler

The most you will get from the Bulls is Deng or Boozer with the rights to Mirotic possibly

sf-fanatic
08-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Curry
Klay
Iggy
Dirk
Bogut

:drool:

I wish we could do Barnes + Lee + a second rounder for Dirk and Monta (if hes allowed to be traded)

Dirk + Bogut would be perfect for each other

Curry/Douglas/Nedovic
Klay/Monta/Nedovic
AI/Green
Dirk/Speights
Bogut/Ezeli/JO

scissors
08-05-2013, 07:44 AM
:laugh2: @ Jimmy Butler

The most you will get from the Bulls is Deng or Boozer with the rights to Mirotic possibly

Well if all your getting is Deng or Boozer why would you trade Dirk at all?

scissors
08-05-2013, 07:50 AM
This thread is the quintessential example of people's amazing misunderstanding of the Mavs and Dirk.

First of all if you think Dirk will be so great that he would put another team over the top then why do you think the Mavs will not do well this year? Last year they were 41-41 but after Dirk was healthy they finished the last 60 games at a 50 win clip. This offseason they improved the roster tremendously. So a Dirk who took his team to 50 wins last year with a much improved roster are gonna suck? So the only reason they would suck is if Dirk sucked and then nobody is going to give anything for him anyway unless they are interested in his 22mil expiring contract.

So:
-If Dirk has trade value the Mavs will be a decent team
-If the Mavs aren't decent Dirk will have no trade value

Plus its a near impossible trade because you have to get close to his salary and we all know Cuban doesn't take on bad long contracts anymore.

One of the worst threads ever and I can't believe people tried to intelligently entertain it.

...then again the closest opinion to mine in this thread has been DMF so maybe I'm a homer-moron...

dodie53
08-05-2013, 08:50 AM
imo,
dirk will retire as a mav

Goose17
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I think they should let him stay there, he deserves to retire with them.

But if he demands a trade? Why not, he still holds some value.

Lee AND Barnes though? People be tripping.

time4change
08-05-2013, 09:12 AM

They already are lol. Have you not seen them the last 2 years?

bholly
08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Dirk is not getting traded.

IF and IF he did, it would definitely be to one of the Texas teams, because Dirk has been in Dallas so long, sending him to Chicago or someplace east, might be a disservice. Cuban has been grimy, but not like that.

It's not like Cuban can just screw Dirk over and send him somewhere he doesn't want. He has a no trade clause, so anywhere he goes is by his agreement.

MrfadeawayJB
08-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I see dirk being a mav. And as some said, Dallas should be better than last season and in the playoff hunt

Burkey3472
08-05-2013, 10:04 AM
If he hasn't demanded a trade yet I doubt he gets dealt. He has an opportunity to be a UFA at the end of the season anyway, so he would be able to sign with someone else if he wanted too. If it does sign back with Dallas though that tells me he wants to retire a Mav and he's ok retiring with 1 ring.

Abel Ye
08-05-2013, 10:05 AM
A bad contract and a prospect ie Butler and Boozer would be more than enough for Dirk I would say. Probably even a little bit more value.

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Well if all your getting is Deng or Boozer why would you trade Dirk at all?

For the same reasons Nash was traded. So he doesnt have to rot away in a mediocre team

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Yes sir i have and i dont think the Bulls are contenders even with Rose. Even a full power Bulls team with full power Rose i cant see getting over MIA. I saw how MIA shut Rose down when they needed to. The Bulls defense as usual will get them a high seed but in the playoffs their total dependence of Rose for offense does not do it for me. The -Nate-Belinelli+Dunleavy thing doesnt do it for me. They will get shut down vs the Heat

ll_eric_ll
08-05-2013, 11:03 AM
This threat is as hypothetical a threat as i seen,... but if DIRK does request a trade(which i doubt since he just became a new father), MARK CUBAN will trade him to a contender, and will make sure we get a fair deal in return. I dont see Mark trading Dirk, even if we dont have a good start to the season,.. anybody that thinks other wise, is ********, and making sh-- up.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Not happening. Read Cuban's blog post posted on the "Mavs pitch thread"

Burkey3472
08-05-2013, 11:09 AM
For the same reasons Nash was traded. So he doesnt have to rot away in a mediocre team

Dallas is going to want youth in return not an aging/overpaid vet in Carlos Boozer or Deng who is about to get a new fairly big contract soon.

Dade County
08-05-2013, 11:25 AM
This thread is the quintessential example of people's amazing misunderstanding of the Mavs and Dirk.

First of all if you think Dirk will be so great that he would put another team over the top then why do you think the Mavs will not do well this year? Last year they were 41-41 but after Dirk was healthy they finished the last 60 games at a 50 win clip. This offseason they improved the roster tremendously. So a Dirk who took his team to 50 wins last year with a much improved roster are gonna suck? So the only reason they would suck is if Dirk sucked and then nobody is going to give anything for him anyway unless they are interested in his 22mil expiring contract.

So:
-If Dirk has trade value the Mavs will be a decent team
-If the Mavs aren't decent Dirk will have no trade value

Plus its a near impossible trade because you have to get close to his salary and we all know Cuban doesn't take on bad long contracts anymore.

One of the worst threads ever and I can't believe people tried to intelligently entertain it.

...then again the closest opinion to mine in this thread has been DMF so maybe I'm a homer-moron...

Middle of the pack team.... thats why (no one wants to be that). Fighting for the 6-8 seed, thats why (best case scenario) ... Trying to get the top 4 pick, that why.

This Mavs team will not beat the top teams in the west, but yes they can compete and they might even make the playoffs if they don't have a big injury.

edit**

BUt this is just what if/hypothetical thread, so lets not take the negative post to far.

Bmoss12
08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Asik, Lin, Beverly and TJones works

Bmoss12
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Gibson, Deng and some 1st rounders should do it but knowing Cuban he would want Noah, Deng Gibson for Marion and Dirk

Dallas is going to want youth in return not an aging/overpaid vet in Carlos Boozer or Deng who is about to get a new fairly big contract soon.

Cubby
08-05-2013, 12:14 PM

Already are legitimate contenders. Dirk would just send us over the top.

Cubby
08-05-2013, 12:20 PM

Yes sir i have and i dont think the Bulls are contenders even with Rose. Even a full power Bulls team with full power Rose i cant see getting over MIA. I saw how MIA shut Rose down when they needed to. The Bulls defense as usual will get them a high seed but in the playoffs their total dependence of Rose for offense does not do it for me. The -Nate-Belinelli+Dunleavy thing doesnt do it for me. They will get shut down vs the Heat

Why exactly can't Jimmy Butler be that guy? He showcased on multiple levels his ability to create his own shot. He can post up Wade, take someone off the dribble, take his good step back jumper, and finish at the rim. Not to mention the fact that he is a damn good shooter from 3 and can alleviate the double teams Rose will face.

There are other ways of helping Rose besides getting another scoring option. It could just be a guy who can nail a three pointer or get to the rim, draw contact, and hit the free throws (and possibly finish the layup as well). We don't need an all star. Jimmy is kind of the perfect two guard for this team.

Sly Guy
08-05-2013, 12:34 PM

lol, cuz dalembert is a reason not to play asik.

FYL_McVeezy
08-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Dirk on the Rockets :drool:

I don't see Dirk leaving, even though it seems Dallas is going to be mediocre at best this season. He seems like a Mav for lifer and he already has a ring....

gatkins11
08-05-2013, 01:08 PM
LOL at all of this.

Chill_Will_24
08-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Why exactly can't Jimmy Butler be that guy? He showcased on multiple levels his ability to create his own shot. He can post up Wade, take someone off the dribble, take his good step back jumper, and finish at the rim. Not to mention the fact that he is a damn good shooter from 3 and can alleviate the double teams Rose will face.

There are other ways of helping Rose besides getting another scoring option. It could just be a guy who can nail a three pointer or get to the rim, draw contact, and hit the free throws (and possibly finish the layup as well). We don't need an all star. Jimmy is kind of the perfect two guard for this team.

Eh i have to see whether Jimmy will continue this progress. I personally think he overachieved but thats just my opinion.

Hellcrooner
08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
why ask for a trade? isnt he a F.A after the season?

Hellcrooner
08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
wonder how in hell we have reached 3 pages and no Knick/laker fan has come up offering a Pau/stoudamire for Dirk deal.

Stinkyoutsider
08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
After thinking about it for a while, if Dirk did ask to be traded, I think Cuban would be open to it. But, Cuban would want at least one player back who could continue to help him sell tickets while the Mavs go into rebuilding, because that's what the Mavs will be doing once Dirk leaves IMO.

I think Dirk is one of the 2 missing pieces we (Bulls) need to push into the finals (based on if Rose is truly 100% and plays like he did his MVP season). But, who would the Mavs take back? Noah is the only guy I can see and if we won't trade him for Aldridge, probably not going to trade him for Dirk.

Dirk should choose carefully where he goes if he wants to leave. He can help a lot of teams and he'll have a lot of pressure off of him (with him not having to be the franchise player anymore).

mjt20mik
08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Dirk will retire a mav... i don't see him getting traded.

Dade County
08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Dirk on the Rockets :drool:

I don't see Dirk leaving, even though it seems Dallas is going to be mediocre at best this season. He seems like a Mav for lifer and he already has a ring....

Yeah, that would be epic for the NBA... I could see Houston making it the WCF if that deal ever happens.

LOL at all of this.

:laugh2:

Come on, even the actress got traded... U can give it some thought right? Even though you feel it will never happen.

dee279
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
If Dirk leaves, it will b in the offseason of next year.

JasonJohnHorn
08-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Dirk would make any team better if he was simply added to the roster, but most teams who have pieces the Mavs would accept would be giving up a player who is perhaps actually better right now than Dirk is, or who will have more quality season yet to come.

David Lee, for example. I doubt the Mavs would want to build around him anyways, but giving one of the few guys who can actually post 20/10 on a regular basis would be unwise.

If the Bulls moved Boozer... I'm not sure that makes them better. They give up some rebounds taking Dirk and shorten their window as well.

If the Clippers could come up with a deal for peripheral pieces and keep CP3, BG and DJ, then I'd say go for it and put Dirk at SF.

That said, Cuban said just recently he wasn't going to be trading Dirk. And matching salaries would be hard.

NYKnickFanatic
08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
So? Thats like the Nets refusing Durant in a trade because they signed Travis Outlaw after they couldnt land Lebron lol

Asik is a beat and Dallas would do well to get him and filler for an aging past his prime star. I hope Dallas does this but i doubt it. Cuban wanted to pair Dirk and Dwight in Dallas so i doubt his pride would allow him to trade Dirk to HOU so they can do it there

So you're saying Asik is as good as Durant?

EL_MACHETE
08-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I think Chicago would be a Great fit for Dirk.. But I honestly doubt they'll trade him tho

Bostonjorge
08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
He won't ask for one. He already knows before the season starts that his team has no chance to make any noise. Maybe dirk wants to play with wiggins?

waveycrockett
08-06-2013, 11:47 PM
I think Chicago would be a Great fit for Dirk.. But I honestly doubt they'll trade him tho

I'm sure if Dirk became available the Bulls would give up whatever the Mavs wanted in a heart beat aside from Rose and Noah to make it happen. If it meant up giving up Taj, Mirotic, and Butler the Bulls would do that in a heart beat even if some of their delusional fans think those guys are untouchable.

JayW_1023
08-07-2013, 01:57 AM
I hope never. I mulled when Pierce got traded. I will cry when Dirk plays in another uniform.