PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Pitch To Dwight

kblo247
08-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Check out the video: http://videos.videopress.com/7gUQqrhk/dhmavs_ultimate_video_project_1280x720_fmt1.ogv

Yeah that corny **** is real: http://blogmaverick.com/2013/08/03/lets-talk-mavs-mffl/ And the global domination thing sound super villainy. Thoughts?

asandhu23
08-04-2013, 05:36 AM
haha. wtf?

Two-3
08-04-2013, 05:53 AM
LOL wonder why he didn't sign? Global Domination seems so enticing!

tmacsc2
08-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Nice i see what they did there with the whole superman thing. LOL but really I hope that wasnt the key to the presentation.

Mark Cuban is a funny guy.

sunsfan88
08-04-2013, 06:56 AM
"The most dominant center of all time"....I bet even Dwight laughed at that one.

I wonder if Dallas did this same type of pitch for Deron and Oden and if that's why they both spurned the Mavericks too.

And LOL I like how Dallas didn't have 2014 as one of their banners...did they not know that Dwight is looking to win now? :p

poleandreel
08-04-2013, 07:27 AM
"The most dominant center of all time"....I bet even Dwight laughed at that one.

I wonder if Dallas did this same type of pitch for Deron and Oden and if that's why they both spurned the Mavericks too.

And LOL I like how Dallas didn't have 2014 as one of their banners...did they not know that Dwight is looking to win now? :p

yes they did have 2014

AnthonyTyrael
08-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I feel ashamed as a fan. I don't know if it was meant to be serious.

It's so cheesy, bad and so wrong if you ask me, even as Mavs fan. Sure, we (Cuban) wanted him but why is there a need to suck up a guy like him? I don't wonder anymore why we don't recruit so called top tiers like him if things are always going that way. It was our FO's vision/dream put into moving pictures, a best cast scenario for the future at that point but come on...

Hero, future MVP, dominance, his origin...laughable. Comic style, feels like they wanted to turn Howard into a "global brand".

I wonder how Cuban made his money without the mafia or other help. Everything he said and did lately, concerning the Mavs, while running them, was plain stupid most times. No matter what words he's choosing from and no matter how he tries to turn it. Just unprofessional.

Giannis94
08-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Well, now Cuban knows what it feels like to be on the other side of Shark Tank

astonmartin10
08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Wtf was that!

GiantsSwaGG
08-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Cuban is an idiot

Tmath
08-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Cuban is an idiot

Says the guy that dedicates his life trolling a sports forum. :rolleyes:

kblo247
08-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Nice i see what they did there with the whole superman thing. LOL but really I hope that wasnt the key to the presentation.

Mark Cuban is a funny guy.

I was left thinking ... Wouldn't superman object to global domination? I mean that seems like a Zod/Luther thing

Dade County
08-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Dallas unlucky, Wade 97 free throw trips... Dallas Lucky, Lbj following orders.

They really, really F'ed up; if Cuban would have kept that team together, then he could have traded pieces to lure top free agents there.

Burkey3472
08-04-2013, 11:34 AM
It doesn't matter what they did it wasn't going to entice him on going there. There main selling point was a declining, older Dirk, not that attractive.

NYYCowboys
08-04-2013, 11:49 AM

I bet he also laughed when it said "This one is defined by effort and commitment"

LAKobeBryant
08-04-2013, 11:57 AM
it was all or nothing, they have no back up plan now.

gatkins11
08-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Dallas unlucky, Wade 97 free throw trips... Dallas Lucky, Lbj following orders.

They really, really F'ed up; if Cuban would have kept that team together, then he could have traded pieces to lure top free agents there.

Oh yeah? All those old players that no one wanted? Chandler was the only attractive piece to another team.

Dade County
08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah? All those old players that no one wanted? Chandler was the only attractive piece to another team.

No, I don't mean trading off your best players... I mean staying relevant, small moves here and their ( staying top 3 in west ), so when it was time to lure in the free agents, it would have been an easier sale; and all they had to do, was move certain players to make room.

topdog
08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Wow, they must think that Dwight really does have the mindset of a 5 year old. Smh.

ThuglifeJ
08-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Honestly that video was probably a good idea knowing Dwight's personality. Just the ending was too cheesy.

Dwight : 'I want to be epic'

Smh..

GiantsSwaGG
08-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Says the guy that dedicates his life trolling a sports forum. :rolleyes:

Didn't you come off a ban for doing the samething?

Minimal
08-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Its like waving a candy in front of the child asking him to take it.

kobe4thewinbang
08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
That is pathetic, and nothing it says about Dwight is true. They basically told him he was superman when he hasn't done jack piss. He has the mental toughness of a newborn and the post moves of a pee-wee PG. Commitment? Ha!

Ill21
08-04-2013, 08:06 PM
That might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen

Mr_Jones
08-04-2013, 08:17 PM
The video is embarrassing. Cringe-worthy

Mr_Jones
08-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I also laughed when they said that he was known for "his desire to win."

no. just no.

There are only a few players in the league that warrant that kind of recognition.

Trueblue2
08-04-2013, 09:15 PM
This was the rockets pitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8

flea
08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
These things are always so cringe-inducing because most pro athletes (and NBA ones in particular) are functional retards with the emotional maturity of a 9 year old and the self awareness of Lindsay Lohan. They lap **** like this up and really, honestly, believe that they're doing something great instead of putting a ball in an iron circle.

rockets-fan
08-04-2013, 11:25 PM
That is pathetic, and nothing it says about Dwight is true. They basically told him he was superman when he hasn't done jack piss. He has the mental toughness of a newborn and the post moves of a pee-wee PG. Commitment? Ha!

Someone's mad haha

ThuglifeJ
08-05-2013, 12:53 AM
These things are always so cringe-inducing because most pro athletes (and NBA ones in particular) are functional retards with the emotional maturity of a 9 year old and the self awareness of Lindsay Lohan. They lap **** like this up and really, honestly, believe that they're doing something great instead of putting a ball in an iron circle.

I think ur mostly describing NBA and NFL players. I don't see many mlb players as immature, or swimmers, golf, etc

NBA is probably the worst sadly and it's my favorite sport.

To be fair most realistically portray about 15-17 year olds, not 9. Well Dwight maybe 9 mentally.

AnthonyTyrael
08-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I think ur mostly describing NBA and NFL players. I don't see many mlb players as immature, or swimmers, golf, etc

NBA is probably the worst sadly and it's my favorite sport.

To be fair most realistically portray about 15-17 year olds, not 9. Well Dwight maybe 9 mentally.

9 and a half please. Cuban didn't fool him. Maybe forgot to include the lollipop as well. :D

Goose17
08-05-2013, 09:02 AM
The global domination part didn't seem to fit. But I actually loved this video. Am I alone in that?

I mean I doubt they sat him down and said, "watch this". They probably told him, this is the sort of PR we're planning to have if you join, we want to make you the face of this franchise for the years to come etc etc.

If I saw that as a TV commercial I would be hyped for the Mavs. Hell, it almost made me want to play for them.

houstonfan
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
The global domination part didn't seem to fit. But I actually loved this video. Am I alone in that?

I mean I doubt they sat him down and said, "watch this". They probably told him, this is the sort of PR we're planning to have if you join, we want to make you the face of this franchise for the years to come etc etc.

If I saw that as a TV commercial I would be hyped for the Mavs. Hell, it almost made me want to play for them.

Ya I think you are alone on that one haha

Goose17
08-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Ya I think you are alone on that one haha

LOL.

Oh well.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-05-2013, 11:03 AM
If you read the actual blog entry, this was just TWO minutes in response to the entire 2 hour+ presentation. Chill out people. It was also a good follow-up to Dwight's "I want to be Epic" answer.

TheNumber37
08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Wow.
The Mavs clearly put their title Window for 2 years (Seems like Dirk is done after...).

They should've drew other players who could have joined him.