PDA

View Full Version : Rockets. Warriors. Who do you take in a 7 game series?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TrueFan420
08-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Barnes does have a high ceiling but not higher than curry. I honestly am not as hyped about Barnes as most of you. I see him as deng but instead of top d ad ok offense it will be very good offense and ok d. Still stand by wanting Drummond.

Htownballa1622
08-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I love how you dont address the rest of the post. Most of this team is the same team that went off in the playoffs but we get lee back and add iggy. This team has accomplished more than the rockets team has.

Asking if someone is butthurt isn't my go to when someone disagrees but whenever a rockets fan has made claims that us warriors fans are making outlandish comments I have laid out logical arguments with no response then I see the next rocket fan saying something like "everybody is on the warriors jock." Just getting tired and can't wait for the season. Hope we see y'all in the playoffs.

I didn't address the rest of your post because it was pointless to argue in hypotheticals that you're looking at your team in as only "glass half full" type predictions.

See what Verbal has said. I've seen Dubs fans post "destroy, can't match up at all, nuff said" when trying to argue.

Monta is beast
08-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Rebound at a scary rate? Averages like 6 per-36. Super mediocre. And of course he took a backseat to Curry, that's not going to change. He's also going to take a backseat to Iggy as a playmaker as well. 1.3 APG at Carolina, he's just not that player. Compare that to Iggy in his 2nd year at Arizona he was already a 5apg guy. You see this stuff early.

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. His ball handling is the only thing holding him back from becoming a playmaker imo

Guppyfighter
08-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. His ball handling is the only thing holding him back from becoming a playmaker imo

He doesn't have the jump shot to be better than Curry.

Barnes jump shot with anything inside the arc is 30 percent.

CluTcH_c1tY
08-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Im surprised the Warriors didnt win last year with their 6 20 pt scorers. I wonder how the Rockets even won 3 games versus them? I mean they have an MVP, DPOY, and a 6th man of the year on the same team! And of course the other 3 20 pt scorers to add to that. Im sure the Warriors are the least of worries for the Rockets amongts the West... LMAO

RollingWave
08-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Everything is Ifs and buts right now on assumption of matchups , we'll never really know until we see an actual matchup, while it is not impossible that these 2 teams matchup 3/6 next year or both makes it deeper doesn't seem THAT high.

As others pointed out, Curry for some reason don't match up too well with Lin, one of his worst regular season game last year came against Houston, while Lin steadily dropped around 20 every game on them with much more limited minutes. The Rockets probably should just try to attack Curry with Lin as much as possible in a theoretical match up, if nothing else, tiring out Curry on the defensive end helps.

Also, most people don't seem to realize that the Houston offense was just fine without Harden last year, either in games he missed completely or in terms of raw on off, the team's offense was hardly just the Harden show. he was their best player, but you don't become a top 5 offense by just having 1 very good offensively player.

Of course, this hinges on coaching, so we don't know, for all we know McHale may continue to go to Harden regardless of him getting shutdown, or he may not , he was a bit more adaptable than people thought in the OKC series for one thing.

In short, we'll say that analytic and last year's regular season match up seems more favorable to Houston, but the Warrior do seem like a potentially problematic match up... but that really depend on Houston's coaching adjustments as well.

Scoots
08-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I think the hyperbole is a bit beyond reality, I do think the Warriors would win a 7 game series, but I think it would be a great close series.

Barnes has a ton of potential, but he'll never be the game changer Curry can be.

jerellh528
08-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Ill take golden state pretty easy here. Rockets don't have anyone outside of harden and Howard pretty much. Don't gimme that parsons bs, he's not even a top 10 sf, yet ppl make him out to be some kind of big 3 with Howard/harden.

RollingWave
08-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Ill take golden state pretty easy here. Rockets don't have anyone outside of harden and Howard pretty much. Don't gimme that parsons bs, he's not even a top 10 sf, yet ppl make him out to be some kind of big 3 with Howard/harden.
Probable 6 most used player RAPM (Rate adjusted plus minus) last season

Houston

Howard: 5.5
Harden: 5.1
Asik : 4.5
Lin : 0.4
Beverley: 0.4
Parsons : -0.1

average: 2.63
average of 3-6: 1.3

Warriors

Curry: 4.2
Iggy: 4.1
Bogut: 2.0
Lee: 1.4
Thompson: -0.6
Barnes: -1.3

Average: 1.63
Average of 3-6: 0.38

Trueblue2
08-12-2013, 04:18 AM
I got the dubs here.

Defemsively theyre much more equipped to stop houston than houston is to stop them. They can put iggy on harden and bogut on dwight and limit their offensive production. If the parsons/thompson proves to be a liability they can move iggy to sg and bring in barnes off the bench to guard parsons. Obviously youre not gonna shut down dwight and harden, but iggy and bogut are more than capable of keeping them from scoring at will.

The rockets dont have the defenders to match up with and limit the dubs in the same way. Yea they have dwight clogging the lane preventing post ups and drives, but the warriors rely on shooters in pretty much every position. Curry/Thompson/Barnes/iggy/Lee/Speights are all capable shooters with decent range. The only player on the team that relies on post play is bogut, and the spacing created by the rest of the team will allow him to still be effective in the post even thoigh dwight howard is guarding him. Howard will limit bogut inside, but hou has no answer on defense for GS's shooters.

Dubs also have a solid 6th man in barnes who the rockets dont really have an answer to off the bench.

RollingWave
08-12-2013, 06:22 AM
I got the dubs here.

Defemsively theyre much more equipped to stop houston than houston is to stop them. They can put iggy on harden and bogut on dwight and limit their offensive production. If the parsons/thompson proves to be a liability they can move iggy to sg and bring in barnes off the bench to guard parsons. Obviously youre not gonna shut down dwight and harden, but iggy and bogut are more than capable of keeping them from scoring at will.

The rockets dont have the defenders to match up with and limit the dubs in the same way. Yea they have dwight clogging the lane preventing post ups and drives, but the warriors rely on shooters in pretty much every position. Curry/Thompson/Barnes/iggy/Lee/Speights are all capable shooters with decent range. The only player on the team that relies on post play is bogut, and the spacing created by the rest of the team will allow him to still be effective in the post even thoigh dwight howard is guarding him. Howard will limit bogut inside, but hou has no answer on defense for GS's shooters.

Dubs also have a solid 6th man in barnes who the rockets dont really have an answer to off the bench.
Yeah, this is essentially the logical / sane / non-hyperboil homer pro Dubs argument, match up wise it seems more likely that they can contain Houston than vice versa, I can think of a few things that might shift it otherwise, but that would ultimately be up to the coaching and we can't say for sure what moves each side pulls so.. ultimately... we don't know.

I could argue that even with Bogut, you probably won't get away without double teaming Dwight, and that they could just draw iggy away with Harden and instead run a lot of Lin pick and rolls, of which Curry has shown a pretty decent sample of being incapable of defending effectively. once you can get to the hoop with Lin you achieve both tiring out Curry and risking Bogut foul trouble, and the spacing opens up again once additional players are needed to cover either Dwight or a Lin / Dwight pick and roll.

But really , who knows, we're not even sure who's going to be the 4 for Houston, or GSW for that matter.

If David Lee is the starter (which seems likely.) then that opens up a lot problems for GSW defensively, granted then the Rockets probably need to play Asik at the 4 to contain Lee, at which point their own spacing is in trouble.

So basically, it's a complex chess match where the Dubs seem to have some advantage in the opening moves. but who the hell knows how it'll develop.

WadeKobe
08-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Why is everyone talking about GS, and no one talking about the team that made some of the smartest moves this offseason and is arguably the second best team in the West?

Clippers...

Lake_Show2416
08-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Why is everyone talking about GS, and no one talking about the team that made some of the smartest moves this offseason and is arguably the second best team in the West?

Clippers...

they got a coach this offseason about thats it, who wasn't really the same after losing Bulls coach Thibbs, plus Blake Griffin needs to prove he can take that next step & more effective in the playoffs

RollingWave
08-12-2013, 06:53 AM
probably because GSW and Houston have more in common.... and there was a bit o rivalry brewing between the 2 in the regular season. and also they made the bigger name splash.

Clippers probably have an edge on them in the regular season too, not sure if Jordan / Griffin can defend enough in the playoffs. they present some serious issues, Jordan especially, when teams just hack a Jordan and he REALLY can't hit more than half those free throws, it's hard to overcome, and Griffin alone simply isn't enough to contain opposing offense.

Guppyfighter
08-12-2013, 09:41 AM
There is a bit of a rivalry going on with the Clippers and Warriors too, actually.

likemystylez
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
There is a bit of a rivalry going on with the Clippers and Warriors too, actually.

Its strange too. As a warrior fan- I think of the clippers as being better than the warriors (even though I know we match up well and we beat them 3 out of 4 times last year) and on the flip side- Last year when the rockets were beating the warriors- I still thought the warriors were the better team.

I thought they had a horrible game plan going into that game where the rockets made 23 3s. I blames the warriors more so than I thought the rockets were really good. I didnt believe jeremy lin just became an elite 3 point shooter.

Whats even more odd about me thinking the clippers are better- I think some of their main players are super overrated. Honestly- Griffin and Jordan make up the most overrated, overhyped front court in history. I also dont think Reddick is that great. I do believe chris paul is the best PG in the league but- I think curry gets up for that game and usually plays well (Mainly because he is personal friends with chris paul and they work out in NC during the offseason and stuff).

I know I have some homerism- but even though the clippers have the best player, I like the warriors players as a whole better. If bogut is healthy and playing interrior defense like he did during the playoffs- The clippers would have a hard time with the warriors.

tr3ymill3r
08-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I think the Warriors are better than the Clippers mainly because of Blake Griffin. If he is able to knock down a mid range jumper things would change, but if he's still content to just dunk they are a 5-7 seed, just look at how they finished down the stretch. JJ and Dudley are good pros but they are not starters on championship caliber teams.

Monta is beast
08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know if the Wariiors are better than the Clippers. In my opinion it's all up to Bogut, as to how far the Warriors can go. If he can be what he was early in his career, I think we have more than a legitimate shot at winning the title. If he's productive, but not really as effective as he was before, I think we can make a strong playoff run. But even with that said, if he doesn't stay healthy this season, we can let him walk, clear the cap space and offer Thompson, Bazemore and Nedovic for a very good Center. Don't know what Centers will be available next off-season, but Warriors are set pretty much in all directions.

Scoots
08-12-2013, 10:21 PM
O'Neal was a major pickup for the Warriors particularly since Ezeli is hurt. Ezeli is very raw, but is a naturally decent defender and will only get better this year and next ... his development was set back by his injury.

To talk up the Rockets, I like Parsons game, and Montejunas has a lot of potential and had some very good minutes last year ... and some invisible minutes too.

I've seen several people talking up the Jazz as making the playoffs this year ... that seems at least a year early to me.

RollingWave
08-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I think Griffin was so overrated earlier that now it's swung to the other extreme, he gets underrated too much.

He is what he is, a very very good young big, but as most people objectively will realize, bigs don't tend to be very good defensively early in their career.

lol, please
08-12-2013, 11:58 PM
O'Neal was a major pickup for the Warriors particularly since Ezeli is hurt. Ezeli is very raw, but is a naturally decent defender and will only get better this year and next ... his development was set back by his injury.

To talk up the Rockets, I like Parsons game, and Montejunas has a lot of potential and had some very good minutes last year ... and some invisible minutes too.

I've seen several people talking up the Jazz as making the playoffs this year ... that seems at least a year early to me.Agreed.

I think Griffin was so overrated earlier that now it's swung to the other extreme, he gets underrated too much.

He is what he is, a very very good young big, but as most people objectively will realize, bigs don't tend to be very good defensively early in their career.
I agree with everything said here, except the part of Griffin being underrated to the extreme as a result from overrating him so vastly in the beginning.

tr3ymill3r
08-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Four letter network projects Warriors to finish 6th in the West and the Rockets 4th.

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Four letter network also predicted Warriors would miss the playoffs last season

valade16
08-13-2013, 06:45 PM
1. Thunder
2. Grizzlies
3. Clippers
4. Spurs
5. Rockets
6. Warriors
7. Nuggets
8. Blazers
9. Mavericks
10. Lakers

That's how I see it playing out. Nuggets could be a bit better.

CluTcH_c1tY
08-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Four letter network projects Warriors to finish 6th in the West and the Rockets 4th.
I see the Rockets either grabbing the 3rd or 4th seed and GSW grabbing either the 5th or 6th seed. Then if they do indeed meet, I have the Rockets in 5 or 6. Vegas has the Rockets with way better odds to win the chip than GSW, I wonder why??

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I see the Rockets either grabbing the 3rd or 4th seed and GSW grabbing either the 5th or 6th seed. Then if they do indeed meet, I have the Rockets in 5 or 6. Vegas has the Rockets with way better odds to win the chip than GSW, I wonder why??

Haha if that's what you gotta do to convince yourself that's the case. There's z reason PSDers voted the Warriors would win a playoff series.

1) Thunder
2) Spurs
3) Clippers
4) Warriors
5) Rockets
6) Grizzlies
7) Nuggets
8) Lakers

valade16
08-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Haha if that's what you gotta do to convince yourself that's the case. There's z reason PSDers voted the Warriors would win a playoff series.

1) Thunder
2) Spurs
3) Clippers
4) Warriors
5) Rockets
6) Grizzlies
7) Nuggets
8) Lakers

Grizzlies awful low. Also, just curious, what makes you think LAL will be better than Portland or Dallas?

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Grizzlies awful low. Also, just curious, what makes you think LAL will be better than Portland or Dallas?

The Lakers are being underrated. There starting five is pretty nice. They got Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Kaman.

Guppyfighter
08-13-2013, 09:32 PM
The Lakers are being underrated. There starting five is pretty nice. They got Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Kaman.

"I appreciate name value than what the actual production will be like."

I can understand why you think aging and injuries that come with aging would be less of a problem.

Mmhm

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I swear to god, when will you learn how to use a ****ing quote.

Guppyfighter
08-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I swear to god, when will you learn how to use a ****ing quote.

I know you are too dense to understand what the quotations are trying to accomplish. I don't blame you though, I blame the school system.

Asik's better
08-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Monta is beast: I swear to god, when will you learn how to use a ****ing quote.

Is This how you use it?

Monta is beast
08-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Ahh haterade is getting around today

SportsFanatic10
08-13-2013, 11:04 PM
warriors, they are still better...but they always have injury concerns more so then most teams with curry and bogut.

Guppyfighter
08-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Ahh haterade is getting around today

You are going to get this reaction every time you come in the NBA forum. You are the equivalent of domefavors.

Verbal Christ
08-13-2013, 11:17 PM
So let me get this straight. LOL . "Someone" here is really going to argue that the results from a PSD poll are to be taken more seriously than a Vegas betting line? Wow.

Guppyfighter
08-13-2013, 11:21 PM
So let me get this straight. LOL . "Someone" here is really going to argue that the results from a PSD poll are to be taken more seriously than a Vegas betting line? Wow.

Neither should be taken seriously.

Betting odds are created by public perception and this is PSD's version of public perception.

Htownballa1622
08-13-2013, 11:36 PM
You are going to get this reaction every time you come in the NBA forum. You are the equivalent of domefavors.

:clap:

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:11 AM

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Na but I'm 18 I've played nd watched ball since I was 5 and I know wassup. The Rockets got a squad there gonna be a dope team to watch play, nd don't get me wrong there a scary team. I just think the Warriors got a better squad with more chemistry (means allot).

lol, please
08-14-2013, 01:19 AM
The daily Dubs forum back and forth brawling between Guppy, Mibs, and asandhu23 has spilled out into the NBA forum, and Htownballa is loving every minute of it. :pity:

lol, please
08-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Barnes does have a high ceiling but not higher than curry. I honestly am not as hyped about Barnes as most of you. I see him as deng but instead of top d ad ok offense it will be very good offense and ok d. Still stand by wanting Drummond.

Barnes ceiling might not be higher than Currys but his ceiling should still be pretty high, I think, it will be interesting to see how MJ uses him this season. I love his potential but I still think it's a stretch to say he is a 6th man of the year candidate.

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Na dudes be trippin on here it's funny

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Barnes ceiling might not be higher than Currys but his ceiling should still be pretty high, I think, it will be interesting to see how MJ uses him this season. I love his potential but I still think it's a stretch to say he is a 6th man of the year candidate.

He put on 10-15 lbs before he went to the USA camp, I'm sure before the season starts he'll put on another 5-10 lbs. And he's still going to be extremely athletic, and he blossomed in the playoffs. I'm looking for him to have a big season.

lol, please
08-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Hopefully you're right.

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Plus he's gonna be playing with a slight chip coming off the bench.

lol, please
08-14-2013, 02:49 AM
I hope you're right, I want him playing with a chip, I want his best, every game. Posterizing people.

JordansBulls
08-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Who did the Warriors get to get better this season?

Monta is beast
08-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Who did the Warriors get to get better this season?

Lost:
Jarret Jack
Carl Landry
Brandon Rush (played one game)
Andros Biedrins
Richard Jefferson

Acquired:
Andre Iguodala
Marrese Speights
Jermaine O'Neal
Tony Douglas
Nemanja Nedovic

Basically we focused on getting better on defense this off-season

tr3ymill3r
08-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Eventually Jermaine O'Neal will just break down. I'm not wishing it on him because I thought he was amazing on the Pacers, but eventually age will catch up to him. He won't be expected to do much, unless Bogut gets hurt yet again. I do think the Warriors are going to miss Jack and Landry more than they think though.

TrueFan420
08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Eventually Jermaine O'Neal will just break down. I'm not wishing it on him because I thought he was amazing on the Pacers, but eventually age will catch up to him. He won't be expected to do much, unless Bogut gets hurt yet again. I do think the Warriors are going to miss Jack and Landry more than they think though.
Landry was replaced with a better player in speights. Jack will and won't be missed. He tended to try to do to much at times but was the perfect insurance plan for curry. Iggy will pick up the slack of creating offense for others that we lost with jack. JO is a surprise. I forgot out him but the suns fans had great things to say about him and said he was their best big man last year. Amd he will have a bog role even with a healthy bogut. we still want to limit his minutes till playoff time. I will miss rush but he didnt play last year and coming off a serious injury who knows if he will find his form again. Plus we've always had a knack finding good wing play from unknowns. Douglas is who intrigues me. I've been told he's a very good defender and his offense is there one day gone the next. Hoping he turns into another player that can find the range with us but if not love that we got a stopper at pg.

TrueFan420
08-14-2013, 02:18 PM

It will be hope he responds well to the bench role and I agree 6 man of the year is a stretch till we see him in the actual role. I just really wanted Drummond cause I knew well more felt that iggy was headed to us. Wanted to deal for him and boguts health still worries me even tho he had freak accidents.

Scoots
08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
It's hard to remember that Bogut is just 28 years old. IF he can stay healthy I think it's reasonable to think his game will improve, and the next piece the Warriors need to acquire is a young PF who can play the post.

The Warriors also lost 5 draft picks this offseason.

lol, please
08-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Landry was replaced with a better player in speights. Jack will and won't be missed. He tended to try to do to much at times but was the perfect insurance plan for curry. Iggy will pick up the slack of creating offense for others that we lost with jack. JO is a surprise. I forgot out him but the suns fans had great things to say about him and said he was their best big man last year. Amd he will have a bog role even with a healthy bogut. we still want to limit his minutes till playoff time. I will miss rush but he didnt play last year and coming off a serious injury who knows if he will find his form again. Plus we've always had a knack finding good wing play from unknowns. Douglas is who intrigues me. I've been told he's a very good defender and his offense is there one day gone the next. Hoping he turns into another player that can find the range with us but if not love that we got a stopper at pg.

I was forgetting about B-Rush. :facepalm: Forgot he left the team.

Scoots
08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Rush is on the Jazz now.

lol, please
08-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Rush is on the Jazz now.

Ugh, then I forgot him for good reason, lol. The whole Iggy/Dwight saga had me completely forget about Rush. :laugh2: We would be so deadly with him still here.

lol, please
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
There really is a question mark on truly filling the void of Landry+Jack+Rush, but I am not too worried about it, Jack was both productive and counter productive at times, but all 3 were solid, in the last two seasons respectively. We will see what kind of year we get from Douglas and Speights.

Chronz
01-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Why? Because he'll be getting the exact same minutes, if not more, than he did last season? Because playing off the bench has stunted the growth of so many players before :rolleyes:

You expect a top tier athlete who just turned 21, to take a step back after his rookie season? It would be extremely unlikely if Barnes played the best year of his career last season. He has more upside tnan anybody on the roster- and its not even close.

Do you watch warriors basketball?

Any thoughts on Barnes predictably underwhelming season thus far fellas?

TrueFan420
01-28-2014, 02:44 AM
I knew this thread would be bumped at some point but not for this

nastynice
01-28-2014, 02:49 AM
lol, what a random reason to bump this thread. There's literally a thread named harrison barnes like 2 threads below this one

Chronz
01-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Lee might regress after the year he had last year but not by much dude is as consistent as they come.

Normally we talk about the sophomore slump but seeing as Barnes was extremely limited in his role until lee's post season injury I don't think we will see a slump. I see him doing better in an expanded role even if it is coming off the bench.

Seems like Lee has had the best season of his career at least.

Chronz
01-28-2014, 02:52 AM
lol, what a random reason to bump this thread. There's literally a thread named harrison barnes like 2 threads below this one

Yea didn't realize that, odd how Barnes was on his mind and mine today.

Chronz
01-28-2014, 02:53 AM
But Dubs have been better it seems, so I was wrong on that one thus far.

TrueFan420
01-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Seems like Lee has had the best season of his career at least.

Lee was not very good to start the year. He struggled a lot in fact. He's picked it up tho. He's killing it and not just offensively.

Even with Barnes seemingly struggling he's actually putting up similar numbers. He didn't grow like many of us expected but a lot of that I think is poor management by Jackson. Don't like the all back up with no starters units he roles with for chucks of the game.

WARRIORS@GR
01-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Were the comments about Bogut not being an impact player on both ends,and him missing tons of games because he is injury prone,made on this thread or another one?lol

sunsfan88
01-28-2014, 07:28 AM
But Dubs have been better it seems, so I was wrong on that one thus far.
Your sig is amazing.

lol, please
03-14-2014, 06:43 PM
The playoffs are getting closer, anyone change their minds yet? The Warriors are starting to fire on all cylinders and have improved the bench, and still have a higher srs. I like our chances, barring injuries.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 06:47 PM
The playoffs are getting closer, anyone change their minds yet? The Warriors are starting to fire on all cylinders and have improved the bench, and still have a higher srs. I like our chances, barring injuries.

Rockets are 23-8 since Jan. 1

They are playing excellent as well.

FOBolous
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM

of course you do. And fyi, only dubs fans think the dubs are ur "hottest" team in the NBA.

Htownballa1622
03-15-2014, 08:30 AM
of course you do. And fyi, only dubs fans think the dubs are ur "hottest" team in the NBA.

We just got beat by a solid Bulls team. The Warriors just got beat by the Cavs. I REPEAT. THE CAVALIERS.

lol, please
03-15-2014, 02:23 PM
It was a bad loss, can we not take a bad loss ever? Don't put too much stock into one game, lol.

nastynice
03-15-2014, 02:27 PM
We just got beat by a solid Bulls team. The Warriors just got beat by the Cavs. I REPEAT. THE CAVALIERS.

Well, if we meet in the first round and they determine who moves on to the next one by making us play the cavs and you play the bulls, then I guess we're both screwed huh

COOLbeans
03-15-2014, 02:34 PM
It was a bad loss, can we not take a bad loss ever? Don't put too much stock into one game, lol.

They're Rockets fans..

Htownballa1622
03-15-2014, 02:46 PM

Exactly. I'm being facetious. Like 99% of your idiotic statements.

Well, if we meet in the first round and they determine who moves on to the next one by making us play the cavs and you play the bulls, then I guess we're both screwed huh

Too bad we're in the West. I'd like our chances in the east ;)

They're Rockets fans..

Great point. /sarcasm.

Being a fan of a certain team doesn't mean x or y but it's ironic that YOU are one to try and ridicule a fanbase with the amount of non sense that comes from your posts.

Nice try.

nastynice
03-15-2014, 02:51 PM
lol, this **** is hilarious. There's no doubt that psd has a full blown rockets warriors rivalry. Its probably the only place on earth that it exists, but hey, **** it, I LOVE IT!!! lolol

tr3ymill3r
03-15-2014, 02:56 PM
I really hope they face each other in the playoffs to put an end to these damn threads once and for all. It would be great to see a game between the 2 of them on a neutral site.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2014, 03:12 PM
lol, this **** is hilarious. There's no doubt that psd has a full blown rockets warriors rivalry. Its probably the only place on earth that it exists, but hey, **** it, I LOVE IT!!! lolol

it is funny, and yeah, I have never seen it anywhere outside this site

Goose17
03-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I really hope they face each other in the playoffs to put an end to these damn threads once and for all. It would be great to see a game between the 2 of them on a neutral site.

It won't end. No matter the outcome both sides will have excuses and this B.S will continue. Bank on it.

it is funny, and yeah, I have never seen it anywhere outside this site

I've never seen it anywhere outside of PSD, and it WAS funny, but it's becoming really tedious and stupid now. It all started because of this thread, we got 60% of the votes and that pissed them off because they felt like they were being underrated, it all just snowballed from there.

I've trolled them as well, tbf. But I think it's gotten to a point now where SOME Dubs fans and Houston fans can't even have a proper discussion with each other on here without it ending up as the same old. There are exceptions on both sides, and both sides are to blame. But it really needs to stop, hopefully like Tr3y said, it will end if we meet each other in the playoffs, I doubt it though.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2014, 03:38 PM
It won't end. No matter the outcome both sides will have excuses and this B.S will continue. Bank on it.

I've never seen it anywhere outside of PSD, and it WAS funny, but it's becoming really tedious and stupid now. It all started because of this thread, we got 60% of the votes and that pissed them off because they felt like they were being underrated, it all just snowballed from there.

I've trolled them as well, tbf. But I think it's gotten to a point now where SOME Dubs fans and Houston fans can't even have a proper discussion with each other on here without it ending up as the same old. There are exceptions on both sides, and both sides are to blame. But it really needs to stop, hopefully like Tr3y said, it will end if we meet each other in the playoffs, I doubt it though.

I am sure it has become annoying to the two fanbases, but the rest of us find it funny. Would be nice to see them play in the playoffs, so we can get this over with..

flea
03-15-2014, 09:00 PM
I am sure it has become annoying to the two fanbases, but the rest of us find it funny. Would be nice to see them play in the playoffs, so we can get this over with..

Very heated rivalry over who gets to be the 6th best team in the NBA. That's probably the funniest part to me, the stakes are so low.

NBA_Starter
03-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Right at this moment whichever team has HCA, it is that close to me.

tr3ymill3r
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
maybe we can get lucky with a 3-6 match up in the first round. Otherwise we would have to wait until the Conference Finals which at that point is highly unlikely since they would have to knock out both San Antonio and OKC.

Avenged
03-15-2014, 09:51 PM

For real. But at least they're keeping this place interesting.

moshy2
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
They better play each other or else this **** won't ever end. It probably still won't, but at least we'd have proof instead of 100% speculation being thrown around as fact

Goose17
03-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Very heated rivalry over who gets to be the 6th best team in the NBA. That's probably the funniest part to me, the stakes are so low.

6th out of 30 is pretty good. Means you're a true contender in my books if you're a top 6 team in the entire league.

flea
03-16-2014, 12:12 PM
6th out of 30 is pretty good. Means you're a true contender in my books if you're a top 6 team in the entire league.

You're right that it's pretty good, but it doesn't really mean you're a "true contender." In the last 30 years only 4 teams seeded lower than 3 in their conference have even made it to the finals. The only 6th seed (Warriors current seed) to make the finals in that time had the guy I consider to be the best center to ever play.

I think fans tend to forget how little parity there is in the NBA. It's pretty rare to have a year like the one we're currently having where there are 4 true title contenders.

Goose17
03-16-2014, 12:20 PM
You're right that it's pretty good, but it doesn't really mean you're a "true contender." In the last 30 years only 4 teams seeded lower than 3 in their conference have even made it to the finals. The only 6th seed (Warriors current seed) to make the finals in that time had the guy I consider to be the best center to ever play.

I think fans tend to forget how little parity there is in the NBA. It's pretty rare to have a year like the one we're currently having where there are 4 true title contenders.

The West is stacked. Which drastically decreases the odds of teams making it all the way. Put any team from the top 6 in the West out East, they make it to the conference finals.

The only team to beat San Antonio (reigning West champs) in the playoffs last year other than Miami was the Dubs.

If you're a top 6 team in the entire league. You're a contender. That's just the way I see it. Regular season means diddly anyway.

tredigs
03-16-2014, 12:52 PM
For what it's worth, the Warriors still rank 5th in the league in both the Hollinger Power Rankings and SRS. Rox 3rd in Hollinger, 6th in SRS.

Both feel far too streaky to reach and compete in the finals, though.

Goose17
03-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Both feel far too streaky to reach and compete in the finals, though.

That's sort of my point, neither are "consistent contenders" but both have the ability to get hot and cause a few upsets, I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these teams make it to the conference final, if they get hot at the right time, anything could happen.

Plus people still underrate the Dubs defense, and like the old saying goes...

FOBolous
03-16-2014, 01:47 PM

dude. Warriors fans needs and wants people to think they're contenders. They're insecure. To offer an opinion otherwise is to suffer the wrath of the whole warriors fan base on PSD. Instead of wasting your time talking to them, just let them think what they want to think. Let them think they're contenders, let them think they're better than the Clippers, and let them think every team in the nba fears them regardless of how certain teams have dominated them. I consider doing that a good deed because, other than what's happening now, their team's history has been pathetic.

tredigs
03-16-2014, 02:10 PM
^Well, I'd consider their NBA title better than what's happening for them now, and yourself in general to be a petty troll.

FOBolous
03-16-2014, 02:20 PM
^Well, I'd consider their NBA title better than what's happening for them now, and yourself in general to be a petty troll.

everything i've said, especially in regards to the attitude people from Houston has towards the Warriors, has been true and validated by other Houston fans. you just call me a "troll" because you don't want to believe what i've said is true. you, like other warriors fans, is desperate for acknowledgement from other fan bases about your team. in fact, one of your warrior fan buddy recently created a thread in the main NBA forum trying to fish for compliments about your team. seriously? can you scream "desperate" any louder?

tredigs
03-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Haha, I could care less about acknowledgement for a sports franchise that I like from some random kids online. I'd close this thread if I could, it's just mindless banter from homers on both sides. If you think the Houston fans are any less guilty of it you're blind my man. What you are writing is all the negative generalities (based on probably 3 posters) and none of the context. As I said, you're just a petty troll. We're done here.

lol, please
03-16-2014, 02:47 PM
The good news is, the Warriors will do their talking on the court, like last season. I can't wait til the playoffs, there is little room for excuses after a 7 game series, and the Warriors are built for 7 game series.

I don't think the Warriors should be favored as contenders in the highest sense, but if it were to surprise you that they make it to the finals, you just haven't been paying attention.

Warriors are entering the playoffs with a rejuvenated bench, and healthy starters, I don't think reaching and or surpassing the WCF is that ridiculous of a notion at all. It's been said before, they have been underperforming this season. "Under" is the key part there.

FOBolous
03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Haha, I could care less about acknowledgement for a sports franchise that I like from some random kids online. I'd close this thread if I could, it's just mindless banter from homers on both sides. If you think the Houston fans are any less guilty of it you're blind my man. What you are writing is all the negative generalities (based on probably 3 posters) and none of the context. As I said, you're just a petty troll. We're done here.

lol sure. btw, just wondering, which user bumped this thread from obscurity trying to fish for compliments?

lol, please
03-16-2014, 03:09 PM
The topic came up and it's a valid time to bump the thread, there have been changes made and the playoffs are approaching, do you disagree?

FOBolous
03-16-2014, 03:16 PM
The topic came up and it's a valid time to bump the thread, there have been changes made and the playoffs are approaching, do you disagree?

you should let your team do its talking on the court.

TrueFan420
03-16-2014, 03:24 PM
lol sure. btw, just wondering, which user bumped this thread from obscurity trying to fish for compliments?

Didn't know htownballa was a warrior fan :shrug:

lol, please
03-16-2014, 03:28 PM
you should let your team do its talking on the court.
They will. ;) But this is a discussion forum, I wouldn't be doing my part if I didn't hype them up on my end.

Didn't know htownballa was a warrior fan :shrug:

I bumped it, silly. lol. It's my thread, im subbed to it and will do it again when we beat them in the playoffs.

TrueFan420
03-16-2014, 03:32 PM
They will. ;) But this is a discussion forum, I wouldn't be doing my part if I didn't hype them up on my end.

I bumped it, silly. lol. It's my thread, im subbed to it and will do it again when we beat them in the playoffs.

Just let this thread die dude. Nothing good comes from it. Save it for if/when we see them in the playoffs. Until then it should be locked.

P&GRealist
03-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Give me the Warriors.

Rockets still inconsistent defensively and Howard will collapse come playoff time.

Goose17
03-16-2014, 04:09 PM
dude. Warriors fans needs and wants people to think they're contenders. They're insecure. To offer an opinion otherwise is to suffer the wrath of the whole warriors fan base on PSD. Instead of wasting your time talking to them, just let them think what they want to think. Let them think they're contenders, let them think they're better than the Clippers, and let them think every team in the nba fears them regardless of how certain teams have dominated them. I consider doing that a good deed because, other than what's happening now, their team's history has been pathetic.

You realised he implied that the Clippers AND Houston aren't contenders either, right? He said the top 4 teams are the true contenders, and by winning percentage that would be; San Antonio, Indiana, Oklahoma and Miami.

So if you're agreeing with, you are agreeing that Houston are not true contenders.

And how has our team history been pathetic? We have as many chips under our belt as Houston does, more if you include pre-merger. :)

You must be thinking of recent history right? That's cool.

mightybosstone
03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Jesus Christ.... Who brought this old ****ing thread back up? We've had enough Warriors vs. Rockets nonsense the last few months. Let this **** die until the playoffs!

Goose17
03-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Jesus Christ.... Who brought this old ****ing thread back up? We've had enough Warriors vs. Rockets nonsense the last few months. Let this **** die until the playoffs!

Couldn't agree more^

BoSox47
03-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Warriors in 5 or 6

COOLbeans
03-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Warriors in 5 or 6

Yeah I don't think the Rockets can handle the Warriors

moshy2
03-16-2014, 06:25 PM
dude. Warriors fans needs and wants people to think they're contenders. They're insecure. [B]To offer an opinion otherwise is to suffer the wrath of the whole warriors fan base on PSD[B/]. Instead of wasting your time talking to them, just let them think what they want to think. Let them think they're contenders, let them think they're better than the Clippers, and let them think every team in the nba fears them regardless of how certain teams have dominated them. I consider doing that a good deed because, other than what's happening now, their team's history has been pathetic.

Maybe you should go check out the Warriors forum to see how many Warriors fans there actually are. Let's not generalize

IversonIsKrazy
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Its a legit toss-up imo. I'd give the nod to Warriors tho.

mightybosstone
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Yeah I don't think the Rockets can handle the Warriors

They've handled them pretty well the last two seasons. :shrug:

goku
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM
lol rockets match up pretty well with the warriors and even McHale has out coached mark Warriors wouldn't be going up against a starless Denver team like last yr in the first round

lol, please
03-16-2014, 09:46 PM
lol rockets match up pretty well with the warriors and even McHale has out coached mark Warriors wouldn't be going up against a starless Denver team like last yr in the first round

McHale might be a better coach, some warriors fans want Jackson gone, but please don't downplay last seasons success, Iggy was their star, let's be serious now.

goku
03-16-2014, 10:46 PM
McHale might be a better coach, some warriors fans want Jackson gone, but please don't downplay last seasons success, Iggy was their star, let's be serious now.

iggy isn't a star

BoSox47
03-16-2014, 11:07 PM
iggy isn't a star

he said iggy was THEIR star didnt say he was a star. Theres a difference.

goku
03-17-2014, 12:14 AM
he said iggy was THEIR star didnt say he was a star. Theres a difference.

not saying much ....

Monta is beast
03-17-2014, 12:31 AM
He wasn't trying to say anything

rhino17
03-17-2014, 02:54 AM
I think most rockets fans would HOPE to play golden state in the first round. I think it would be our easiest potential matchup. Rockets in 5 pretty easily. They've generally had little trouble with the warriors the past 2 seasons

Lol, iggy was the #3 or #4 option in Denver, got news for ya

lol, please
04-14-2014, 12:38 AM
Warriors and Portland, everyone wants to play them first because many team match up well against them. Does anyone disagree? The Warriors will be healthy, we even get Ezeli back, we should be favored in a series.

COOLbeans
04-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Blazers wanted the Rockets in a bad way

FOBolous
04-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Oh god. Why has this thread been revived? are dubs fans so butthurt about losing to Portland that they're trying to troll to feel better? To my fellow rockets fans, dont let dubs fans troll you by replying. Plus they do a great job of making themselves look dumb already. Let them crash and burn by themselves. Don't sink to their level. Sinking to their level = looking as dumb as them.

49ersLALSFGiant
04-14-2014, 01:12 AM
If the Rockets play the Blazers in the first round, Portland will give them a run for their money, I honestly think the Blazers would win in 6-7. The most intriguing first round series to me would be if the dubs play the Clippers. I've been hoping for that first round match up, those two teams hate each other, it would be an epic series that goes 7.

Edit: to answer the question, if the dubs play the Rockets I think the Rockets win rather easily

BenFrank
04-14-2014, 01:40 AM
So when this thread was started people was severely Underrating the Rockets and Overrating the Warriors.. O' wait, people are still doing that... O'well :shrug:

COOLbeans
04-14-2014, 01:42 AM
The op's question wasn't who would have a higher seed in the west.

goku
04-14-2014, 01:58 AM

who care they not playing in the playoffs this year kill the thread already worry about the clippers now

jerellh528
04-14-2014, 02:50 AM
If both teams completely healthy, gimme the warriors. Curry will be the difference maker.

DitchDat
04-14-2014, 06:32 AM
I think the Warriors might just have the right personnel to slow down Harden+Howard. I say Dubs, but it would be a close series.

tr3ymill3r
04-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Doesn't matter now, and if Bogut is hurt yet again the Warriors will lose in 5 to the Clippers or Thunder.

SouthSideRookie
04-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Blazers wanted the Rockets in a bad way

Funny thing is if you go to other sports forums you'll see Houston and Clipps fans wanting to play GS.

So when this thread was started people was severely Underrating the Rockets and Overrating the Warriors.. O' wait, people are still doing that... O'well :shrug:

Im guessing this false notion comes from seeing Steph and Klay draining 3s left and right vs other teams and they automatically assume they'll do that versus Houston.

A ton of NBA fans are still under a false belief the Warriors are a legitimate contender due to the hype from last seasons playoffs. What people are completely ignoring is that the Rockets have the personnel to slow down Splash Bros. Beverly seems to play about as good defense on Curry than anyone I've seen, Houston also has a 6' 9" small forward that they can put on Klay to at least bother his shot, why do you think Splash Bros doesn't really happen vs Houston. If anyone doesn't believe this check out the statistics for the season series, never mind the records.

Not only are the Rockets higher in the standings with a better overall record, but they've beaten the Warriors in the season series h2h, two straight years. What more evidence is needed for people to realize this team isn't better than the Rockets.

Lol sure

If both teams completely healthy, gimme the warriors. Curry will be the difference maker.

Read post above and start paying attention to h2h match ups. Their excuse was that Iggy wasn't playing in the first 2 games. Well he was active in the third meeting and Harden lit them up for 39. It took OT for the Warriors to beat the Rockets who were playing on the 2nd of a back to back.

I think the Warriors might just have the right personnel to slow down Harden+Howard. I say Dubs, but it would be a close series.
It works both ways.

Doesn't matter now, and if Bogut is hurt yet again the Warriors will lose in 5 to the Clippers or Thunder.

GS is currently a team that can get hot for one series and maybe upset a true contender, but that's about it.

kdspurman
04-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Doesn't look like this particular match-up is going to happen now, and the direction this thread is heading probably won't end well. Let's wait till the standings are finalized and we can discuss each match-up if need be.