PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden to South Beach

MiamiBoy77
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9533451/former-no-1-pick-greg-oden-sign-miami-heat

Lets GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

4milesperday
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
am drunk....mistakenly mixed Rum 75.5%alcohol with coke. I have now lost 12 games in a row on fifa 2012 but there's good news, I slept at the holiday inn, oops, I meant Greg oden signed with the Miami Heat.

SteBO
08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Riley does it again.....

Rain 816
08-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Sacrifice!!!!! Something only The Miami Heat know something about.... I love this team

ATX
08-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Awesome. Let's hope he can stay healthy and resume his once promising career.

Master Mind
08-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Oden becomes the 3rd former #1 overall pick to join the Heat (Shaq and LeBron being the other two. Both in which have rings with the Heat) Keep the streak alive Greg.

Laker Legend42
08-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Riley does it again.....

Was it a hard sell? This is a GREAT!!! Pickup for Miami. The more minutes he plays the fewer minutes out of position for Chris Bosch. CB4 should be more effective .

SportsFanatic10
08-03-2013, 01:18 AM
YES!!! great news to come home to, i was nervous just now as i checked. :dance2:

Kyben36
08-03-2013, 01:38 AM
now, im not trying to biat here, but do any miami fans have worries for Oden, I mean, there are stories that he became a drunk and im questioning whether or not miami is the place to be for a "recovering alcoholic"

also, I love oden, hope the best for him, and think that if he can pull it together and most importantly stay healthy, he can be the best Center in the league, however, does anyone else have a stench of eddy curry on this one. I remember how heat fans got excited over him when he came, thinking he could pull it back together, however, after winning a ring, he is back at miky Ds flippin burgers LOL.

Heater4life
08-03-2013, 02:08 AM
now, im not trying to biat here, but do any miami fans have worries for Oden, I mean, there are stories that he became a drunk and im questioning whether or not miami is the place to be for a "recovering alcoholic"

also, I love oden, hope the best for him, and think that if he can pull it together and most importantly stay healthy, he can be the best Center in the league, however, does anyone else have a stench of eddy curry on this one. I remember how heat fans got excited over him when he came, thinking he could pull it back together, however, after winning a ring, he is back at miky Ds flippin burgers LOL.

As far as character issues, im personally not concerned. I can understand how 20 something year old can become depressed and frustrated with chronic knee problems possibly derailing his career. What makes this different from Eddy Curry for me is A) Oden has legitimate size, much more so the Curry B) Oden is still very young C) Although Curry's talent did not pan out (major defensive lapses) Miami definitely got him back into playing shape.

Its simple for Greg Oden in Miami. Can you stay healthy and simply be present? If yes, do you have enough mobility remaining to make defensive rotations? If he can just do those two things for Miami, everything else will fall into place given his size. Birdman perfectly illustrated that last season.

Jtirado16
08-03-2013, 02:10 AM
He just has to stay Healthy!

Kyben36
08-03-2013, 03:33 AM
As far as character issues, im personally not concerned. I can understand how 20 something year old can become depressed and frustrated with chronic knee problems possibly derailing his career. What makes this different from Eddy Curry for me is A) Oden has legitimate size, much more so the Curry B) Oden is still very young C) Although Curry's talent did not pan out (major defensive lapses) Miami definitely got him back into playing shape.

Its simple for Greg Oden in Miami. Can you stay healthy and simply be present? If yes, do you have enough mobility remaining to make defensive rotations? If he can just do those two things for Miami, everything else will fall into place given his size. Birdman perfectly illustrated that last season.

I disagree on the size coment, and ill give you the other two, however, while I really hope he can come back healthy, for his sake, I really just cant see it happening, I mean, his last knee injury was an unprovoked injury when he just went strait up to block a shot. I just cant see in my mind him being able to stay healthy, I hope im wrong though, not a bad gamble for you guys though, he surely could turn out to be a steal, like you said, all the hast to do is stay healthy, he knows how to play defense, he is surely skilled enough offensivly ( still think it was amazing in college how he played with a broken hand, and was shooting FTs left handed ) but there is just one big if, his health.

unleashthebeast
08-03-2013, 04:08 AM
This makes me so happy guys, UAENO :laugh2:

Good work Riles!

MiamiBoy77
08-03-2013, 11:54 AM

But don't you think that that's where a guy like Birdman can come In?

Slug3
08-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I disagree on the size coment, and ill give you the other two, however, while I really hope he can come back healthy, for his sake, I really just cant see it happening, I mean, his last knee injury was an unprovoked injury when he just went strait up to block a shot. I just cant see in my mind him being able to stay healthy, I hope im wrong though, not a bad gamble for you guys though, he surely could turn out to be a steal, like you said, all the hast to do is stay healthy, he knows how to play defense, he is surely skilled enough offensivly ( still think it was amazing in college how he played with a broken hand, and was shooting FTs left handed ) but there is just one big if, his health.

We got him for the min so it's a low risk move. He most likely can't do anything the same and could get injured again. We won without him before so if we have to go down that road again we still have a shot. But if he does stay healthy, he can really help our rebounding and size and that's what hurts Miami the most.

DQL
08-03-2013, 01:21 PM
good signing. I have low hopes on him but at that price it's a no-risk move. definitely better than having Pittman taking up a roster spot.

I can see the Heat now cut Varnado's non-guaranteed contract and spend the money instead on a combo guard (Dooling for example).

I don't keep track of the team's financial status. They may or may not still need to dump Anthony's contract. In the former case, they would need a veteran replacement. We were lucky last year that nobody got hurt and the lack of depth in the frontcourt was not exposed. There's a slim chance Oden can stay injury-free throughout the season. I hope Arison is not super cheap and pays to keep Anthony as an insurance.

lavilevi23
08-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Dynasty!!!!

beasted86
08-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I hope he can revive his career and provide a positive impact for us, even if it ends up only being a 1yr rental.

MiamiBoy77
08-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Dynasty!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Meanwhile, my friend from ChiTown texted me today "oden for 2 years? Means he will be there 1 year after Lebron!"

rocketfuel
08-04-2013, 04:32 AM
They should just save him as an extra weapon for the playoffs like Mike Miller. Adding Oden means they have 4 guys that were top 5 picks. He's being asked to do what are strictly within his wheelhouse--block shots, defend, finish strong around the rim, his defense would lead to fast breaks. It would also allow Birdman to play versus backup centers rather than Hibbert and have Bosh and Halsem play their natural positions. They could have a very talented and versatile starting five to go along with excellent reserves in Allen, Battier and Birdman coming off the bench.

Underdogz∞
08-04-2013, 01:30 PM
If Oden can just be average at Center the Heat will 3peat

gotoHcarolina52
08-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Oden will wear #20, his number at Ohio State

http://instagram.com/p/cuGY3HkMpj/