PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m
It sounds like Greg Oden has made his free agency decision. Announcement coming soon.

Aust
08-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Who has he worked out for?

mortizgarcia
08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Probably joining the Heat, I doubt he starts more than 10 games next season though no matter who he signs with

StriveGreatness
08-02-2013, 05:31 PM
I hope the Pistons swooped in at the last minute. Arnie Kander could help turn his career around. Did it with Dyess.

cvietti23
08-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Heat, Pelicans, Kings, Spurs, and Mavericks I think

Legendary33
08-02-2013, 05:33 PM
hopefully New Orleans or the spurs

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 05:34 PM
better be miami

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, Twitter is filled with sightings of Oden over Miami. One was linked by a guy who has Mike Miller and the Miami Heat official account as followers, he was sighted at Wellmax Wellness Center (franchise in Miami.) What confuses me is why would we not send him to Dr. Harlen Selesnick (Miami Heat team physician) at his hospital for his primary job? MIA is not too far from the AAA. There's Jackson Memorial Hospital and Mt. Sinai in Miami Beach, but I guess we want to protect his privacy by sending him to a clinic. Dan Lebatard show said Leon Medical Center based off what texters texting into the show.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:37 PM
The Mavs shouldn't even be a suitor for Oden because of the backlog at center. The Spurs have a nice bench and have Duncan and Splitter starting. He can replace Dejaun Blair, but no point sitting on a bench for him. He can start for Miami. New Orleans is just a money option and not a title contender. So Miami is the heads on favorite and he will be wearing a Heat jersey next season.

GoPacers33
08-02-2013, 05:38 PM
He went to my high schoolso i want him to do good but i just simply cannot root for him if he goes to Miami. Im to big of a Pacers fan

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 05:39 PM
the only thing im worried about is he said he doesn't want any pressure

Red Hot Rolllin
08-02-2013, 05:40 PM
zero pressure in Miami

seems like an easy choice, but it is Greg Oden

kdspurman
08-02-2013, 05:42 PM
The Mavs shouldn't even be a suitor for Oden because of the backlog at center. The Spurs have a nice bench and have Duncan and Splitter starting. He can replace Dejaun Blair, but no point sitting on a bench for him. He can start for Miami. New Orleans is just a money option and not a title contender. So Miami is the heads on favorite and he will be wearing a Heat jersey next season.

Doubtful he would start for Miami with Bosh & Anderson no? And I honestly doubt he wants that kind of pressure already. (spotlight much brighter there)

Regarding the Spurs, they will ease him into the rotation. He can learn from one of the best bigs in the history of the game, and play for a coach/organization who values resting their stars and keeping them fresh. Showing Duncan at his age still able to do what he's doing and seeing how Pop limits minutes, is one of the big selling points from the Spurs to him.

To say Miami is the heads on favorite is just not true. From a basketball decision perspective, I think the Spurs would make the most sense. (since the Suns aren't an option with their training staff)

That said, I would not be surprised at all if he picked Miami lol.

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Lebron
Wade
Battier
Bosh
Oden

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:43 PM
the only thing im worried about is he said he doesn't want any pressure

Didn't he want Miami in 2010/2011 to begin with? I think people forget that fact. It is a perfect marriage since Miami needs a 5 and Oden wants a ring.

JeffG20
08-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Oden liked Monty alot when they were both in Portland and Greg apparently doesn't like the spotlight all that much (besides this decision lol)

i think Miami and NO are the finalist

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Didn't he want Miami in 2010/2011 to begin with? I think people forget that fact. It is a perfect marriage since Miami needs a 5 and Oden wants a ring.

i wish more players were like that but most of the players in the league dont give a **** about winning a ring as long as they get their money(which i cant hate but still)

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Doubtful he would start for Miami with Bosh & Anderson no? And I honestly doubt he wants that kind of pressure already.

Regarding the Spurs, they will ease him into the rotation. He can learn from one of the best bigs in the history of the game, and play for a coach/organization who values resting their stars and keeping them fresh. Showing Duncan at his age still able to do what he's doing and seeing how Pop limits minutes, is one of the big selling points from the Spurs to him.

To say Miami is the heads on favorite is just not true. From a basketball decision perspective, I think the Spurs would make the most sense. (since the Suns aren't an option with their training staff)

That said, I would not be surprised at all if he picked Miami lol.

Andersen will be off the bench. Most of us on the Heat board feel that Oden would start for Miami if healthy. Bosh moves to his natural position at the 4 since he doesn't want to bang with Hibbert, Chandler, etc and he can reserve more energy for rebounding vs a PF. I wish we could've signed Reggie Evans off the bench, though.

kdspurman
08-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Andersen will be off the bench. Most of us on the Heat board feel that Oden would start for Miami if healthy. Bosh moves to his natural position at the 4 since he doesn't want to bang with Hibbert, Chandler, etc and he can reserve more energy for rebounding vs a PF. I wish we could've signed Reggie Evans off the bench, though.

I guess no one knows that but the Heat organization. I just didn't think he'd come right in and start, I've seen several tweets that he wants to be eased in without that kind of pressure.

Ryan328
08-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I have been leaning towards New Orleans...I think its between them and Miami.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I guess no one knows that but the Heat organization. I just didn't think he'd come right in and start, I've seen several tweets that he wants to be eased in without that kind of pressure.

That can happen here too. You guys have seen Spo tinker with his lineups quite a bit? San Antonio should be able to land a C to replace Blair somewhere else, so it is not all or nothing on Oden. Likewise on the Heat too.

greg_ory_2005
08-02-2013, 05:54 PM
The Decision: Part 2 :drool:

kdspurman
08-02-2013, 05:56 PM
That can happen here too. You guys have seen Spo tinker with his lineups quite a bit? San Antonio should be able to land a C to replace Blair somewhere else, so it is not all or nothing on Oden. Likewise on the Heat too.

Spurs already have a Blair replacement in Pendergraph. (though I expect him to see more court time than Blair did)

It's not about a Blair replacement with Oden anyway for the Spurs. I know Spo can tinker with his lineups, but I wouldn't call putting Oden in the starting lineup of one of the most watched/hated teams in NBA history easing him in.

Now I never heard Oden say those exact words, they were reports of that . So i'm just basing it off that.

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 06:14 PM
no way he went to the mavs

Max.This
08-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Even if he comes back he needs time to get acclimated to NBA games. He'll probably be rusty for a while. He should go to phoenix so their medical staff can oversee his injuries

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 06:15 PM
guess he wanted the money more

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 06:17 PM
I refuse to believe that the Mavs got him unless Woj tweets it or someone of note.

Max.This
08-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Alex kennedy "The teams that are in the running for Greg Oden haven't been informed of his decision yet. The executives are waiting just like we are."....

as of 2 mins ago

Wade n Fade
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 1m
The teams that are in the running for Greg Oden haven't been informed of his decision yet. The executives are waiting just like we are.

Wade n Fade
Oh crap, Max beat me to it in a matter of seconds.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM

You really think a ring is his main priority right now?

ryang
08-02-2013, 06:23 PM

He should want a ring. Miami is perfect for him. We don't need him but we can give him a try.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 06:25 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/greg-oden-wants-play-miami-heat-231737628.html

In 2012, but he has interest in the Heat. If he didn't want a ring, San Antonio or Miami wouldn't be on that list.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 06:27 PM
He should want a ring. Miami is perfect for him. We don't need him but we can give him a try.

I'm sure he does. But that doesn't mean Miami is the right place for him. In his situation, proving to himself and others that he can stay on the court is most important, he doesn't need a situation like Miami to do that.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 06:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/greg-oden-wants-play-miami-heat-231737628.html

In 2012, but he has interest in the Heat. If he didn't want a ring, San Antonio or Miami wouldn't be on that list.

And the other teams....? My point is that he doesn't need to play for a contender, he just needs to play. I'm not saying he won't, or shouldn't, sign with the Heat. Just that if he doesn't, it's not a money grab.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Well, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Dallas are the others in the mix. None of those teams are title contenders. NOP has a nice core going, but not enough to go all the way. Atlanta has Teague and Millsap, which is not a title contender. Dallas is backlogged at center and is not a title contender despite making some good moves.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Well, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Dallas are the others in the mix. None of those teams are title contenders. NOP has a nice core going, but not enough to go all the way. Atlanta has Teague and Millsap, which is not a title contender. Dallas is backlogged at center and is not a title contender despite making some good moves.

I know, that's my point. He obviously isn't only considering contending teams so winning a chip isn't necessarily his deciding factor, nor should it be in my opinion.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Odens main priority might not be a championship. If i were his agent it would be to stabilize his NBA career. In his position a championship should be secondary to getting his career on track. EddyCurry has an NBA championship and is now in China.
Going to Miami would likely confirm his washed-up ness. As many players go to lebrons team for their career to die.

ATX
08-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Odens main priority might not be a championship. If i were his agent it would be to stabilize his NBA career. In his position a championship should be secondary to getting his career on track. EddyCurry has an NBA championship and is now in China.
Going to Miami would likely confirm his washed-up ness. As many players go to lebrons team for their career to die.

Completely different situation here.

kdspurman
08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I just talked to Mike Conley, agent for Greg Oden. Gave some details on Oden such as when he'll make decision, etc.

--Conley said Oden still plans to be make his decision tonight but nothing is super imminent since he has a call with a team around 6:45 p.m. So the decision could still be a few hours away.

--Conley said the Miami Heat are still very much in the mix.

--Of the six teams that are involved, Conley wouldn't give specifics but said "some he's leaning toward more than others.'' Those teams are Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Atlanta, New Orleans and Sacramento.

--Asked if Oden told him he'll make his decision tonight, Conley said, "We're talking about it.'' Then reiterated it will get done tonight.

http://sulia.com/channel/miami-heat/f/a27adcd2-8eae-4cab-8aa9-25590ccbc094

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Completely different situation here.

I didnt say they ere exactly the same, but pretty much every player to decide to play with lebrons team has declined. With the exception of Mo Williams who he was quick to ditch.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Just because a 25 yr old going to Miami doesn't mean he is washed up. Does Tarrell Harris signing with the Heat mean he is washed up? No, it does not. Eddy Curry is a different story. He came in weighing around 300 lbs and had to lose a lot of weight. The guy never had talent when he came to Miami. He is doing well in China, though. Did Mario Chalmers have to resign with Miami? No, he didn't. He wanted to stay and have fun with winning rings in the process. He has taken a lot of crap from the Big 3, and he could go elsewhere and get double figures on another roster. He chose to stay because he is a great fit where can wait for wide open looks for threes. He doesn't need to be a primary ball handler and make sure he sets up people. Wade and Lebron are the facilitators on offense.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Just because a 25 yr old going to Miami doesn't mean he is washed up. Does Tarrell Harris signing with the Heat mean he is washed up? No, it does not. Eddy Curry is a different story. He came in weighing around 300 lbs and had to lose a lot of weight. The guy never had talent when he came to Miami. He is doing well in China, though. Did Mario Chalmers have to resign with Miami? No, he didn't. He wanted to stay and have fun with winning rings in the process. He has taken a lot of crap from the Big 3, and he could go elsewhere and get double figures on another roster. He chose to stay because he is a great fit where can wait for wide open looks for threes. He doesn't need to be a primary ball handler and make sure he sets up people. Wade and Lebron are the facilitators on offense.

Chalmers didn't re-sign, he opted-in. Tarrell Harris is irrelevant. The Heat are in the same situation as the Knicks and Nets financially. They have limited cap room and assets to make big moves so they are forced into taking risks and/or filling the roster out with vet min contracts.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Its just my opinion that Oden, who is trying to get a fresh start would avoid going to a team that is one of the most heavily rooted against in the world. This isnt fair to Heat fans, but it is a reality that Oden becomes a villian by joining Miami. Which is not the best MOJO while trying to conduct a minor medical miracle.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Chalmers didn't re-sign, he opted-in. Tarrell Harris is irrelevant. The Heat are in the same situation as the Knicks and Nets financially. They have limited cap room and assets to make big moves so they are forced into taking risks and/or filling the roster out with vet min contracts.

Ok, but still proves my point of going elsewhere. If someone opts in under a player option, they get to choose their faith.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Ok, but still proves my point of going elsewhere. If someone opts in under a player option, they get to choose their faith.

One player doesn't make your point, especially one that was already there.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Its just my opinion that Oden, who is trying to get a fresh start would avoid going to a team that is one of the most heavily rooted against in the world. This isnt fair to Heat fans, but it is a reality that Oden becomes a villian by joining Miami. Which is not the best MOJO while trying to conduct a minor medical miracle.

Nah, Dwight took the #1 villain role. People root more for Lebron than Dwight and ESPN posted a story about Lebron becoming the #1 popular player in the league. And it is not a minor medical miracle, he's trying to make a huge come back. People will not hate on Oden as much.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 07:51 PM
My point was that Chalmers didn't have to return. He could've gone elsewhere. You are saying each player that comes to Miami is washed up. And when I told you about a young guy, you dismiss it. Ok, most of our players are aging vets, I will give you that. Myck Kabongo might sign with the Heat or get stashed away in Europe. Did he have to go with Miami? No, Toronto would've worked out too.

Vikingfan84
08-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Is it me, or does Greg Oden's twitter say he's South Beach bound?

lowdown32
08-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Even a broken center/Alcoholic plays diana Ross (the OG diva) on the internet

HesterJordan23
08-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I will do my best to help the heat 3peat!! I promise u guys!! #countonoden
2:48pm - 2 Aug 13

Oden to heat

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 08:11 PM
My point was that Chalmers didn't have to return. He could've gone elsewhere. You are saying each player that comes to Miami is washed up. And when I told you about a young guy, you dismiss it. Ok, most of our players are aging vets, I will give you that. Myck Kabongo might sign with the Heat or get stashed away in Europe. Did he have to go with Miami? No, Toronto would've worked out too.

I never said that, actually. I was just making sure you knew that young players don't tend to want to end up on teams like Miami that have their rotations set. Most of the time they want PT. Oden is a different situation, which is why Miami is even in the conversation. But Miami isn't a place young guys are racing to since they can't pay them much either.

Kabongo was an undrafted FA who might get a chance out of Summer League. Anywhere would have worked for him, he doesn't have a job. These are the same things the Knicks are doing.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I will do my best to help the heat 3peat!! I promise u guys!! #countonoden
2:48pm - 2 Aug 13

Oden to heat
https://twitter.com/OdenGreg
From this guy with only 141 followers? Ive never been in the nba and i have more followers. That might not be him.

IversonIsKrazy
08-02-2013, 08:17 PM
What better for a guy with his potential to be coached by Pop & mentored by Timmy??

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 08:18 PM
This setup feels like a Miami based decision. The predetermined deadline with some sort of prime time announcement.

HesterJordan23
08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
https://twitter.com/OdenGreg
From this guy with only 141 followers? Ive never been in the nba and i have more followers. That might not be him.

Your right I didn't look at that. I don't have a twitter so you can call me a newb

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I never said that, actually. I was just making sure you knew that young players don't tend to want to end up on teams like Miami that have their rotations set. Most of the time they want PT. Oden is a different situation, which is why Miami is even in the conversation. But Miami isn't a place young guys are racing to since they can't pay them much either.

Kabongo was an undrafted FA who might get a chance out of Summer League. Anywhere would have worked for him, he doesn't have a job. These are the same things the Knicks are doing.

Sometimes it is not money, rather an opportunity. If you are a young guy, minutes are huge want. When you look at our younger assets, Norris Cole gets the most PT while the other guys are getting paid to do nothing (Jarvis Varnardo). When we are preparing to retain Lebron and build around him, money will free up because Wade and Bosh aren't getting near max deals again. If Lebron signs up on a max deal, Bosh on a 8 mill per yr deal, 6 mill for Wade, that gives some room for another player. I would love to get an Andrew Bogut or someone with great abilities. Ronnie Brewer to Miami could occur, to go back to the original point. He's not an old guy and he is a good defender and a decent shooter. He has been playing on title contenders for the last several years: Chicago, NYK, and OKC.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 08:29 PM
This setup feels like a Miami based decision. The predetermined deadline with some sort of prime time announcement.

Still have some ill will because of the Decision, a show that raised money for charity? We didn't do a huge prime time announcement for Ray Allen signing down here. People need to forgive and forget. Can't dwell on the past in something that's suppossed to be a hobby rather than a matter of altering moments in life. I cannot fathom why people can literally take time out of their day to hold grudges. It's unhealthy. Rasheed Wallace was a dbag when he flagrant fouled Wade in the ECF's in 05, but I never dwell on it daily saying what could've happened. Sure, I dislike Kobe, but I don't have any ill will towards any athlete myself unless they are someone like Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez is a murderer based on the evidence we have seen in the media.

ragee
08-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I am a big fan of Oden but for a guy who hasn't played in thebleague for years, this kind of suspense and hype is kind of ridiculous! Let us know already! Lol

I want the Mavs to get him but even if he doesn't go to Dallas, I just hope he can finally be healthy and show the NBA what he is capable of.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Still have some ill will because of the Decision, a show that raised money for charity? We didn't do a huge prime time announcement for Ray Allen signing down here. People need to forgive and forget. Can't dwell on the past in something that's suppossed to be a hobby rather than a matter of altering moments in life. I cannot fathom why people can literally take time out of their day to hold grudges. It's unhealthy. Rasheed Wallace was a dbag when he flagrant fouled Wade in the ECF's in 05, but I never dwell on it daily saying what could've happened. Sure, I dislike Kobe, but I don't have any ill will towards any athlete myself unless they are someone like Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez is a murderer based on the evidence we have seen in the media.

iF I humiliate and tear out the heart of milions of people on national tv but say its for charity does that make it ok?

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the suspense is too much. Well, Dallas is out of the question imo since there is a backlog at C. Well, now is his time to shine. If he can even put up 8 and 8 anywhere, that would be good for him. His potential to be good is what I think he has going for him.

sunsfan88
08-02-2013, 08:37 PM
He's going to Miami. Only players that want to go to the Heatdo this big anticipated announcement BS.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 08:44 PM
iF I humiliate and tear out the heart of milions of people on national tv but say its for charity does that make it ok?

Honestly, I never had a problem with "The Decision." Sure, he could've just said his decision to Riley and then it becomes a leaked story, but he did it for charity and he is not as brash as before. If someone is brash in how they practice their public demeanor, it doesn't mean we have to drill these people. As a society, we hold athletes to crazy standards. If someone like Brandon Aybadejo speaks for gay marriage reform, it doesn't mean they should be drilled or lose a job over it. It was a business decision and people need to cherish the moments because they don't last forever. If Wade left in 2010, I would've thanked him for his tenure with the Heat. Shaq left Miami in bad way even though he was traded. He was very defiant. Melo forced a trade from Denver. Dwight forced a trade from Orlando. Lebron leaves as a free agent and the world goes crazy. People need to grow up. If Lebron leaves Miami ( I say not happening), I wouldn't burn his jersey. I would be thankful for 2 championships at least. Call me crazy if you want, but that's my opinion. Not everyone has to be a hate monger. I still have a ton of Heat history to be thankful for. I grew in the Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Eddie House, Tim Hardaway era as a child and now as a 20 yr old, I know how to separate childhood stuff and the cold reality of a business. Sure, people could cry when Wayne Gretzky leaves from Edmonton (I know someone who did cry and they were an adult at the time), but people cannot have ill will lasting for awhile. Burning a jersey is not really a great idea imo.

KnickaBocka.44
08-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Sometimes it is not money, rather an opportunity. If you are a young guy, minutes are huge want. When you look at our younger assets, Norris Cole gets the most PT while the other guys are getting paid to do nothing (Jarvis Varnardo). When we are preparing to retain Lebron and build around him, money will free up because Wade and Bosh aren't getting near max deals again. If Lebron signs up on a max deal, Bosh on a 8 mill per yr deal, 6 mill for Wade, that gives some room for another player. I would love to get an Andrew Bogut or someone with great abilities. Ronnie Brewer to Miami could occur, to go back to the original point. He's not an old guy and he is a good defender and a decent shooter. He has been playing on title contenders for the last several years: Chicago, NYK, and OKC.

Ronnie Brewer is a horrific shooter, you clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about. He didn't play at all for OKC after he was traded there and he wasn't very good at all for the Knicks outside of the first 2 weeks.

I know exactly what the Heat's cap situation is. It still has nothing to do with my point, and Norris Cole was drafted by them, not signed as a FA. So, I'm still waiting...

You are also absolutely out of your mind if you think Bosh will come back for 8 and Wade will come back for 6

Lakers + Giants
08-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Does it really matter where he goes? He'll just get injured again.

4milesperday
08-02-2013, 08:51 PM
When someone is holding out this long, it's usualy because they want a sign and trade from their previous team but Oden hasn't been under contract in a minute. Anyone that offers him more than 2 million/year is stupid. He wants money, not about the team IMO.

sunsfan88
08-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Bosh and Wade won't get better offers than that elsewhere. Especially for Wade, he probably wouldn't mind to continue to build his legacy in Miami and retire as being a Heat his whole career with many rings due to the help of LeBron.

4milesperday
08-02-2013, 08:52 PM
What are your thoughts? just reported

Ryan328
08-02-2013, 08:53 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Sources close to process tell ESPN that Greg Oden has agreed to two-year minimum deal with Miami Heat with player option in Year 2

TeamSeattle
08-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Good luck finding whats left in his knees Miami.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Ronnie Brewer is a horrific shooter, you clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about. He didn't play at all for OKC after he was traded there and he wasn't very good at all for the Knicks outside of the first 2 weeks.

I know exactly what the Heat's cap situation is. It still has nothing to do with my point, and Norris Cole was drafted by them, not signed as a FA. So, I'm still waiting...

You are also absolutely out of your mind if you think Bosh will come back for 8 and Wade will come back for 6

Do you think a GM will pay them close to max money based off their age? Wade is nowhere near max money and we all know that. Wade would come back for cheaper because he has shown loyalty to the Heat. Bosh is worth $7-$8 mill according to most analysts. One commentator comes to mind when I also mention that fact. A good portion of my comments would be supported by Colin Cowherd. Ronnie Brewer is a 49.2% shooter for his career. I said decent, not amazing. I said Norris Cole gets minutes and that's not enough for him, so it discourages young guys from coming if they get no PT. Read the full post instead of quick glances. If Varnardo gets no PT, what makes another young guy would get PT? If someone has something to prove, they would sign with a team that will give them a good chance.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2991/ronnie-brewer

akesh99
08-02-2013, 09:00 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Sources close to process tell ESPN that Greg Oden has agreed to two-year minimum deal with Miami Heat with player option in Year 2

Bad move on his part if true.

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

JNA17
08-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Low risk high reward for the Heat here. Chances are, the guy will just get injured again the next 2 or 3 games he plays and we will never hear of him again, or he could turn out to be the 5 the Heat needs to be as the guy who does the dirty work. Like a Perkins from the Celtics sort of speak. But that's only best case scenario.

So....eh? XD

UPRock
08-02-2013, 09:02 PM
So he signed with Miami, I really didn't expect that.

Iron24th
08-02-2013, 09:03 PM
If it's a brandon roy comeback 2.0, it will be a fail, but if he's healthy miami got his C to make a possible threepeat.

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 09:05 PM
if he can stay healthy hes a steal

TeamSeattle
08-02-2013, 09:05 PM
If it's a brandon roy comeback 2.0, it will be a fail, but if he's healthy miami got his C to make a possible threepeat.

Basically. There is nothing to be excited about here and Brandon Roy's knees were in the exact same position and you seen how long he lasted.

Wade n Fade
08-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Basically. There is nothing to be excited about here and Brandon Roy's knees were in the exact same position and you seen how long he lasted.

Well, we still have our Mini MLE to go spend on a FA. This is not a huge risk. Oden will be eased in. I look forward to seeing him in the preseason scrimmage and preseason games. Maybe opening night vs Chicago, but I doubt he will see a ton of minutes then.

MTL_123
08-02-2013, 09:08 PM
if he can stay healthy play some defense and grab a few rebounds hes a perfect c for our team

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Lol at everyone already discarding any possibility of him being remotely capable of helping this team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, we still have our Mini MLE to go spend on a FA. This is not a huge risk. Oden will be eased in. I look forward to seeing him in the preseason scrimmage and preseason games. Maybe opening night vs Chicago, but I doubt he will see a ton of minutes then.

i doubt we use it

hidalgo
08-02-2013, 09:10 PM
sadly, I think he'll only play about 26 games tops before he gets injured again. dude is made of glass. very very thin glass

I just can not for the life of me, picture him making it through the season & the playoffs with any kind of decent minutes whatsoever. he'll have no impact, before he injures himself again (hope i'm wrong though)

I think they should give him a ton of regular season games off on purpose. maybe 40 games tops, 15min per game. (test him more with 25 min per towards the last month of the year, & if that goes well, give him 20-25 min per in the playoffs). still think this only has about a 4% shot of working out decently

shep33
08-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Can't argue with the signing at the minimum, but I mean this dude has not played NBA basketball in like 3 years.

Interested to see where he's at physically.

shep33
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Good signing, but I think people expecting him to give Miami a double-double every night are probably off.

3 microfracture surgeries already. Also hasn't played in 3 years

Sixerlover
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah the Brandon Roy talk from last season makes a lot of sense. But if they did find a way to get him in 30+ regular season games and some clutch postseason minutes.. Oh man

Dade County
08-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I think everyone in their heart of hearts, that Oden will make a come back, and it will be one of the best comeback stories ever.

Like I stated in a thread a while ago, Oden will win a ring before KD :) lol

lowdown32
08-02-2013, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ynhyeepPc

greg oden six months from today

naps
08-02-2013, 09:22 PM
So we are replacing Juwan Howard with Greg Oden? Sounds like a upgrade to me. Anything is an upgrade over Juwan Howard for the 15th spot. If Oden can play 12-15 mins a game that'll be a huge huge bonus for us. If he can't well it doesn't hurt at all. Our 12 to 15th men never see PT anyway.

naps
08-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I love the sudden hate on Oden already here. Like I said, Miami got nothing to lose here. If he can play it's just an added bonus for the 2 time defending champs.