PDA

View Full Version : Which team is most capable of dethroning the Miami Heat in 2014?

JordansBulls
08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Which team is most capable of dethroning the Miami Heat in 2014?

FOBolous
08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
any team with a quality center...that seems to be Miami's kryptonite.

I Rock Shaqs
08-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Well if you watched any of the Indiana vs Heat playoff series it would have to be them, and you have to put into recognition even if there is a team in the West that would beat them in a 7 game series in the Finals, the fact is getting out of the West is probably much harder.

Ryan328
08-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Chicago and/or Indiana. Indiana took them to seven last year and just added CJ Watson, Chris Copeland and Luis Scola. Chicago absolutely...if they can stay healthy, which as we know is a big if.

kdspurman
08-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Spurs, Bulls, & Indy.

Knick_Fever
08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Pacers, Nets, Bulls, Spurs, Rockets, Clips, Dubs, Thunder all have a realistic shot.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I honestly think OKC makes it back to the Finals again this season, so I'll go with them. Out of the East, I would go with the Bulls.

SINCESTARBURY25
08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Knicks, Nets, Pistons

XerxestheGreat
08-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I'd like to see Warriors as a choice, instead of the Lakers.... and this is coming from a Laker fan.

chitownredbulls
08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Sacramento kings!!!

Dade County
08-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Nets or OKC... The Nets are the unknown ( and I like that ), and OKC would have been in the finals over the Spurs if West did get hurt (maybe).

I already know what the Pacers can do ( even though they got new talent, and granger coming back )... The bulls will not beat the HEAT until they get another star player, and a very good 3rd option.

But fans of those team still have hope they can take the HEAT down, because of the perception of how how the HEAT vs bulls & HEAT vs Pacers series went last season ( Lbj is a con man people, try not to fall for it ).

kdspurman
08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I honestly think OKC makes it back to the Finals again this season, so I'll go with them. Out of the East, I would go with the Bulls.

You think OKC? I just see no way OKC can beat Miami 4/7. I don't see any strength of theirs that they can exploit consistently enough. On either end of the court

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Indy and Chicago. They're both pretty even.

Don't believe any other team can beat the Heat in 7.

sportsfan222
08-01-2013, 10:34 PM
the chicago bulls have the best chance, and will dethrone the heat in 2014.

that is of course assuming they can for once stay healthy which they have not been the past 2 years.

RiceOnTheRun
08-01-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't see OKC beating the Heat. Lebron basically outclasses Durant in every single way except for scoring. Even then, he's not too far behind either. Other than that, they just don't have the depth to keep up with Miami. Ibaka can defend, but Perkins is basically going to get blown past by Bosh or Lebron. Westbrook would have to put up some amazing numbers for them to even have a chance. Something like 25/6/8 with efficiency to even give them a chance against Miami. There's no big third scorer now, so their bench in general will have to pick up the slack.

Besides that, I think Indy has the best chance to beat them. They have an elite center and a semi-elite wing player. If they decide to keep him, Granger's said he wouldn't mind coming off the bench and either him or Stephenson from there could be dangerous. Even besides those two, they have very solid depth coming off the bench. Bulls are a possibility, but I would definitely take Indy over them because of the reasons listed above.

TheNumber37
08-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Pacers
Nets
Bulls
Knicks
Clippers

In order.

The heat are not gonna do much to improve. They may snag mo will, but they need a big, and Oden is not the difference maker.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Pacers, Bulls if Healthy, Thunder if healthy

ohreally
08-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Pacers, Nets, Warriors if they all stay healthy. If the Heat sign Oden and he's halfway healthy I think Pacers have a harder time than the others. Memphis and Bulls can't be counted out, but as much as I like Memphis I put these both in a, I'll have to see them play a bit category.

TrueFan420
08-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I'd like to see Warriors as a choice, instead of the Lakers.... and this is coming from a Laker fan.

I'd rep this post if it was an option. Thanks for keeping it real.

As for the warriors... Health would be key but if all healthy we have the right players to match up and a good bench. It would not be easy but if curry plays like last year, Klay and Barnes both improve, Bogut is healthy and lee picks up where he left off before getting hurt in the playoffs and a solid bench to throw at them would make for one hell of a series. Prob is getting out of the west is extremely challenging.

Hopefully rose returns to form, pacer keep being dangerous, nets moves pan out for them and the Knicks finally do something and the heats road to the finals will be much more challenging after the first round than in years past.

lol, please
08-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Which team is most capable of dethroning the Miami Heat in 2014?

That one's easy. The Warriors of course.

Bostonjorge
08-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Nets
Clippers
Spurs
Pacers
Okc
Warriors

One of these teams will beat Miami.

Jarvo
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
East - Indy & Bulls
West - Spurs & Grizz

flea
08-02-2013, 12:00 AM
The team that's come closest to, and nearly did beat, the Heat with a hobbled Parker and an even more hopeless Ginobili - the Spurs.

Bishnoff
08-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Pacers. Bulls and Nets also with a shot if things pan out for them both.

Snakeyestx
08-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Vogel's Pacers get scarier every season... they've got a huge shot of knocking the Heat out in the ECF this coming year.

If Houston survives through the OKC and San Antonio series' it's possible that's who Indy'd see in the Finals.

chitownredbulls
08-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Pacers hands down...nets depending on their health n u can't count out the spurs either.....I honestly think pacers are coming out of the east

sunsfan88
08-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Well if you watched any of the Indiana vs Heat playoff series it would have to be them, and you have to put into recognition even if there is a team in the West that would beat them in a 7 game series in the Finals, the fact is getting out of the West is probably much harder.

Your absolutely right. I voted LAC but I would change my vote to Indiana if I could.

CityofChaos
08-02-2013, 12:42 AM
The warriors? They were the only team that gave the spurs a hard time during the playoffs and had they won game 1 of that series it could have been a warriors vs heat finals.

They didn't have lee or their best perimeter defender in rush and Bogut wasn't 100 percent yet he was still greatly impactful.

Now they have Iggy, speights, oneal and Douglas to bring much needed toughness.

JasonJohnHorn
08-02-2013, 12:59 AM
GSW should have been an option over LAL. LAL won't even be in the playoff this year.

Bostonjorge
08-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Forgot pacers are getting granger back and added scola so they have best shot.

Ryan328
08-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Pacers hands down...nets depending on their health n u can't count out the spurs either.....I honestly think pacers are coming out of the east

I'm kinda leaning to Indy taking out Miami to. I like Chicago as well but they're never healthy

ryang
08-02-2013, 01:23 AM
The pacers? The bulls? Definetly not the bulls. The pacers I guess you can make an argument but just because they took them to 7 doesn't mean game 7 was close either. No team in the east will this year. Maybe somebody from the west but not the east. Out west is anybody's guess

ryang
08-02-2013, 01:27 AM
The Knicks have a better chance then the bulls or pacers. They just have to get past them first. Only chance in the east is Knicks an thats doubtful.

John Walls Era
08-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Brooklyn.

CannedKoolaid
08-02-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm going to be bold here and say the Rockets. They will have an elite Center in Dwight, which seems to be Miami's weakness. Although the bench that the Rockets have put together is solid. Last year their 2nd team defense was the worst in the NBA while the starting defense was top 5. This year with Camby or Asik coming off the bench to go along with Beverley and Garcia? Woah man. This article really explained things well http://houstonbias.blogspot.com/2013/07/rockets-second-team-key.html

JeremiahWing
08-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Huge Knicks fan here.

Indiana will be champions of the NBA next season. I'll bet the farm on it.

krisxsong
08-02-2013, 04:51 AM
In a 7 game series? Brooklyn IMO because of

1) Size and depth

and

2) The playoffs are all about half court offense and if you let Brooklyn play in a half court offense I have no clue as to how anybody is going to stop DWILL-Johnson-Pierce-Garnett-Lopez.

NYKalltheway
08-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Indiana will beat them this time around if they meet in playoffs (assuming Granger's return doesn't ruin the chemistry they have)

THE MTL
08-02-2013, 09:01 AM
The Bulls need a true second scorer. All the heat needs to do is out lebron on Rose again. I say the Pacers now has what it takes. I see Hibbert making huge strides next season and continuing improvement of George along with another big added scola with the return of Granger. I also expect wade to continue to decline

PC
08-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Miami's going to be in the Finals again so no one from the East. Though I could see the Pacers giving them trouble again.

Out of the West, who knows. I just think a lot of teams have caught up to OKC and they're not the dominant team they were a couple seasons ago. If the Rockets made it to the Finals somehow (which I don't really see them doing), I could see them having a reasonable chance. That's if Dwight becomes dominant again

SteBO
08-02-2013, 09:21 AM
OKC has nothing on Miami. They play the same style Miami does, they don't move the ball well enough, and don't defend at the level required. Out of the Western Conference teams, the Spurs, Clippers, and Rockets have the best shot.

Forgive me, because I'm well aware that Indiana took Miami to 7 games last year, but I'm not really sold on Indiana still. Roy Hibbert played at a level he never showed before and got a TON of leeway with the "verticality" crap, and more importantly I don't think Granger is going help them much if he starts, which according to Vogel is most likely going to be the case. That said, they have a little more firepower off the bench now, and that could make a difference if Wade isn't healthy this time around. I don't know, something about them doesn't impress me too much.

It's too soon to say Brooklyn has the best shot, but I've seen what a healthy Rose to go along with that stifling Bulls' defense is capable of. Yes, Miami beat them in 5 with a worse team, but the games were neck & neck and could've gone either way. I think they have the best shot.

PC
08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
OKC has nothing on Miami. They play the same style Miami does, they don't move the ball well enough, and don't defend at the level required. Out of the Western Conference teams, the Spurs, Clippers, and Rockets have the best shot.

Forgive me, because I'm well aware that Indiana took Miami to 7 games last year, but I'm not really sold on Indiana still. Roy Hibbert played at a level he never showed before and got a TON of leeway with the "verticality" crap, and more importantly I don't think Granger is going help them much if he starts, which according to Vogel is most likely going to be the case. That said, they have a little more firepower off the bench now, and that could make a difference if Wade isn't healthy this time around. I don't know, something about them doesn't impress me too much.

It's too soon to say Brooklyn has the best shot, but I've seen what a healthy Rose to go along with that stifling Bulls' defense is capable of. Yes, Miami beat them in 5 with a worse team, but the games were neck & neck and could've gone either way. I think they have the best shot.

I think if Miami and Indy meet up again, it'll go to 7 again.

The going straight up thing happened all series for the Knicks too and he's built that reputation now so I don't think those non calls are changing.

And I don't know how Granger will fit with that team or where he'll play but for a team that struggled so much offensively, I don't think he'd hurt. And they also added Scola which is a great piece to have coming off the bench.

Again, don't see the Pacers actually beating the Heat next year but I think they can definitely give them a run for their money. Especially if Hibbert and George continue to develop

SteBO
08-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I think if Miami and Indy meet up again, it'll go to 7 again.

The going straight up thing happened all series for the Knicks too and he's built that reputation now so I don't think those non calls are changing.

And I don't know how Granger will fit with that team or where he'll play but for a team that struggled so much offensively, I don't think he'd hurt. And they also added Scola which is a great piece to have coming off the bench.

Again, don't see the Pacers actually beating the Heat next year but I think they can definitely give them a run for their money. Especially if Hibbert and George continue to develop
Yeah, that's true. Thing is Granger is an inefficient offensive player, and when cold he offers little to nothing on the defensive end of the floor. If he starts, and puts Paul George back at SG, that hurts them imo. If I'm Vogel, I make Granger become the 6th man and keep Lance Stephenson as the starting SG. With Hibbert, I swear man, the only game I felt officials didn't allow to get away with it was Game 7. That aside, he feasted on Chris Bosh offensively, so we need a big. I don't doubt the series could go 7 again, hence should it come to that again, I'll be a lot less annoyed this time around haha.

ATX
08-02-2013, 09:35 AM
To me clearly the Pacers and Bulls in the East, with the Nets being a toss up. In the West, the Grizzlies and the Spurs, with my toss up being the Clippers. It will be considerably harder for Miami to win a 3rd straight title due to a strengthened East at the top of the standings, coupled with the considerable amount of extra games the Heat players have had to play being to the last 3 NBA Finals. The Heat though have just as good a shot of 3 peating as anyone else does at the title.

mjm07
08-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Pacers, Bulls, Nets in the East. SAS, Clips, GSW in the West.

Thats about it.

Rockice_8
08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
I really think this is the year MIA's lack of size catches up with them. INDY, CHI and BK all have intimidating frontcourts and if they have to go through 2 of the 3 to get to the Finals they could find themselves outed by one of those three.

I feel the East will be represented by one of INDY, CHI or BK this year.

SteBO
08-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Miami's lack of size should've caught up to them 3 years ago by that logic and it hasn't mattered......people are entitled to their opinions but I'd like to see some other reasons for Miami's dethroning besides "size". Every team has its weaknesses, but the size issue has never been a big enough problem the Heat can't overcome.

FOXHOUND
08-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Knicks fan, I voted for Indiana.

Reason being the Hibbert mismatch is more damaging to Miami on both ends of the court than the Knicks being able to match the small ball with Melo at PF and rain 3's on Miami, which is their D's key weakness. Plus Paul George was able to have a FAR better series vs Miami for some reason.

I think Chicago is overblown as a true threat to Miami. Yes, they have size but really that only gives them an advantage on the boards. They don't have a plus low post scorer, or a low post scoring center specifically, to really give Miami fits with their big men. They're still too reliant on what Rose can do in a playoff series, and that's not enough to get you over the LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio, IMO. Too weak on offense.

To me if the Pacers or Knicks don't beat Miami then no team in the east is doing it.

FOXHOUND
08-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Miami's lack of size should've caught up to them 3 years ago by that logic and it hasn't mattered......people are entitled to their opinions but I'd like to see some other reasons for Miami's dethroning besides "size". Every team has its weaknesses, but the size issue has never been a big enough problem the Heat can't overcome.

Part of that is also due to the fact that there simply isn't many centers who can do big things in a series in general. Last year vs Indiana was really the only series this Miami team has played where the center could do real damage in the post.

rhino17
08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
In the east, I think it's the bulls with the pacers also having a chance. In the west, I think okc has hit a wall for a while, I don't see them overtaking Miami. I still thi k the spurs could do it, maybe the rockets

JoeBlessU
08-02-2013, 10:57 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves will dethroan the Heat this season. Book It!...:clap::D

SteBO
08-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Part of that is also due to the fact that there simply isn't many centers who can do big things in a series in general. Last year vs Indiana was really the only series this Miami team has played where the center could do real damage in the post.
Eh....I guess my comments are coming from the fact that I don't think Hibbert is really as good as he played in that series. He's gonna have to prove he can be more consistent with those type efforts throughout an entire season for me to be fully convinced. The guy's improved for sure, but there are a lot of factors that contributed to it that I don't feel like delving into again.

The teams that have either beaten Miami in a 7-game series, or have come the closest in a situation where Miami's trailing in the series, are the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, last years' San Antonio Spurs, and the 2012 Boston Celtics. Neither have/had the size Indiana does. The biggest trait all three of these teams shared was the crisp ball movement, something that Indiana does not do well on offense. Point being, 3-pt shooting and ball movement is Miami's biggest achilles' heel imo.

FOXHOUND
08-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Eh....I guess my comments are coming from the fact that I don't think Hibbert is really as good as he played in that series. He's gonna have to prove he can be more consistent with those type efforts throughout an entire season for me to be fully convinced. The guy's improved for sure, but there are a lot of factors that contributed to it that I don't feel like delving into again.

The teams that have either beaten Miami in a 7-game series, or have come the closest in a situation where Miami's trailing in the series, are the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, last years' San Antonio Spurs, and the 2012 Boston Celtics. Neither have/had the size Indiana does. The biggest trait all three of these teams shared was the crisp ball movement, something that Indiana does not do well on offense. Point being, 3-pt shooting and ball movement is Miami's biggest achilles' heel imo.

Well most of that was also the Heat's lack of a center. I mean Chris Bosh stood no chance having to try and stop Hibbert, and neither did Anderson or anyone else on that roster.

SteBO
08-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Well most of that was also the Heat's lack of a center. I mean Chris Bosh stood no chance having to try and stop Hibbert, and neither did Anderson or anyone else on that roster.
But that's my point, Miami isn't the only small team in the league, yet Hibbert throughout all of last year didn't even come close averaging what he did the ECF alone. Don't get me wrong foxhound, he's improved and should Indy-Miami meet in the playoffs again, Hibbert will probably be a big problem again. But for me to completely sold on that, I gotta see him do something close to it on a more consistent basis. That's just me though; we'll see. The East has gotten better.

kdspurman
08-02-2013, 11:43 AM

I agree with that... When you turn the ball over a lot and let Miami get out in the open court, it makes their job so much easier. That's why I feel a team like OKC would not be successful cause they play a lot of 1 on 1 ball. If you try and play Miami 1 on 1 , you are playing right into their hands. That's why it's important to keep their defense moving, play very good defense of your own, and for the love of God don't give up 2nd chance opportunities. :sad2:

todu82
08-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Indiana.

29$JerZ
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Healthy Bulls, Knicks are the best equipped teams to deal with Miami.
Indy is a ? Until I see Hibbert play like that for an entire season.
I personally don't think Brooklyn matches up well at all with Miami before and after Pierce/KG.
That's about it in the East.

Spurs and Memphis would probably give Miami the biggest problems. OKC style is too similar to Miami and I don't see Denver/GoldenState/Clippers winning a 7 game series against them either.

Stinkyoutsider
08-02-2013, 12:26 PM
I like the Nets chance. The talent they added along with experience and Garnett moving back to his natural position and being a defensive floor general can give them the boost they need to compete.

My question is, who would guard Lebron for any of the contenders?

I could see MWP giving him trouble but will the Knicks challenge them this year? I think so, as long as Amare is heathy...

JusDBasics
08-02-2013, 12:38 PM
The obvious choice has to be the Pacers. The way they matched up with the Heat in the ECF showed that they have what it takes to take down the champs. And with additions such as Granger, Scola, Watson, Copeland and Stephenson moving to the bench just solidifies their bench.

The Nets are the biggest question mark but they have the chance to even be a bigger foe than Indy is based on the talent they have all around their roster.

We all know the Bulls will also give the Heat their problems and now with Rose back they have a chance. But i still think they lack a good 2nd option behind Rose.

mjm07
08-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I really think this is the year MIA's lack of size catches up with them. INDY, CHI and BK all have intimidating frontcourts and if they have to go through 2 of the 3 to get to the Finals they could find themselves outed by one of those three.

I feel the East will be represented by one of INDY, CHI or BK this year.

But the HEAT have overcome those type of intimidating froncourts in past 3 playoffs.

But yes, size will continye to prevent a huge obstacle for the HEAT. But if the Big 3 are relatively healhy, i like our chances.

boboo73
08-02-2013, 01:22 PM

Plus Rose was playing on bum ankles that series too. They got to the ECF with Keith Bogans as their starting 2 and Butler is better in every aspect. Not saying it will happen but I would go Indy or Chicago.

boboo73
08-02-2013, 01:24 PM
What has Memphis done to put them in this conversation? I like their team but they got rolled by the Spurs.

Spurs should be the number one answer because they were a rebound away from winning it last year.

Indy and Chicago should be up there too. Nets could but no one knows how they will play together so no point i postulating on a team that hasnt played a second as a team yet.

Cubby
08-02-2013, 01:37 PM

I'd point moreso to Wade's decline. I think we saw him go down a few notches last season and inevitably that will continue next season. Not to mention the fact that he has had recurring leg injuries in the pat and one of them could flare up again. Who really knows though.

I do agree with your previous post concerning the Bulls. People are so quick to forget just how good they were with a healthy Derrick Rose in the lineup, and that's without mentioning the fact that Jimmy Butler is now the starting SG, a vast improvement over previous seasons. The Bulls ultimately have the best chance IMO.

JoeBlessU
08-02-2013, 01:39 PM
New Jersey Nets..

Cubby
08-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I think Indy and Chicago have the best chance out east. They just have the defense and rebounding capabilities needed to dethrone the Heat and as Wade's decline further progresses, it'll more and more be LeBron vs. everyone else.

boboo73
08-02-2013, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Joanthon Toews:

We: 14

I: 0

Lebron James:

We: 0

I: 17[/QUOTE]

I love that.

hotdalton18
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Lol nobody

JoeBlessU
08-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I love that.

LOL.. Me too. Tells ya a lot about Lebron and Toews.

SteBO
08-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Lol nobody
Look up how many teams' have 3-peated......

Big Zo
08-02-2013, 02:00 PM
The Bulls??? Can we at least wait and see what Mr. Muscle Memory looks like after not playing in over a year?

FOXHOUND
08-02-2013, 02:02 PM
But that's my point, Miami isn't the only small team in the league, yet Hibbert throughout all of last year didn't even come close averaging what he did the ECF alone. Don't get me wrong foxhound, he's improved and should Indy-Miami meet in the playoffs again, Hibbert will probably be a big problem again. But for me to completely sold on that, I gotta see him do something close to it on a more consistent basis. That's just me though; we'll see. The East has gotten better.

Not the only small team, I agree. But how many teams have a legit PF like Bosh starting at C? Also it's not like defense or rebounding has ever been Bosh's biggest strength. I agree that even with that Hibbert definitely played at the highest level in his career in the ECF.

But the flip side he's just 26-years old. He can potentially play even better the next time they face in the playoffs, who knows? I think this is why Miami is trying to desperately to get a legit C of any kind with their limited resources. This whole Oden talk, I really don't think at this stage he would even play much this upcoming season for anyone. But for Miami, by the time postseason rolls around if he's still healthy somehow, they can throw him out there vs Hibbert.

Miami would still be the favorites vs anyone, though.

SteBO
08-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Not the only small team, I agree. But how many teams have a legit PF like Bosh starting at C? Also it's not like defense or rebounding has ever been Bosh's biggest strength. I agree that even with that Hibbert definitely played at the highest level in his career in the ECF.

But the flip side he's just 26-years old. He can potentially play even better the next time they face in the playoffs, who knows? I think this is why Miami is trying to desperately to get a legit C of any kind with their limited resources. This whole Oden talk, I really don't think at this stage he would even play much this upcoming season for anyone. But for Miami, by the time postseason rolls around if he's still healthy somehow, they can throw him out there vs Hibbert.

Miami would still be the favorites vs anyone, though.
That's fair. Defensively, Miami was at it's best or close to it statisically when Bosh was playing in his natural position. We kinda fell into the small-ball mentality once Bosh went down with the injury during the second round in the 2nd round the previous year. Personally, I hate it, but it's to create space for LeBron & Wade to drive. Winning back-to-back playing that style was unprecedented....and to do it again in a tougher eastern conference will be daunting.

Cubby
08-02-2013, 02:11 PM
The Bulls??? Can we at least wait and see what Mr. Muscle Memory looks like after not playing in over a year?

I think everyone is assuming he will come back the same, at least he better after missing last season.

DoMeFavors
08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
It has to be the Nets, looking at this list none other than Brooklyn have the depth or the experience that Heat have. Indiana is a young team without a star and no championship winners. They proved in game 7 that they didnt have what it took because of lack of experience. Nets have Champions, all stars, vets, the entire package. If there is a team next year that will knock off Miami it will be the team that has strengths where they have weakness. That is the Nets.
West and Hibbert proved to be a problem up front for Miami, look up Kevin Garnett and Brook Lopez/

DoMeFavors
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Last year Heat faced Bulls,Pacers,Spurs

Wade in decline had to guard Marco Bell,Stephenson, Green. Which one of those is going to take Wade in the post? none. Joe Johnson will make Wade work as much on offense and defense. Paul Pierce has always made LBJ work hard on defense. Garnett defends Bosh really well. Mario will have to guard Dwill. Who guards Brook? Once Brook sits Blatche comes on. Once Pierce sits AK comes on. Jason Terry can get hot at any point.

Knick_Fever
08-02-2013, 02:56 PM
It has to be the Nets, looking at this list none other than Brooklyn have the depth or the experience that Heat have. Indiana is a young team without a star and no championship winners. They proved in game 7 that they didnt have what it took because of lack of experience. Nets have Champions, all stars, vets, the entire package. If there is a team next year that will knock off Miami it will be the team that has strengths where they have weakness. That is the Nets.
West and Hibbert proved to be a problem up front for Miami, look up Kevin Garnett and Brook Lopez/

Paul George is not only a "star", but a superstar. He clearly put that in full display in the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Paul George is not only a "star", but a superstar. He clearly put that in full display in the playoffs.

how is he a superstar? he IS NOT a go to guy. His FG% isnt superstar worthy.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM
The thread looks like it backfired on the OP. Not to say he had an ulterior motive.

Kashmir13579
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Shumpert.

bearadonisdna
08-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Shumpert.

Lets be realistic here. Shumpert by himself can not beat Miami's Heats.

FYL_McVeezy
08-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I voted NY just to be a homer. But the correct answer is none of the above.

FYL_McVeezy
08-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Nets or OKC... The Nets are the unknown ( and I like that ), and OKC would have been in the finals over the Spurs if West did get hurt (maybe).

I already know what the Pacers can do ( even though they got new talent, and granger coming back )... The bulls will not beat the HEAT until they get another star player, and a very good 3rd option.

But fans of those team still have hope they can take the HEAT down, because of the perception of how how the HEAT vs bulls & HEAT vs Pacers series went last season ( Lbj is a con man people, try not to fall for it ).

The biggest one this game has ever seen.....

Krizzle88
08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Chicago even though I'm more worried about injuries then Miami heat. No 3peat for them

Krizzle88
08-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Shumpert.

Knicks can't beat pacers or bulls

Krizzle88
08-02-2013, 04:23 PM
how is he a superstar? he IS NOT a go to guy. His FG% isnt superstar worthy.

What the hell? His fg% isn't superstar worthy? Deron Williams couldn't beat the bulls with deng rose hinrich out, I guess williams isn't a superstar

Dade County
08-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Knicks can't beat pacers or bulls

I think they can beat the bulls in a playoff series. Bulls just don't have the weapons, but I feel that they will pull off a trade and shack things up.

Rockice_8
08-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I voted NY just to be a homer. But the correct answer is none of the above.

Really? I think that CHI, INDY and BK all have a legit shot to knock off MIA. Especially if they have to face two of the 3 on the way to the Finals. The size of each team should wear on them for sure.

Dade County
08-02-2013, 04:28 PM
What the hell? His fg% isn't superstar worthy? Deron Williams couldn't beat the bulls with deng rose hinrich out, I guess williams isn't a superstar

I thought D will was hurt, but he didn't want to have season ending surgery? Because that D will I saw in that playoff series, wasn't fully healthy.

But anyway, Paul & D will are NOT super stars.( The league has 2 super stars in their prime right now, Lbj & KD, then they have two declining super stars, Wade & Kobe... thats it )

Then you have the stars... Rose, Howard...etc

MyDRoseLikeDeng
08-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Realistically speaking from as much of a non-biased perspective as possible, its got to be Chicago. Thibs has shown he is a top 3 coach in the league, and barring injury/Rose coming back to form, the Bulls have the most solid lineup with the correct consistency and star power needed to beat the Heat. Indiana can knock them off too, but I think the Bulls have a better shot at it than the Pacers do. Now if the Bulls played the Pacers in a 7 game series, I could actually see the Pacers beating them in 6/7. People underrate how well the Bulls match up against Miami for sure..

mortizgarcia
08-02-2013, 05:02 PM
San Antonio were 30 seconds away so I would have to say they are the most capable, Belinelli should be an improvement over Ginobili at this stage of his career and it wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi Leonard has an all star caliber year next season, the other viable candidates are Indiana, Chicago and the Clippers but I don't see either of those teams being stronger than San Antonio

DR_1
08-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Pacers, Nets, Bulls, Spurs, Rockets, Clips, Dubs, Thunder all have a realistic shot.

This

DR_1
08-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I think they can beat the bulls in a playoff series. Bulls just don't have the weapons, but I feel that they will pull off a trade and shack things up.

:facepalm:

DR_1
08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Bulls easily, they will beat the Heat in the playoffs this year, you can quote me on it

MrfadeawayJB
08-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Spurs
Grizz
Houston
Indy
Chicago
Nets

ryang
08-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Bulls easily, they will beat the Heat in the playoffs this year, you can quote me on it

Lmao. Your joking obviously.

Kyben36
08-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Bulls and Indiana IMO, I know I probably sounds like a homer with the bulls, but both teams really give miami fits, we play them tough and they just cant stand it. both teams are physical with the heat and it really rattles them.

I really like the bulls though, with Jimmy Deng and Noah defenisvly, I cant wait to see what they do to miami.

Dade County
08-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Bulls and Indiana IMO, I know I probably sounds like a homer with the bulls, but both teams really give miami fits, we play them tough and they just cant stand it. both teams are physical with the heat and it really rattles them.

I really like the bulls though, with Jimmy Deng and Noah defenisvly, I cant wait to see what they do to miami.

This is why I don't like what stern & Lbj did this past post season (and others), ( but from a marketing and competitive balance point of view, it works )... Haven't you notice, sometime the HEAT/Lbj forget how to play aggressive, and put the ball in the basket?

Then what do you, a game 7 here and their; a team that has it's best players out, but they are able to give the HEAT a run for their money (bulls). All this trickanery, is ********, and people shouldn't be manipulated by this nonsense anymore.

HEAT have an competitive advantage over everyone, thats why I really wanted Howard and Cp3 to team up in Houston, so maybe just maybe, I could have gotten to watch a series that had no rigging in it; everyone has to play at their very best just to win a game, like it should be.