PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Trade Target Rumors: Cliff Lee

RedSoxtober
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
The other most sought after player on the trade market for the Red Sox is Cliff Lee. Breaking out discussion on him here.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Red Sox feel a trade for Phillies' left-hander Cliff Lee is "highly unlikely."

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe write Tuesday morning that "every indication" says the Phillies won't settle for anything less than prospect infielder Xander Bogaerts. If the price is going to be that high, the Red Sox will look elsewhere. Brown hears that the Astros' Bud Norris and Jake Peavy of the White Sox are both in play.

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe writes that "every indication" says the Phillies won't settle for anything less than prospect infielder Xander Bogaerts as the center piece in a trade with the Red Sox involving Cliff Lee.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox are "the biggest player" for Lee at the moment, but there's nothing to indicate that they are willing to part with Bogaerts or even Jackie Bradley, Jr. Unless someone budges by Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET, it appears the southpaw might stay pat in Philly.

ruckus16969
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
I hope we can work something out with them with out giving up XB

Fla.SticKy
07-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Not big on acquiring Lee at all, unless he can be had at a reasonable price! That will not happen though, so I say we keep our farm put! Only player I could see us dumping a bunch of the farm for is Stanton, and that's not happening as of now.

Bo Sox Fan
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
I could live without JBJ in a potential Lee deal if I knew we were going to resign Ellsbury. Replace Boegarts with Middlebrooks, Barnes and another pitcher not named Allan Webster. We eat the entire contract.

I'd do it

BoSox47
07-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Two rumors threads one of them being for cliff lee only? a little overkill having to switch through 2 pages to get info, no?

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-30-2013, 06:19 PM
What about Ian Kennedy, has to cost less than Peavy and Lee. Just a thought.

bruins>habs
07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Two rumors threads one of them being for cliff lee only? a little overkill having to switch through 2 pages to get info, no?

Are the extra clicks going to kill you? Its a good idea. Keeps **** from getting cluttered.

Anyway, was watching Sports Tonight and Gary Tanguay thinks the Sox should give up Bogaerts for Cliff Lee. :laugh: what a dumbass, stick to basketball, Gary.

Pittz
07-30-2013, 06:30 PM

No.

Soxfan85
07-30-2013, 06:32 PM
wrong forum

The Allen
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
What about Ian Kennedy, has to cost less than Peavy and Lee. Just a thought.

He gives up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many home runs.

ruckus16969
07-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Are the extra clicks going to kill you? Its a good idea. Keeps **** from getting cluttered.

Anyway, was watching Sports Tonight and Gary Tanguay thinks the Sox should give up Bogaerts for Cliff Lee. :laugh: what a dumbass, stick to basketball, Gary.

I HATE Tanguay such a prick

ruckus16969
07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
wrong forum

lol

AI
07-31-2013, 12:54 AM
This can be closed now with the acquisition of Peavy.

bruins>habs
07-31-2013, 08:58 AM
This can be closed now with the acquisition of Peavy.

What if there's still a chance we get Lee too? :p