PDA

View Full Version : Zuccarello returns (1 year-1.15 million deal)

NYSPORTS98
07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
http://nyrnation.net/mats-zuccarello-rangers-settle-on-contract/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679092

Works for me.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Holy cow that is a great contract for the team. Nice to see Mats is willing to pass up much larger $$$ in the KHL to be a Ranger. :)

bsi
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Nice to see such a low dollar amount but I'm concerned we're only delaying things until next year. It's great to have him at that amount, he'll be doing everything to prove himself this year. Nice to see. Sly Christmas just came early for ya. Cheers.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm definitely happy he is back. I felt all offseason he would be back. To me it would make little sense to pass up a .5ppg guy like this on the cheap. Great deal for the team. Happy for Mats.

redwhiteandblue
07-30-2013, 02:26 PM
The idea is probably to pay him next year. There wasn't anything out there worth chasing to justify buying out Richards. Next year maybe but there is no way he doesn't get bought out in my opinion.

Not to mention the Cap is predicted to grow based on NHL revenues. So despite some of the allure being robbed by so many outdoor games you can guarantee it will have a positive effect on general revenues and increase the cap.

Unless he stinks it up he will be paid and locked up next year.

bsi
07-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm definitely happy he is back. I felt all offseason he would be back. To me it would make little sense to pass up a .5ppg guy like this on the cheap. Great deal for the team. Happy for Mats.

I honestly didn't think he'd come that cheap, and I guess since he's only signed for one year he may not really. I was expecting a 3+ year deal to lock him up for a bit, give us a few years to build a contender with some cap friendly players. If he puts up 50+ points this year we could be in trouble signing him next year though. He's definately worth more than the one year deal he signed, he's a bargain for us this year. Good to have him back.

bsi
07-30-2013, 03:11 PM
The idea is probably to pay him next year. There wasn't anything out there worth chasing to justify buying out Richards. Next year maybe but there is no way he doesn't get bought out in my opinion.

Not to mention the Cap is predicted to grow based on NHL revenues. So despite some of the allure being robbed by so many outdoor games you can guarantee it will have a positive effect on general revenues and increase the cap.

Unless he stinks it up he will be paid and locked up next year.

I really think the decision on Richards will be made at the trade deadline, if he puts up some good points he would be attractive to a young team in the playoff hunt, with cap space who is looking for a center. I look at a team like Toronto or Montreal as teams needing centers and needing a long playoff run. Maybe a team like Detroit or a return to Dallas could work too. Even a team like Calgary with tons of cap and draft picks might want a guy to help with the rebuild. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade him at the deadline and I'm 50/50 on whether he gets bought out after that, if he gets 80 points it's hard to turn him away and try and replace him especially at the way contracts continue to skyrocket.

bsi
07-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Was just reading that we only have like 3.35 left plus 10 % summer cap for Stepan. Any idea where we'd be able to trade Pyatt? Seems as though we're gonna have to. We need atleast 4 mill for Stepan.

metswon69
07-30-2013, 04:02 PM
That's a great deal, i was almost certain he was going to find his way to the KHL if the Rangers didn't come closer to that 1.75 mark.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Says a lot that Mats would turn down more guaranteed money to be a Ranger. After taxes and agents fees he may only get 40 cents on the dollar so its not easy on a lower paid player.

IAmARanger18
07-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Our boy is back, Sly! And at a steal of price, like you said, shows he is committed to us

MJL80
07-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Great deal! Now let's get Derek under contract and we're good to go.

Can't wait til the puck drops, tired of hearing about A-Rod

nyr2002nyr
07-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Great deal! Now let's get Derek under contract and we're good to go.

Can't wait til the puck drops, tired of hearing about A-Rod

I can't wait for the season to start either. But as long as I keep hearing Arod and words like banned,suspended and never playing again I can smile

YankeeFanAlways
07-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Holy cow that is a great contract for the team. Nice to see Mats is willing to pass up much larger $$$ in the KHL to be a Ranger. :)

SLY I can't believe YOU didn't satrt this thread!!! You LOVE Mats!!!!!!! In a hockey sense of course.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-31-2013, 05:42 PM
SLY I can't believe YOU didn't satrt this thread!!! You LOVE Mats!!!!!!! In a hockey sense of course.

LOL You can be darn sure I would have started it but I actually read about it in NYSPORTS98's post. I said all along I thought he would be back because he wanted to be a Ranger and Slats wanted him as a Ranger but when this process ran so long I did get a bit concerned. :)

Yankee Clipper
07-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Definitely a good deal. Love it.

IAmARanger18
08-01-2013, 04:56 PM
And he played well with Brassy and Nash in the playoffs, I really hope that's our top line heading into next season with the second line being Kreider-Stepan-Kristo(untill Cally is healthy)

RangersMets
08-13-2013, 01:13 PM
He wants to be in the NHL, loves New York, wants to win, and knows the Rangers will give him the money he deserves if he puts up a proper audition over the course of a full season (something he has never done)