PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the best bench next season?

JasonJohnHorn
07-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Ok.. the last two threads I made some exclusions that some understandably didn't appreciate. My bad. So this one I will just include every team.

Who do you think will have the best bench next season? GSW already won poles for the best starting front court AND the best starting back court with BK finishing close behind on both counts. Who has the best bench?

nycericanguy
07-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Haven't given other teams much thought, but NY's bench is looking pretty good

Prigs
JR
MWP/Hardaway
Kmart
Amare

lol, please
07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
LA Lakers obviously.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't think BK should've been that high on either of the previous polls but completely agree they have a top 3 in league bench this season:

PG: Shaun Livingston/tyshawn Taylor
SG: Jason Terry/ Alan Anderson
SF: Andrei Kirelinko/ Toko Shengalia
PF: Reggie Evans/ Mirza Teletovic (could end up taking Reggie's spot)
C: Andray Blatche/ Mason Plumlee

We have youth and veterans. We have 3 point shooters and hustling rebounders. We also have those two Euros who could break out this season and be a large part of our playoff or future success. Most importantly, we have versatility. This is why KG/pierce won't have to play major minutes in the regular season. Developing the bench will be crucial to our playoff success as well

D-Leethal
07-29-2013, 08:40 PM
I would pay good money to watch Livingston and Blatche/Evans try to defend a pick and roll.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-29-2013, 08:47 PM
I would pay good money to watch Livingston and Blatche/Evans try to defend a pick and roll.

Doubt both will be in the game at same time without Garnet for major minutes and against quality starters. And I'm sure he will give them a few pointers throughout the season to improve their D.

dalton749
07-29-2013, 08:56 PM
do best wing tandems next lol

elledaddy
07-29-2013, 09:03 PM
If you take out all the starters, Den, Lac, clev, nyk wud meet in conference finals

Tony_Starks
07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Don't sleep on Indy. Watson, Stephenson, Copeland, Scola, Mahimi or whatever his name is. Not a bad lineup, especially if Copeland and Stephenson keep improving.

JasonJohnHorn
07-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Haven't given other teams much thought, but NY's bench is looking pretty good

Prigs
JR
MWP/Hardaway
Kmart
Amare

If that was the bench, I'd agree, but it looks like Amare may very well be starting and JR Smith might as well.

JasonJohnHorn
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM
do best wing tandems next lol

I'm not even sure that would be worth while. The answer would be Miami: LBJ/Wade. LBJ is clearly the best player in the game and Wade is no less than a top 3 SG (some would argue the best SG in the game right now).

Would there even be a team that could rival Miami's LBJ/Wade combo? If Harden was still in OKC, then yeah... otherwise, not a chance.

JasonJohnHorn
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
I like Goldenstate. Barnes will likely be splitting minutes at the 2/3. Then they have Speights and Jemaine O'Neal backing up the power forward and center spots. Plus they have Ezeli in the front court too... he can rebound and block shots, he just needs to lower his fouls and raise his FG%, but he's got some serious potential.

I'm not high in their PG rotation off the bench... I've never seen Nedovic play and I'm not a big fan of Douglas, but they may turn out to be quality role players.

sportscrazed
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
The rumored NYK starting lineup is Felton/Shumpert/MWP/Melo/Tyson (Woodson has said he likes Melo at PF)

Which would make the bench
Prigioni
JR
Hardaway
Amare/ Bargnani/ Kenyon Martin (each may also play some center)

NYKnickFanatic
07-30-2013, 10:20 AM
If that was the bench, I'd agree, but it looks like Amare may very well be starting and JR Smith might as well.

No.

Amare is limited to 20 minutes a game and will come off the bench and Shumpert is our starting two. JR is not taking that from him. JR is our sixth man, that is what he is best at. I could see MWP starting, but the others will not.

nycericanguy
07-30-2013, 10:24 AM

No way, Amare is on a minutes limit and I think the plan is pretty clear to surround Melo with shooters.

JR is out 4 months and I doubt he starts and there has been no indication he will, but even if he does, I don't think the bench loses anything with Shump there.

I think the only real debate is whether MWP or Bargs starts, but either one on the bench looks pretty good.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Bucks might not have the best bench. But seemed like every free agent or trade we did so far. Pretty much acquired bench players. So here goes the Bucks bench depth chart.

C Zaza,Raduljica
PF Henson,Udoh
SF Delfino,Antetokounmpo
SG Neal
PG Ridnour,Wolters,Ish Smith

Plus who knows with Jennings? If he stays on QO or dealt for more players. But as of right now looks grim cause Ridnour and Delfino might end up being starters so there goes our bench depth. Henson is a beast though.

NYKnicks4511
07-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Probably the Knicks.

NYKnickFanatic
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Bucks.

I Rock Shaqs
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm going with Indiana
PG: CJ Watson/ Donald Sloan
SG: Copeland/ Johnson
SF: Granger
PF: Scola
C: Mahimi.

elledaddy
07-30-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm going with Indiana

Copeland is a PF( a little to slow for SF). It's NO WAY and I mean NO WAY in the world he can play SG. Plus Granger most likely starts so it should look like....
Watson
Stephenson
Copeland
Scola
Mahimi

Thats not better than the Knicks IMO
Prigs
JR/Hardaway JR
MWP(may start)
Amare/ Bargnani( may start)
Martin

OR DEN
A. Miller/Nate robinson
Fournier/Eric Green
Wilson Chandler/Jordan Hamilton
JJ Hickson or Faried/Darrell Arthur/Anthony Randolph
Mozgov

OR SAC
I Thomas
M Thorton
Mbah a Moute
Patrick Patterson
Jason Thompson

OR WASH
E Maynor
M Webster
Ariza or PORTER/RICE JR
Trevor Booker
Kevin Seraphin

JerseyPalahniuk
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Should've made this poll public

NYKnickFanatic
07-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Should've made this poll public

Lol, why? So you can see that all Knicks fans voted for the Knicks? Shouldn't really be a surprise...

MrfadeawayJB
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Homer pick, but I like the grizz bench balance.

Assuming we sign a backup pg, either mo williams, Beno Udrih, or Delonte west it could be very good. If not

Bayless
Pondexter
Miller
Davis
Koufas

Rockice_8
07-30-2013, 01:59 PM

No actually luckily you get to pay to watch Amare try to defend anything.

Monta is beast
07-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Nets, but Warriors will be a close second,

PG; Doglas//Nedovic
SG: Bazemore
SF: Barnes//Green
PF: Speights//Green
C: O'Neal//Ezeli

That a defensive squad right there

SteBO
07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm going with Indiana
Pretty sure Vogel stated somewhere that Granger is starting.

tredigs
07-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Nets, but Warriors will be a close second,

PG; Doglas//Nedovic
SG: Bazemore
SF: Barnes//Green
PF: Speights//Green
C: O'Neal//Ezeli

That a defensive squad right there

Denver and Indiana also have nice backups, but I'm pretty high on having Jermaine O'Neal for 15-20 a game along with Ezeli in the 2nd half. Barnes in his 2nd season could obviously flourish in that role too. Nedovic is a wait and see wildcard, but I've liked the tape.

I'm also going Brooklyn as the best, then Indiana (even if it's Stephenson in the backup role, along with Scola alone that is a very good bench), Denver (depth all over with Nate/Chandler/Hickson + Arthur/Moz), Golden State and NYK as the top 5 benches.

tredigs
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Nice to see my Dubs getting love in both backcourt+frontcourt, but the best starting frontcourt is Lebron/Bosh/Haslem, and they weren't even an option on the list.

MrfadeawayJB
07-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice to see my Dubs getting love in both backcourt+frontcourt, but the best starting frontcourt is Lebron/Bosh/Haslem, and they weren't even an option on the list.

They are talking about benches

Clippersfan86
07-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Nets, Clippers, Warriors, Pacers and Bucks will be the top 5. Not sure on the order because of so many new players. Grizzlies can move into top 5 if they add Mo Williams for sure.

nycericanguy
07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm going with Indiana

Cope is not a SG, he'd get murdered, he already got killed by SF's on D...can't even imagine him trying to guard a 2 guard. and Granger is likely to start. Watson is meehh...