PDA

View Full Version : 2013 clutch stats

el hidalgo
07-29-2013, 12:19 AM
http://stats.nba.com/leaguePlayerClutch.html?sortField=PTS&sortOrder=DES&filters=W*G*10

These are the clutch stats for the 2013 nba season. here we can determine which players were most clutch. IMO, lebron tops this list. He has the 2nd most assists per clutch time and the 5th most points per clutch time. He is also 2nd in +/-. Who on that list impresses you? Kobe had a solid year clutch wise, compared to what he normally does in the clutch.

RiceOnTheRun
07-29-2013, 03:33 AM
The biggest surprise for me tbh, was to see CP3 with the most points in clutch time. I probably would've thought someone like Kobe or Melo.

Lebron's been clutch since somewhere around the 2011-12 season. Nothing new for him. It's interesting how the top 4 +/- guys are Heat players though. Definitely gotta give em a lot of credit, especially Bron for being the main playmaker of that group.

Clutch isn't really all that it's hyped up to be imo. Intelligent players who are in the right mindset are clutch. There isn't a single player at the top of that list who I'd list as a 'stupid' player. Making the right plays and keeping calm is all there is to it.

beliges
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
The biggest surprise for me tbh, was to see CP3 with the most points in clutch time. I probably would've thought someone like Kobe or Melo.

Lebron's been clutch since somewhere around the 2011-12 season. Nothing new for him. It's interesting how the top 4 +/- guys are Heat players though. Definitely gotta give em a lot of credit, especially Bron for being the main playmaker of that group.

Clutch isn't really all that it's hyped up to be imo. Intelligent players who are in the right mindset are clutch. There isn't a single player at the top of that list who I'd list as a 'stupid' player. Making the right plays and keeping calm is all there is to it.

No surprise with CP3. He along with Durant are the most clutch players in the league nowadays.

el hidalgo
07-30-2013, 04:34 PM
cp3 is just good at any moment of the game. no surprise there

ManRam
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
I've long considered CP3 the "most clutch" player in basketball, even though I find that hard to define and quantify (it is so much more than what people are probably looking at just via this link).

LeBron's passing puts him right up there too. The narratives of him being a poor free throw shooter in the clutch have almost always been wrong...as in situations like this he actually shoots better, as has for most of his career.

JWorthy42
07-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Lebron is from another planet.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
CP3 gets to the line a lot during crunch time. Definitely a big plus to being clutch is being able to successfully attack the basket and draw the foul.