PDA

View Full Version : How the Bucks Formed Their Team

Guppyfighter
07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.bucksketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Hammond-Inherited-Assets-Tree1.png

bleedprple&gold
07-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Bucks forum

Guppyfighter
07-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Bucks forum

Not a Bucks. We should talk about every team in the NBA forum. Not just the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, and Heat.

Kefman2110
07-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Not a Bucks. We should talk about every team in the NBA forum. Not just the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, and Heat.

i couldn't agree more:cheers:

Iron24th
07-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Bucks forum

Hellcrooner
07-28-2013, 03:26 PM

absolutely agree.

Bucks need wiggins .

Direly.

And if its true comish rigs picks, they need to make it happen to save the teams market.

True Sports Fan
07-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Bucks forum Just like all the laker threads in here never moved to Lakers forum? :clap:

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 03:59 PM
What is the point of this thread, lol?

Guppyfighter
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
The only people who questioned this thread are Laker fans. I don't think that's a coincidence considering the Lakers fan is the most self-absorbed, toxic fan base in the league.

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 04:03 PM
The only people who questioned this thread are Laker fans. I don't think that's a coincidence considering the Lakers fan is the most self-absorbed, toxic fan base in the league.

Why are you so angry?

What does this have to do with the NBA overall? Its a thread specifically on the Milwaukee Bucks, and how the team was formed...I mean, if someone posted the same exact chart but the Lakers version, I would be saying the same thing.

I just don't understand the importance of this thread to non-Bucks fans...

topdog
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Wow, that looks really bleak when diagrammed out. Not that it wasn't evident already through watching free agency play out. In 5 years, the Bucks have basically circled around to the same players that they started with and I'd argue that having Pachulia is about the same as having Gadzuric.

Not quite sure what the Bucks are doing (I read something about poor ownership and a new stadium needed, correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe it's the curse of mediocrity getting you the 8th seed in the East?

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Wow, that looks really bleak when diagrammed out. Not that it wasn't evident already through watching free agency play out. In 5 years, the Bucks have basically circled around to the same players that they started with and I'd argue that having Pachulia is about the same as having Gadzuric.

Not quite sure what the Bucks are doing (I read something about poor ownership and a new stadium needed, correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe it's the curse of mediocrity getting you the 8th seed in the East?

Basically :(

Who was the last superstar they had? Michael Redd? I mean I can't recall even...their best days were like with Big O and Kareem...pretty sad...

Terry Cummings? I mean, not too many people come to mind.

Mr_Jones
07-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Wizards forum

thephoenixson28
07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
NFL forum

smith&wesson
07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
they need to part ways with jennings, and tank. if they get wiggins they could build around him, ilyasova & saunders who are some solid young pieces.

smith&wesson
07-28-2013, 04:21 PM
why cant posters just post ? why does every one wanna be a mod ? i dont get it.

more posts about where this thread should be instead of posting on the topic itself. its stupid. grow up kiddies.

D-Leethal
07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Nobody gives a **** forum.

D-Leethal
07-28-2013, 04:25 PM
why cant posters just post ? why does every one wanna be a mod ? i dont get it.

more posts about where this thread should be instead of posting on the topic itself. its stupid. grow up kiddies.

Telltale signs of a stupid and uninteresting thread.

smith&wesson
07-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Telltale signs of a stupid and uninteresting thread.

i rather talk about the bucks direction than if the knicks got a better deal in attaining bargnani or if the pacers did with scola. those threads arent dumb ? but this one is ?

anyways... i like saunders, I think he will be a solid player in this leauge. along with ily, if they tanked and got another top young prospect they wouldnt be in bad shape imo.

Guppyfighter
07-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Who was the last superstar they had? Michael Redd? I mean I can't recall even...their best days were like with Big O and Kareem...pretty sad...

Ray Allen was their last superstar.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2013, 04:43 PM

they were unlucky that the g.s warriors handed Boston wiht a superteam on the 80s if not they would have reached some finals and maybe even beaten lakers/rockets.

they had bob lanier, they had moncrief, rickie pierce, marques Johnson,bob dandrige, sickma, Cummings, alvin Robertson in different parts of the last 70s -80s period.

D-Leethal
07-28-2013, 04:43 PM
i rather talk about the bucks direction than if the knicks got a better deal in attaining bargnani or if the pacers did with scola. those threads arent dumb ? but this one is ?

anyways... i like saunders, I think he will be a solid player in this leauge. along with ily, if they tanked and got another top young prospect they wouldnt be in bad shape imo.

Acquisitions always get their own threads and warrant discussion. Posting a crappy teams roster really doesn't.

Mr_Jones
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a mod and what I say goes. If you guys dont knock off the name calling, ill ban you so hard. No joke. shiiiiiii

JAZZNC
07-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Not really superstars but at one point they had Ray Allen, Glen Robinson, and Sam Cassell. Far from terrible, that was one of my favorite teams to watch when they were together (mostly b/c of Ray Allen).

KingPosey
07-28-2013, 05:17 PM

Ok, so that all happened. What do you want to discuss about it?

IndyRealist
07-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Arrrgghhh Flowcharts!

They banked on Jennings without any real scouting on him due to his time in Europe, and it didn't pay off. 2009 was an extremely PG heavy year, and they could have traded back for Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, or Darren Collison. Lawson was picked #18 by the Wolves and traded to Denver, while Teague and Collison came after. Now, I think they're better off cutting Jennings loose and letting Ridnour run the show with Wolters backing him up, until they draft/trade for someone better. They've got a great eye for big men, but their backcourt decisions puzzle the crap out of me. I mean, is Illyasova going to play SF? Because they have a glut of quality big men.

Iron24th
07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Just like all the laker threads in here never moved to Lakers forum? :clap:

You're wrong, all the Lakers threads are moved to the Lakers forum, except the ones who bash the Lakers of course.

D-Leethal
07-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Ok, so that all happened. What do you want to discuss about it?

Million dollar question. Nobody knows.

PacersForLife
07-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Why do people keep saying "Saunders." Anyways... I don't understand what the Bucks are trying to do. I feel like they overpaid for Pachulia.

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Ray Allen was their last superstar.

Damn, completely forgot about Ray Ray playing for Milwaukee. Shame on me.

ManRam
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
This is actually pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. A neat way to track things...and the Bucks certainly have been operating in a very interesting way lately. Makes little sense to me most of the time, however.

Gonna make a flowchart like this for the Magic and Henny. While it's early, that should be interesting.

bigsams50
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Trading away Tobias hurts. Do they still have the same GM who made all of these previous moves?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
This is actually pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. A neat way to track things...and the Bucks certainly have been operating in a very interesting way lately. Makes little sense to me most of the time, however.

Gonna make a flowchart like this for the Magic and Henny. While it's early, that should be interesting.

was thinking about doing something for Billy King as well but the first two years alone are already incredibly complicated, this off-season would be a cluster#(!@

613ottawa
07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Bucks forum

Lakers news should be in Lakers forum too....

topdog
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Arrrgghhh Flowcharts!

They banked on Jennings without any real scouting on him due to his time in Europe, and it didn't pay off. 2009 was an extremely PG heavy year, and they could have traded back for Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, or Darren Collison. Lawson was picked #18 by the Wolves and traded to Denver, while Teague and Collison came after. Now, I think they're better off cutting Jennings loose and letting Ridnour run the show with Wolters backing him up, until they draft/trade for someone better. They've got a great eye for big men, but their backcourt decisions puzzle the crap out of me. I mean, is Illyasova going to play SF? Because they have a glut of quality big men.

I don't understand why they keep bringing in young big men, or more specifically defensive bigs. You already had Sanders, so why draft Henson? Then, they trade separately for Ayon and Udoh and now bring over this Raduljica fella while still having Pryzbilla. And I don't think they have one post most amongst the lot.

Finally, the J.J. Reddick trade made even less sense than the Monta Ellis one. At least you could say Monta was going to expire sooner and create more cap, but Reddick cost them a guy fans seemed pretty excited about in Harris for a player who was becoming a free agent and seemed like he was going to make the most of that free agency.

Giannis94
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Atta baby. **** hammon and **** this terribly ran franchise that is in the same state as my beloved Packers.

IndyRealist
07-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Why do people keep saying "Saunders." Anyways... I don't understand what the Bucks are trying to do. I feel like they overpaid for Pachulia.

I suspect when they paid for Pachulia, they were trying to hit the minimum payroll. There's going to be a couple of guys every year that luck out and get overpaid because they're the last guy the team is looking to sign.

king4day
07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Def a cool thread idea. Is there a link to the graph where it's bigger though?

TrueFan420
07-29-2013, 12:47 AM
They need to move some of those defensive young bigs for a solid sg/sf

GunFactor187
07-29-2013, 01:35 AM
My question to Bucks fans is do they even see a fit for Udoh anymore on their squad? Any local rumblings about trade rumors involving him?

TrueFan420
07-29-2013, 02:05 AM
My question to Bucks fans is do they even see a fit for Udoh anymore on their squad? Any local rumblings about trade rumors involving him?

Im not a bucks fan but it seems likely that he will be moved because he is still young and on a cheap contract. Will be nothing more than a very soild role player tho

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Def a cool thread idea. Is there a link to the graph where it's bigger though?

Hold control button and hit the plus sign key. To shrink it back hold control key and hit minus key.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-29-2013, 09:46 AM

Udoh could be the next odd man out in a trade. We already traded Moute and amnestied Gooden and waived Ayon. Udoh will be a RFA in 2014. So i'm sure the Bucks would like to get some asset in return. Cause Sanders RFA same year. Plus who knows if Jennings will be part of a sign and trade. Pacers and Piston are interested in Jennings. Granger was rumored part of the deal. Pistons probably unload Knight and Singler.

ManningToTyree
07-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Forums forum

COOLbeans
07-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Well they had GP, Big Glen, Sam Cassel and Ray Allen for a time. They were pretty good haha

FriedTofuz
07-29-2013, 11:36 AM
stop getting at the OP, the nba forum is too cluttered with the heat knicks lakers nets kobe lebron and such, other teams are relevant too. Nice to track things in a flow chart

HacksawButch
07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Well they had GP, Big Glen, Sam Cassel and Ray Allen for a time. They were pretty good haha

Actually they were pretty good for one season. They played Philly with Iverson in the Eastern Conference finals and beat Philly all 7 games. Seriously, the ref's were paid an enormous amount of money by the NBA to keep Milwaukee out of the Finals. No one wants to see Milwaukee play for a championship ever.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-29-2013, 01:18 PM
They had Scott Williams from our team suspended. That was lame. He was money 15' out.

Clippersfan86
07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
It's bogus that if it's not Heat, Lakers, Knicks related people get mad when you post. Like others I appreciate random threads like this about teams people rarely discuss. As for the Bucks.. after an atrocious start to the summer they have at least come out OKAY. Only issue is they went the treadmill route where instead of just tanking this year they got good enough to fight for a 7-8 seed and get smoked again in the first round.

You never want to be a treadmill team, absolute worst spot to be.

sunsfan88
07-29-2013, 04:46 PM
I want this thread to be the most active thread in the NBA forum cause I'm sick and tired of only big market teams getting most of the threads on PSD.

sunsfan88
07-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Atta baby. **** hammon and **** this terribly ran franchise that is in the same state as my beloved Packers.

Brandon Jennings, JJ Reddick and Greg Jennings all leaving in the same off season. I feel for ya man, I really do.

ghettosean
07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
http://www.bucksketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Hammond-Inherited-Assets-Tree1.png

Must say pretty awesome idea doing a flow chart like that... Props to the op (and I'm not rhyming *****es)

2-ONE-5
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Actually they were pretty good for one season. They played Philly with Iverson in the Eastern Conference finals and beat Philly all 7 games. Seriously, the ref's were paid an enormous amount of money by the NBA to keep Milwaukee out of the Finals. No one wants to see Milwaukee play for a championship ever.

this is a joke right?

Guppyfighter
07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
this is a joke right?

It was written by Tim Donaghy in his book. Take that for what it's worth.

crewfan13
07-29-2013, 06:41 PM

There's really not a role on this team for udoh, but the problem is that he's not really a player that will net you much in a trade. Is it really worth it to trade him for a second rounder or a bench player? Not really in my mind, probably hold onto him for a while and use him as a throw in to sweeten the deal a little around the deadline.

It's bogus that if it's not Heat, Lakers, Knicks related people get mad when you post. Like others I appreciate random threads like this about teams people rarely discuss. As for the Bucks.. after an atrocious start to the summer they have at least come out OKAY. Only issue is they went the treadmill route where instead of just tanking this year they got good enough to fight for a 7-8 seed and get smoked again in the first round.

You never want to be a treadmill team, absolute worst spot to be.

Agreed, but the bucks are also in that bad position of needing a new stadium. I don't remember what exactly the timeline is, but I believe in about 4 years our lease with the Bradley center runs out. Basically, with attendance fairly low, we need to get good fast. We need to create a buzz around the city surrounding the bucks to get attendance up, and maybe, just maybe, if the owner puts enough money down, the city will okay a plan build a new arena. Problem with that is that plan requires the team to be good in the near future. Tanking for wiggins or whoever we get, is a good plan to get good 4-5 years down the line, but by that point it may be an Oklahoma city situation where we tank to build a good team for someone like Seattle.

Giannis94
07-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Brandon Jennings, JJ Reddick and Greg Jennings all leaving in the same off season. I feel for ya man, I really do.

1. I am from the suburbs of Wisconsin. I am a proud bandwagon fan of the Bucks- let me keep clarify: I will not support the team until they get a new arena or new management. The 7-10th best team in the EC is getting annoying. I will show up to two games a year or so, and spend good money. I will go to games and spend money, but there will be a reason to make it enjoyable, and its not the on court product. Its the venders who sell me happy juice.
2. If you think I am mad about the Packers losing Jennings, your dead wrong. We got Captain America and crew and still have a top 5 WR staff.
3. I dont care about losing the Bucks either, so if you feel for me you have nothing to feel for.

sunsfan88
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
1. I am from the suburbs of Wisconsin. I am a proud bandwagon fan of the Bucks- let me keep clarify: I will not support the team until they get a new arena or new management. The 7-10th best team in the EC is getting annoying. I will show up to two games a year or so, and spend good money. I will go to games and spend money, but there will be a reason to make it enjoyable, and its not the on court product. Its the venders who sell me happy juice.
2. If you think I am mad about the Packers losing Jennings, your dead wrong. We got Captain America and crew and still have a top 5 WR staff.
3. I dont care about losing the Bucks either, so if you feel for me you have nothing to feel for.
Yea the Bucks need some new FO and management. The Reddick trade is still a head scratcher.

And Jennings was the best WR you guys had. He's still better than any WRs than GB has. Granted GB probably won't miss a beat due to Aaron Rodgers but Jennings was still the best WR yall had.

Didn't Donald Driver leave also?

crewfan13
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM

And that's why we will lose the team. No one will support during the rebuild, so we won't get a new arena. The two go hand in hand. The owner won't flip the bill for the entire arena, so the city has to pay for some of it. Good luck convincing the city to pay for a new arena. I understand the 8th seed nonsense sucks, and in an ideal world we'd tank, but our only real shot of getting a new arena is to build that fear the deer year excitement, maybe sneak out a 5 or 6 seed and have a shot at winning a playoff series. It sounds pathetic, but that's probably the ultimate goal. As a fan I hate it, but when you step back from the situation and take in some external factors, you sort of see why management is doing what they are doing.

MTar786
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
jamaican forum

MTar786
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
damian lillard forum

dalton749
07-30-2013, 12:14 AM
We need more threads about the smaller market teams. It's the off season and it wouldn't hurt to educate some posters, and maybe generate some quality discussions. The heat v lakers, nets v Knicks, Drummond v valanciunas types arguments are getting pretty annoying

Trueblue2
07-30-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm all for discussing all teams in the NBA forum and do think this is more thread worthy than the tenth incarcerated bob corroborated LeBron steroid thread or another knicks, nets, or lakers thread that ends up turning to baiting and trolling by the third page I do think an OP should raise a specific question or concern and not just say "this is the bucks, discuss."

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but even with the Bucks you could find something interesting to discuss beyond just the formation of the team. Like maybe how Jennings and Mayo will play together in the upcoming season or the potential of Ilyasova and Sanders to develop their games further.

shep33
07-30-2013, 03:59 AM
I hate what the Bucks have done this offseason. If they keep Jennings, they somehow managed to build the same team as last year, which makes little sense.

I wish they would've traded Jennings (maybe they still will), just let Monta walk, and press the reset button. They were in prime position to do so, but for some odd reason they decided to fight for the 8th spot out east.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-30-2013, 04:24 AM
I hate what the Bucks have done this offseason. If they keep Jennings, they somehow managed to build the same team as last year, which makes little sense.

I wish they would've traded Jennings (maybe they still will), just let Monta walk, and press the reset button. They were in prime position to do so, but for some odd reason they decided to fight for the 8th spot out east.

Because the franchise is losing money. If they have bad seasons, their attendance will drop to the bottom of the league. Fear of the city losing the team. Large market teams like the Lakers don't have that problem.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Why are you so angry?

What does this have to do with the NBA overall? Its a thread specifically on the Milwaukee Bucks, and how the team was formed...I mean, if someone posted the same exact chart but the Lakers version, I would be saying the same thing.

I just don't understand the importance of this thread to non-Bucks fans...

Wow

shep33
07-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Because the franchise is losing money. If they have bad seasons, their attendance will drop to the bottom of the league. Fear of the city losing the team. Large market teams like the Lakers don't have that problem.

But if they could sacrifice 1 season this would be it. Wiggins, Parker, Smart, etc. are franchise changing players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Not much for trade rumors for Jennings. Old rumor was Pacers were interested in Jennings. Not sure if they want him as 6th man off of the bench? Not sure what they were offering back? Writers suggested Jennings for Granger. Since George has emerged, Granger could be odd man out. Also during the summer league Joe Dumars and John Hammond were talking. Joe declined reports about a Jennings trade rumors. Who knows? Some beat writers suggested Knight and Singler for Jennings.

2-ONE-5
07-30-2013, 09:56 AM
It was written by Tim Donaghy in his book. Take that for what it's worth.

u do realize that Iverson missed a game or it would have went 6. Hack a Deke didnt work in game 7 nor could he be stopped in any game. That simple

bleedprple&gold
07-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Bucks forum

Lakers news should be in Lakers forum too....

First of all this isnt news, its just a flowchart. 2nd if it was the Lakers people will still be saying the same thing (happens all the time with Lakers threads too)

nolafan33
07-30-2013, 10:41 AM
I saw this on Reddit. Pretty cool idea.

Guppyfighter
07-30-2013, 10:41 AM
u do realize that Iverson missed a game or it would have went 6. Hack a Deke didnt work in game 7 nor could he be stopped in any game. That simple

Fair enough, but as much as there is evidence for the 2002 Lakers-Kings series, there is the same amount of evidence for the Sixers-Bucks series.

DreamShaker
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Sidney Moncrief in the 80's. I remember on the original NBA Jam they had Blue Edwards and Brad Lahaus (or something). Talk about star power! They had a nice team with Ray Allen in the early part of this century, but not since the 80's have they been serious contenders, even though they have had the number one pick a few times.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Vin Baker was decent before dealt to Sonics. Then he started drinking.