PDA

View Full Version : Lakers All-Time Re-Draft: 1) SoCal vs 8) Malibu

Chacarron
07-27-2013, 10:55 PM
The Lakers forum held its third edition of the Lakers All-Time Re-Draft over the past month. Users assembled teams by drafting players who donned the Lakers jersey at any point in their careers. For the purpose of this game, every player is assumed to be in their prime.

SoCal has home-court advantage in this matchup.

SoCal Depth Chart:
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar | Dave Robisch
PF: Kermit Washington | Kurt Rambis | John Block
SF: Lou Hudson | Trevor Ariza |George Lynch
SG: Kobe Bryant | Brian Shaw
PG: Derek Fisher | Brian Shaw | John Roche

Malibu Depth Chart:
PG: Gary Payton | Eddie Jordan | Lester Conner
SG: Anthony Peeler | Ron Harper
SF: Ron Artest | Jason Kapono
PF: Robert Horry | Cliff Robinson
C: Swen Nater | Jim Chones | LeRoy Ellis

JWorthy42
07-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I feel like SoCal's star power is just too much to handle, even with great defenders like Artest and Payton. Tough.

still1ballin
07-27-2013, 11:58 PM
SoCal! Not even close!

ThunderousDemon
07-28-2013, 12:29 AM
SoCal! Not even close!

:laugh2:

tredigs
07-28-2013, 12:32 AM
All Lakers? Booo. Anyway, that SoCal team is obviously not going to be beat by anyone.

Chavacano
07-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Kobe. Nuff said.

akesh99
07-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Kobe and Kareem? No contest.

The_Jamal
07-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Might I ask how Kobe and Kareem got paired?

still1ballin
07-28-2013, 01:21 AM
^trade

PatsSoxKnicks
07-28-2013, 04:48 AM

This. How the **** does that happen?

Raidaz4Life
07-28-2013, 05:34 AM
They got paired in a sketchy trade at the end of the draft that pretty much ended with the other two teams involved in the trade dropping out.

Several reasons why I would win.

1st off I have the best perimeter defender to ever play the game (Payton) hounding Kobe all game. I also have Ron Artest at 6'8 250 guarding 6'5 210 Lou Hudson... that completely shuts down the perimeter scoring of SoCal

2nd I have a bigger, more athletic Anthony Peeler on Fisher which allows for a more successful closeout on any open shots Fisher is getting from deep. That being said the fact that I have Artest and Payton means I have absolutely no reason to double off of Fisher at any point in the game.

3rd He has 3 players in his starting lineup that average over 20 shots a game in their respective primes yet not a single player with at least a 30% assist percentage at any point of their respective careers. So basically he is going to have to resort to a lot of iso ball which prevents his team from achieving any sort of offensive rhythm.

4th My bench absolutely blows his out of the water. I have Ron Harper and Cliff Robinson to run all over his second unit with little opposition. This was intentionally done to balance my lineup by adding legit scoring threats and not overworking my starters the way SoCal is going to be forced to do.

The only real challenge for me is going to be containing Kareem. I'm not going to claim Swen can shut down Kareem, however, the biggest Kareem stopper I anticipate will be Kobe who will take the challenge of Payton personally and force plenty of bad shots. At the end of the game I will consider swapping Cliff into the starting 5 who is a 2 time all defense 2nd teamer to double up on Kareem, forcing his teammates to beat me. The only problem is that he really doesn't have fantastic spacing outside of Fish (whom Peeler will be glued to) so my team will have plenty of time to recover.

3's set u free
07-28-2013, 11:09 AM
They got paired in a sketchy trade at the end of the draft that pretty much ended with the other two teams involved in the trade dropping out.

1st off I have the best perimeter defender to ever play the game (Payton) hounding Kobe all game. I also have Ron Artest at 6'8 250 guarding 6'5 210 Lou Hudson... that completely shuts down the perimeter scoring of SoCal

2nd I have a bigger, more athletic Anthony Peeler on Fisher which allows for a more successful closeout on any open shots Fisher is getting from deep. That being said the fact that I have Artest and Payton means I have absolutely no reason to double off of Fisher at any point in the game.

3rd He has 3 players in his starting lineup that average over 20 shots a game in their respective primes yet not a single player with at least a 30% assist percentage at any point of their respective careers. So basically he is going to have to resort to a lot of iso ball which prevents his team from achieving any sort of offensive rhythm.

4th My bench absolutely blows his out of the water. I have Ron Harper and Cliff Robinson to run all over his second unit with little opposition. This was intentionally done to balance my lineup by adding legit scoring threats and not overworking my starters the way SoCal is going to be forced to do.

The only real challenge for me is going to be containing Kareem. I'm not going to claim Swen can shut down Kareem, however, the biggest Kareem stopper I anticipate will be Kobe who will take the challenge of Payton personally and force plenty of bad shots. At the end of the game I will consider swapping Cliff into the starting 5 who is a 2 time all defense 2nd teamer to double up on Kareem, forcing his teammates to beat me. The only problem is that he really doesn't have fantastic spacing outside of Fish (whom Peeler will be glued to) so my team will have plenty of time to recover.

Fail... Kareem will dominate. Kobes biggest concern is winning the championship, not scoring in the playoffs. U seem to remember Shaq getting 35 and 15 in the playoffs every year with Kobe on his team. Also, bench is overrated when your starters are that good.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2013, 01:51 PM
how on earth did Kobe and Kareem end up on the same team?

That team can't be beat imo, unless you can get Magic and Shaq on the same team..

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 03:53 PM
I just checked the trades, basically one team got completely raped. It was a three way deal.

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
how on earth did Kobe and Kareem end up on the same team?

That team can't be beat imo, unless you can get Magic and Shaq on the same team..

Hey dude, if it isn't too hard could you sticky the Lakers Re-Draft threads? They are getting lost haha.

NYJ - NYY
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Add Content

LAKERMANIA
07-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Shep33. He basically ruined the draft for everyone

GREATNESS ONE
07-28-2013, 07:33 PM
:laugh: I'm sorry guys for making a trade :p

Hawkeye15
07-28-2013, 07:40 PM

I admire the attempt, but dude, you are going against Kobe/KAJ. Two top 10 players ever, one of them the only one who has an argument against MJ as the GOAT (No Kobe fans, it's not him).

JWorthy42
07-28-2013, 07:41 PM
I admire the attempt, but dude, you are going against Kobe/KAJ. Two top 10 players ever, one of them the only one who has an argument against MJ as the GOAT (No Kobe fans, it's not him).

:laugh:

Pretty much this.

JWorthy42
07-29-2013, 02:17 AM
This is murder :(

GREATNESS ONE
07-29-2013, 02:37 AM
:D. The Mo & O show.

I cannot wait for the Shaq vs Dwight match-up game!

LAKERMANIA
07-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Stupid Shep, he should be banned for being apart of that trade