PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson Close to an Extension 3 years/18 million

black1605
07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Restricted free-agent guard Gerald Henderson is finalizing an agreement on a three-year, $18 million contract extension with the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--gerald-henderson-re-signing-with-bobcats-195946757.html?cache=clear

Glad to have him back at a reasonable cost. We're incredibly thin at shooting guard without him.

hugepatsfan
07-26-2013, 08:40 PM
That's a good deal to get him for.

bucketss
07-26-2013, 08:41 PM
solid deal.

black1605
07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
That's a good deal to get him for.

Agreed. The third year is a player option, and apparently we offered 3 years/21 million without the option, but he declined. I prefer the deal as is better anyway.

smith&wesson
07-26-2013, 10:00 PM
6 million a year is a bargain for him. he will only get better.

TimeForAHoliday
07-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Good deal, he's a baller.

black1605
07-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Good deal, he's a baller.

Baller, maybe. But he played really well over the last 25 games or so, averaging nearly 24 a game, and shooting a decent percentage. It was a contract year, for a bad team, but I have hope. I follow him on Twitter, and he has been working out like crazy all off season, especially on his 3-point shot.

spreadeagle
07-26-2013, 11:02 PM
good deal, Them Bobcats with Al Jeff could surprise some ppl, I think a lot depends on Kemba, hes a winner i like em and his role as the future leader of that team, still dont know if they will be 500 next year but look for a huge improvement

JWorthy42
07-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Great deal.

I don't think Henderson will get much better from here on, however he is still a great wing player right now. Both on offense and defense. Henderson will still improve, he is only 25, but not much.

Hope that makes sense. Still a great signing.

Tony_Starks
07-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Not bad although I'm always leery of the contract player. His game is nice though.

SportsFanatic10
07-27-2013, 05:41 AM
good deal for them. he's got some skills.

MrfadeawayJB
07-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Very safe choice. I like his game, and if he still improves it could be a bargain

LTBaByyy
07-27-2013, 11:20 AM
People say this is a great deal but Monta a bad deal??? Wow

We gave Monta a 3 year 25 mil deal with the 3rd year a player option

Same exact deal only a couple mil more a year.

GiantsSwaGG
07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
People say this is a great deal but Monta a bad deal??? Wow

We gave Monta a 3 year 25 mil deal with the 3rd year a player option

Same exact deal only a couple mil more a year.

Henderson doesn't chuck, might be a better shooter than Ellis, certainly is a better defender, younger and passes the ball. Tell me when to stop

LTBaByyy
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Henderson doesn't chuck, might be a better shooter than Ellis, certainly is a better defender, younger and passes the ball. Tell me when to stop

Haha please, he had to chuck for the no offense Bucks to stay relevant

Check his effiency, shooting percentage before the bucks

Monta Ellis avg more assist (Way more) and rebounds a game, gets to the rim more, is way more clutch than Henderson

Ellis has way more shooters around him in Dallas so that gives him more spacing, he has a pass first PG and a championship winning Top 5 current coach in Carlisle. He also doesn't have Jennings anymore thank god

He will make you eat your words this season

While Henderson stats gets worse with better players/scorers now in Charlotte, Ellis stats will go up

GiantsSwaGG
07-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Monta Ellis avg more assist (Way more) and rebounds a game, gets to the rim more, is way more clutch than Henderson

Ellis has way more shooters around him in Dallas so that gives him more spacing, he has a pass first PG and a championship winning Top 5 current coach in Carlisle. He also doesn't have Jennings anymore thank god

While Henderson stats gets worse with better players/scorers now in Charlotte, Ellis stats will go up

Wrong

Ellis is a chucker going back to his Warriors days

He had a better PG in Curry and still couldn't manage to play with him.

Needs the ball in his hands to be effective

He can't shoot well

Terrible 3pt shoot

His defense sucks balls

Too short

And he has never won

When Golden State traded him, they became a top 5 team in the west. He stinks and from reports he's a cancer in the locker room too. There's a reason only 2 teams wanted him and were going to break bank for him!

:dance:

TheNumber37
07-27-2013, 03:47 PM
monta Ellis is a poor man's Allen Iverson.

Iverson was quicker, a.better passer, had more heart. And sadly, he was a better leader. at least he led by exAmple.
And He won.

can't be that bad of a deal for Henderson, but Ellis deal is not terrible.

He's really a 6th man and needs to be paid as such.

JWorthy42
07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Ellis is better than Henderson, not sure what the argument is.

Monta is not a 1st option type of player, but playing alongside Dirk will help him. I like it for the Mavs. They needed a scorer next to Dirk, and they got one.

MonroeFAN
07-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Ellis deal certainly isn't bad, I can understand not liking him as a player. It is a good contract though.

Henderson's is great as well.

Guppyfighter
07-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Why did he have to chuck on the Warriors with Lee and Curry then?

king4day
07-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't think Ellis' deal is bad but to compare it to Henderson's doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 7mil is a big difference.

Excellent job by Charlotte not to give in early